homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Want to lose some weight? (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Want to lose some weight?
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Boogie, when my doctor put me on new meds which lowered my blood sugar below what it should be I was tired, weak, grumpy and confused but I still didn't feel hungry.

Yes - I'm sure that will be it Huia, as I had sugar cravings the next day (which I gave in to by having two fig biscuits and a brownie!)

So I will have an extra apple mid evening on my next 'two day'. But I'll still go to bed early as well, as I like the idea [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jane R:
Lothlorien:
quote:
Well, a tangent, but your head is more important than your wallet.
Couldn't agree more - 'how much is your head worth?' is exactly what I said to my daughter when she was boggling at the cost of her new riding helmet.
In 1987, before helmets were compulsory here, my youngest brother suggested I wear one. I commented on the price and he said, "What's your brain worth?" Then, least he seem to be caring too much "Not a lot, but you've got to preserve the little you have".

Today I was planning to ride along the coastal trail, but we have severe wind warnings again so I will probably walk up Bridal Path Road, which is the path the early settlers walked from the port to Christchurch. It's the first stage in my plan to start hill walking as apart from the Port Hills, an extinct volcano crater, Christchurch is flat.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I finally called a halt yesterday (to my increasing weight [Eek!] ) I can't do the 5:2, as without regular nutrition I go a funny colour and fall over (oh, and get very grumpy also, cf. Boogie) but if I just stop eating all the biscuits, cake, crisps and ice-cream that should help [Hot and Hormonal]

I realised that I no longer walk regularly* as I did while at work, and the above food is just more easily available than when I would baulk at paying canteen prices!

*I still walk - we did about 4 miles yesterday - but it used to be a regular lunchtime activity and now I have lost that routine.

Mrs. S, ruing the day

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's great Mrs S!

Calling a halt is the start of a new journey!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wednesday and today I have done 1 set a day of 20 sit-ups - not much but a start. I also seem to have lost my appetite for the delicious cookies they make down the road. Long may both continue.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Komensky
Shipmate
# 8675

- Posted      Profile for Komensky   Email Komensky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had fantastic luck with the 5:2 diet and it suits my work/life schedule. For it to really work well, you need to stick to the calories and be sure you have an active life with at least one 30–45 minute intensive workout a week. I lost 40 lbs and am now at the bottom of my target-weight bracket for my height.

Good luck!

K.

--------------------
"The English are not very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them some idea of eternity." - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 1784 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posting primarily for encouragement and a slight humble brag. I have been an official Fat Bastard for many years. Two years ago I lost a chunk on 5:2, but then plateaued, mostly because I cheated.

This summer I and Mrs Snags got a grip and combined 5:2 with MyFitnessPal (calorie counting phone app). I am now officially, just, not overweight. Steady weight loss over 4+ months with minimal pain purely by eating less (and thus better) and exercising more.

The advantage of MFP is that it integrates with this like Endomondo, so if you do exercise you can "earn" more food as it works on net calories. On blow-out days the dog got some long walks.

The real encouragement here is that I'm lazy, I like bad things, and I have no self-control on beer, crisps and sweets. Yet I've lost about 3 stone and know it's perfectly sustainable now. I've still got a few lb to go to target, too, but not many. So it can be done, and often with only minimal adjustments.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, sir!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another one to say calorie balancing works. I have gone in the last eighteen months according to my BMI from borderline obese to the top end of normal weight range. Most of this has been through balancing activity against calories and most days running on a deficit.

I used Noom rather than MyfitnessPal but the same approach.

I would stress that with losing weight it is not diet or exercise but diet and exercise. Exercise has the nice effect of slowly upping your metabolism long term as well as you need more calories to support muscle than you do fat.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snags:
I've lost about 3 stone and know it's perfectly sustainable now.

That's fantastic, and very encouraging, thank you! I'm down to 203, so 10lb lost in all and pretty much on target. Need to get the exercise going though.
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I'm on another 'two day' today - so far so good. I find fruit teas better than black tea.

