homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all caught up in tonight's event in Manchester, concerned friends & relatives.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3700 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Penny, D. and Alex, and those affected by the explosion in Manchester.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2934 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

I grew up near Manchester and have many friends there - this morning my Facebook was filled with people asking relatives to report in that they are safe.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7253 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For a private intention which I hope might not be private for much longer.
Posts: 6358 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the families of the victims in Manchester. I can't help thinking that some of the victims may have been parents of audience members.
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Out of the depths we cry to you, o Lord.
Lord, hear our voice.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2850 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mark_in_manchester

not waving, but...
# 15978

- Posted      Profile for mark_in_manchester   Email mark_in_manchester   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Prayers for you, Alex. PM me if a boring conversation with another desperate loser (as we all are, without exception) would help [Razz]

I'm shite at spending. I pulled a coin out of my pocket this morning to toss it, to help my girl make a choice, and she looked genuinely astounded and said 'I thought you were going to give me some money'. Maybe you can give me some tips.

--------------------
"We are punished by our sins, not for them" - Elbert Hubbard
(so good, I wanted to see it after my posts and not only after those of shipmate JBohn from whom I stole it)

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] praying [Votive] reading [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mark_in_manchester:
... I'm shite at spending ...

Gosh - I wish I was. [Killing me]

[Votive] for all in need, again especially the people of Manchester.

D's niece and her husband live just outside Manchester, and I sent her an FB message to check that they're OK. She said the arena was across the road from where she used to live.

--------------------

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2850 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Manchester, and this nation as a whole.

For a rather urgent private intention.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3505 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Lord, have mercy.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and Praying
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

Hello Telepath - I was just thinking about you the other day and putting up a wee prayer for you and the Telemum. [Smile]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying through for all [Votive]

Asking for prayers for my friend R who died suddenly on Monday night from pneumonia. A great personal loss.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 491 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
T and R [Votive]
Aijalon
Shipmate
# 18777

- Posted      Profile for Aijalon   Email Aijalon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for peace in Manchester and in Syria
Posts: 200 | From: Kansas City | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged
BabyWombat
Shipmate
# 18552

- Posted      Profile for BabyWombat   Email BabyWombat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In deep thanksgiving for the prayers of so many here for Heather, Robert and their infant son Xavier, who shall at long last go home to learn and grown and play with his older sister. Thanks be to God for such healing, and for this marvelous and caring community spanning the globe in intercession.

--------------------
Let us, with a gladsome mind…..

Posts: 95 | From: US | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

BW that's wonderful news [Axe murder]
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying...for what seems to be our crazy world right now.....
[Votive]

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Xavier and his family, for continued healing, and for MaryLouise and the soul of R.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Giving thanks for the good news and holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BabyWombat:
In deep thanksgiving for the prayers of so many here for Heather, Robert and their infant son Xavier, who shall at long last go home to learn and grown and play with his older sister. Thanks be to God for such healing, and for this marvelous and caring community spanning the globe in intercession.

Many thanks indeed for all that has happened. When Miss M, now in remission, had leukaemia, I was astounded at the spread across the globe of those praying for her.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9452 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for the Coptic Christians killed and injured whilst on a pilgrimage in Egypt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40059307

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
For all victims of violence, and for all those caught up in it's effects.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3092 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Amen [Votive]
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and for the souls of those killed in Egypt, and those who mourn them.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have an update on baby Beaky for whom you kindly prayed back in January.

It's amazing that he is four months old- there have been a lot of hospital visits during this time... His dear parents are exhausted as they have had to fight to get him the help he needs but have thankfully now got some wonderful health practitioners fighting his corner.
We now know he has a visual impairment and some cerebral palsy- the extent of which will only become clear in the future.

For now I request your prayers for the seizures which have been going on for two months- his parents kept saying they thought he was having them and were dismissed. Yesterday a new doctor confirmed they were right and we began the journey of trying to get the medication right so that the seizures are controlled and they all get on with helping him grow and explore his world.
He loves music and being outside so there is a lot waiting for him to discover!

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 664 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

BabyBeaky [Axe murder] [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Baby Beaky and the rest of the Beaky clan.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11657 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive] God bless Baby Beaky.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for BabyBeaky, and all children facing illness and/or disability (I don't like that word, but you, and Our Blessed Lord, know what I mean).

[Votive] for myself, learning to cope with a form of Addison's Disease (resulting from last year's brain surgery). I'm so tired of feeling so tired so much...and it's rousing the Black Dog.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

BF [Votive]

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016