homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  61  62  63 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Mrs B
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] MrsB's family
[Votive] for all those posting
[Votive] for those posted about
[Votive] for all in need

--------------------
Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 NIV
We come from love, we return to love, and all around is love.
Lord, ease our burdens, give us peace and enable us to do your work. Tree Bee

Posts: 2579 | From: 21218 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all of us, and for the prayers we make.

Last year I asked for prayers for a test I was about to take, only to have it postponed because I turned out not yet to be eligible for it. Many of you kindly prayed at the time that I would do well when I took it, whenever that might be. I am pleased to say that I took it yesterday and passed!

Thank you for your prayers - for this and my other requests. Like MrsBeaky, I'm glad to be part of this community.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Congratulations Tobias! [Yipee]

Prayers ascending for Mrs. B., her daughter and the baby.

[Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19781 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great news , Tobias. Just catching up too, so prayers for Mrs Beaky, her daughter and the baby.

[ 14. January 2017, 03:14: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9520 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding all of us in the living, loving Light - especially the Beaky clan - and a Well Done to Tobias.

[Votive]

[Also glad to be part of this little gang.]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daughter and baby arrived safely at the new hospital in separate ambulances. Daughter's wonderful husband travelled with the baby.
Daughter is no longer in need of high dependency unit but is still quite unwell from all she went through to get the baby out.
The decision was taken in the night to intubate the baby so that he can be given morphine as he is in great pain. He appears to be very strong-just like his mother!

Your prayers are very much appreciated.

[ 14. January 2017, 05:57: Message edited by: MrsBeaky ]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 673 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for your prayers for the appraisal, which went amazingly smoothly in most parts - more on the Praise thread.

Again, as others say above, it is good to entrust oneself (and others) to your prayers.

Thanks be to God. [Angel]

[Votive] for the Beakys, Great and Small
[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7275 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
[Votive] for the Beakys, Great and Small
[Votive] for all

Yea and amen, and glad to hear the appraisal went well. [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 19781 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For my friend and his mother again. He has said to her that he really needs help from the agencies that offer that sort of thing. She has rejected this in no uncertain terms. Not going into details, but he feels threatened. Because she has made threats.
He feels that the house is evil, not with spooky shapes and poltergeist activity, but bringing out anger in its occupants.
Serious prayer is required, I think.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11164 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for the little baby and his parents and all medical staff involved..

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

- Posted      Profile for neandergirl   Email neandergirl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all [Votive]

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Of your charity, please pray for L, a young man who used to attend our church and worked with our puppet group. He came into Mr S's food bank on Friday. There are allegations of drug dealing, whether true or no I have no idea, but he has had a difficult childhood and is now in a very sad place. These poor children...

For L [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1397 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord, save your people
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2887 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have just heard that our daughter and the baby have both deteriorated during the night.
Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

May all who read and post on this thread know themselves held in the love of God.
[Votive]

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7275 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

The Beaky young. [Votive] [Votive]
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all in the Beaky family [Votive]
For all that need prayer, specially those that feel they cannot ask.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1951 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am going to the church and it is wet as I go. And they have many more people and i was told not to speek as they do it. I fix now to did things.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11164 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive] Extra prayers for the Beaky family.

--------------------

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all here and especially for the Beaky family this morning [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 486 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] The Beaky family (lit a candle in church this morning too)
Posts: 6379 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] the Beakys, and for those caring for them.

[Votive] for all sick children everywhere.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 9473 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4224 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially the Beakys.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Mrs Beaky and family [Votive]

For G having brain tumour surgery today. [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5239 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17868 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19999 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

[Votive] For the Beaky family
[Votive] For G
[Votive] For all

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for G. May the t****r be completely removed, with no side effects, and be proven to be non-malignant.

(Been there, seen the video, got the T-shirt etc. etc.).

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 9473 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Prayers for the Beaky family. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Help. Usual. Friend at wits' end in my living room. Friend's mother feeling miserable in my kitchen.
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Now having quiet argument about situation, but with no chance of either side coming to any conclusion. It's like Jerusalem.

He states he cannot cope.

I don't know how to deal with this.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

For Penny S.

[Votive]

LORD, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

IJ

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11689 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Tree Bee's G. and Penny S. and her friend.

Penny, is there any professional advice available to your friend - doctor, local social work department or whatever?

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

Thanks for the prayers. It got worse. Then better, after I had started to storm out of my own home! Continued support definitely needed for both friend and mother, who is playing host to a WUM alternative personality. She cannot stop, even when it is apparent she is causing distress.

I have imitated a mutual friend of friend and myself, who I put up in the spare room of my previous home after the 1987 hurricane ripped the roof off his mobile home. He said Compline each night, and when he left, the odd feeling that had been hanging around there for no apparent reason (not there when I moved in) had gone. I fished out my prayer book and did likewise.

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

[Votive] Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the Beaky family [Votive]

For G [Votive]

For Penny S [Votive]

For a special intention [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 524 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

Penny S, I am from the Radical Non-Interventionist school of social work where, with adults, my response tends to be along the lines of:

You're both adults, sort yourselves out!

Sadly it doesn't work as easily as it sounds but it an be a great basis for minimal intervention.

--------------------

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

Thank you for your prayers.

Daughter has stabilised and the baby has survived more invasive procedures and is stable within an intensive care understanding of that word.
Concerned for daughter and husband as they have been and are going through immense trauma.

May not be able to check SoF for a few days so for now thank you and
[Votive] for us all

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

I have provided lists of support services for carers and specifically people with dependents with compulsive hoarding in his area.
My sister, long ago, in another context, pointed out that when it comes to dealing with parents, adults can't quite get to be adults.

Mrs Beaky, I'm so glad to read of the improvements.

[ 16. January 2017, 08:33: Message edited by: Penny S ]

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all the Beaky family

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1397 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Mrs S:
[Votive] for all the Beaky family

[Votive] Amen

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 371 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
neandergirl

Opposing the thumb
# 8916

For the Beaky family to have continued improvement [Votive]
((Penny)) [Votive]
Praying for one and all [Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  61  62  63 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016