homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Four sevens in a row.

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

Posts: 9474 | From: Brazil / Africa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is getting scary - by my reckoning this should be number 15,000.

Piglet, talking complete nonsense since 2006

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just past 12,000. Piglet, your count might be higher, but your post rate is lower than mine, and your content superior. So you'll not take my crown as the Monarch of Malarkey just yet.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
... your content superior ...

You're too kind. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I find that having watched 9000 approach I have now passed it.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:

For reasons which are numerically completely illogical, that has given me this as an earworm.

And now I've given it to you ... [Devil]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And with this post [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] I have made 20,000 very boring posts.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations, Uncle P. - and no, they haven't been boring at all. [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...or only 19,999 of them!

[Two face]

Congratulations, young sir.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

- Posted      Profile for LeRoc     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
I know why God made the rhinoceros, it's because He couldn't see the rhinoceros, so He made the rhinoceros to be able to see it. (Clarice Lispector)

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
12221 I like the symmetry.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
lilBuddha: 12221 I like the symmetry.
124 to go for another nice number.

--------------------

Og, King of Bashan

Ship's giant Amorite
# 9562

- Posted      Profile for Og, King of Bashan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miraculously noticed that I was one away from halfway to 5000 on my last post.

--------------------
"I like to eat crawfish and drink beer. That's despair?" ― Walker Percy

Posts: 3259 | From: Denver, Colorado, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, well , well. I seem to have made a 1000 posts! Not sure how many of them actually held something significant...

However I have read many more posts than I have written in my time here, and many others have written things which have significantly impacted my thinking on a whole range of issues. Or made me laugh. Or sometimes both! So many thanks to all! [Overused]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Here's to your next thousand, Lucia! [Smile]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

It is amazing at the low numbers of some of posters who feature prominently in my mental image of the Ship.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
High posts normally means they satisfy at least two of four conditions
  • been a host at some stage including on private boards
  • played games in the circus extensively
  • organised something on the ship
  • been around for a long time

Firstly none of these reflect the quality of their posting. Secondly, those who have been around a long time nearly always had a more profligate pattern of posting in the past.

Jengie

[ 02. February 2016, 18:10: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

I think you greatly underestimate the number of those of us who simply cannot shut up. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] [Two face]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Killing me]

Jengie has a point though: I know my posting has increased rapidly since I've been a Host (reading threads that I might not otherwise have, and sometimes finding I've got something to say); and a few rounds of Mornington Crescent will fairly rack up one's post-count.

Keep it up, I say - the more the merrier! [Smile]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My post count racked up organising things a few years back. (Fitness Race, three years of the Secret Santa)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'm just my usual shy, unassuming self with hardly a word to say to anyone.

[Angel]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
My post count racked up organising things a few years back. (Fitness Race, three years of the Secret Santa)

It will soon be "12345."
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
It will soon be "12345." [Big Grin]

That's given me another earworm.

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Pigwidgeon: It will soon be "12345."
[Big Grin]

lilBuddha is close to that number too.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
It will soon be "12345." [Big Grin]

That's given me another earworm.
Erm, thanks for sharing - but not a lot!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suspect lilBuddha will get there first - and she arrived years after me. (We're both on page 3 which is embarrassing). And I had noticed that 12345 was close, but I'll forget and miss it, as I have for all the other milestone posts.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
I suspect lilBuddha will get there first - and she arrived years after me. (We're both on page 3 which is embarrassing). And I had noticed that 12345 was close, but I'll forget and miss it, as I have for all the other milestone posts.

And damn it to hell, I could not shut my mouth for long enough to mark when it occurred for me. The next significant number is frustratingly distant.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
lilBuddha: The next significant number is frustratingly distant.
12,500 looks nice.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
And damn it to hell, I could not shut my mouth for long enough to mark when it occurred for me...

Just like when the odometer in your car is about to flip over to some significant number and you totally forget to watch at the right time.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

quote:
Pigwidgeon: Just like when the odometer in your car is about to flip over to some significant number and you totally forget to watch at the right time.
At one time, I seriously considered reversing [Smile]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
quote:
And damn it to hell, I could not shut my mouth for long enough to mark when it occurred for me...

Just like when the odometer in your car is about to flip over to some significant number and you totally forget to watch at the right time.
Literally gives me a minor headache when missing a milestone.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
quote:
Pigwidgeon: Just like when the odometer in your car is about to flip over to some significant number and you totally forget to watch at the right time.
At one time, I seriously considered reversing [Smile]
Doesn't work. Just watch Ferris Bueller. [Biased]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, just noticed my last post was 43999 so I think this may well be 44,000!

...and every one a gem!

...or something.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Diamonds, every one! [Overused]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

OK, some weeks later, this should be post 12345

(and yay, I've managed to pay attention for long enough to do this)

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
OK, some weeks later, this should be post 12345

(and yay, I've managed to pay attention for long enough to do this)

wooooooo!!

I have a screen shot for you to help you celebrate!

I am heading rapidly for 11111 [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caught it!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well done ma'am.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You totally should make that your Christmas card,. The preview was awesome.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

LOL, passed 9,000 without noticing.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It must have been yesterday that I missed passing 44444 - it would have been fun to spot it but...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've just noticed that I'd whizzed past 16,000 without noticing. I noticed when I was at 15,99something, but must have got carried away. [Big Grin]

--------------------

LeRoc

Famous Dutch pirate
# 3216

No significant number, but I just got onto Page 4 of the Directory. (I had to overtake cliffdweller to do it; sorry [Smile] )

--------------------

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All the 1's. Well, all 5 of them - others are working on 6.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This is post #6666. Only took me 12 years. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And with this, 18,000.

Slowing down the drivel/dribble these days though. Doubt I'll ever crack 20,000.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7777. Quadruple perfection for those who go by the symbolism of biblical numbers.

Hardly.

Like some other Shipmates, I posted almost nothing for several years after coming on board.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This should be 30,000.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016