homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Decluttering support thread (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  50  51  52 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Decluttering support thread
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eigon:
A leg fell off my wooden sewing box, which also has a dodgy hinge on the lid, so I decided it Had To Go.
At first I was going to donate it to my neighbour as kindling (or Morning Wood, as they call it locally), but now I've had a brainwave - the drawers are deep enough to fill with soil and put small plants in, and it will look quite decorative outside the front door (as long as I prop up the corner where the leg fell off!). So I shall be off to buy some flowering plants shortly.

That should be really pretty - what a good idea
Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I watched another hoarder programme this week. It was a school teacher with 35 years worth of school clutter. That thought 'I may need it one day' is very strong regarding teaching materials!

Now that rang a bell! So this week I've been being ruthless. If I haven't used it in 3 years it has been binned/given/recycled. 90% of the resources I use are online now anyway.

I now have shelves with accessible stuff that I USE! Hurrah!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I really must do something about my desk - I thought of posting a photo of it on Flickr but really I would be too ashamed [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
I really must do something about my desk - I thought of posting a photo of it on Flickr but really I would be too ashamed [Hot and Hormonal]

Take a photo / save it / do a declutter / post a before-and-after piccy.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good idea!

Before piccy taken but it might be months or years before I get round to an after piccy.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Good idea!

Before piccy taken but it might be months or years before I get round to an after piccy.

What kind of commitment is that ? [Biased]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Erm, MY kind?

[Cool]

[Biased]

eta: you have to realise that some of this stuff hasn't seen light of day since Paloeolithic times.

[ 28. April 2013, 09:32: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
nothing like having a boomeranging young adult back in the home to sort the de cluttering

~no church this morning, we're still recovering!~

[ 28. April 2013, 12:27: Message edited by: Ethne Alba ]

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:
nothing like having a boomeranging young adult back in the home to sort the de cluttering

erk!!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Taliesin
Shipmate
# 14017

- Posted      Profile for Taliesin   Email Taliesin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah...

My mother was suddenly ill and rushed to hospital. She didn't want to go home, because of all the messa and clutter. So the siblings and I went in with a 'shovel and bags' mentality and carted a load of it away, to be stored.

She is now home, and asking for bits back (and thank God we identified the stuff in genuine use and had it at the front) which we bring her.

She feels much better. [Smile]

Posts: 2138 | From: South, UK | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Upcoming renovations mean I have to clean out my storeroom -- I finally found a home for boxes and boxes of leftover inventory from a deceased business (more involved than I care to go into now). So... I spent the day organizing all of that to get ready for delivery. I hope to finish up tomorrow. Yesterday I had to clean out a small shed, so that some of the other stuff in the storeroom can be moved into that.

I'm exhausted -- but really feel I've accomplished something! (But there's still a long way to go...)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not as dramatic as some others' posts, but I dipped out of band practice last night and sorted out all the T-shirts that I normally put on and think, gosh that's too big/gone baggy or whatever, but keep on wearing and washing ad nauseam . Also my Very Favourite pair of blue trousers that won't actually stay up and are far too complicated to alter ... all gone to the Clothes Bank [Big Grin]

Nearly had to declutter my ancient and much-beloved Frister & Rossman sewing machine, lugged home ON THE TUBE about 40 years ago from Gamage's closing-down sale, believe it or not. The lead, as I unplugged it from taking up another pair of trousers, emitted a very satisfying blue flash and blew (blue?) various fuses [Confused] Luckily The Intrepid Mr. S dismantled the lead and restored it to life - what a star! [Axe murder]

Mrs. S, hair still standing on end [Ultra confused]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am making progress.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
Not as dramatic as some others' posts, but I dipped out of band practice last night and sorted out all the T-shirts that I normally put on and think, gosh that's too big/gone baggy or whatever, but keep on wearing and washing ad nauseam .

I have started making dusters out of mine. No more washing dusters, I just throw them away when used.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A rag rug is a good way of using up old clothes. I put about 20 T-shirts into one, but they seem to have crept up again...
Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evangeline
Shipmate
# 7002

- Posted      Profile for Evangeline   Email Evangeline   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm not one to talk my desk is a disgrace and has layer upon layer of stuff that has now spread onto piles on the floor and I just can't bring myself to deal with it but I'm feeling so much better reading this thread (It's a form of denial, I don't have a problem like those people over there [Biased] )

quote:
A rag rug is a good way of using up old clothes. I put about 20 T-shirts into one, but they seem to have crept up again...
Isn't a rug made of old t-shirts just clutter transformed into... even less useful clutter than before??? Does anyone really need a rag rug?
Posts: 2871 | From: "A capsule of modernity afloat in a wild sea" | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:
Isn't a rug made of old t-shirts just clutter transformed into... even less useful clutter than before??? Does anyone really need a rag rug?

