homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Lands of the Southern Cross (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  29  30  31 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Lands of the Southern Cross
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Todays challenge was to create a stage worthy Moana costume in less than an hour for Miss 9.

Almost. Got. There.

She will have to pick up the other half of it tomorrow on her way to the airport. I fully expect Miss 4 to demand the same when I next see her.

Studio work will have to go on hold until after the weekend though, as I pick up more people from the airport tomorrow. [Ultra confused]

Took Miss 9 to church service with her great grandmother at the nursing home this morning. Arrived to find everyone upset. One of the residents who had his birthday yesterday and was fine at breakfast gave up the ghost before morning tea. He just simply stopped.

I am glad for his sake. He was a lovely man. RIP Gordon.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
Schools resume for the 2nd term on Monday all over NZ.

The Ministry of Education guideline is that all schools must be open for a certain number of half days per year, but fine tuning is in the hands of the Board of Trustees of each school. The school where I volunteer was open on Maundy Thursday, whereas the school down the road closed on the Wednesday. (I think they started the term a day before us).

Secondary schools have longer holidays, finishing a week or so before Primary. (I always said Secondary Teachers didn't work as hard [Razz] ).

Such a lovely day today and I achieved Things
[Yipee]

Huia

I went to an elite snobby private school for ten years ... we had a few weeks extra holidays (but school on Saturday mornings) ... I loved it after the mere mortals had gone back and we hadn't
[Snigger]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:
Took Miss 9 to church service with her great grandmother at the nursing home this morning. Arrived to find everyone upset. One of the residents who had his birthday yesterday and was fine at breakfast gave up the ghost before morning tea. He just simply stopped.

I am glad for his sake. He was a lovely man. RIP Gordon.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory, along with our risen Lord.

I'll bet that there are quite a few other residents wanting to go as Gordon did.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Like most Brits, I have Australian Relatives™; two of my grandmother's sisters emigrated to Australia in the early years of the last century and many of their descendants are still there.

I had an e-mail today with an obituary notice from the Sydney Morning Herald for one Bettye Harcus, aged 94, who was the daughter of one of them. I understand she was quite well-known in her younger days as a singer of gospel music; I remember meeting her about 30 years ago when she was doing the rounds of her Orcadian relations.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And for Bettye Harcus as well.

--------------------

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Votive] Gordon [Votive] Bettye Harcus [Votive]
Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I always said Secondary Teachers didn't work as hard [Razz] ).:

Huia

My son's a secondary teacher. He spends half his holiday or more back at school doing stuff in his lab. (That is, stuff he can't take home).

Is there a putting-tongue-out imoji?

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yes: like this.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:

Is there a putting-tongue-out imoji?

[Razz] (colon followed by lowercase p)

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's the one I used GG. That really was just a stir [Biased] . I remember when one of my brothers was taught by the father of a child I was teaching. On Parents night we both agreed that both of us were well suited, and neither of us would want the other's job.

Seriously though, I don't think the job good teachers do is really appreciated in much of the wider community. I sometimes read and post on a NZ website and the comments about teachers and the length of their holidays is enough to make my blood boil.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Prison ministry weekend training is over. It is wonderful to serve in an organization that is committed to training its volunteers so well. May it bear much good fruit.

Tired now. The trainers who stayed with us commented that our home is very "English".

I wonder what gave it away....the large and small hedges around the house? The chairs around the fireplace? The walls lined with old books and shelves full of black and white photos? The oak trees outside and the autumn leaves in drifts around the garden?

Or maybe it is just the Englishman in residence.... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Another Sydney institution closes after fifty years.

Fine dining it wasn't but queues out the door and around the block often. Basic, good pasta. Help yourself to bread and cold cordial. Just a couple of choices of pasta, but well cooked.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...I sometimes read and post on a NZ website and the comments about teachers and the length of their holidays is enough to make my blood boil.

