homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » All new job search support thread (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  28  29  30 

Source: (consider it) Thread: All new job search support thread
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The NHS seems to be largely uninterested in experience that comes from outside the NHS. This is so stupid it makes me [brick wall] - they are not interested in using expertise from other areas to improve their own performance.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Frankly, fuck 'em.

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back in clinical practice after my postdoc finished - disappointed that academia turned out to not really be for me (I'm not driven enough), but I'm not really enjoying what I'm doing now either. Someone recently asked me what I want to be when I grow up, and all I could think to reply was 'retired'! Just need to figure out what to do between now and then.

I've worked out if I stay in my current post till the end of the year I will have worked enough hours to reregister both this year and in 3 years time, so I figure 10 months of work for 6 years worth of registration is worth it, and there are other good things about the job - colleagues, occasional thanks, convenient location and hours, amongst others. But in a few months, towards the end of the year, I will be starting to look for something else, probably in public health/health education, where hopefully there will be a bit of scope to use my research skills without the high pressure of academia. I will stay on the local nurse bank so I can carry on doing some clinical work, but without the pressure that being a permanent staff member entails.

Hmm, rereading that last paragraph it sounds like my main criteria for work is minimal pressure. All of a sudden, full-time allotmenteer sounds quite attractive! I'm too part-time an allotmenteer currently for the allotment to be a complete haven (the bloody weeds are certainly not part-time), but I agree that there is no feeling quite like harvesting your own food (and no taste quite like eating it).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack the Lass:
... it sounds like my main criteria for work is minimal pressure ...

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me - pressure isn't all it's cracked up to be. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having attended a recruitment fair for the new care home opening close by, I have just completed my first job application form in around 17 years. That was hard work! Can I remember the dates of all my previous employers? Will the people I am applying to actually be interested in all my IT experience when this is a totally new area?

Still, I've done my side of it, including 2 interesting (yes, really) questionnaires, one of which hopefully shows how dementia aware I am, and the other looks like they think it'll show them how emotionally intelligent ( [Eek!] so trendy with recruitment), organised, flexible, etc etc I am - as long as I was honest with my answers [Devil]

Now to pop it in the post before the waiting begins.

Posts: 3184 | From: southern uk | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good luck, daisydaisy!

Well, as a result of one thing and another I now know what MBTI type I am (and really ought to look at some of the other types as well. The profile matches me very well, so I ought to check the others and see how cynical I should be). Quite whether that is going to help or not remains to be seen as a bit of a google tells me that (amongst other things, obviously) I'd make a good scientist... [Disappointed]

We shall see...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
INTJ by any chance?
Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Close - ISTJ.

AG

--------------------

Hazey*Jane

Ship's Biscuit Crumbs
# 8754

- Posted      Profile for Hazey*Jane   Email Hazey*Jane   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, there are a lot of I(S/N)TJs in science/academia. Not sure if that proves anything. It's probably worth having a look at types that you are not, as it can be an eye opener to why other people do things the way they do.
Posts: 4266 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Ho hum.

Another failure to get an interview outside the university pale and I only found out as I know someone there. It's not even playing a numbers game because there's so little out there that seems worth a go at.

Buggeringfucktwats!

AG

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Agghh - son who had a (temp) post he was enjoying has just found out the contract is being cut short due to re-organisation. I'd hoped this would be hte job where after having had his contract renewed he could then look round for a job he really wanted at his leisure.
As he's dyslexic and I'm a librarian I help with preliminary job searching, cover letter tweaking etc.
Most of the job nowdays seems to be in agency recruiting other people to jobs.......

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

- Posted      Profile for daisydaisy   Email daisydaisy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heard today that the selection process for the job I applied for begins in July or August. This will be a loooong wait.
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Oh FFS, that's taking the piss!

AG

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Actually that's probably an over-reaction, but nonetheless it must be very aggravating.

I once got a job with a company who (through a series of cock-ups and just plain didn't do anythings) took six months from interview to start date. Then got upset when I handed in my notice first thing on my start date and took another contract elsewhere. They'd utterly lost my confidence.