One of my favourite meals is home made burgers, guess what Mr Boogs is making for his tea? Gaaah! - that will be a test, for sure. Never mind, he's making enough so that we can have them tomorrow too [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

They always taste nicer the day after, Boogs.

--------------------

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr Boogs is a bad man [Smile]

I at least had the help that Mrs Snags was following the same regime, and is much, much better at obeying rules than me.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Adrienne

Remember build up the exercise slowly. Take on one thing at a time and make sure it is well established before adding the next. The first stage may well be to find how much you are actually doing. Get hold of some sort of movement sensor (e.g. pedometer or pedometer phone app).

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jengie, thank you, I will - I've started off with a few brisk walks, and starting NHS couch to 5k app next week. I'm not in any hurry!

A

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Adrienne. [Overused]

While I was at the Medical Centre today I asked the nurse to weigh me and I've lost another Kg [Yipee] This was a relief as I had slipped a bit, both in healthy eating and exercise, so I celebrated by buying some (more [Hot and Hormonal] ) fancy bath salts and walking for an hour today.

Walking, cycling and some Swiss Ball work are definitely my favourite exercises. When I need more intensity I'll do some hill walks. I really don't think I'm the right physical build for a runner, and now my knees and ankles would be at risk. I did try skipping as I was told it was kinder to the joints than running, but my ankles said "NO!" (well screamed would be more accurate).

It's so good at this time of year because tomatoes all the leafy veges and are coming into season - it makes healthy eating cheaper and more enjoyable.

Huia

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Well done Huia!

I have taken on Jengie jon's suggestion and I am trying to up my activity in simple ways.

My first is to vigorously clean the bathroom windows and shower screen after every shower/bath.

The second is to use the upstairs loo instead of the downstairs one.

Any more simple ideas for upping movement gratefully received. (My name is Inertia - I am very slow to get moving but keep going well once started)

Yesterday, my third 'two day' I had the same yukkness at 9pm and went straight to bed. Slept to 7am and woke up feeling marvellous and full of vim and verve!

[Yipee]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The old greeting card said:.

Want to lose 10 ugly pounds? Cut off your head!

Not to be given to your mother.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

Not as good as house cleaning because it has no point but to keep myself moving while preparing for a viva every hour or so I would walk up and down stairs five times. If you want more try doing it quickly.

Jengie

--------------------

Back to my blog

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another mild thought is to keep all food and water in another room than the one you spend all your time in. If you have to get up for every drink or snack it has to help.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
crunt
Shipmate
# 1321

- Posted      Profile for crunt   Author's homepage   Email crunt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Another mild thought is to keep all food and water in another room than the one you spend all your time in. If you have to get up for every drink or snack it has to help.

So true!
I used to use my kitchen as my living room, with my computer set up on the kitchen table, and the fridge behind me. I moved out from the kitchen into my study room because cooking oils were greasing up my computer.
I've been ensconced in the study for a couple of years now and my computer is cleaner - but I am also 5 kg lighter as getting drinks etc requires getting up and walking to another room, so more often than not I just don't bother.

--------------------
QUIZ: Bible
QUIZ: world religions
LTL Discussion
languagespider.com

Posts: 269 | From: Up country in the middle of Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
However, it is worth always sitting with a glass of water by your workplace, computer, etc. You will drink, without thinking about it. And water intake is always good.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

One of the hints from a magazine 'kick start' programme suggested reorganising your fridge so that healthy food was easiest to see when you open it. I have swapped the celery and carrots up to the main part of the fridge and the bread into the vege bin. Each day I put my handful of almonds into a small container in my backpack and put the bag of almonds back in the fridge, that way I limit myself from munching too many almonds (which I know are good for me in moderation).

One of the blokes at church lost a noticeable amount of weight due to architecture [Eek!] The house he and his wife moved into after the quakes was open plan, so when he did the dishes after the evening meal he could no longer quietly grab leftovers to nibble as he had been in the habit of doing.

Huia - munching a carrot as I write [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A cold then a tummy bug then being given a meal far bigger than I really wanted but foolishly eating it all so another minor complaint from my digestive system and I have managed to lose 4 kgs in 4-6 days!

