homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That is very good new Huia, and we're both pleased to hear it. Perhaps your former way of dealing with it had become simply a repeated event and thereby lost it's ability to take you forward.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6774 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's true Gee D, although I did do different things but they all involved getting out of own and being alone. This time I stayed in town and was going to be part of a group, but only one person showed up (my favourite person actually [Yipee] ). We were talking with various strangers though, which I would have avoided.

Ok, so next cause for thanksgiving - while I'm on a roll - is that my brother with Parkinson's has settled down and is a lot happier in the care home where he is living. I think his meds have been adjusted and this means he will be able to stay there for a bit longer.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10169 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thankful to report that a possibly fraught memorial service for my late father seems to have been a blessing for all. Unfortunately the major storms in the US are keeping many of us from flying home again! But at least the really difficult stuff was not hard.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5829 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A helpful call from the hospital social worker this morning, as they set up a sensible care plan. They will contact my local social services to get carers to come in and help her with personal washing (at which I drew a firm line about what I would not do) while here, and also help with preparing the house for her return. To which she has consented!
Further, they have identified an under functioning thyroid, which they are dealing with, and this may be helping her get back to her more usual self. (I noticed she had stopped dribbling on my last visit.)
I have found there is a local charity which runs day centres, which will be helpful.
Things look promising,

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have plaid for birds and they aet and come done and eat. It is by me churld.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11162 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Watchingthe birds is interesting,I think. Do you enjoy that, daisymay? I live in Sydney and the cockatoos are back in force after being away several years. They are clowns and acrobats. We have what is called Sulphur
crested. They have yellow crests and are very noisy.

[ 17. March 2017, 08:55: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9519 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely, daisymay. I have bird feeders and enjoy watching birds pecking away.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spot on, Daisymay - the place where we're house-sitting has a bird-feeder which is regularly visited by the local sparrows and other little birds, and occasionally by a Cardinal bird and his lady, and we could watch them for hours.

I think when we move into our new house we'll have to install a bird-feeder ... [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19769 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mum's wedding yesterday was a joyous occasion.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5238 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That sounds lovely, Tree Bee!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17864 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Mum's wedding yesterday was a joyous occasion.

Wonderful, Treebee.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Excellent, Tree Bee - congratulations to your mum and her new husband. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 19769 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] YAY! for all the yay!

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanksgiving for goodness, along the goodness that is in people.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3110 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rejoice with me, for I have found that which was lost! My back-up external hard drive, which I had hidden away and forgotten where I had put it.

I found it while clearing out the little spare room to put the bed down, hiding behind the autoharp. Odd choice of hiding place, as it was within a foot of the place I hid its fellow EHD. Now to see what is on it.

Who knows, I may find my Shakespeare while this is going on.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yesterday, while we were on holiday in Cyprus, Master S was in the Commons chamber in Westminster. I am deeply saddened at the loss of life and the terrible injuries, for the suffering of other people's parents and loved ones, and more grateful than I can express that he had not popped out to get a sandwich (or on some other trivial errand).

Also that the Lovely Girlfriend (now his wife) was able to reassure us that he was safely locked down (as was she).

Thank you Lord [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1397 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Mrs. S. [Smile]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bless God on the 11th birthday of my lovely son!

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2887 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Amazingly, Rowen a Shipmate with parish in Victorian Alps, escaped unhurt when the side of the road collapsed and her 4WD rolled onto its side into a culvert two or three metres down. It landed on its side and she had to be pulled out through a hole cut inbroof.

More details in prayer thread.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I attended a long awaited eye appointment this morning. I'd been terrified about it due to a previous bad experience. Daughter Erin came with me and calmed me down a bit. Anyway, my eyes are OK. My symptoms are due to age -related vitreous stuff moving around. (I've understood it well [Biased] )
The doc couldn't even find evidence of the age-related macular degeneration that Specsavers have told me about on my last 2 eye tests.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We wen it a lace with several people about several cheldren aking moes and it was very good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11162 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm giving thanks that at long last, and after much faffing about, we spent our first night in the new Château Piglet last night.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Axe murder]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5829 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay, piglet and D!
Posts: 4347 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee]
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] Yay! for all the Yay! [Yipee]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Ive been at the scotish church o day in London at one and it was very good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Lovely to hear, daisymay. Enjoy it.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Have a lovely time daisymay [Axe murder]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My eyes are now functioning well enough for me to attempt reading The Ship again - it may take a while but it is good to be back.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Wonderful, you've been missed [Yipee]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Welcome back, WW - Doone's right, you certainly have been missed.

Take it easy, and look after yourself. [Smile]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Good news indeed WW [Smile]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So good to hear that your eyes are improving WW, and great to have you back.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1951 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was very happy when I saw on the board, "Last post: Welease Woderwick". It's good to have you back. [Smile]

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

Ive been at the church in the scarn and is was etrade and wine and that was good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Daisymay.

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christ is risen, Alleluia!

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6774 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1397 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I am going to the church coed and it is very good there.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Glad you like it, daisymay.

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
None of our four grandchildren could have been born without medical techniques that were almost unimaginable when we were young. There is much to give thanks for while celebrating the arrival of another very small woman in our family a few days ago.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 891 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praise God for my bank's Fraud Team! Some Misbegotten Malefactor has today skimmed my debit card details (possibly by means of the ATM in my local shop), and tried to use MY money - to no avail, as his attempts this evening to pay a £55 cinema bill, and subsequent taxi bill, were foiled when the card was declined.

Mwahahahahaha......

No financial loss to me, though I now have to await the issue of a new card. Still, it's good to know that I'm being looked after.

I think.

[Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 9449 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stercus Tauri, congratulations! Yay for the miracles of medicine which make it possible to add these small humans to our families!

Bishops Finger, I'm so glad those watching over you foiled the evil plot of the person who tried to use your debit card! Hope the villain is caught and made to amend his/her ways.

--------------------

Posts: 17864 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Congratulations Stercus, and welcome Very Small Woman! [Smile]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen, and welcome, VSW!

From my own POV, praise and thanksgiving are due for my recovery from brain surgery exactly one year ago today. Not 100%, but not too far off - the main problem is Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency, caused by damage to my pituitary gland from the pressure of the tumour (a meningioma, not in itself malignant, but causing me to lose the use of my left side...).

The SAI may clear up eventually, or may not - either way, medication helps to control it, but
I still get tired very easily and quickly. What's not to like? An excuse to put my feet up, and enjoy some refreshing rehydration...

Yay for surgeons, brilliant nurses, and a good follow-up system, all on the much-maligned NHS!

[Yipee]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 9449 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yes, indeed, Bishops Finger! May you have increasingly good health!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Absolutely, BF. [Yipee]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Yes BF [Votive]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Thank you, one and all! Prayers of friends IRL, and aboard Ship, have been (and are still) much appreciated.

IJ

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016