homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Decluttering support thread (Page 31)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Decluttering support thread
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My Dad had a good tidying regime.

He never got out of a chair without tidying something as he went on his way.

I shall give this a try - sounds like a good habit!

(Why I didn't pick all this up as a child I have no idea [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{{{{All of us}}}}}

I'm making progress. [Smile]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The family was in too much of a rush to take their pick of my book cull, so elder son took photographs of the full boxes to look through later.
That means they will be here for a bit longer - must not put them back on the bookshelves.

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Over the past month or so I've had two rooms carpeted (so, of course, they had to be emptied -- and one of them was my cluttered office), a closet redone (had to empty that too), and all new windows replaced (had to clear away everything that might block them). Today the window person came to do some final finishing up, and almost everything is back in place. I've repaired, rehemmed, or replaced some curtains and am making one new pair. The new cleaning service seems to have reneged on their promise of coming before Christmas (this is the third time a cleaner has done this to me before Christmas) so I need to get mopping, dusting, and vacuuming. I have dinner guests on Christmas Day, houseguests arriving that evening, and a party the following week. Aaack! (I also have a ton of stuff for our upcoming Auction at church, which I can't take over there until after Christmas, but at least the adopt-a-family gifts are out of here.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did a foolish thing - I bought a settle, which was delivered today. I've wanted one for ages, and just happened to pass a local antique shop when they had one standing by the door.
So now I need to get rid of my perfectly serviceable sofa - which is now on Freecycle and Freegle (the areas overlap where I am). Which took me hours, because I couldn't get onto the Yahoo Groups they use, no matter what I tried. Fortunately, they have set up new groups (one on Facebook) which I can post on!
So, until someone puts an offer in to collect it, my living room looks like a railway carriage!

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A railway carriage doesn't sound so bad! [Smile]

I'm making progress, but it's rough.

{{{{{{{All of us}}}}}}}

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Keep on keeping on!

[Angel]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Just noticed that Apartment Therapy is having "Join Us to Get Organized in 2015: The January Cure". Sign up, and they'll e-mail you daily with assignments.

FWIW, YMMV.

--------------------

Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can well recommend getting new carpets as a speedy aid to decluttering. Several bags of stuff to charity shops; more in the bin.
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This time last year I was planning to declutter the whole house, starting at the back kitchen door and working round. I didn't get much further than the kitchen, which took days and days to do, but the end result was worth it. Today I plan to do a maintenance declutter of the kitchen - I'm hoping I can do it in one day. We're living off left-overs today, so it won't be needed for actual cooking.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Sounds good, both of you! [Smile]

--------------------

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking in to say that I decluttered that cupboard in the kitchen where out of date medication, vitamin tablets etc live yesterday...and discovered a whole extra shelf I didn't know I had!

I only have the rest of the house to do now....

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I mentioned here that I needed to declutter some of my bookshelves/DVD shelves.

I am amazed to be able to report that I did it the next day! All is now waiting for the 7 new movies and 3 new opera DVDs that are currently winging their way here - actually, as the movies are coming by India Post it could be awhile yet! The operas are going to a friend's house in UK and he will bring them in March when he visits.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I am amazed to be able to report that I did it the next day! All is now waiting for the 7 new movies and 3 new opera DVDs that are currently winging their way here - actually, as the movies are coming by India Post it could be awhile yet! The operas are going to a friend's house in UK and he will bring them in March when he visits.

The challenge will be for you to keep that space empty until the DVDs get there.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

The Kat in the Hat
Shipmate
# 2557

- Posted      Profile for The Kat in the Hat   Email The Kat in the Hat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My other half has decided to declut the bedroom. As his idea of doing this usually involves shoving everything into a cupboard & closing the door quick, I'm not hopeful.

--------------------
Less is more ...

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

The challenge will be for you to keep that space empty until the DVDs get there.
I went to the Post Office just now to post a cheque, a bit late, and found that 6 of the 7 Hitchcock moves have already arrived and were waiting for me! They are now adorning the newly cleared shelf along with an opera or nine!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Kat in the Hat:
My other half has decided to declut the bedroom. As his idea of doing this usually involves shoving everything into a cupboard & closing the door quick, I'm not hopeful.

Just don't be the next person to open the cupboard.

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have an empty cupboard to shove things into!

Decluttering starts today. 18 months ago I did a major declutter (the parenting forum I admin on crashed for several months and I used the spare time wisely). But old habits reappear and I'm starting again. One of my new tactics is not to confer with my husband, as he can never make up his mind and can't throw things [Smile]
Starting in the boys' room today with their wardrobes. I did their chest of drawers earlier in the week. I might even look in my wardrobe...

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Happy new decluttering year Shipmates!

Up and attem!!

[Angel] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Main bedroom has had total revamp and we are finally (after 8 months of decorating) back into it. Major sorting of cupboards and wardrobes before things are moved into the new ones. We may be some time, therefore, with stuff spread across two bedrooms. [Biased]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My brother is coming to stay for a week. I have 8 more days to tidy the house, especially the spare bedroom which has been the repository for lots of junk [Help]

I actually made a large dent in the stuff I need to do yesterday, but a combination of aching joints and a hot day didn't help today.

