homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Want to lose some weight? (Page 11)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Want to lose some weight?
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Weighed myself this morning and discovered I have lost a fifth of the Excess Baggage.

Woohoo!

<checks previous messages in thread> Glad to hear Slimming World is working for you, Boogie, but I plan to stick with 5:2. I've done low-carb diets before and find them both less effective and harder to stick to than 5:2.

Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done you!

I wonder if the 5:2 would work for me - I'm far too fond of bread, rice, pasta and potatoes to be any use at low-carb diets.

Must do some investigating.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I found the 5:2 worked really well for me. I just need to find the motivation to start doing it again!

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jane R
Shipmate
# 331

- Posted      Profile for Jane R   Email Jane R   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's not suitable for everyone, Piglet. My daughter wouldn't be able to do it, for example - quite apart from the fact that it's unsuitable for children and teenagers, she'd be having migraines every fast day. It's not recommended for diabetics either.
Posts: 3958 | From: Jorvik | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A good result in Slimming World this morning - lost 4.5 lb, so have lost 1.5st since New Year. I was slimmer of the week and also won the "loss pot" draw and won a veg cutter which would have been very useful on Wednesday as we did a ratatouille to go with baked potatoes.
Our future daughter in law has PKU, intolerance to protein, so when she's with us, we eat vegitarean.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016