homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017 (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Praise and Thanksgiving - 2017
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you!

Yes, the tag line will indeed have to be changed...in due course...hmmm....

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8879 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations, Bishop’s Finger on new licence. Even more congratulations on the seizure free year which has enabled the new licence.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9356 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining in the general - or should that be episcopalian - congratulations, BF!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1358 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you!

Yes, the freedom from seizures (they were Not Agreeable At All) is a blessing, albeit tempered by the side-effects of the meds, but hey ho...

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8879 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

...and dropping in again to report that, following recent tests and new medication, my hypertension has been reduced (150 over 82 this morning!).

[Yipee]

Yes, I know that top line is still a bit high, but it's better than 200 over 115 at the last check...and hypertension does run in my family (thanks, Ma).

[Ultra confused]

O praise God and His angels and saints for the National Health Service, which is treating me so well and efficiently!

IJ

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The good news is that I don't have Parkinson's disease. On the other hand (well, both hands) I have drug-induced Parkinsonism, caused by 40+ years on anti-convulsants, and that won't improve.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23939 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not good news for you but perhaps better than you were expecting. [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] SS [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19415 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wodders, that cantankerous old b****r, seems to be on the mend.

Laus Deo! [Yipee]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20399 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What great news!

On to a full recovery WW, [Votive]

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:

Laus Deo! [Yipee]

Wonderful.

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
quote:

Laus Deo! [Yipee]

Wonderful.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12630 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fantastic!!!! [Axe murder]
Posts: 2196 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay!! May it continue to go well, WW!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20706 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great news! Thanks for sharing, Uncle Pete!!! [Big Grin] [Axe murder]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17781 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Laus Deo! [Yipee]

[Axe murder]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9349 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're all dancing naked on the rooftops* in celebration.

*or maybe not.

Posts: 3240 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for letting us know, Pete. May WW's recovery be swift and complete.

[Votive] [Axe murder] [Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19415 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Amen to that. WW, do get back on board as soon as (but no sooner than) you can.

IJ

--------------------

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Here's a toast to cantankerous survivors.

Amen. [Votive]

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10032 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Hooray again, many times over. Such wonderful news relayed by Pete.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A great relief to read this! Shine on you bright and crazy diamond -- WW [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 472 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
While joining the praise for WW's progress [Yipee] , with continuing upholding, there is also ground for rejoicing about our Shippie P's iSurgery (my prayer request of 18 September).

In the meantime, she's even had both (!) 'Windows to the Soul' done - to stay with the 'lectronic image -, and lo and behold, the veil has lifted from both of her eyes.

All is well, and she even enjoys her matinal caffeine intake again.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers! [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7233 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

Thanks for more good news, Wesley.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

How good to hear, not only of healing, but of Efficacious Prayer!

IJ

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Rains! Sydney and pastoral districts very much need it. Much of the state did get some last week but Sydney has had a dry winter overall and has had just 2 mm of rain since the end of August. Forecast to be about 25mm, an inch, to fall here today.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Thanks be to God, my esteemed Cousin R. has found another job, similar to his previous employment.

Great news for him, and for his family!

IJ

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016