I would like a cold spell for a couple of days, not the forecast 30c (86f) on Sunday.

Huia - not a sun worshipper

--------------------

ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Took out 3 big bags of trash today!

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Joan_of_Quark

Anchoress of St Expedite
# 9887

- Posted      Profile for Joan_of_Quark   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've managed to create a LAIR instead of a home again. There's a base layer of books and paperwork everywhere, plus unfinished art, craft and writing projects. If I get ill, another layer of clutter and unwashed stuff gets added on top of that.

On the plus side, while I was lurking I heard about UfYH on here, and found their very non-prissy approach to housework helpful when I had the energy to keep attacking it.

Oh well, once more unto the bleach...

--------------------
"I want to be an artist when I grow up." "Well you can't do both!"
further quarkiness

Posts: 1025 | From: The Book Depository | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Joan_of_Quark:

Oh well, once more unto the bleach...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bother - nobody wanted my sofa on Freecycle or Freegle when I offered it, so I went into the British Heart Foundation. Who said that they would take it if it had a label saying it was safe in case of fires. Said label seems to have come adrift, so I'm back to the drawing board.

--------------------

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In certain parts of the city* here people just leave unwanted furniture on the pavement, where it's assumed to be "free to a good home". We've seen some (apparently) perfectly serviceable furniture just abandoned until either someone takes it, or eventually they get the Council to come and take it away.

We acquired a little four-drawer chest for our dining-room that way: it was on the pavement outside a block of flats up the road, and all it needed was a clean-up, a couple of coats of paint and some new handles.

* Quite often, in areas where the occupants are on benefits, and are being supplied with new furniture by The System.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They do this in my area as well (although not in the tonier neighborhoods). I scored a very nice printer stand, with shelves below, in Bethesda, MD. And my sister-in-law has handily given away numbers of items in Texas by putting them out on the curb.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

They leave things on the sidewalk or by curb Dumpsters here in SF, too. I've gotten some things that way.

IANAL, but there are some legalities to consider here. You're not supposed to do it, except on specified special days. Some people cover themselves by putting a sign on the item, with the name of the local trash company. People can take the item as they wish, but the donor can say they had no intention to litter. (Don't know if that's ever been tested.) If the item's broken and needs repairs, put a note on it, so that nobody gleefully hauls it home, then finds out the sad truth.

You're also not supposed to put something in/on someone else's Dumpster. People do sometimes put things on construction/renovation dumpsters, 'cause they tend to have a lot of other household stuff. But *by* the Dumpster is thought of as safer, legally.

FIWI, YMMV, etc.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When we were having the wooden siding replaced on our house, a house a couple of doors down was being completely gutted, and there was a skip outside the house for several days. Our builder asked them if he could put our discarded bits into the skip at the end of the day, and they were happy enough for us to do it.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jante
Shipmate
# 9163

- Posted      Profile for Jante   Email Jante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm about to start my annual post Christmas declutter of my office- each year in the run up to Christmas I walk in from every service and dump what ever props, paper and books I have used until by today I can't move. Last year I managed to keep tidy until Easter but gradually the mess has built up- this year I need to do better as its likely we will be moving sometime before next Christmas!! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
My blog http://vicarfactorycalling.blogspot.com/

Posts: 535 | From: deepest derbyshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

I can't put the sofa outside here - it'd get soaked through in no time, apart from anything else! I think I'll try Freecycle again in a while, and if that fails there's always the Council, though they charge to take it away.

--------------------

Deputy Verger
Shipmate
# 15876

- Posted      Profile for Deputy Verger   Email Deputy Verger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I’ve been lurking here for a long time, gathering inspiration and strength, but never actually picked anything up. Suddenly I seem to be in gear. Once you start it’s very compelling to keep going. I’ve sorted all the random papers around the place, from accounts to old magazines and cards, from paper that goes in the printer to stuff that is the wrong size in this country. Plenty of shredding and recycling and filing and I now know what I have and where it is. Then I tackled all the wires and cables and chargers and old phones and laptops. Challenging, but sorted. I even dismantled one old laptop, took out the battery for recycling and the hard drive for destruction by hammer. So satisfying. This has all happened in a couple of days, after a year or more of just glaring at it all! Next up – boots and shoes. Oh dear. Then, one rainy day… the kitchen! Maybe.
Posts: 475 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Deputy Verger:
Once you start it’s very compelling to keep going.

Law of inertia.

My Dad used to call me 'Inertia Bagwash' as it was so hard to get me going then even harder to get me to stop!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Jante
Shipmate
# 9163

- Posted      Profile for Jante   Email Jante   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Office tidy [Yipee] Now lets see how long it stays that way! [Eek!]

--------------------
My blog http://vicarfactorycalling.blogspot.com/

Posts: 535 | From: deepest derbyshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday I Decluttered the kitchen. Note I actually want to be in there [Smile] Next step: the lounge book cases. This could take some time...
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today I sorted out some old files and shredded the contents without reading them - I never thought I could do it!