Not recommended as the ideal way to go and I imagine I could easily just pile it back on again but I'm going to try to eat moderately and just twice a day and see how that goes.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may have done something rash.

A relative has been trying to give up smoking. She has cut down, but hasn't been able to kick the habit. An NHS quit class suggested she buddy up with another smoker keen to quit, but she couldn't find anyone. So I offered to quit chocolate.

Yesterday was a chocolate binge day, as I "removed" all chocolate from the house.

It's been 18 hours so far since my last bar....

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
A cold then a tummy bug then being given a meal far bigger than I really wanted but foolishly eating it all so another minor complaint from my digestive system and I have managed to lose 4 kgs in 4-6 days!

Not recommended as the ideal way to go and I imagine I could easily just pile it back on again but I'm going to try to eat moderately and just twice a day and see how that goes.

Since you haven't been about for a while, I can only assume you' ve wasted away to a mere shadow of youself.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was very brave of you, NEQ - your formerly-smoking friend can use nicotine patches (to the effectiveness of which I can attest from personal experience), but you don't get anything to make up for your chocolate cravings.

Good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I'm down 4 lbs since giving up ice-cream, cookies etc [Yipee] This has been helped by Mr. S's 65th birthday MOT, when (of course) the doctor told him to eat less, drink less and exercise more (do they ever say anything else?) Misery loves company!
[Killing me]

Mrs. S, now with two reasons to lose weight [Axe murder]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I need to give myself a kick in the bum and get moving. I am losing impetus [Waterworks]

Huia

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I am down a mere half pound. But I will take what I can get.

--------------------

Cathscats
Shipmate
# 17827

- Posted      Profile for Cathscats   Email Cathscats   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another fan of 5:2 here, though I find the 2s easier if I don't eat at all, or at least not till I have some veggies in the evening. I actually feel less hungry that way (obviously my blood sugar must be sky high or something, since I don't get energy loss). Staying nicely around where I should be.

--------------------
"...damp hands and theological doubts - the two always seem to go together..." (O. Douglas, "The Setons")

Posts: 176 | From: Central Highlands | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

5:2

I'm finding the Sundays really easy now but the Wednesdays less so. I may move it to Thursday - less going on for me on Thursdays [Smile]

I love waking up on Mondays - I really feel energised, like the Sunday fast has done me good.

Now I need to tweak my other days a little, I find myself nibbling bits of cheese [Hot and Hormonal]

(squeak squeak!!)

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eight-and-a-half pounds gone in 5 weeks - yay me. It is round about now that it all gets rather boring though, and I need all the encouragement I can get.
Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

quote:
Originally posted by St Everild:
Eight-and-a-half pounds gone in 5 weeks - yay me. It is round about now that it all gets rather boring though, and I need all the encouragement I can get.

Well done = I'm impressed!

Even more so because I'm not doing very well myself. I'm going to the Doctor next week as a month's physio has had no effect on my sore knee and I'm such a wuss regarding pain [Waterworks]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I'd be fine with pain if it didn't hurt so much!

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's exactly a year since I started working out at the YMCA several times a week, trying to do something about a body that was still stiff and awkward after surgery, not to mention a bit heavier than it ought to be. After all this, I am assured by well meaning friends that I've replaced fat with muscle, which is heavier, so I am in fact healthier. I score points with the medics for this, but am not yet convinced. I'll think about it some more while I settle down for another nap.

As to chocolate, a presbyterian minister, no less, pointed out to me that chocolate is made from beans, and everyone knows that beans are good for you. Giving it up is therefore a health hazard.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
posted b St Everild:
I need all the encouragement I can get.

Eight and a half pounds gone in 5 weeks is great - well done! Keep going, and be gentle with yourself about it. As long as the overall trend is downwards, it's very much in the right direction [Big Grin]

That's the premise I'm working on, and yes there are some slight wobbles, but I've now lost around something of the order of 1st 9lb over the last few months.

Go you.

