homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just passed 6000. This also means that I've reached page 7 of the Directory. But I have some people on my tail, notably quetzalcoatl and no prophet's flag is set so...

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I reckon this one should be 11911, which has a pleasing symmetry about it. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having thought "I must keep an eye open for No. 12,000", I appear to have whizzed past it ...

Piglet, talking b*ll*cks since September 2006. [Big Grin]

eta: at number 12021, this one has quite a pleasing symmetry to it as well.

[ 16. December 2014, 02:48: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reached 5000 this morning.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Goodness gracious me.
Past 10K and did not even notice.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Coming up to 1,000 posts. Seem to have increased rapidity once I got the hang of some of the Circus games. Not quite on the scale of some here but it feels like going from 3 to 4 digits is a yardstick (not a milestone - that'd be from 4 to 5).

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There's nothing quite like joining in a few Circus games to notch up your post-count - by my reckoning this one should be 12345, which is nice and sequential.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This should be my 1,000 post. I don't know how some people manage to post so much and have a life outside the Ship. I seem to spend a lot of my time on board....

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Sarasa:
... I don't know how some people manage to post so much ...

In some cases by posting a load of tosh ... [Hot and Hormonal]

Congratulations on your first K. [Smile]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My current post count is nothing special, but I just found out that I surpassed Wesley J. I only mention this because I like Wesley J. I'm on page 7 of the index right now, in rather illustruous company.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Barefoot Friar

Ship's Shoeless Brother
# 13100

- Posted      Profile for Barefoot Friar   Email Barefoot Friar   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
According to my calculations, this ought to be Post 1500! Woooo!

--------------------
Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. -- Desmond Tutu

Posts: 1621 | From: Warrior Mountains | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've been an annoyance shipboard for 5 years and 6600 posts.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is 7,500. I don't post nearly as much as I used to.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

This should be 13,000. Crikey. [Eek!]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I reached the milestone of 30,000 earlier this month!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sir K., you make my 13,000 pale into insignificance. [Overused]

--------------------

Light User
Apprentice
# 14254

- Posted      Profile for Light User   Email Light User   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm typing this just to check what my post count actually is.

*scuttles off back in to the shadows*

--------------------
Vita brevis, ars longa

Posts: 49 | From: Devon | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kevin:
I reached the milestone of 30,000 earlier this month!

Congrats! And I just reached 20,000 while I wasn't looking. [Cool]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Light User:
I'm typing this just to check what my post count actually is.

*scuttles off back in to the shadows*

You came aboard at about the same time as me Light User.

I am heading towards 10,000! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

6666. The Beast overdid it a bit.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
6666. The Beast overdid it a bit.

Perhaps it's a great big beast ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm on the Ship most days but don't always have anything to add to these discussions which are stimulating/ balm to my soul in equal measure.

Hence the fact that this is only post number 500 in two years of being on board.....

But I love it here, so thanks to you all!

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Here's to your next 500, Mrs. B! [Smile]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

By my calculations, this should be 14,000.

verbose piglet

[Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think this should be 300. Nothing in comparison to most people on this thread but seemed like a nice round number.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i have been a Shipmate since God was a boy/girl/both, and still it's taken me this long to reach 9,000 posts!

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just reached 3,000 posts (on another thread), which is an average of almost precisely a post a day. Neat.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This will be post 6666. Is that better or worse than 666?
[Biased]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's bigger ... [Big Grin]

Good on you! [Smile]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

7,000 (once again, quetzalcoatl got here just before me)

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Are you two having a competition? [Big Grin]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

No not really, but we've been changing places a lot of times recently.

No prophet on the other hand has overtaken me some weeks ago, and is way ahead of me already.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sometimes it only takes for you to start playing one of the games in the Circus, and your post-count shoots up. [Smile]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

True. I'm only rarely in the Circus and when I am, it's mostly on the FLP thread.

I'm not a post count fetishist, but I like to proclaim it here whenever I've hit a round number. What I do like to do sometimes, is to check on which page I am in the directory. I'm on page 6 at the moment, in the company of some very illustrious people.

I wonder how high I can go. I'll never overtake mousethief of course; I think my limit will be somewhere around page 5 or 4.

Anyway, I'll be travelling for the next three weeks, and I don't know how much I'll be able to post.

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
11566 is not a significant number,* but I like my title for this thread.

*Other than being too many by a significant margin.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I believe this is post number 16,000 for me! Only took a bit over fourteen years. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations JJ! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nothing at all to do with numbers but I realised that last month I had been aboard for 10 years!

...and no time off for good behaviour!

...or possibly no good behaviour [Waterworks]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Nothing at all to do with numbers but I realised that last month I had been aboard for 10 years!

...and no time off for good behaviour!

...or possibly no good behaviour [Waterworks]

Seeing that I am two numbers in front of you, and was instrumental in your arrival on the Ship, I have just had an OMG moment.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Wodders dear, if you ever show signs of good behaviour, we'll start to worry about you. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just passed 17777 ... just had a nice kind of shape to it.

However I fear I'm slowing down in my old age, and if I'm still there will soon be knocked off Page One.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Yup ... bloody Doublethink. has just sped past me [Waterworks] and Comet's around my nether regions [Eek!] )

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First page!?!????!!!

I really DO need to get a life. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Two face]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Zappa: and Comet's around my nether regions [Eek!]
Haven't seen her in a while.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She's busy keep folk entertained in the frozen tundra. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

7500 is a nice number.

--------------------

Bob Two-Owls
Shipmate
# 9680

- Posted      Profile for Bob Two-Owls         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might as well mark the significance of my post count - 1234.

Not bad for ten years, I am probably a lot more talkative here than in the flesh.

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
First page!?!????!!!

I really DO need to get a life. [Hot and Hormonal]

Better than being on Page 3. I swear I've kept my top on.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It feels like I've been on something of an odyssey to get to this many. [Razz]

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016