Just another fifty or so to go and the cupboard could get quite tidy [Smile]

Cottontail

Shipmate
# 12234

- Posted      Profile for Cottontail   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have just de-cluttered and tidied the big hall cupboard, which I had to do before I could clear away the Christmas decorations (tomorrow's task). It was becoming a death trap, as I couldn't get at anything without tripping over something else. All is now clear and sorted. [Smile]

--------------------
"I don't think you ought to read so much theology," said Lord Peter. "It has a brutalizing influence."

Posts: 2377 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I hate it when I run out of energy and am left with a box of clothes in the bath, then I want to use the bath [Waterworks]

Huia

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I have a new strategy.

I quickly empty the cupboard I want clear, then sort and put back 10 minutes at a time as I pass.

[Smile]

I have to keep changing how I declutter as I'm very easily bored.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

I'm making progress.

Boogie, good strategy!

May we all become a little more clutter-free this year.
[Smile]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Our church rummage sale is in February, but today they brought in a storage "pod" so we can start bringing our stuff over. My car trunk is now full with my first load, which I'll be taking over shortly.

It feels so good to get it out of the house!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
~Tortuf

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a word, HELP!

There is so much stuff in my two bedrooms, and there needs to be so much less. I always think of the front one as having space, but it just doesn't at the moment, and I'm starting to panic.

Or might be in full blown panic.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh ThunderBunk, that doesn't sound good. Hopefully it's not full-blown panic just yet and you can get a handle on a few small things to do that will make a lot of difference. Everyone here is on a journey that involves a few of those crisis points and I know I seem to go round and round in circles on specific issues time after time. Is there anyone you can ask for a wee bit of specific help from? I think Huia has found this helps her not to get overwhelmed and I know my girlfriend and I wind each other up when it comes to chores and decluttering, but it does mean that they get done and done quicker.

This weekend we spent the whole of Saturday afternoon dealing with the area under my bed. Pretty much the only thing that fits in my room is the bed (there's a door-width strip next to it into which I have squeezed a wardrobe stacked on some drawers, but that's it) so the area underneath it is valuable storage real estate but things had mouldered a bit under there - the dust bunnies were raising litters and some of the dust was running/wiggling around on its own. So we went out and bought six underbed bins with lids (because my bed is on risers and you can fit them stacked two high) and sorted the miscellany of cardboard boxes into them (excluding the two tiny tents and sets of ball-pit balls). I chose clear plastic boxes so I can now see which box contains what and they are all on the accessible side of the bed. Once the suitcases are emptied from our holiday adventures they will be nested and go behind the boxes for storage.

Then we vacuumed under the bed - it's a good thing my vacuum cleaner is hand-held, as this required a good deal of wriggling around under the bed lying on my side - and wiped the floor down with Dettol. And finally put the boxes back. Hopefully this will mean it is much easier to drag things out to vacuum under there more frequently.

Currently the living room is of an acceptable standard - we've had a couple of friends around for dinner since Christmas - but I would like to deal with the corner of it that gets a bit glory-hole-ish. Currently filled with knitting bags and a couple of fairly neat-looking boxes of things that have come back from activities we have run. I don't know when there'll be a chance to dig in to that though.

[ 12. January 2015, 09:14: Message edited by: To The Pain ]

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Palimpsest
Shipmate
# 16772

- Posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm overwhelmed with my house, so I'm not a role model. Sometimes it helps to get a large trash bag, fill it and throw it out. Don't worry about recycling, or finding a new home. Just get rid of a bag of stuff. Even one makes you realize that there can be progress.
Posts: 2990 | From: Seattle WA. US | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Thunderbunk and all--

The...unusually named site, UnfuckYourHabitat, can be a great deal of help-- both for support and tactics. There are links to its other faces, too--tumblr, etc.

I'm trying to get some cleaning done, in advance of repair people coming in on Tuesday afternoon. Eeek!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Last weekend, in a fit of insanitary, I decluttered my bedroom and threw away loads of old receipts, etc. I also organised the new little stainless steel wire shelving unit above the desk. It has made it a pleasure to go into the room now.

Now the challenge is to keep it like that!

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Managed to be ready for the repair person! [Smile]

--------------------

Jenn.
Shipmate
# 5239

- Posted      Profile for Jenn.   Email Jenn.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did 2/3 book cases in the week, and half my bedroom today. Me tidying means that husband gets involved and more gets done. Just need to get motivated and do some paperwork this week!
Posts: 2282 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

{{{{{All of us}}}}}

I'm making some progress.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My task today is to get someone to remove a roll of vinyl flooring from the back of church which I take a lot of trouble to keep clear*. I put out an e-mail request for a small amount to line shelves with in the little kitchen, and I'd got this all done and dusted by Saturday lunchtime.

Sunday morning someone brought in an entire roll and left it by the font [Mad] in spite of the fact that the e-mail said 'please contact the office with offers, rather than just bring stuff in'. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

*other churches manage to be a living witness to the Lord without looking like a permanent jumble sale [Confused]

Mrs. S, wondering why no-one ever reads an e-mail past the first sentence [Ultra confused] [Roll Eyes] [Confused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016