Huia

I think teachers in general deserve all the holidays and time off they get but I'm not so sure about the kids - surely it is not beyond the wit of man to devise an equitable sort of shift system for teachers such that the teachers do the same total hours and get the same holidays whilst the kids are schooled from something like 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., for 7 days a week/52 weeks a year with 3 hours statutory homework a night.

I keep trying to explain my plan to the local kiddywinks but they appear to be universally opposed to my plan but then think how many more teachers we could benefit!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
I went to an elite snobby private school for ten years ... we had a few weeks extra holidays (but school on Saturday mornings) ... I loved it after the mere mortals had gone back and we hadn't
[Snigger] ]

And we mere mortals despised all you snobby private school kids for being so precious that you needed more holidays [Razz]

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 793 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
It's the one I used GG. That really was just a stir [Biased] . I remember when one of my brothers was taught by the father of a child I was teaching. On Parents night we both agreed that both of us were well suited, and neither of us would want the other's job.

Seriously though, I don't think the job good teachers do is really appreciated in much of the wider community. I sometimes read and post on a NZ website and the comments about teachers and the length of their holidays is enough to make my blood boil.

Huia

I remember going to in-service courses in the holidays.

And of course it's not just the holidays – it's the prep and marking after class, and the extra-curricular activities. For several years, not being a sporty person, I had a great Scottish Country Dance club.
Early in my career, I went to relieve for a year at a small-town high school, and spent some time with a friend and her husband. He was newsly trained and it was his first job, and it was made plain to him that he'd be expected to coach a cricket team – and take them to their Saturday matches. Essentially a six-day-a week job, rather rough on a newly married couple just settling into their first home and approaching parenthood.
For my part, I was directed as the year wore on, to supervise a hockey team on games afternoon (ie inn school hours). I said that's fine by me, I can supervise but I can't coach as I don't know anything about hockey. Fine, until a senior player came to tell me I was to take them to a match on Saturday. I went to the (male) principal and said I'm not prepared to look after them on Saturday. He said that was quite okay, no problem. But the Senior Woman took me aside and gave me a good telling off. How would I feel, she asked, if one day I had a daughter who couldn't play sport because no teacher would take her? (Daughter enjoyed sports and there was always someone to take her, ie shared parents' cars, sometimes mine, or someone else's.)
My son, incidentally coaches, and goes round with, the underwater hockey team, because he loves it.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Now I'm off to the megalopolis for a few days for a block course ... at least I'll enjoy the drive, even if I remain frustrated that NZ drives are so little

--------------------

Latchkey Kid
Shipmate
# 12444

- Posted      Profile for Latchkey Kid   Author's homepage   Email Latchkey Kid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I wish our drives were shorter. I have a delivery and collect trip to Melbourne that I plan to spend a reasonable three days each way on. In a car I could do it in a tiring two days, but in my son's rough old ute it would be too tiring.

--------------------
'You must never give way for an answer. An answer is always the stretch of road that's behind you. Only a question can point the way forward.'
Mika; in Hello? Is Anybody There?, Jostein Gaardner

Posts: 2592 | From: The wizardest little town in Oz | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

B2 has just sent a message to say she has achieved 100% in her last essay for her MBA, and that her teacher, a woman of formidable energy and intellect, took her aside to tell her she could not believe B2 had done no other prior degrees. She also commented that B2 had a "brilliant mind"....as some of B2's classmates scored below 50%.

She may indeed have a brilliant mind, but she also put in more than 40 hours work on this particular assignment, because she was so anxious about doing "enough" to pass. This is her first experience of tertiary education so she has no prior benchmarks by which to measure standards.

I told her it was all down hill from here.... [Razz]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

Congratulations to her. I don't know about these days, but 100% for an essay sounds a remarkable achievement to me.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One student some years after me received that mark for a theology essay. Possibly an exegesis assignment. From a very picky, hard to please lecturer who said she had done all he asked and much more. It is a pity I cannot remember more details. Until BL's post, that was the only one I had heard of.

Congratulations to your daughter. A brilliant start to the MBA. [Overused]

[ 03. May 2017, 08:28: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

She was so anxious about it that she requested a couple of coaching sessions with her dad...so he too is now basking in the reflected glory.

