homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  53  54  55 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for discernment and peace of mind for Abigail.

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 469 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7232 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I feel exhausted and am really worried about something at work tomorrow and something I haven't done. The exhaustion has been building over weeks / months. There is objective evidence (partly provided by management) that my workload has been too high, but management seems to be trying to persuade me that it's not that bad rather than acknowledging that the size of my workload means things have got to give. FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3079 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11103 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, and especially for Zoey's bosses to see a bit of sense.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19402 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Abigail [Votive]
For Zoey [Votive]
For all those who've asked [Votive]
And those they've asked for [Votive]
Those with no one to ask for [Votive]
And those with no one ask for them [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

[Votive]

Zoey, in social work 'twas ever thus and an extra [Votive] for effective management of caseloads.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Zoey who needs a holiday urgently and to have her workload adjusted [Votive]

Praying through for all [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11103 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Aged Aunt S. Finger, for continued healing.

For the souls of Sioni’s F., and BF’s J.

For Golden Key’s homeless friend… for a home. For a solution to the San Francisco housing crisis.

For Golden Key’s health, general upholding, and private intentions, and for this year to be much more peaceful and stable and wonderful for Golden Key and for all of us.

For Abigail to find a solution to her church situation. For guidance.

For Bishops Finger’s Father F***wit to get a clue.

For all affected by the cold weather across Europe, especially those who aren’t used to it.

For Zoey to get the to-do list under control as well as her emotions. For her management to see reason and actually help Zoey instead of blaming her.

For Piglet.

For all who are sleeping rough.

For neandergirl. For those with no one to ask for, and those with no one to ask for them.

Okay I really need some documentation from somebody who is not obligated to provide it, but I don’t think it’s asking too much of them and I REALLY WISH they would do it. I hate having to chase this stuff up and I hate people who just ghost on me instead of giving a straight answer. But in this case I want the straight answer to be “yes”, and right away please, kthx.

For banning of the Finance Monster. I thought I was doing really well, then I had a setback which negated my progress.

For me to stick to my plans generally.

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Telepath - for success in all things [Votive]

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the soul of my friend Pam, who died today. I believe she has sisters living so for their comfort, and the comfort of friends especially Joy. Pam and I have known each other for over 20 years. We worked together at Boeing, and we used to play penny whistle trios with another friend (who has also passed). She was Catholic but I don't know if she's going to have a funeral mass. All is still up in the air, obviously. Also pray for me. I'm just barely holding it together about my Dad, and now this.

--------------------
God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. --Acts 10:28

Posts: 62986 | From: Ecotopia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Asking for prayers for all those who have lost property or livestock in the latest wildfires raging across the Paarl Valley near Cape Town.

For Pam, may her soul rest in peace.

Praying through [Votive]

[ 11. January 2017, 06:33: Message edited by: MaryLouise ]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Mousethief, and for the soul of Pam.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Posts: 19402 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all above.

And perhaps for me, too, for the third tooth in a row, a premolar, has lost its filling. The dentist is not sure it can be saved, and if it goes, I won't be able to chew properly on the right. Just one molar in isolated state above the lower ones. I'm having to wait till next week for work on it, and the stopping I put in it fell out at the next meal. Which would be OK if the replacement packs were findable, having fallen foul of the rapid tidy preceding friend's mother coming for Christmas.

The next tooth, an incisor, doesn't have the same sort of filling, so may be safe from the Penxit party.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all, and especially Penny S (and her dentist - may s/he be given extra-special skill and dexterity!).

Please also hoist up a quick prayer for me - I'm dependent now on regular dosings of hydro-cortisone, and have run out (forgot to renew the prescription in time). The local pharmacy has them on order (I'm their only customer for h-c), but I might have to go 24-36 hours without. It's unlikely, but I could, in theory, have an Addison's Crisis, after a couple of hours of which I could go into a coma..... [Help]

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8839 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can you try A&E?

On the filling of tooth number two, I heard the other dentist (the one whose a friend) mutter to his assistant "I don't know what to do".

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I feel myself 'going off', I shall indeed call 999, but I hope it won't come to that.... [Paranoid]

Continuing [Votive] for your dentists!

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8839 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lighten our darkness, we beseech Thee, o Lord.
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For mousethief's Pam. RIP.

For Penny S' teeth.

For Bishops Finger's adrenal glands.

Got the letter! Now all I need is a heart, a brain, the nerve

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

My old friend E. died last night.

You may remember my mentioning him in a prayer request late last year. It seemed at that time that he had only a few days left, but his condition became more stable and he was able to spend a little while longer with his family, and to have Christmas with them, which was a blessing.

[Votive] for E., that he may come to the fullness of life, and peace, and joy.
[Votive] for consolation and courage for his wife and family.

[Votive] for all of us, and for all the requests made here.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Tobias' friend E and E's family. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

For all those living with the threat of wildfires.