My niece makes lovely rag rugs - they look great in her farm cottage. I had a go once, it hurts the hands!
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm turning my sons' tees into a blanket [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wonder why making a rag rug hurt your hands, Boogie? I've made rag rugs by two different methods - one with a sort of pair of scissors that you stick through the sacking and pull your 3" length of cloth through to make a tuft 1 1/2" long each side, and one done with the sacking stretched on a frame with a tool to push long lengths of cloth into the backing. There's another method with a rug hook which I haven't tried. I've made several rugs over the years, one of them a portrait of my dog running. They use tons of fabric and wear well, and look attractive - and I don't remember ever hurting my hands doing it.

--------------------
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Eigon:
I wonder why making a rag rug hurt your hands, Boogie?

To be fair, it's because of my Arthur-itis.

[Smile]

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evangeline:

I dare say you have a more decoratively coherent home than I do. It amused me to make it and I enjoy stepping out on to it each morning. Some day I can bin it with the feeling that I got my money's worth.

But I am an inveterate recycler.

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Shrew has gone out to the pub for the evening so I am taking the opportunity to tackle filing...

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Belle Ringer
Shipmate
# 13379

- Posted      Profile for Belle Ringer   Email Belle Ringer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
So this week I've been being ruthless. If I haven't used it in 3 years it has been binned/given/recycled. 90% of the resources I use are online now anyway.

I have my bookshelves in the living room because I'm always into the books - but recently I realized I haven't looked at any of my books in - years? If I want to know something I go on line.

That awareness startled me, but it sure suggests I can ditch a lot of books. Maybe a bookshelf too?

I guess most of the cookbooks ought to go. If I want a recipe I go on line.

Posts: 5830 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Upcoming renovations mean I have to clean out my storeroom -- I finally found a home for boxes and boxes of leftover inventory from a deceased business (more involved than I care to go into now). ...

A friend with a larger vehicle than mine just helped me deliver 15 large boxes to an organization that can put this stuff to good use! I feel so liberated,as if a huge weight has been lifted!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Upcoming renovations mean I have to clean out my storeroom -- I finally found a home for boxes and boxes of leftover inventory from a deceased business (more involved than I care to go into now). ...

A friend with a larger vehicle than mine just helped me deliver 15 large boxes to an organization that can put this stuff to good use! I feel so liberated,as if a huge weight has been lifted!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Yippee indeed - well done Pigwidgeon, and that's a very special feeling of liberation you got there.

I've got to the stage where, under stress, I start looking around for things to throw away - not AT anyone, just AWAY!

Mrs. S, feeling pretty libersated these days
[Smile]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Anyone who has bought a rug (BOUGHT!)...could do with making a rag rug. They're lovely things.]

On another matter.....the files are being emptied, our blue paper recycling bin is filling up and spaces are appearing in the bookshelves.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Ethne Alba:
... and spaces are appearing in the bookshelves.

My problem is that I always see this as an excuse to have a day in the bookshops!

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yippee!

After nearly a year of searching I've found me an adult's version of Mrs Doubtfire. Tracking down this paragon took 6 months because everyone (Macmillan, CAB, hospice, CRUSE, etc) thought such people existed but didn't know where or how to find.

She's now helping me go through the 30 cubic metres of administrative chaos bequeathed by my dear departed - getting through the first lot reduced me to such a state my GP said I was displaying symptoms of PTSD

Quite apart from anything else, she's found 11 unpresented cheques [Eek!] so we're now busy writing to former clients, etc, to see if they'll reissue...

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
My problem is that I always see this as an excuse to have a day in the bookshops!

You need an excuse?
[Eek!]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

[in the interests of honesty: i HAD visited a second hand bookshop two weeks previously...
......maybe i'd forgotten exactly why i needed space.....i now need to make More space.....grrrrr.....}

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
quote:

You need an excuse?
[Eek!]

Nah, I just need a spare few minutes or, preferably, an hour or two.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More progress. [Smile]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Mrs Doubtfire" is wonderful - organised and methodical and just getting on with it.

And the best thing is that all the dreck means I can have a bonfire... [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
"Mrs Doubtfire" is wonderful - organised and methodical and just getting on with it.

Excellent [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Dealing with a "major cleaning before workers come in for major repairs" situation. Workers should be here early next week. Nervous, and unwell (for other reasons), and did I say nervous?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

I got through it, and the repairs are done! [Smile]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

For "bonfire" mentioned earlier read "garden incinerator": lit it just before 2pm on Tuesday - finally extinguished by torrential rain just after 8pm Thursday [Eek!]

Mrs D has now completed the first pass through - now just to get the stuff we've kept into some kind of order.

