homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  38  39  40 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would be grateful if some Shipmates would say a prayer for M., a friend and some-time neighbour of mine. She has cancer, has been having treatment for months and months, and has been in and out of hospital - at present, in.

[Votive] for all the intentions mentioned here.

[Votive] Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for M, for healing and peace of mind [Votive]

For all young people in abusive institutions such as the one mentioned by WW [Votive]

For Jengie and her mother [Votive]

For all in need of prayer or just a kindly thought [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 296 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2086 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17584 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11015 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At the risk of courting martyrdom, or at least opprobrious epithets....

[Votive] for the souls of Ian Brady, and Myra Hindley (the Moors Murderers), and for the children they killed, and for the families whose lives they ruined.

What a ghastly mess. Jesu, mercy; Mary, pray.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8044 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No opprobrium from me, BF - they probably need our prayers more than most.

[Votive] for all in need, especially Tobias's M; and for all victims of violence and abuse, especially children.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 18986 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The death was mentioned in the press even down here. [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9073 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48060 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those, like mine, most in need of Thy mercy.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2746 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My dear friend S, who I have written about before, is starting his chemotherapy today for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Please pray.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11556 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] reading [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11015 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48060 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Healing prayers for Nicolemr's friend S [Votive]

Praying through for all mentioned [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Nicolemr and S.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2746 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1776 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Nicole's S.

--------------------

Posts: 18986 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Please pray for the soul of P, who passed away recently (expected, cancer, far too young) and his wife R and family.

[Votive]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

P, R and family [Votive]
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for those in messes......that they would be shown a way either Out...or Through their situations.
[Votive]

Posts: 3074 | From: "....hallelujah for all of my days......" | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] raying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
L, our elder daughter needs some prayer: she and her partner have just had an offer accepted on a house, she has signed up for some vocational training at her own expense and ... it looks like she is going to be made redundant again. On the one hand she has never been out of work for long but this is the first time her commitments have been longer-term. She feels let down by her employer too as she has taken on anything they put on her plate and done it well.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23807 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for M, the very old grandmother of SiL, who died yesterday morning [Votive]

May she rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]

She was in a home for dementia sufferers, had been for years, so a release for her - but SiL and his mother, sister and aunt have had more than enough loss to cope with.
[Votive]

Plus, SiL's mother and stepfather - M's daughter-in-law and nephew - have only just arrived in the States on holiday. Please pray for the correct decision as to informing them.
[Votive]

For all dealing with loss [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1315 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Sioni's L; and for the souls of P. and M.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Adding my prayers too.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9073 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through for all [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17254 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7158 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

For L.
For the soul of M and for all the family.
For all our loved ones who have died.
For all who mourn.
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm going mad on spending - I'm very very lonely...

Please help...

Posts: 2110 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Serious prayers for D again, discharging herself tomorrow to go back home, which is not ready. Her son who feels he must go back tonight, cannot eat another meal here, cannot sleep here, will need to get a train because I am too drowsy to drive that way.

I feel rejected.

[ 22. May 2017, 20:14: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Alex I'm with you in prayer.
[Votive]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Son is now more steady, has eaten and left it too late for the last train. Still have the hospital enabling discharge to inadequate accommodation.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for D, Son, and Penny S in this awful situation.

[Votive] for Alex, and all lonely people.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8044 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  38  39  40 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016