AG

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had an interview yesterday! It's only for a relief position, so not a job as such, but might be an "in" to a proper job. They were interviewing 15 people for 2 relief posts, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but the interview felt positive.

But - a question. The day before the interview I went to the hairdresser for a wash /cut/ blow dry, so I looked presentable but I'm wondering if I need to do more - my hair is its natural colour (light brown), with some grey coming through. I'd say 85% natural, 15% grey. Is going grey an issue? Do I need to start colouring it to get rid of the greys?

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

I hope not because mine is 99% white. I think it's the overall impression that matters - are you smart and professional looking, regardless of whether your hair is brown, salt & pepper, white or pink.
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisydaisy:
I hope not because mine is 99% white. I think it's the overall impression that matters - are you smart and professional looking, regardless of whether your hair is brown, salt & pepper, white or pink.

Bugger that. The number of times I've been taken for a ride (or someone's tried to take me for a ride) and they've been smart and professional looking... I really don't know why so much stock is placed in it, really I don't. Makes no sense to me.

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

Sandemaniac, I think my patience has been developed from my experience of trying the recruit people while with my last employer (a humungous concern) where it could take months between each of the many stages of the application/interview/on boarding process, only to find at the final hurdle that the funding for the posts had been withdrawn.
This time it's a small family run business so I have more hope in their process being more decisive - at least they've not rejected my application already.

daisydaisy
Shipmate
# 12167

quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

Bugger that. The number of times I've been taken for a ride (or someone's tried to take me for a ride) and they've been smart and professional looking... I really don't know why so much stock is placed in it, really I don't. Makes no sense to me.
Maybe this demonstrates that first impressions really do matter. I was once on an interview panel where we saw someone who was in scruffy jeans and a holey t shirt, obviously in need of a wash. Turned out that he'd flown in especially for the interview and the flight was so delayed that he'd rushed straight from the airport with no time to collect his luggage or get something new to wear (story verified to be true) - it took a lot of vision to see that this technically capable and sociable man should be taken on, and most people on the panel couldn't get past this first impression so the company lost out.
Karl: Liberal Backslider
Shipmate
# 76

- Posted      Profile for Karl: Liberal Backslider   Author's homepage   Email Karl: Liberal Backslider   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Karl: Liberal Backslider:
quote:

Maybe this demonstrates that first impressions really do matter. I was once on an interview panel where we saw someone who was in scruffy jeans and a holey t shirt, obviously in need of a wash. Turned out that he'd flown in especially for the interview and the flight was so delayed that he'd rushed straight from the airport with no time to collect his luggage or get something new to wear (story verified to be true) - it took a lot of vision to see that this technically capable and sociable man should be taken on, and most people on the panel couldn't get past this first impression so the company lost out.
Oh, they matter. They shouldn't. I'm not currently in a very obliging mood [Biased]

It does irk me, though, that people entrusted with this sort of recruitment (and other) responsibility are so shallow as to be unable to see past initial appearances, especially when the circumstances are made clear. What are they thinking?

--------------------
Might as well ask the bloody cat.

Posts: 17938 | From: Chesterfield | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I'm smart - yesterday I wore a black and white striped dress, black jacket, black tights, black court shoes. The shoes are ancient, but rarely worn, as they're primarily my "funeral" shoes. I gave them a quick buff up in advance.

I don't dress as smartly as I did when I was working as a solicitor. The firm I worked for then had a strict dress code, which required not only looking smart, but expensively smart - Jaeger blouses sort of thing. I've outgrown all those clothes, and they all had power-dressing shoulder pads, so even if they fitted they'd look ridiculous now.

I just wonder if I should be aiming to look ... I don't know... younger? More polished? Stud earrings were de rigeur when I was working as a solicitor, but I stopped wearing earrings twenty years ago.