A satisfying family effort!

I commented that both her grandmothers had the smarts to do tertiary ed but never had the opportunity - so she is fortunate to be born in a time and place enabling her to hone the gifts given to her. Also a good thing to be able to show her upline at work, as they are underwriting this degree.

Exam worth 60% of the assessment is next. We'll see how her nerves hold up!

--------------------

Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have achieved such a result only once throughout five tertiary qualifications. My Eng Lit lecturer's comment on my perfect-score essay on Richard II - "What more can I say?" - was one of the most satisfying moments of my education, and sticks in my memory 47 years later. She should bask in the feeling as long as possible, it's a great achievement.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well done indeed, B2! [Overused]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

Congratulations to your daughter. A brilliant start to the MBA. [Overused]

It was her third essay in this particular unit, and it is the second unit of her degree. The first essay she got 60%, the second one 89%, so she is hoping to do enough in the exam to earn an HD for the whole unit.

I think the teacher has a lot to do with it. The first unit was taught by someone who she found out of date, out of touch with current business, and profoundly bored and boring. This tutor is exactly the opposite.

Very glad there are a few good ones about!

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

My Godmother, God rest her soul, died a few days ago, aged 102.

I have just discovered the death notice for my mother's "stepmum", who apparently is listed in the Australian archives as a collector of botanical specimens along the Upper Murray. She shuffled off at 107.

Mum is not looking forward to her 99th winter, but if I was a betting person, I'd lay odds on her surviving it.

Note to Rowen: they sure breed 'em tough down your way. Possibly because they spend so much of each year snap-frozen....

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry to hear about your godmother, BL. May she rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

--------------------

Rowen
Shipmate
# 1194

- Posted      Profile for Rowen   Email Rowen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My sympathy, BL

Yeah, it's the cold that us tough.
And the local wine.

--------------------
"May I live this day… compassionate of heart" (John O’Donoghue)...

Posts: 4897 | From: Somewhere cold in Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The mother-in-law of one of our parishioners is approaching her 109th birthday in a week or so, but news yesterday was that she was confined to bed, and didn't want to eat. At her 108th birthday last year, she went missing from the party. When found, she said she'd got bored and just wanted to go for a walk. Praying that M has to travel for a party rather than a funeral.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Prayers, Barnabas, for her and her family.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Prayers also for Mark Colvin and his sons

The ABC is taking a beating this year, first Clarke, now Colvin.

[ 11. May 2017, 02:52: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

[Tear]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Ordination to the priesthood of our local deacon today. He is a navy chaplain learning the ropes in our parish. I was part of the set up team yesterday and spent a lovely afternoon messing about with flowers.

Sea Holly is a revelation. What an amazing plant. How did I never come across this before? Is it something you have seen growing anywhere?

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I looked that one up, BL, and found I knew the plant , although the name was new to me. Not to others, heaps of references.. Easy to grow, likes hot weather, poor soil and can cope with little water. Sounds ideal.

--------------------

Ian Climacus

Liturgical Slattern
# 944

- Posted      Profile for Ian Climacus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In the next installment of First World Problems I lost my footing on a bushwalk this afternoon and went sliding down a hill, tearing my (new) pants in the process. Oh well. It was a nice walk. I just need to take it slower next time.

My gardening consists of sweeping all the leaves that have fallen from the trees in the street and the one in the backyard. Not sure what type it is - it gets purple berries which delight in staining my white shirts should I forget and hang them under it on the line!

[Votive] BL for your Godmother; and Many, Many Years to the deacon-now-priest.

And prayers for Madame 109 Barnabas. [Votive]

Posts: 7800 | From: On the border | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So long as it was only the pants that were damaged, Ian.

I saw Sea Holly some years ago at Chelsea Flower Show, listed as an ornamental plant. There are a number of Eryngium varieties named Sea Holly and the one I saw was Miss Wilmot's Ghost, taller than other varieties and native to the Mediterranean or Eastern Europe. I see these plants in South African gardens from time to time but local gardeners often prefer indigenous plants to exotics.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
There are a number of Eryngium varieties named Sea Holly and the one I saw was Miss Wilmot's Ghost, taller than other varieties and native to the Mediterranean or Eastern Europe.

