homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Lands of the Southern Cross (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Lands of the Southern Cross
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
WW I think I'll copy your New Years resolution - it's the best I've heard yet.

MaryLouise I wish I could send you some of the rain we've been having. Georgie-Porgy fat'n'fluffy has come in so wet she looks several sizes smaller (I wish it had the same effect on me).

Yesterday we had thunder and lightening - which is more exciting if you're watching it from inside instead of being out and about in summery clothes. And no, I didn't learn from last time, neither did I have my new purple umbrella with me. [Roll Eyes]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Arabella Purity Winterbottom

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm starting the new year with a bang and resigning from my job on Monday, a decision made on New Year's Day (admittedly after some thought prior). Not sure what comes next, but I'm going to take a few months to decompress and work it out.

We had our housewarming today, and a good friend was talking about what happens when you give up a vocation. He was talking about singing, but it occurred to me that my 9 years in a really challenging social work role were displacement activity from not being able to follow my vocation. I think I've proved to myself that I can hack the tough stuff! Watch this space.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Posts: 3702 | From: Aotearoa, New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
May you be blessed as you follow through on this resolution, Arabella. May the road ahead open before you with exciting vistas and the help you need to navigate it well.

My New Year's Resolution is just to keep finding the Joyful things in each day and to become more tuned in to what is right under my nose.

Less grim thoughts and more gratitude! Giving up watching the news might help there....

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next, APW. [Smile]

[ 08. January 2017, 01:01: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Aside form profiteering, why has petrol increased from $1.19 to $1.449 a litre overnight at the same servo??

--------------------
"Till we cast our crowns before Him; Lost in wonder, love, and praise."

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good luck, Arabella!

This time of year I wait with bated breath for price increases on everything from petrol to basic food stuffs to electricity and water. Ugh.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

- Posted      Profile for Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Email Arabella Purity Winterbottom   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks.

I told my boss today. He was great.

--------------------
Hell is full of the talented and Heaven is full of the energetic. St Jane Frances de Chantal

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our petrol prices took a bit of a hike just after Christmas as well; I suppose it must have been to pay for the oil company executives' Christmas lunches ... [Devil]

Of course, when the price of petrol goes up, so does the price of everything else, as everything has to be transported from A to B, but does it happen in reverse? Not bleedin' likely!

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Biggest and Middle have just met our good friend Jugular at the Uniting Church National Yoof Conference. There is evidence on Facebook in the form of a selfie.

Biggest and Middle are both performing music at various times, Jugs is corrupting the young people doing his comedy.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Our petrol prices took a bit of a hike just after Christmas as well; I suppose it must have been to pay for the oil company executives' Christmas lunches ... [Devil]

Of course, when the price of petrol goes up, so does the price of everything else, as everything has to be transported from A to B, but does it happen in reverse? Not bleedin' likely!

I have a snaking suspicion that our grocery prices have gone up since the earthquake in November knocked out part of State Highway 1 necessitating an extra 4 hours drive to reach Christchurch. I only just twigged this week [Waterworks] I was wondering why my bill at the supermarket was higher than usual.

Huia

[ 09. January 2017, 08:28: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

That was a sneaking suspicion. NZ may have earthquakes, but we don't have snakes [Biased]

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our petrol prices have jumped too – in the metropolitan areas. Go up country for a cheap fill. I know if I'm heading for Matarangi I fill up at Tirau (and try to time my trip for a good midday meal there at Bugger), but nearer the city Levin/Otaki can be have good prices.

Hi, MaryLouise, great to have you in our Southern Hemisphere midst.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Posts: 2629 | From: Matarangi | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
... Go up country for a cheap fill ...

That's interesting - here the prices tend to be higher out in the country than in the bigger centres, although in Newfoundland there's a dormitory-town outside St. John's where they keep the petrol prices deliberately a few cents below the city prices, presumably to encourage people to fill up there.

eta: or maybe to encourage people to live out there, so that they're spending more on petrol to commute into town ... [Paranoid]

[ 09. January 2017, 22:47: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks for the welcome, Galloping Granny.

The other source of financial stress at the outset of a new year is waiting to see foreign exchange currency fluctuations as the South African Rand rises a little, dips and falls against British sterling, the Euro and the US dollar. Yo-yo season...

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

- Posted      Profile for Galloping Granny   Email Galloping Granny   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:
Originally posted by Galloping Granny:
... Go up country for a cheap fill ...