And I finally got rid of a rocking chair I've hated since 1993 [Yipee]

--------------------

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I dared let my friends in to see the chaos in its natural state, (normally I relocate junk from the living room and close all other doors). They came back this week and zapped some of it. I have a craft room i can do stuff in so don't need to take it elsewhere and then it gets left there etc.

It feels like my brain has been tidied a little bit too.

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

- Posted      Profile for Eigon   Author's homepage   Email Eigon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I joined my next door neighbour in a table sale this afternoon and got rid of a rug that's been sitting rolled up at the back of the bathroom for a couple of years. I got £5 for it, which is pretty good considering I first got it when someone further down the street had left it out for the bin men!
(It's a good rug - I just don't have room for it any more)

--------------------

Posts: 3710 | From: Hay-on-Wye, town of books | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thyme
Shipmate
# 12360

- Posted      Profile for Thyme     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congraulations everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by Avila:
It feels like my brain has been tidied a little bit too.

I know what you mean. I can't think properly when everything is in a mess.

I'm feeling a bit flat after the big attic clean out. I think there is more to do but I'm not sure what. Surely I can't be finished? [Eek!]

I need to sort out my socks. Seriously. The little drawer is crammed full and I can never find a matching pair in the right colour. Every day it annoys me. Maybe if I do that it will clear my mind.

--------------------
The Church in its own bubble has become, at best the guardian of the value system of the nation’s grandparents, and at worst a den of religious anoraks defined by defensiveness, esoteric logic and discrimination. Bishop of Buckingham's blog

Posts: 600 | From: Cloud Cuckoo Land | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Thyme:

I need to sort out my socks. Seriously. The little drawer is crammed full and I can never find a matching pair in the right colour. Every day it annoys me. Maybe if I do that it will clear my mind.

I recently had a sock sort - I keep the odd, holey, ancient ones for one-off throw away dusters.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm in the midst of moving, and it's done great things for my decluttering.

Here's the deal- we don't have movers outside of the urban areas, and the do-it-yourself moving vans are prohibitively expensive. So we bought a trailer- the size we'd fit one single snowmachine into. It has 2ft walls, no roof. And my life has to fit into this thing. It's a 2-3 day drive, partly through a corner of Canada, so more than one trip is not possible.

This has caused me to switch my thinking around from "what can I bear to part with?" to "what absolutely HAS to go with me?"

I've reduced my entire wardrobe by 2/3rds (including stagewear and costuming) and officially donated enough books to the library that they asked me to stop. We have given four full sized truck loads to the local charity shop and taken 4 truckloads to the dump. I have also given away a good portion of my belongings via facebook. No yard sale, just unload.

It's been difficult, but it feels very FREE!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So, Comet, you didn't need me - [Tear]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I always need you!

Shall I fedex you these matresses? [Biased]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
quote:

I got the last of all the miscellaneous "stuff" out of there yesterday, and the renovations began this morning! [Yipee]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mrs Shrew

Ship's Mother
# 8635

- Posted      Profile for Mrs Shrew   Author's homepage   Email Mrs Shrew   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Pigwidgeon, and best of luck with the move Comet

--------------------
"The goal of life is not to make other people in your own image, it is to understand that they, too, are in God's image" (Orfeo)
Was "mummyfrances".

Posts: 703 | From: York, England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nenya
Shipmate
# 16427

- Posted      Profile for Nenya     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Nen took a carload of stuff to the community recycling place this morning. Two computers. Two monitors. Two televisions. Two radios. All from the loft. I never realised there was so much stuff up there... I must have known about it once, but forgotten...

Nen - still shellshocked. [Eek!]

--------------------
They told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn.

Eigon
Shipmate
# 4917

I joined my two neighbours in a table sale outside our houses today - had a lovely time sitting in the sun and chatting and made £13.50, and got rid of enough stuff to make it worthwhile doing again.

--------------------

Avila
Shipmate
# 15541

- Posted      Profile for Avila   Email Avila   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nenya:
Mr Nen took a carload of stuff to the community recycling place this morning. Two computers. Two monitors. Two televisions. Two radios. All from the loft. I never realised there was so much stuff up there... I must have known about it once, but forgotten...

Nen - still shellshocked. [Eek!]

Sounds like the Ark for electricals - the items went in 2 by 2....

I'll get my coat....

--------------------
http://aweebleswonderings.blogspot.com/

Posts: 1305 | From: west midlands | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We aren't so much decluttering - too many non-fiction books that we simply can't dispose of - but we've disposed of stacks of old craft magazines, two dying chairs and an awkward piece that doesn't hold enough bottles, knick-knacks or hobby stuff to earn its keep, replacing them with yet another bookcase and a couple of smaller, more useful cupboards that stow away more easily. Once they are in place, a couple more tatty old bookshelves can go.

I suppose it's going to be eBay again next, then maybe a front-of-house sale and the charity shops.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  50  51  52 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016