Caissa
Shipmate
# 16710

- Posted      Profile for Caissa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When I am on hiring committees, I am constantly reevaluating my impression throughout the session. That said, my first impression of a candidate has usually borne out.
Posts: 972 | From: Saint John, N.B. | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always made a point of wearing something in which I feel smart, but reasonably comfortable, for job interviews. For a few years in the late 1980s I had a black pinafore and white shirt combo which I regarded as my "lucky interview outfit".

It saw me through the interviews for my last job in Orkney (which I had for about 18 months) and my first two in Belfast (the first for a temping job, and the second for a permanent one in the same place).

As for haircuts/colouring, I do that roughly every 2 months; if it was becoming due, I'd probably bring the appointment forward if I had an interview in the offing.

I know that looks shouldn't matter, but I think it's worth putting in a bit of effort to make a good impression. I'm never going to be elegant (my body shape is more towards the "cuddly" end of the spectrum), but I like to look as if I've tried ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The advice I got years ago was, "Dress in whatever would be considered proper work attire, and then make it just slightly more dressy."

i once asked a friend of mine who worked crew at a public access TV station what she wore to her interview-- she was given to wearng denim and leather. She said she'd worn black denim jeans, a smart leather jacket, and well polished work boots-- basically looking like she was ready to dive into the job, only spiffed up.

It occurs to me that is a very blue collar story, but I imagine the same applies for office work--dress like you are ready to start work that day, but as it happens the day you start work is the day they are taking badge photos.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Oh joy. I've just been told I have six months money left for my contract. Much as I loathe it, it pays the bills.

Will we ever get a house?

AG

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm sorry to hear that Sandimaniac. What is it with science jobs and short term contracts? Is it just the way the whole of work is going nowadays or is it peculiar to the sector?

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I worked in the Local Authority sector most of my career and towards the end it was definitely heading down the short-term contract road and is even further down that road now.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

I don't know how it fits with other sectors as I've never worked in them, but the entire science system is based around short-term funding, maybe five years at most (and I've been on contracts as short as three months), so a huge amount of time and ink is spent on applying for funding from grant bodies.

Frankly, it's a disaster area - stuff like Perutz's work on myoglobin, which sowed the seeds of modern structural biology, would never be allowed to happen these days if you couldn't get a result within three (or five) years, as first on the scene it took Perutz the best part of twenty.

I s'pose at least I have six months, but it took 22 the last time, and I ended up in a job that has crushed my soul.

AG

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Very true, Sandemaniac - my job and those of all my colleagues are dependent on the vast amount of ink expended on grant applications. My first contract was for two years, extended by another, then several three- and six-month ones, and (hurrah!) my current one is until the end of 2016, for which I'm immeasurably grateful.

Although I'm at the clerical end of the team, what my boss and my colleagues do is life-saving stuff*, a fact that D. is always very proud to point out if he's telling anyone about what I do. [Smile]

* as is a huge part of scientific research

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

...and we're currently trying to get Celtic Knotweed into one as well. If I didn't hate it so much, it's be the perfect safe career option...

AG

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ho hum (and sorry Sandemaniac) having been pretty useless at doing any job hunting, mostly because I've been so manically busy at work and half term, when I was supposed to be catching up, I collapsed in a weepy heap when I got home from Guide Camp (wasn't kidding about burning out fast), I was offered a job yesterday. I am not sure I want it, but it does feel as if it's worth applying for other things.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
((Curiosity killed ... )) I know that feeling of collapsing as soon as you're not in the workplace.

As Sandemaniac mentioned, I've just been putting an application together. Despite being fortunate enough to have a permanent contract where I am, I need to get out of there. On the good side, my sis-in-law has been helping with the application, and reminded me that I can do stuff! Now I have to wait and see if they like what I wrote. *twiddles thumbs impatiently*

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

Good luck with the application CK.
Son has a telephone interview tomorrow for a job, that on paper, looks a bit of a stretch for him. However I've seen enough job descriptions in my time to catch a whiff of 'bigging up' the actual work involved. It would do his confidence no end of good to get through to a face to face interview.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Sarasa. I hope the son's telephone interview went well.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Had another interview today. With the hiring manager and her boss. Nothing about the job was different to what was implied in the job desc. It's in a new department so they can shape jobs a bit to suit. So it might still be a good match.

