homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 46)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7253 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for iGeek and any other Texas and Louisiana Shipmates who will have to deal with Hurricane Harvey. Some places may get 40 inches of rain as Harvey sticks around until Wednesday, which is atypical of hurricanes. The storm surge will also be horrible, up to twelve feet.

Praying for a miracle for all. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17826 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] paying [Votive] seading [Votive] and i go to the church at 10 and i wike at it.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and Praying [Votive] [Votive]
Praying for anyone at the mercy of extreme weather [Votive]

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Praying for those within range of Harvey.

[Votive] Praying for justice and the rule of law to be maintained.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14683 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying through for all [Votive]

Especially for those in the path of Harvey [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 491 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pictures of very nasty damage on news tonight. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9452 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all that need our prayers,specially those that feel they cannot ask.
Could I ask for prayers for my friend T? His wife died last year and he has their wedding anniversary, her birthday and the first anniversary of her death coming up shortly and he is getting overwhelmed by it all.
Also for me to have more patience with my mother. She is struggling to maintain her independence as the mental and physical frailties of old age hit and I'm finding it hard to support her.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1921 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Hugal’s mum, for healing. For upholding for Hugal’s sister.

For Ethne Alba to get those things done.

For Lothlorien’s step-grandson, for healing.

For Arminta, for healing. (Standing prayers for Rossweisse’s healing.)

For iGeek and for all Shipmates in Harvey’s path. Also came here specifically to pray for a friend of mine because I know her street is flooded. She still wasn’t fully repaired after Hurricane Ike last I visited, and now this.

For daisymay.

For justice and the rule of law to be maintained.

For Sarasa’s T. May he be comforted. Also, for upholding for Sarasa and her mother.

The electric company have raised our bill to unsustainable amounts (as in, 25% of my monthly income). They have been overcharging for 3 months, but the Telemum (who receives the bill) only just noticed it when she opened a letter thanking us for asking them to change the DD amount (we didn't, but I certainly agree a thank-you note is in order).

We can't talk to them until Tuesday and if this continues, we'll be wiped out financially in short order. [Mad]

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3505 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And I forgot to mention that Problem Cat came in injured this morning. He is limping and seems to be in a lot of pain over a large area of his body; I wonder if he was hit by a car. Prayers that this improves on its own before Tuesday, when the vet opens.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

And again for an online acquaintance who has just expressed suicidal thoughts... Oy.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all those currently homeless in Houston and those facing further flooding [Votive]

For Telepath and Problem Cat [Votive]

For discernment in a business venture, the kind of thing I often do badly [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the people of Houston, and of surrounding areas hit by extreme flooding .
[Votive]

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3092 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Sarasa, her mum and T.; and Telepath, the Telemum and Problem Cat.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name.

[Votive] For a colleague who is being shoved into too-early retirement by an unscrupulous and otherwise unpleasant man. [Mad]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple of days late, but [Votive] for the souls of those killed or injured in the infamous Warrenpoint Ambush in Northern Ireland on August 27th, 1979.

A member of our congo was in the Army medical corps that cleared up the remains of the dead.

[Votive] for him, and for all affected by the atrocities of war or civil unrest, then and now.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

D. knew the family of one of the victims of the Warrenpoint attack; he was a young soldier who'd sort of fallen into military service because his family expected it of him (his father had been a soldier as well). Tragic waste of a young life.

[Votive] for all in need, and for all who give up their lives for their country.

--------------------

Baker
Shipmate
# 18458

- Posted      Profile for Baker   Email Baker   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayer's for Robyn. God will know who she is. Her cancer treatments have failed and she has signed into hospice care. She's only in her upper sixties, just a little older than me. Her husband, children, and grandchildren will miss her sorely.

--------------------
Ad astra per aspera

Posts: 107 | From: Tottering-on-the-Brink | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Prayers for Robyn (whose situation sounds perilously close to my own) -

[Votive] Prayers for Houston, for all people (and animals) in need -

[Votive] Prayers for all.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Please pray for the repose of the soul of Agnes, found unexpectedly dead while on holiday on Monday, and for her husband, Bob. She was a major force in local theater here, and worked extensively with prisoners, bringing the arts to unexpected places. She will be sorely missed.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Gill H

Shipmate
# 68

- Posted      Profile for Gill H     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for Shipmate Janine, for successful surgery and speedy healing.

--------------------
Searching for a new sig...

Posts: 9141 | From: London | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please hold in the Light my dear friend, WW, whose eyes are very troubling. He can neither read, nor use the internet, nor watch the cricket.

(Our friendship predates the Ship by some years, but anyone on the prayer thread and All Saints knows him. This post is with his permission and at his request, both)

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20414 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 12666 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Prayers for Robyn [Votive]

Prayers for shipmate Janine [Votive]

Prayers for WW and his troubled sight [Votive]

To quote WW's beautiful prayer on this thread:
Holding us all in the living, loving Light. [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Diomedes
Shipmate
# 13482

- Posted      Profile for Diomedes   Email Diomedes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WW's prayer was so important to me when my husband had serious eye problems - loving light in the cruel darkness was suck a powerful image. I will pray for WW. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
Posts: 115 | From: Essex England | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for WW and his sight.
For all who need our prayers and cannot ask.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1921 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Robyn, Janine and WW.

As I'm someone whose eyesight leaves much to be desired, he has my utmost sympathy.

[ 30. August 2017, 15:26: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Praying for all requests. Love to WW whose posts I very much enjoy reading.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for healing and strength [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5232 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for my friend, B, who will be starting chemo and/or radiotherapy soon. Just diagnosed, early days.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3700 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and it was in the church

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Please hold in the Light my dear friend, WW, whose eyes are very troubling. He can neither read, nor use the internet, nor watch the cricket.

(Our friendship predates the Ship by some years, but anyone on the prayer thread and All Saints knows him. This post is with his permission and at his request, both)

Thanks Pete. Have been kicking myself that I did not ask him when I first heard of more problems with WW's sight some time ago.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9452 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Particular prayers from us for WW,

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6718 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For W W and all who have posted here that we may know that we are held in Love

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 664 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What MrsBeaky said [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1379 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7253 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all. Dear Lord, so many needs...

Jesu, mercy. Mary, pray.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9168 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I went to the church and it was good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying.....
[Votive]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holding WW in the living, loving Light.

Continuing to pray for Baby Beaky.

Posts: 6358 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Helen-Eva
Shipmate
# 15025

- Posted      Profile for Helen-Eva   Email Helen-Eva   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kenya's Supreme Court has just annulled the presidential election results. Kenyan elections tend to get violent. Please pray for the people of Kenya that they manage to get through whatever happens next without anyone killing anyone.

--------------------
I thought the radio 3 announcer said "Weber" but it turned out to be Webern. Story of my life.

Posts: 621 | From: London, hopefully in a theatre or concert hall, more likely at work | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016