That's interesting - here the prices tend to be higher out in the country than in the bigger centres, although in Newfoundland there's a dormitory-town outside St. John's where they keep the petrol prices deliberately a few cents below the city prices, presumably to encourage people to fill up there.

eta: or maybe to encourage people to live out there, so that they're spending more on petrol to commute into town ... [Paranoid]

This is a bit of a puzzle, as in really remote towns the price can be highest 'because of the cost of transport' (of fuel to bring the tanker).

Tirau I can understand because they're on the main north-south highway and they'll get a lot of custom from long-distance drivers who plan to stop there because they know the prices are good.

Common belief is that the country towns' prices are realistic but in the metropolitan area the petrol companies combine to keep it up, which is immoral and probably illegal.

I did notice that petrol prices here drop slightly when there's a holiday weekend, but when visiting in Oz they seemed to go up.

GG

--------------------
The Kingdom of Heaven is spread upon the earth, and men do not see it. Gospel of Thomas, 113

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
Good luck, Arabella!

This time of year I wait with bated breath for price increases on everything from petrol to basic food stuffs to electricity and water. Ugh.

It's the charities that drive me mad at Christmas time. I give the odd occasional donation to quite a few causes, and a more substantial one to half a dozen. The former, and one of the latter, all want a donation at Christmas time. This is ludicrous, when everyone's coping with the cost of presents, Christmas dinner, and travel to join family.

If they asked for an annual donation in June I'd be more inclined to oblige.

GG

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It is hot, hot, hot. 32°C here at 9:30 am, forecast to reach 39. For inner west, that is hot, although several years ago it reached 43 and I took shot of thermometer which had suburb and time on it. That was matched by a friend from England in suburb of same name. Down in the minuses for her.

Everything is closed up and I am in front of a fan.
Roll on the southerly, although arrival time has been pushed back. 27° forecast for tomorrow which will be blissful, then more heat.

[ 10. January 2017, 22:09: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
It is hot, hot, hot. 32°C here at 9:30 am, forecast to reach 39. For inner west, that is hot, although several years ago it reached 43 and I took shot of thermometer which had suburb and time on it. That was matched by a friend from England in suburb of same name. Down in the minuses for her.

Everything is closed up and I am in front of a fan.
Roll on the southerly, although arrival time has been pushed back. 27° forecast for tomorrow which will be blissful, then more heat.

At 27° I'd be gasping.
We did reach 24° the other day, when the Capital and Matarangi each had the same maximum – Matarangi is regularly 2° higher.

GG

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

The forecast here for today and tomorrow is 29c with 28c on Sunday. I hope they have it wrong. It's just a tad over 27c at the moment.

Poor Georgie-Porgy fat'n'fluffy is doing it hard. There is plenty of shade and I've just topped up the water bucket. It's amazing how many strange cats visit for a drink in this weather, sort of like the local watering hole.

I forgot to top in up once after it had spilled and found G-P with her front paws in the water - at least it cooled her down.

Huia

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Temperature has been climbing all afternoon, as is the custom.. It is now 40.3 according to Weatherzone program.

That is a local reading for my suburb.

I had to take myrubbish downstairs and it was very unpleasant. I was most grateful for a young man whom I did not recognise. He went to get in lift as I came out and took my fairly heavy bag over much more quickly than I could have done.

One benefit of losing weight in summer. For years my feet have swollen in the heat, as have ankles. Today is a a fair test of them. Trim and terrific, if I say so myself, not the slightest sign of puffiness.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
38 degrees celsius here in Canberra. I have spent the afternoon with the fan on putting together flatpack furniture for TP's study.
Email from my sister in Serbia says she is snowed in, and ice on all the steps that lead to her local shops means she is staying inside for at least three more weeks.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
39 deg C here in the Valley with a grass fire burning on the edge of town, but being controlled by fairies with helicopter assistance. Some small tasks accomplished this morning but the afternoon has been in aircon with the stereo on. Janet Baker's contralto evokes cooler climes somehow.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bloody iPad. For fairies in my last post read "firies". I hate machines that think they know better than me.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Southerly has arrived and temp dropped from 41 to 32 in eight minutes.

I am not sure RFS would be happy being called auto-correct fairies instead of firies. It tried the same trick on me just now. I wish it would fix up my frequent typo of "remeber." It lets that one slide, unnoticed.

