homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 49)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For C, the A family, and all who loved her.

[Votive] My friend Jane's pain is better, and she's due to be released from hospital today. She still has a long road ahead, though.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14548 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] abd i want in the church today.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11076 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Jane; for the soul of C. and for all those who knew and loved her; and for the soul of Baker's father.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19244 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9274 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7215 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

as noted upthread, 7 month old grandbaby's angioplasty is tomorrow. Prayers appreciated.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 10870 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Prayers ascending for grandbaby, medical personnel, et al.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2172 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for C, American husband of a young friend, S. C landed in Dublin this morning on his way to the Midlands and was refused entry into the UK. He has a 5 month visa and will be staying with S and her mother. The customs officials reckoned he didn't have enough money for 5 months. By the time a copy of the wedding certificate could be faxed through, the decision had been taken to send him to Chicago. He's been told he can come back but to fly direct to Heathrow.
Due to circumstances, C & S have spent very little of their married life together.
Please pray that this mess can be sorted out quickly.

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3262 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers ascending, St. G. Immigration officials can be the most awful jobsworths, as we discovered when trying to get into Canada. I hope they can get sorted out very soon.

[Votive] for them and all others in need.

--------------------

Posts: 19244 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I was in the church and it was good,

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11076 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
...Please pray that this mess can be sorted out quickly.

That sounds like INS at its worst. I am so sorry. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For all those caught up in the 'terrorist incident' on the District Line this morning...

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4582 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Phelan, who has died of cancer just before his fifth birthday.

[Votive]

Posts: 3238 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Words are inadequate , [Votive]
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1807 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reagiy [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
For Phelan, who has died of cancer just before his fifth birthday.

Words are indeed inadequate. May angels sing him to his rest. [Tear]

[Votive] for his family and all who mourn him; for all caught up in the incident in London; and for all others in need, danger or necessity.

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for the family of little baby P-- such a tragedy.

Praying for those affected by the terror attacks.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Thank you for your prayers for my baby granddaughter. It was a very very long day-- we arrived at 6 am for 8:15 am surgery, having stopped all feeds at 1 am. The prior surgery went long, pushing baby Cliffie's surgery back an hour-- then several emergencies pushed it back another four hours. By the time she went into surgery she hadn't had any food for nearly 12 hours and was pretty darn hangry! But the procedure went very well and yielded very good news that bodes well for her next open heart surgery in Nov. She finally got her feed at 6 pm-- then Mr. Cliffdweller walked the hospital halls with her until she fell asleep. Off to bed now finally after a very long day. Thankful for the prayers of so many kind friends.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 10870 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That St Gwladys’ C & S may be able to live together in the UK [Votive]

For little Phelan and all who loved him. May he rest in peace and rise in glory. [Votive]

For cliffdweller’s granddaughter [Votive]

For London [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 439 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For MaryLouise’s business venture.

For those currently homeless in the wake of the recent hurricanes, and those facing further flooding.

For Sarasa, her mum, and T.

For Rossweisse’s colleague, for Arminta, and for Jane.

For the souls of those killed or injured in the Warrenpoint Ambush. For Bishops Finger’s congregation member and for all affected by the atrocities of war or civil unrest. For Piglet’s D.

For Baker’s Robyn, may her memory be eternal. For Robyn’s husband, children and grandchildren, her congregation and all who mourn her.

For the repose of the soul of Rossweisse’s Agnes. For upholding for Agnes’ husband Bob.

For healing for Janine.

For WW, for the restoration of his sight.

For healing for Sipech’s B.

For daisymay.

For Baby Beaky.

For the people of Kenya, for peace. For MrsBeaky’s Kenyan colleagues and friends.

For the repose of the soul of Cardinal Murphy-O’Connor.

For Zoey, for restoration of wholeness with herself and her friends.

For upholding for Pigwidgeon’s M, and healing for M’s family members.

For Daughtermr.

For Lia.

For jedijudy and the hurricane.

For Ethne Alba, for healing.

For Golden Key’s health, upholding, and private intentions.

For those displaced by the fires near Cape Town.

For cliffgranddaughter, for healing.

For healing for Mili’s R. For upholding for M. For healing for Mili’s grandfather.

For those still suffering the effects of 9/11.

And what Golden Key said.

For comfort for Baker on the anniversary of the loss of his father. For all drivers everywhere to drive a bit better.

For North East Quine’s A family in the loss of C. May C’s memory be eternal.

For St. Gwladys’ C to be able to get home.

For all affected by the bombing on the District line yesterday.

For Ferijen’s Phelan, Lord have mercy.

For the family of baby P.

For the Telemum.

I really really really need certain applications to be granted, thanks.

I’m making gradual progress but I seem to be continually wrestling with my own executive functioning. But I had a really good day today and I wish every day could be at least this good.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3500 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the summary, O Telepath! And may you continue to make good progress... [Votive]

And [Votive] for all on this thread, for needs and concerns spoken and unspoken.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 8525 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tchah! Missed a bit...

