homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
F's Thanksgiving Service went very well yesterday. A marvellous tribute from her husband who held it together up to the last fifteen seconds, although most of us were in tears well before then. She only wore size five shoes but they will take some filling around the church and community. We have some good people in our family and we seem to lose the best ones first.

[Votive] God bless her, her husband J and their sons D & M.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23939 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm giving thanks that we've found a replacement Château Piglet, and our offer's been accepted.

[Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19421 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was quick, Piglet! [Yipee]
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brilliant!
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news, Piglet! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17782 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I'm giving thanks that we've found a replacement Château Piglet, and our offer's been accepted.

[Yipee]

Wonderful, just wonderful.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9359 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Maybe this is the place to give thanks for a 98 year old lady I visit for the church. She is a voracious reader of history and philosophy, likes to think of herself as a heretic - she isn't - and she energises me every time I visit. She lives in a retirement home, but can't stand the old people there. As she says, "Everything works except the damn hips", so on a fine day she props herself up on her walker and heads out on her own across a busy street to a cafe, rather than eating in with the boring people. She was one of the first to cheer when I told her of a same sex marriage in our family, and again when the couple had a child. It's heart-warming to hear her discuss trump. Her hearing is bad, so she daily blesses the computer that lets her keep in touch with her scattered family by e-mail. It's not people like her who are holding the church back.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 866 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
News today that a long term friend is home from hospital after 4 weeks as an in patient as the Dr's battled the [thankfully very rare] severe reaction he had to his chemotherapy.

Keep battling Mike!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In me one it was prob and me one fine it and so now I wan get into the saints. I feel excelent as he fines it !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11107 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] Yay for all the YAY!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A little thing with all the big things going on in all our lives and in the world:

A visit to the dental hygiene lady today was surprisingly brief - there was just not much work to do for her at all, and I was complimented on my excellent dental hygiene...! First time ever. [Big Grin]

So, pretty glad and thankful for that. Will only need to see her again in a year, not earlier. [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7233 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
i was at the church to night and they speak and also give us bread and vine 1 It was very good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11107 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad you enjoyed it, daisymay.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
A little thing with all the big things going on in all our lives and in the world:

A visit to the dental hygiene lady today was surprisingly brief - there was just not much work to do for her at all, and I was complimented on my excellent dental hygiene...! First time ever. [Big Grin]

So, pretty glad and thankful for that. Will only need to see her again in a year, not earlier. [Smile]

I had a similar experience last week, and was even more grateful for finding a new dentist who I like 100 times better than the one who took over for my long-time dentist who retired. (And she's very young, so I'm hoping she'll be around for as long as I'm on this mortal coil.)

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9354 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stercus Tauri:
Maybe this is the place to give thanks for a 98 year old lady I visit for the church. She is a voracious reader of history and philosophy, likes to think of herself as a heretic - she isn't - and she energises me every time I visit. She lives in a retirement home, but can't stand the old people there. As she says, "Everything works except the damn hips", so on a fine day she props herself up on her walker and heads out on her own across a busy street to a cafe, rather than eating in with the boring people. She was one of the first to cheer when I told her of a same sex marriage in our family, and again when the couple had a child. It's heart-warming to hear her discuss trump. Her hearing is bad, so she daily blesses the computer that lets her keep in touch with her scattered family by e-mail. It's not people like her who are holding the church back.

I'd like to be like that when I grow up.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10033 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rejoice! Rejoice! Thanks for all your prayers. Our third grandson was born yesterday ay 4.01pm. R was induced but born normally, but very uncomfortably and weighed in at 9lb 8oz, half an ounce down on his Dad but almost two pound up on his older brother.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent news, SS - huge congratulations to you and your family. [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 19421 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some members of friend's church have offered to help him with the house problems. He's not sure D will allow it, but now the paramedics have photos, maybe she will.
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I was in the church this money and also this evening - it was very good 1

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Good you could get there twice, daisymay and that you enjoyed it.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

The frightened lady in the ward with D, who had no visitors, and who my friend got into conversation with, and then contacted her church about, has been visited by her son and taken home.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Phew! For Mrs SS and I what is. Eldest grandson was returned to his parents on Sunday afternoon after five nights with us. I have met the little'un and he really is like his Dad.