Feeling quite good about it. Current contract finishes in 2 weeks.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

Son's telephone interview didn't go well, he finds it very difficult to answer questions about wishy-washy concepts such as 'motivation'. Also the job wasn't a lab role but one checking other people's work, not a good fit for a dyslexic. There is a sniff of something that sounds better on the horizon, so fingers crossed.
Hope other people's applications, interviews etc go well, and that you hear positive news about your interview Mr Curly.

--------------------

Scots lass
Shipmate
# 2699

- Posted      Profile for Scots lass   Email Scots lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got nothing from the interview a few weeks back - not even any feedback (and I have asked). What's bothering me at the moment is the lack of jobs to apply for! I'm not looking to move up so much as across, a similar (less soul-destroying) job in a different bit of the sector ideally so I can broaden my experience a bit. There's just nothing coming up.

I've now been an archivist for 10 years and I don't really know what else I could do, or even if I really want to do something else. If I was in a different job I think I'd go back to loving it, but I think I'm going to have to work out a way of quietly killing off people who have good jobs in order to stir up the job market a bit...

Posts: 863 | From: the diaspora | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

You're not the first person to think of the Kind Hearts and Coronets approach and, sadly, I doubt you're the last either.

AG

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Killing me]
quote:
I shot an arrow in the air
She fell to earth in Berkeley Square

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Interesting...

Now I know what and when the task at hand is (getting the fuck out within six months), I feel quite empowered. I wonder how long that will last until I reach the wall-banging stage again?

AG

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Long may your empowerment last, Sandemaniac - whatever opportunity comes your way, go for it! [Smile]

--------------------

Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ho hum, didn't get short-listed. Feedback on the application has been requested. Next step, check the job sites again...

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Likewise (he says from about six feet behind the Knotweed). Finally, ten working days after I was told there was no money, admin have been in touch and told me they may have misinformed me... It's not necessarily a redundancy issue (though frankly my ideal situation is to find something externally in January, so I can screw the bastards for 16 years worth of redundancy) after all. Thanks, love. So I've sent a somewhat sarcastic reply pointing out that while they've been incommunicado I've been applying for jobs (nearly true). I realise that it's bad form to wind up the staff who do stuff for you, but I have absolutely no confidence in this lot whatsoever.

AG

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

...and the first real application has gone off. Judging by the other applications I've sent there it will disappear without trace, which is particularly frustrating as it's somewhere that I keep getting told is a great place to work, always expanding and recruiting, blahdeblahdeblahblahblah.

I fear they are looking for people with considerably fewer miles on the clock...

AG

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

Son has an interview tomorrow for a job that sounds a really good fit for him. I really hope he manages to land it, because if it is all it is cracked up to be it could be the start of a proper career.
The telephone interview last week apparently went better that he thought, but he told the recruiter he didn't think ti was for him. However there might be more lab based roles coming up so another bit of goodish news for him.
Good luck to everyone putting in applications at the moment. I'm so glad it's something I'm unlikly ever to ahev to do again!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Best of luck to him, Sarasa, and to all in the application process. [Votive]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Hope that your son gets this interview Sarasa

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
Hope other people's applications, interviews etc go well, and that you hear positive news about your interview Mr Curly.

Not expecting to hear anything until next week, but on another good note, a recruitment person got back to me today saying that a resume that I sent in a few weeks ago (which I'd forgotten about) had hit the spot with someone and I'll get an interview next week. A bit of a surprise given what I now about the company, but I'm happy to find out more!

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

Very best of luck to Sarasa's son and to Mr Curly for their respective interviews. We need some good news here!

AG

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

LinkedIn's current suggestions for jobs which might suit me:

Offshore electrical technician
Offshore adhoc rigger
Offshore pipefitter
Welder

Apart from location (North East Scotland; didn't think I needed to specify the dry land bit of it) in what way do those match my criteria of jobs in the heritage / education / arts / non profits sectors?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  28  29  30 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016