...and may Telepath's applications be granted.

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 8525 | From: With The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying...Telepath, bless you ....
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For Telepath's intentions, and for all those she listed.

[Votive] For peace in St. Louis, where the "not guilty" verdict in a case of a (white) police officer killing a (black) drug dealer has led to some not-peaceful demonstrations.

[Votive] For all.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially for the continuing improvement of Baby Cliffdweller, and for the people of St. Louis, for peace.

And for Telepath, bless her cotton socks! [Smile]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Yes, it's bad in St. Louis. At least it's not as bad as it was with the Michael Brown case, but the demonstrations have turned violent, and people have been injured. Pray that the peaceful demonstrators prevail. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Telepath [Votive]

For St Louis [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Mili

Shipmate
# 3254

- Posted      Profile for Mili   Email Mili   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all especially for the families of young C. and Phelan as they grieve the loss of their relatives so much earlier than they would have hoped. Praying for Cliffie - thanks for the successful operation and prayers for the further surgery ahead.

My friend R. finally started breathing on his own yesterday and has been moved off intensive care. He needs more surgery for skin grafts and is still not too well, but is definitely getting better.

However my grandfather took a turn for the worse today and though he has stabilised, things are not looking good. My nanna, dad and uncles are having a meeting with his doctors tomorrow morning. He still has not been eating well and has no desire to eat and has been sleeping a lot this week before the crisis today. I thank God that at least he has been much more peaceful and not frustrated or in too much discomfort and also that I know he is ready to go and be with God whenever that time may be. He had made it clear that he does not want any unnecessary treatment.

It's still very sad though. I barely knew my other grandfather as he was a violent man towards family and died when I was 3. This grandfather has been everything the other one was not and also a father figure to my mum, who never had a caring father. Please also pray for my nanna, dad and uncles who will be hardest hit if my grandfather dies and for guidance for all the family on how to support my nanna.

Posts: 1000 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Reading and praying [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and today it was very church.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Mili's grandfather and the rest of the family.

--------------------

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Shipmates. [Smile]

For peace in St. Louis.

For Rossweisse.

For the continuing improvement of Baby Cliffdweller.

For the families of young C. and Phelan.

For Mili’s R., for healing.

For Mili’s grandfather, for healing. For Mili’s nanna, dad and uncles, and for guidance for all the family on how to support Mili’s nanna.

For daisymay.

For K., who has to wait for (I guess) the NHS to get round to removing her gallbladder and is incapacitated till then, from what I can tell.

For M. and L.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3500 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Votive] Lord have mercy
[Votive] Thee we adore
[Votive] Into thy hands

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 781 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For Mili's grandfather

[Votive] For all

I have a set of worrying symptoms that could be nothing (well, nothing much) or could be bad. I need them to be the former, as I do not have time for them to be the latter - and there's been so much of that already.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19956 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

May all be comforted, strengthened, and encouraged.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17570 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

For Miles grandfather, and so many others listed here. For healing, for restoration. Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayer

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could I please ask for prayers for a Shippie, who doesn't post often; not exactly a spring chicken, very creative and funny.

She has (minor, from what I understand) eye surgery in a few hours, not quite sure what it is all about. Has to get up at 4 or 4.30am, foodless, coffeeless, and will be driven to the iSurgeon for a 6.30am (!) appointment and operation, and then back after that; this is US EDTime today, 19th (UTC -4).

Please, in your kindness, pray for P, who is terribly worried and upset (and coffeeless - cause for additional grumpitude!). Thank you. [Smile]

[Votive] for all who post, and those who don't dare.

Lord, in your Mercy, hear our prayer.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7215 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all the intentions here and for those known only to God.

[Votive]

Please could I ask your prayers for Bill, recovering from coronary bypass surgery - not yet out of ICU but hopefully will be soon.

[Votive]

Lord in your mercy hear our prayers

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2801 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Mili, her family and grandfather [Votive]

For Shippie P’s eye surgery to go well [Votive]

For EM’s Bill, recovering from heart surgery [Votive]

For U a much-loved friend of mine who suffered a bout of excruciating angina yesterday [Votive]

For WW, much-missed [Votive]

Be with us, Lord, comfort us with your loving Presence [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

Pres. Trump is going to address the UN, either today or tomorrow. Please pray that he doesn't spark World War III. Seriously.
[Paranoid] [Help]

Thanks.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17570 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

So many prayers, Lord, in your mercy [Votive]
Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so tired of being alone - flatbound... and somehow I have to magic up stuff like confidence and comms myself?

I can't do it...

I don;t want to be a burden... but I am desperately lonely...

Posts: 2129 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

((Alex))

[Votive] for all in need, especially those who are alone and/or afraid.

Kyrie eleison.

IJ

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016