For the bereaved

Asking for prayers for my friend PD who is experiencing severe panic attacks and has no idea what is causing them

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for the soul of E and of all our departed loved ones, including F, the beloved mother of a friend, whose first anniversary of death was yesterday.

May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Praying also for those who mourn both recent and past losses.

And praying for all affected by the breakdown of long-term relationships.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Amen and Amen.

Meds arrived OK - all is well (and congrats to Telepath for knowing about Addison's)!

[Votive] for all in need...

IJ

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Glad to hear that!

Third attempt at temporary stopping has dropped out. And I've lost track of my cache of the stuff!

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
In my first post of the new year could I ask you to pray for me as I try to work out what to do about my church situation? ...

Thank you for your prayers. I still don't know what to do so continued prayers would be appreciated...

Last week I had a chat with the vicar of the church I think I would probably go to if I left my church. I told him a bit about my situation and he listened, and was sympathetic. I also discovered that the new curate at that church is someone I used to know slightly and she recognised me straight away and came over to say hello. That all seems encouraging, but the situation is made more complicated by the fact that I have agreed to take on a job at my current church that I really don't want to do (I thought it would help me to become more involved again but it's just making me feel very stressed) and if I walk away from that I'll be letting everybody down.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 483 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

quote:
...if I walk away from that I'll be letting everybody down.

I'm not sure that this is true, you will rather be giving them the chance to find someone who is a better fit for the job.

[Votive]

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive]

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

[Votive]

quote:
...if I walk away from that I'll be letting everybody down.

I'm not sure that this is true, you will rather be giving them the chance to find someone who is a better fit for the job.

[Votive]

Abigail, you have my prayers and my sympathies, having been in this position myself. And from that experience, I endorse what WW said. It's almost certainly less traumatic for them to find someone else to do the job than it is for you to keep on doing it.

Moving church, on the other hand, can be like hitting an iceberg. It feels unremarkable and smooth and then you suddenly find that something innocuous sets off a complex explosion of emotions.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2117 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Abigail [Votive]

Praying through [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Abigail, my Meeting was short of a Treasurer, and they asked me. I was very dubious, but thought, and prayed about it, and when I met the person who had asked me while I was on holiday in Cornwall, I agreed. I had, for a number of external reasons, been feeling unhappy where I was, and was hoping this would help to get me back in.
For a while, it was fine, though the original Treasurer did not hand over the spreadsheet that had been used. Then I needed to reconcile everything, and I found I had a difference in the accounts. I searched and searched, and had no help because the previous T was busy with another set of accounts, and dismissive.
Finally, I had to pluck up my courage, and apologetically explain the situation to the Meeting, how I felt bad about letting them down, and hand the books over. The person who took over soon found the missing amount, and no-one was critical of me.
As I wasn't leaving the Meeting, the situation wasn't the same, but owning up to having taken on too much turned out not to be a problem.
I would suggest you do so, and see what the reaction is. It may help you to make up your mind about the path you are meant to follow.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would appreciate your prayers for my annual appraisal today Friday, 13th (!) [Paranoid] , at 14.30 GMT.

Thank you!

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7232 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

May the appraisal Go Well!

Even though you know everything's OK, these events are still worry-making.... [Ultra confused]

Abigail - what others have said.

[Votive]

IJ

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for everyone in the path of the likely floods in eastern England. Amongst the places for which severe flood warnings have been issued are Great Yarmouth which I know well, Lowestoft and Jaywick, near Clacton, which was devastated in the 1953 floods.

[Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 23926 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mad Cat
Shipmate
# 9104

- Posted      Profile for Mad Cat   Email Mad Cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying [Votive]

Please pray for my pupil D, the unhappy boy. His behaviour is escalating, and he has been aggressive and unco-operative since he came back from his holiday. I don't think this child has enough love at home. He's so sad, and finds relating to others very difficult. Lord, help him please. No-one here seems to be doing anything for him.

Please also pray for Bro Cat the Younger, my wee bro who I got to spend Christmas with along with the rest of the family in Sydney. He's not happy, and there are sad silences between him and the rest of us. Lord, I want him to be happy, please?

Amen [Votive]

--------------------
Weird and sweary.

Posts: 1841 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

For everyone [Votive]
And for the folk in Jaywick who seem to be reluctant to be evacuated.

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying through...

[Votive] and for the homeless shelters in our city to miraculously discover a way to increase their capacity tonight. It's really very cold indeed.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Penny and her dentist, Abigail, Wesley for his assessment and those likely to be affected by the storms in eastern England (which could include D's mum, although she's not quite on the coast).

Also for the soul of Tobias' E - may he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So glad to be part of this community.

Our youngest daughter (who conceived after having been told it was highly unlikely after having had chemotherapy) had an emergency c section today. There were huge complications and both she and her baby boy are in high dependency units waiting to be transferred to a large London teaching hospital.
We have just returned home to sleep after being with them today.
We will rejoin them all tomorrow.
All prayers and good wishes gratefully received.

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 658 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  53  54  55 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016