homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 1)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here at the beginning of the New Year, now underway in the east, we bring our prayers before God.

Once again I begin with the prayer used for the last few years:

My God, my Creator, my Redeemer, my Love
Spirit pervading all creation, of which I am a part
Spirit which moves within me and unites me to that whole
May we grow towards unity
May we help each other in our daily needs, earthly, spiritual and emotional
May I learn to have compassion for myself and others
May I be open to the promptings of the Spirit
So that we all may live in peace and love and rejoice in the glory of creation.
Let it be so.

[ 31. December 2016, 09:35: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those for whom 2016 was a bit rubbish, that 2017 will be an improvement.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19421 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen. And Amen.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Posts: 1768 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Kelly - she hasn't asked, but deserves it.
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen to that!

For all who haven't asked, but need [Votive]

For all those who've asked as well [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
For peace, especially in Syria (but everywhere else as well).

[Votive]
For those suffering long-term illness of body, mind, or spirit.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8883 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all those for whom no one else will pray, especially on this night. [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1825 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all of us in the new year. May we be safe, and healthy, and happy, and good.

[Votive] for the success of any new year's resolutions by which people are trying to change their lives for the better.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a lovely prayer, WW.

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 473 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11106 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my friend and his mother, in scarily changed circumstances. Last night, the hand of providence was evident from the time of setting out, when due to my needing a comfort stop, we were in position to get a photograph of a beautiful sunset for the end of the last day.
The evening went quite well, and I was beginning to come to the conclusion that visits could be repeated, even if they involved wall to wall catchup of Coronation Street.
But my friend's mother was getting drowsy and less capable, and when my friend suggested that she might want to follow her doctor's advice and go to A&E (ER) because of the way the antibiotics she was taking for her legs were affecting her generally, she was happy the suggestion had been made. (She has responded badly to antibiotics before in a similar way.)
Before she left the house, she wet herself, which has never happened before, and which she explains by not wanting to use the stairs to the toilet during the evening.
We drove to the hospital nearest her home, where she has been before, and they immediately put her ahead of the queue, and eventually in a cubicle to be seen by the doctor, having discussions about ward bed space.
By then, it was about 4 o'clock, and the two of them insisted that I return home the 20 odd miles, with the proviso that I phone their home number as soon as I got back, so that they knew that I had not fallen asleep or been involved in an accident with New Year traffic, and that my friend would phone my mobile with a message about what had happened after I left when he could. His mobile had a flat battery.
I duly phoned in, but haven't had a message back yet. (9 o'clock)
If I had not agreed to their coming to my place, getting to hospital when she needed it could have been difficult, and my friend was glad I was there for the time that I could be, so I see it as intentional that things worked out like this. If she had been at home, the state she had got into could have looked just like needing to catch up on sleep.

I am, naturally, worried about what is going on, and what is needed next, and praying for a positive outcome.

And would like some proper sleep. There was a lot of caffeine in the waiting room machine latte. Needed at the time.

I hope this isn't too long for a prayer request, but I didn't know where else to put it.

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all that have requested prayers, and those that need our prayers and cannot ask.
Penny S. I'm glad your friend's mother is being seen in hospital, maybe this is the start for something being properly sorted out for her and him. Prayers for you too. As my mother-in law always says 'look after you'.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1902 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Little H, who has a shunt, was rushed to hospital last night. Please pray for little H, and his parents, grandparents, and sibling.
Posts: 6340 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying [Votive]
Posts: 2197 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all, especially Penny's friend's situation. So glad Penny was with him to help make decisions about his mother.
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Penny S., her friend and her friend's mum, and for NEQ's little H.

--------------------

Posts: 19421 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Oh, I didn't help decision making, just enabling them once made.
I heard back about 10 when my friend got home. The hospital had come to no conclusion, but was engaging in tests. He was probably going to get to church. Despite the lack of sleep.
Prayers for H.

[ 01. January 2017, 15:16: Message edited by: Penny S ]

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

For H and all around him [Votive]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5230 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11106 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For what WW said.

For 2017 to be much much much much better than 2016.

For Kelly.

For peace everywhere, especially in Syria.

For healing for those suffering long-term illness.

For all those for whom no-one else will pray.

For all of us in the New Year, may we be safe, happy, healthy and good.

And may we all succeed at our New Year’s resolutions!

For healing for Penny S’ friend’s mother. And for good sleep for Penny.

For healing for Little H, and upholding for his parents, grandparents and sibling.

For me to do what needs to be done.

Aren’t I diligent? I haven’t missed a prayer day since last year!

All the usual stuff for me please, and can we add to “the usual stuff” the removal of tyrants from power and for wise and just leaders to arise in their place.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For diligent Telepath.

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7233 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and prayers of thanksgiving for Telepath's little lists!

May I ask if any of you have a prayer to spare, that the latest offer for the former Château Piglet works out this time? Cheers. [Smile]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a head cold, which would not be such a much except that I had to fly from CA to VA yesterday. Now one of my ears is stopped up and I am nearly deaf on that side. Also it is very uncomfortable, though not exactly painful. Such a tiny passageway, the Eustachian canal, but so much depends upon it! I would appreciate your prayers that it would get itself together and start working right.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5464 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you Mary Louise and Piglet ;-)

For the sale of Château Piglet to go through.

For healing and travelling mercies for Brenda Clough. (Captain Obvious suggests you chew gum during takeoff and landing.)

All the usual stuff for me please, incl. tyrants destroyed.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

[Votive] [Votive]

This is probably one of the monkish hours for prayer.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There you go. My hearing is back. Thank you so much for your prayers!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5464 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good-oh!

Please pray for my Aged Aunt S., matriarch of the family. Frail, yet feisty, she is suffering from the flu-like Dreaded Lurgy, and is clearly not her usual cheerful self...

...and [Votive] for all those facing the New Year with dread.

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8883 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 391 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive] Praying for all here mentioned, those that mention, and those whose prayers are known to the Alimghty alone.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad your ear's sorted itself out, BC - I usually find swallowing and blowing your nose at the same time helps.

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive]

Of your charity, pray for the soul of B., a lady of our parish who has been ill with cancer since God was in short trousers, but who has just been promoted to glory. RIPARIG.

IJ

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2197 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all here.

[Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11631 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016