[ 10. November 2015, 16:02: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

The scales went below 200lb for the first time today [Yipee] I'm encouraged. The exercise has had to wait for a bit as I had a chest infection, I do have a bit more energy though.
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Adrienne, that's great! Milestones are to be celebrated [Yipee]

The extra energy when I lose weight like that is a buzz. The memory of that buzz is what stops me diving into unhealthy food when I stop at a café for a cuppa. The apple and almonds in my back pack help reinforce that.

I am trying some non weight bearing swiss ball exercises to lessen impact on my knee.

Huia

--------------------

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
... non weight bearing swiss ball exercises ...

Now that's a really good idea - I have a Swiss Ball somewhere - and at least I'll get some exercise pumping it up [Big Grin]
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is anybody there?

I have lost 11lbs since rejoining Weight Watchers (I don't quite know how I have managed to loose 1 lb in the past 2 weeks though - as I have been on a see food, eat food diet. Must have been because I took my (ladies, small) watch off at the scales.....

Just getting to grips with the latest version of the Weight Watchers system - "Smart Points ™" I think it looks good...or it will do once I have got my head around it.

How is everyone else managing?

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Not weighed myself for weeks and weeks - I know I should but...

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you have a scale large enough?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
bib
Shipmate
# 13074

- Posted      Profile for bib     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been on the 5:2 diet for nearly two years and do the fast days on Mondays and Thursdays which suits my lifestyle. However, I spread the 500 calories over three small meals rather than have the long gap between breakfast and the evening meal as this feels more normal and seems to prevent the low feeling late in the afternoon when I would be more tempted to check out the pantry. The only thing I have found though is that I've very much reached a plateau after an initial significant weight loss. I'm not gaining weight, but I'm not losing it either. I'm wondering if I need a break over the festive season and then start afresh in January.

--------------------
"My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End, accept the praise I bring"

Posts: 1307 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

- Posted      Profile for kingsfold   Email kingsfold   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Around 1st 11lb gone, and I'm very happy with that. Still a little way to go to target.

I seem to be something of a stress bucket at the moment, so if I manage to maintain that and not put too much on during a) a week in Germany and b) visiting assorted friends and family over Christmas and New Year, that will do for now.

I do feel much better for it mind you, and look rather better (though needing to replace my wardrobe as everything is now hanging off me is not a prospect that fills me with joy).

[ 09. December 2015, 19:01: Message edited by: kingsfold ]

Posts: 4473 | From: land of the wee midgie | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Marvellous kingsfold!

I lost half a stone on the 5:2 but ran out of steam last week.

So today I joined slimming world online - I have a stone to lose. I am 73Kg today and my goal is 65Kg in 3 months.

Onwards and downwards!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Yangtze
Shipmate
# 4965

- Posted      Profile for Yangtze   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kingsfold:
...not put too much on during a) a week in Germany ...

I have been semi-commuting between London and Germany this year and my weight/fitness has suffered. Partly it's the lack of regular exercise but there was also the memorable time when the work canteen offered up potato lasagne. Not with potatoes replacing the pasta, but potatoes as the filling for the pasta lasagne.

It was delicious!

--------------------
Arthur & Henry Ethical Shirts for Men
organic cotton, fair trade cotton, linen

Sometimes I wonder What's for Afters?

Posts: 2022 | From: the smallest town in England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

I just read your description alou8d to my son, who cried, "It sounds great!" But he is 26 years old, with a digestion like iron.

--------------------

kingsfold

Shipmate
# 1726

quote:
Posted by Yangtze:
...there was also the memorable time when the work canteen offered up potato lasagne. Not with potatoes replacing the pasta, but potatoes as the filling for the pasta lasagne.

It was delicious!

Whimpers quietly. Potato fritters, apple fritters, spätzler.... whimper/drool
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

Well, that's the first 14 ˝ lbs gone. Again. Sigh.

Why Weight Watchers choose December to launch their new "eating plan" beats me. I knew what was what with the old one, and have planned what I could and probably ought not to eat accordingly.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016