homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 44)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  54  55  56 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for Jengie J’s friend S, that he gets the treatment he needs [Votive]

A child’s death is always heartbreaking. Prayers for cliffdweller and R’s family. [Votive]

For the Telemum

For LC’s T

For Rosswesse’s Arminta

For a spirit of diplomacy and reconciliation to prevail over escalating tensions in global politics [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 473 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding us all in the living, loving Light.

[Votive]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord hold us in troubled times [Votive]
Posts: 2200 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all the intentions here and those known only to God. And for peace, especially for peace.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Today my orthopedist used a gigantic needle to suck bad stuff out of my knee. He also injected a steroid. (I am squeamish, so I didn't watch while he did this, but he told me what he was doing.) My prayer is that this will actually work, so I can walk again.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5473 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19964 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooh, BC [Waterworks] [Votive]
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was not so bad -- I lay back and thought of England.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5473 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And managed not to roll about, helpless with laughter, whilst thinking of our poor, damp, little island?

Well done!

(Hope the knee is soon better, BTW)

[Votive]

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8920 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11107 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

[Votive]

Brenda - I can't watch needles at all, I totally identify with the squeam!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Brenda's knee to heal [Votive]

Praying through for all [Votive]

For wisdom and discernment in volatile times [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2822 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen. Lord, have mercy on us all.

[Votive]

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8920 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] roding [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11107 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for the two people (that I know of) who caused severe delays due to "a track incident" on the Tube yesterday and today. For them and their families and loved ones [Votive]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13491 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Niteowl

Hopeless Insomniac
# 15841

- Posted      Profile for Niteowl   Email Niteowl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying.

Haven't posted in a while and reading has been as I can. After caring for my mother the past few years she passed away a couple of months ago. My health has been declining over the past year and have been in hospital the past 2 weeks. In addition my insurance was just cancelled. Would appreciate prayers.

--------------------
"The Puritan's idea of hell is a place where everybody has to mind his own business." ~ Wendell Phillips, attributed

Posts: 2425 | From: U.S. | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so sorry! [Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 19964 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Niteowl [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Praying for Niteowl and the soul of Niteowl's mother, for all the sick, especially those who don't know how they're going to pay for treatment, for those who care for the sick.

Praying too for those involved in the incidents on the tube on Wednesday evening and yesterday and for their families.

Please could I ask for your prayers for the soul of my cousin D who would be 45 today except he died in January. Prayers too for his mum, dad, sister, wife and children.

Lord, hear us.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Niteowl especially, but all others as well... [Votive] [Votive]
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Please continue to pray for my Cousin R., threatened with the loss of his job, and facing some nasty health issues, too.

Also [Votive] for A., who has Buerger's Disease. He's lost both legs, and now his hands are becoming affected. He's only 34.

Thanks.

IJ

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Niteowl [Votive]

For all who are heavy laden [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5230 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name.

Arminta has been released from hospital, and sent to the skilled nursing section of her residence. It sounds as though she won't be able to return to her lovely apartment in the independent section, but she should make it to assisted living soon.

My current lower back pain seems to be caused by a fractured sacrum (cause uncertain), not the cancer. I'll take it.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14651 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For EM’s D. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

For BF’s cousin R. May he find job security and healing.

For BF’s A, who needs healing and fortitude.

For Rossweisse’s Arminta, adjusting to a new living environment.

For Rossweisse.

Asking for prayers for discernment in a tough work decision.

Prayers for world peace.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For a heartfelt private intention [Votive]
Posts: 6341 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7233 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1360 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reating [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Thanks for prayers for Cousin R. - I should have mentioned that he is in an ongoing fight with his employers re his job, and it may go to court (please God that doesn't happen, as the stress may be too much for him).

[Votive] for all caught up in difficult employment situations.

IJ

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for the on-going situation in Charlottesville. [Frown] [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11631 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nicolemr:
Prayers for the on-going situation in Charlottesville. [Frown] [Votive]

Ahh-men.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Penny S.

For Erroneous' Father A, and all in ministry.

For Bishops Finger's father A. Also for Mother Finger, may her memory be eternal.

For Baby Beaky and for upholding of all the Beakies.

For ArachnidinElmet's Fathers T and S.

For Lothlorien's family.

For the Chopped family including T.

For Rossweisse, for healing.

For WW's Mike and Mike.

For MaryLouise.

For resolution in K's favour.

For Arminta.

For a stop to this geopolitical shitshow. My rage knows no bounds.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

For Brenda Clough, for healing.

For the two people know to Curiosity and for their families and loved ones.

Oh, Niteowl. For Mother Owl, may she rest in peace and rise in glory. For Niteowl's healing, and for the elimination of all financial difficulties.

For all involved in Wednesday's tube incident.

For the soul of Erroneous' cousin D, and for comfort for all who mourn D.

For healing and job security for Bishops Finger's R. For healing for A.

For discernment for Mary Louise.

For North East Quine's private intention.

For Charlottesville. JESUS de profundis clamo ad te

One of my three hoped-for yeses was a no, I am not proud of my reaction to it and pray for wisdom and discerment and another thing I probs shouldn't be praying for...

For the Telemum.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Giving thanks for Telepath and her invaluable ministry.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Votive]

For all the personal, family, national and international issues voiced here.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Telepath's ministry and her own prayers [Votive]

For Charlottesville

[Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Charlottesville, [Votive]
That Trump has more discretion about who is responsible, [Votive]
Everyone else here. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

[ 13. August 2017, 11:58: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive] for America, and for the many millions of US citizens who do not support hatred, racism, terrorism etc.

[Votive] for all Christians (whether in the US or elsewhere) willing to show their opposition to all that is evil.

IJ

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Joining you in prayers for peace. And praying for all the intentions here and those known only to God. And for all my Shipmates, that the Love in our prayers for each other might fill us with hope in these difficult times.

Today I was sponsor/godmother for S, who received baptism, confirmation, and Jesus in the form of Holy Communion at Mass today. Please pray for her.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Erroneous' S.

For a private intention.

ABOLISH NAZIS

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3502 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

Husband has shingles (for second time!) and is refusing to see doctor until he does a zillion other things first. Not sure whether to put this here or in Hell. [Votive] [Mad]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through for all [Votive]

For LC and husband with shingles [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  54  55  56 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016