What a wonderful name for a plant.

The overnight low temperature is forecast to be 0c, but at least the next 3 days are forecast to be sunny, rather than the sea fog we have been enduring. I don't mind the cold or the rain, but fog is just depressing.

And I've mislaid the remote for one of the heat pumps [Waterworks]

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Under the bed? Next to TV control? In cutlery drawer? Down back of lounge cushions?

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

I wonder who Miss Wilmot was.

GG

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

Don't just wonder; Google it

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

More than the usual suburban gardener.

What a lot of work she did with plants.

Edited for over devotion to lots of vowels.

[ 13. May 2017, 10:07: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am always inspired by women gardeners, especially those who wrote about plants and gardening: Gertrude Jekyll, Ellen Wilmott, Vita Sackville-West, Margery Fish who designed naturalistic woodland planting from the 1930s, more contemporary plantswomen like Beth Chatto with her gravel gardens. Mary Keen, Helen Dillon, Penelope Hobhouse, Rosemary Verey. And too many more to mention -- I still miss the Telegraph columns from the late Elspeth Thompson.

Out here in South Africa we had Eve Palmer who not only published books on trees and her gardening diary, but also a classic of farm life in The Plains of Camdeboo.

[ 13. May 2017, 10:53: Message edited by: MaryLouise ]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Many years ago I first read about Georgiana Molloy in the book Australian Pioneer Women by Eve Pownall. She too gardened , raised a family, collected seeds to send to England and much more. Her first child died soon after birth and a son drowned. She took to observing plants and how they grew and were gardened and described by indigenous peoples as well as new colonists, in an effort to assuage her grief..

[ 13. May 2017, 11:38: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

I'm feeling like an old lady. I picked a 6 litre slow cooker full of a very thick soup up from the floor with my back bent. Yes I did know better, but didn't stop to think. ACC, the state run injury insurance scheme often publishes figures of which sports cause the most injuries. I expect to see extreme soupmaking on the list any day now [Hot and Hormonal]

Stupidity isn't a category, I suspect it would encompass too many of the claims.

Huia

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Georgiana Molloy is new to me Lothlorien -- and what a character!

'Extreme soupmaking' made me laugh, Huia, but I do that sort of careless bending over and picking up heavy things too. I tried to lift up a crate of chopped firewood in the garage the other day (we have a woodburning stove in the kitchen)and it isn't just the heaviness of the object that causes problems, it is that I bend so awkwardly and put strain on the most vulnerable part of the back.

[ 14. May 2017, 04:42: Message edited by: MaryLouise ]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... extreme soupmaking ...

Love it! [Killing me]

I think it should become an Olympic sport! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

The English would win.

I must look up Beth Chatto - we are about to put in some gravel landscaping.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I will also enter Olympic extreme soup making. Five year old son came home from visiting his great aunt to tell me she had soup but from a tin. Did I know soup came in tins, mum?

In light of Mark Colvin's death last week, I have been reading his Light and Shadows, Memoirs of a Spy's Son. I bought it a couple of months ago but had not started it. A good read as it covers a period of recent history. I have written more in book thread in Heaven.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

TP and I are both struggling with head colds....yesterday he made a thick soup loaded with garlic and celery tops, admittedly from a base of canned minestrone...but it was the perfect pick me up.

Yes, the English would be hard to beat in a soup off, even when handicapped!

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Banner Lady:

Yes, the English would be hard to beat in a soup off, even when handicapped!

And you have not even seen the Scots entrant.

The congregation that holds my membership is largely Scots immigrants to England. Whereas in other English congregations people tended to have their own bakery goods (my Mum's were cheese scones), at this congregation people tended to have their soup. Therefore, when it was soup and sandwiches you chose your options by picking your soup makers. All soups were homemade.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  29  30  31 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016