homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Pale Skin and Rickets, the Post Count Thread
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was indeed, AC - congratulations! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

[Big Grin]

I actually remembered to post something, which has amazed me, usually I just seem to sail on by.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WW - [Overused] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

By my reckoning, this should be number 17,000.

Nearly ten years of meaningless witterment ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, ma'am!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just passed 6000.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good on you, NEQ! [Smile]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I keep missing significant numbers to my great annoyance. I finally noticed and it is amazing how the calm it engenders.
This should be

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and I think this should mark 46,000 - with Mousethief still heading off into the distance!

My parents (and various teachers) often commented upon my capacity for waffle, an ability I have never lost!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Long may you waffle, WW! [Overused]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WW, that is an admirable skill! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dammit, I just missed 13579. I need to stop looking at my post count.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Bwahahahahahaha!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Devil]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just noticed that my last post was number 17,000. Heavens above!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Good on you, JJ! [Smile]

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This post should prove that I desperately need a life.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

You have one more than Sir K, but you don't appear on the list.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I guess it's another one of the charming little quirks in the software.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The list has now updated -- congratulations!

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to have just made the 10,000 post in Ecclesiantics.

Not my 10,000 post there. The 10,000th post.

Well done us.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

This post is 14142, but merely noticing the palindromic glory of 14141 in my post count was such a soothing balm as to be comical.
And it is an additive prime as well.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Small pleasures. But these days, one takes what one can get.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I can quite understand that, LB. I realised a wee while ago that I'd gone haring past 18,000 without noticing.

Posting too much, moi? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sunscreen needed on that pale skin. Bump

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I can quite understand that, LB. I realised a wee while ago that I'd gone haring past 18,000 without noticing.

And pushed me off the first page [Mad]

( [Axe murder] )

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
quote:

And pushed me off the first page [Mad]

( [Axe murder] )

Since Doubthink is, regrettably, no longer posting, you will soon be back on the first page.
Given the rest of the crew and passengers on the first page, I think I shall be spared the ignominy of moving there. Page 2 is bad enough.

tangent/ Not sure how the posting 120 sec delay is monitored. mousethief must have special dispensation. Or, perhaps, multiple browsers under different IPs. Or something.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
... And pushed me off the first page [Mad]

( [Axe murder] )

Good heavens, so I did! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Since Doubthink is, regrettably, no longer posting, you will soon be back on the first page.

I was happy to see that she did post a couple of times this past weekend. I hope that means she'll be back with us more often.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Dafyd
Shipmate
# 5549

- Posted      Profile for Dafyd   Email Dafyd   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've just noticed that I'm in five figures.

I'd noticed I was coming up but I missed the actual post.

--------------------
we remain, thanks to original sin, much in love with talking about, rather than with, one another. Rowan Williams

Posts: 10567 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
I've just noticed that I'm in five figures.

I'd noticed I was coming up but I missed the actual post.

Much like watching the odometer on your car. The second you look away it turns over.

--------------------
~Tortuf

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Noticed I missed 15651. I've missed loads, but anticipated that one and blew right past it.
I occasionally check my posting rate and decided to compare it to a truly prolific poster. I almost had a heart attack when his total number and rate was the same as mine. Then I realised I had too many windows open and took the figures from the wrong one.
My still too high rate is half of his.
There have been small bursts, but my overall rate is 5 a day.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Congratulations, Amanda B. Reckondwythe -- I notice you just passed 10,000.

--------------------
~Tortuf

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

Oh 16016, Where Art Thou?

Bugger it, one post before this one.

[brick wall] Two posts before this one. Stupid slow updating post count

[ 20. July 2017, 17:29: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just hit 20,000. It took me six years to get to 10,000, and it's taken me ten years to get to the next 10,000.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

By my calculations, this should be 19,000. Goodness, how did I get there? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

Just missed it, I knew I would!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
After 9 years on the ship, I just passed the 1000-post mark!

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bumping this up in the realisation that I am unlikely to reach the magic 10,000 before the current Ship reaches its final destination.

Considering I've been here since ... oh, since God was a boy - I think I've been remarkably restrained, don't you?

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't even know where to look for my post count number.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
I don't even know where to look for my post count number.

I’m the bottom left of your last post, right above the red Logged, it says Posts: 5831. That is your post count number. At least at the time of this writing.
Don’t look at mine, it is far too high. I’m just glad it doesn’t say Relevant Posts...

[ 15. December 2017, 13:57: Message edited by: lilBuddha ]

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'd been looking forward to 20,000 (what a full and active life I have!), but I don't think even at my most verbose I'd make it before the re-launch.

Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

We shall all be equal, if for but a moment.
Anyone care to run a book on how many posts mousethief will have made before the new Ship finishes her shakedown cruise?
I'm betting a four digit count before the drydock fills enough to float her keel...

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good grief I never realized the system was keeping tabs on me like that!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'd been looking forward to 20,000 (what a full and active life I have!), but I don't think even at my most verbose I'd make it before the re-launch.

Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ... [Big Grin]

Oh go on!

Then take a screen shot of the amayzing 20,000 to frame.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And 20,000 posts (the crucial one on prayer thread).

I talk a lot.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
... Maybe I should start playing all the games in the Circus - that doesn't half rack up your post-count ...

Oh go on!

Challenge accepted!

This should be 20,000. . [Yipee]

[ 08. January 2018, 04:27: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe I can make it to 15,000 before the relaunch. Or not.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm just picturing a weary Piglet, staying up all night, with aching trotter pressing the 'Add Reply' button just one more time.....

.....and then collapsing, and having to be revived with GIN.

[Big Grin]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just wanna say how really, really, sorry I am, Lord, to just have used the word 'just' twice in one sentence, but I just really, really wanna get to my 10000 posts soon, before the Lord comes again, or the new Ship gets launched...

Ay-Men.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016