So glad I have leftover lamb roast from yesterday. Add some salad and there is dinner.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Fire alerts here too. Strong winds yesterday fanned fires in the Drakenstein mountains and 650 hectares of farmland was destroyed across the Paarl valley before firefighters with aerial support brought the blaze under control.

Filling up the dogs' drinking bowls several times a day and putting ice cubes in their water during the hottest time, late afternoon. Getting through huge quantities of iced tea myself. And mugs of hot tea every now and then too, which is oddly refreshing. We're looking at temperatures peaking at 42 degrees C later.

I could do with your Southerly cooling winds --

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

I have just sat outside, MaryLouise. It was cooler than the day had been but not what I would really call cool. As a child, we called the southerly, a southerly buster. No buster about it today but better than heat. Mid afternoon to about 5:00is the hottest time and today it reached 41°C AT 5:00 pm.

Only 27 tomorrow then more days over 30 but not as hot as today.

--------------------

Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

- Posted      Profile for Dennis the Menace   Email Dennis the Menace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
40 deg here in the old steel city today. We spent the day in a club along with two from our church to escape the heat with much lively conversation about various topics, our church and past connections with various churches in the area only to learn that our paths crossed at various functions back in the early 70's but we never met. We spent over $60.00 on lunch, snacks and coffee and were there for over 8 hours. On the way home I mentioned to HWMBO that what we spent to save running the a/c at home would run the a/c for the whole of summer! Still it was worth it for the company.

--------------------

Posts: 853 | From: Newcastle NSW Australia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
rexory
Shipmate
# 4708

- Posted      Profile for rexory   Author's homepage   Email rexory   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas Aus:
Bloody iPad. For fairies in my last post read "firies". I hate machines that think they know better than me.

One did wonder! [Smile]

--------------------
Our first words on getting to heaven will be "Ohhh!", with an air of "Now I understand!" - CS Lewis, via Philip Yancey, "What Good is God", 2010

Posts: 2974 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Your weather reports are making my eyes water; here we were delighted to welcome positive numbers to the weather today. According to Environment Canada it's currently +9°C, and feeling positively balmy.

[Smile]

--------------------

Galloping Granny
Shipmate
# 13814

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

I had to take myrubbish downstairs and it was very unpleasant. I was most grateful for a young man whom I did not recognise. He went to get in lift as I came out and took my fairly heavy bag over much more quickly than I could have done.

I'm lucky that it's only a few metres from the rubbish tin to the kerb. I tie the top of the rubbish bag, tip the tin over, pull the bag out and drag it to the kerb.

Slept in. I really must have my breakfast before it's time for morning tea.

GG

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Another hot one forecast for today - but not as hot as yesterday, for which I am grateful as I am running an outside market stall over the weekend for charity. The cooler change arrived at midnight as I was at my sewing machine under an open window, and it was like someone had suddenly turned some aircon on. I don't have aircon, but I do live in an oasis of greenery thanks to TP's gardening skills. It really makes a difference in hot weather.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My breakfast is also turning into morning tea. I used the aircon in bedroom last night. The temperature had dropped but inside was still very warm and stuffy.

This morning I have my front door propped open a bit. This allows through movement of any breeze through the place.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

Workers wearing high-vis in the street again. The wastewater system is being checked to sort the need for even further repairs [Roll Eyes]

They do a essential job, which I appreciate, however it is easier if they do it at night(less traffic and lower water flow), so there's no escaping the rumbles by an extended visit to the library.

At least they won't be carried off with heat exhaustion or sunburn.

Huia

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Given the forecast, we've decided to stay down the coast for a few more days. Good summer weather here rather than the extremes of others. In other words, pleasant for long walks along the beach morning and evening, swimming in the warmer hours and comfortable sitting on the verandah for dinner and after (well protected by screens, I'm glad to say). Also the fish at the markets has been very good this year, and at a fraction of Sydney prices.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged

Trumpeting hope
# 3434

Oh my goodness, the sun is shining! We've had the most midwinter weather the last few days, including a severe weather warning for the high winds yesterday.

Might be able to do some gardening tomorrow????

--------------------

Mr Curly

Off to Curly Flat
# 5518

- Posted      Profile for Mr Curly   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scooped up the boys from their Yoof Conference yesterday and drove south. Now a resident of Thredbo until Tuesday, hoping for some milder weather.

It is increasingly clear that when Mr Curly Senior offers to do something (like have beers ready for the travelers on arrival) the chance of him remembering to actually do it is way less than 100%. This is of course more worrying than the state of unsatisfied thirst I found myself in at 7 last night. Observation at close quarters over next few days will be enlightening if not enjoyable.

