homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Significant Dates (Page 10)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Significant Dates
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Talking of birthdays, it's my Better Half's birthday today, so I'll wish him a further happy birthday although he's not really on the Ship much these days.
[Axe murder]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday wishes for you, David.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday indeed Mr Organist, Sir.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
My Mama is 81 years old today! My sister is here and she and I and my Daddy-O are going to celebrate! I'm very grateful to be one of the few of my generation to still have both parents.
[Axe murder]

Yes you are, Mother barely made it to eighty and Dad almost saw 83. I am praying for ninety!

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Almost forgot - it's still St Lucia Day here. We don't celebrate it any more, but cherish a fond memory of a great party at Provost Ross's House in Aberdeen with the Scandinavian Society, many, many years ago.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I've made it to half a century today. They say if you haven't grown up by 50 you don't have to, so that's a relief.

Given that Hugal and I have had such wonderful times (sometimes with Shipmates!) in some of the Disney parks, it's interesting that I was born the day after Walt Disney died.

--------------------
*sigh* We can’t all be Alan Cresswell.

- Lyda Rose

Posts: 9313 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday, Gill! I have enjoyed meeting with you and Hugal and hope to see you again soon!!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Birthday you youngster, you!

I hope you have a great day.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
74 tomorrow! As my mum puts it, I've been living on borrowed time for 4 years. But she's been living on borrowed time for 27 years ...

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy birthday to you. And many more as one of our former Orthodox posters would say. Former posters that is.

Have a great day.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many happy returns to Gill H. and to B62 - hope you both have/had wonderful birthdays. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Happy Birthday B62! Have a great day.

Today is also International Migrants Day , which has all sorts of connotations these day.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
HB2U, MtM!!! MTFBWY!!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Many happy returns, Marvin! [Smile]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
[Big Grin]

I guess it's time for this again!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Santa Claus comes tonight!

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
50 years married to Mr Image. He is a Saint. [Axe murder]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Congratulations! That is quite an achievement.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Graven and Mr. Image - Wodders is quite right! [Overused]

[ 02. January 2017, 17:16: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
30 years ago today, I lost one of my best friends, a former roommate, and co-worker. Friendships don't stop because someone has died, but death stalls the life of the deceased at the age they died. He's forever young, even as I am old. We'll raise a glass to Angus today.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

RIP Angus. [Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Today my eldest grandchild came of age. Happy birthday,A. Eighteen today.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Happy Birthday indeed!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Many happy returns, A! [Smile]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Twelve Days are over, and it's now the Feast of the Epiphany.

My wreath and Christmas cards have been taken down. I probably won't get to my tree until tomorrow. However, my Nativity set will stay up a bit longer, since the Wise Men are part of it.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
... my Nativity set will stay up a bit longer ...

Our Nativity set, along with the candle-bridges, would stay up until Candlemas.

--------------------

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tree and decorations are scheduled to come down tomorrow. I hate it. It always depresses me. I suspect copious amounts of bourbon will be assaulting my liver tomorrow.

Although, this year, I have to agree that the tree is doing a fine job of taking itself down. I may as well finish the job. It will be bare of needles in another week anyway.

I do leave a string of Christmas lights up in the bedroom until about March or so. It gets me through the long dark nights.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I know what you mean, Hedgehog. I've always hated when the decorations come down - the place always looks so bare and cold.

Oh well, I suppose the days are getting longer ...

--------------------

Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

In New Hampshire I learned the saying, 'When the days begin to lengthen, the cold begins to strengthen.'

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That was one of my dad's weather mantras; it was often true for the weather in Orkney, which would usually be much more interesting in January than it had been in December. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

In New Hampshire I learned the saying, 'When the days begin to lengthen, the cold begins to strengthen.'

Moo

I hadn't heard that one - it's good, and it certainly applies around here too. We have the predictable annual phenomenon of the sudden mid-winter thaw about the turn of the year, and within a week or two, as the days get longer, winter's teeth really begin to bite. Except for this week, as the weather gods have arranged for rain on top of the ice. This was not kind of them.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Feast of the Ass to one and all. Plus it is my 21st birthday, but not for the first time.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Happy birthday, balaam! Congratulations on catching back up with me! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Many happy returns, Balaam, to you and all asses ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Happy birthday Balaam. Many more 21st to you.

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy! Happy!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

January 20, 2017: Donald Trump will be inaugurated as President of the United States.

75 years earlier, on January 20, 1942, the Wannsee Conference was held where the Nazis decided on their "final solution" of "the Jewish question."

But that is probably just a coincidence.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

A happy event in my family. My parents had their 64th anniversary yesterday! Not only am I blessed that I still have my parents and they live less than a mile from me, but that they have continued as a team after all these years! [Yipee] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mazel tov, Judy!

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Jedi. [Smile]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

A year of being in remission from leukaemia for Miss M, my granddaughter [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Truly yay worthy! [Yipee]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That is indeed "yay-worthy" - long may Miss M. enjoy the best health possible.

[Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Seconded from here, too.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Yay, Miss M! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Happy Republic Day from those of us in Mother India (January 26)

National Anthem

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Hope you all have a wonderful day! [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks to Pete and Piglet, it is a good day so far and I have faith that that will continue.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

And also happy Australia Day to our chums Down Under. [Smile]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016