The next challenge is to see how Eldest Son and his wife handle two under-2's! TBH, I reckon they will be easier than a three-year old and an 18 month old but that's to come.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks be to God for the safe delivery (by induction) of L's first child - a lovely boy, weighing in at 11 pounds plus!

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8898 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, what a hulking infant! Clearly destined to become an athlete.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5469 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed, but his Dad is a fresh-faced, tall, slim, and handsome Chef! (If I were gay, I'd quite fancy him).

I've not yet met Baby X's Mum......

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8898 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

D's son has been approached by neighbours with support! Yay! He's been so concerned that people would hold him responsible for what he cannot be responsible for. One had family experience with hoarding, so knew of what they spoke.
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] Yay for all the yay!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A small thing in the scheme of life, but my job is closed tomorrow because of the coming snow storm. So glad not to worry about getting to work in a blizzard. And nice to know in advance so i can stay up a bit late for a change.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11631 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Would that be the snow you're currently sending our way, Nicole?? [Devil] It started snowing in earnest here an hour or two ago, and D. had to cancel choir practice.

In other news, I'm giving thanks that we are now the proud owners of a house - we got the keys this morning.

[Yipee]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay Piglet [Yipee]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1358 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is good news Piglet [Yipee]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10033 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have been posting on the the prayer thread about my grandson who was born 4 weeks ago today and very nearly didn't make it.
I have great news. My daughter (who ended up in a high dependency unit) has made a full recovery.
And baby Beaky went home today, breathing and feeding independently- things the doctors feared he would never do.
We watch and wait now to see what his future needs might be- but superb medical care post highly traumatic birth and an ocean of love and prayer have held him.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 658 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Oh WOW! That is such good news, and I'm sure many Shippies will join you in Giving Thanks To God And The Medics!

[Axe murder]

IJ

--------------------

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How wonderful! [Axe murder]

[Votive]

--------------------
Distrust simple answers to complicated questions

Posts: 115 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Baby Beaky, his mother, and Grandma Beaky

[Axe murder] [Axe murder] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9354 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrsBeaky:
I have been posting on the the prayer thread about my grandson who was born 4 weeks ago today and very nearly didn't make it.
I have great news. My daughter (who ended up in a high dependency unit) has made a full recovery.
And baby Beaky went home today, breathing and feeding independently- things the doctors feared he would never do.
We watch and wait now to see what his future needs might be- but superb medical care post highly traumatic birth and an ocean of love and prayer have held him.

Brilliant news!

[Yipee]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5230 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent, MrsB!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11631 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Excellent, indeed!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's wonderful news, MrsBeaky! [Yipee]
God bless you all. [Votive]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

yesterday my sister and her huspand and took to the wain people and the had three big ones and it was very good. they plaid and it was very good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] For Baby Beaky and all the family!

[Yipee] For Piglet and D with a new Chateau Piglet.

[Yipee] For that needs a [Yipee]

[Yipee] For the progress with the current batch of young people I work with. There have been massive turn-arounds on so many fronts now we're getting to grips with it all... Potentially one of the neediest, most unusual groups I have ever worked with. (And I've been in the business of work of one kind or another with this age group for more years than I want to think about!)

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 1990 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Mrs. Beaky and Baby Beaky - [Yipee]

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you all for rejoicing with us.
I don't often post but I read every day.
Love the Ship and this crazy community [Axe murder]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 658 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Smile]
Posts: 2199 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Ive just been at the pain at it was very good they and given us bread and wine 1 [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

For being granted a good night's sleep when it couldn't be expected. (Almost as long as usual!)
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Our new bed was delivered on Monday and after an exhausting day disposing of (most of) the old one, plus erecting the new one, we have now had two decent nights sleep. Maybe a mattress that costs substantially more than the bed is a help.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers of thanksgiving for FD's successful heart bypass surgery today. I could almost feel the voice of prayer around him this morning as he waited to go to theatre.

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 781 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for the excellent news, Clarence! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17782 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Clarence - prayers still ascending for his speedy recovery. [Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016