Today will be a Day of Rest, with the Holiday Feast and dress up night tonight. Then, there will be walking.

mr curly

--------------------
My Blog - Writing, Film, Other Stuff

Posts: 2645 | From: Curly Flat | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Nursing a crushed finger today after I jammed it in the wheels of a book trolley yesterday. Crafting may be seriously impeded for a while...and typing not easy either!

Searing winds forecast for this avo. Bad fire weather around here so all will be on high alert.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Middle son usually has holiday this time of year at Chalotte Pass and spends a lot of time walking. Somehow his booking was stuffed up so he is now on Central Cast beach holiday and having a ball. Still wistful about CP.

BL, I notice forecasts for today have been updated. 38° C now for here again. That finger injury sounds nasty. Do you have cream for bruising? I speak as one who had bad finger for over three weeks when somehow I caught it in catch of the belt which holds balcony blind to balcony rail. It is still painful to touch, although bruise has gone and that is a month or ore ago.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Yes...not broken, but nail is black and 5 cent sized slice of flesh flap on the top of my pointy finger means I have a most unhappy digit. It didn't help that a few hours after the injury I shut my car door accidentally on the same finger and re-opened all the clotting. Not happy with my klutzy self at all. I am monitoring the bruising.

Obviously need to slow down, like the rest of the country in January.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Sympathy, Banner Lady, it sounds as if you're going to lose the nail. I swear by arnica for bruising.

Wild fires breaking out all around the Cape peninsula in the last few days but it is cooler this morning, a faint possibility of rain.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Weirdest freaky squall just hit. At 1pm the temp was 29, by 2pm it was 39 with hot gusty winds blowing twigs off trees and empty bins off kerbs. Then at 4pm the wind began howling hard and the huge trees around us were bent almost double. Every firies nightmare - suddenly changing to a rain squall with very warm water falling out of the sky. But within 2 minutes the temp was back to 29. Power is out across Canberra and the damage is only just beginning to be noted. At the northside markets heavy glass doors were blown off their hinges and shattered.

Our house obviously still has power but up the hill where my daughter and mum live, it is off and it is out across the street too. Hoping no more wind is on its way, as this would be a linesman's nightmare. Prayers for all the emergency services people who will be having a long night.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Visual evidence here.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Drat, that's eucalyptus, I can see the problem. We had a two-three story one fall on our bedroom once.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is some storm. I hope that your mother's place is OK, very hard at her age to cope with an event like that.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

You are a bit far from SA to have the dregs of the storm they have just had. Big warnings about ice and batteries etc. Yours seems to have descended then gone. SA had warning. My sister is doing some emergency house sitting for friends in Gladstone SA in the Flinders Ranges. Storm was not quite as bad as forecast but she was there a year ago when they had one like yours today.

Hope your mum is OK, that sort of sudden bad weather is unsettling.

Please be careful with the finger . It may need professional attention. It sounds very nasty, much worse than mine was.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

It is Friday evening and I didn't pay a great deal of attention to emergency vehicles screaming up and down outside. Then I saw a news item. A short distance down the road from my place a truck hit a power pole which snapped in half bringing down wires and causing blackouts etc. I have escaped those. All west bound traffic along Parramatta Road was stopped for at least two hours. Fortunately, there are back ways around in that area.

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

It's been a bit windy here, but nothing even remotely approaching that [Eek!]

I'm meant to be going north of Christchurch tomorrow into a country area to collect firewood but if it's too windy I'll stay home and do my needlework. (Thanks Banner Lady and Loth - your posts have reminded me I need to take gloves to protect my hands).

Huia

--------------------

Dennis the Menace
Shipmate
# 11833

12.45am and it is 32 degC outside, not a nice night for sleeping

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Gosh, BL, that sounds like a very nasty injury. [Frown]

Hope you're all managing to keep as safe as possible through all the mental weather you're having.

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis the Menace:
12.45am and it is 32 degC outside, not a nice night for sleeping

There are nights I can cope and then there are nights like last night where bedroom aircon goes on first off. Last night was one of those. It is installed in bedroom sppecifically for such times. Not in rest of house. I close things once temps start to rise, and open up in evening. Most days sea breeze in afternoon is good.

Not a good looking day although forecast is for slightly cooler. Very heavy cloud, overcast and extremely muggy and humid.

[ 13. January 2017, 20:11: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  29  30  31 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016