homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 50)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  61  62  63 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alex [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] ad it was given the church ad pread

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11164 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially P., U., Bill and Alex.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19781 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for Alex

[Votive] for all

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14770 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] I wet in the praying and fitting at won. And i went in the church and it was good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11164 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I'm offering this prayer I ran across this morning. The words may be familiar ... sort of ...

Almighty God, t'ye all hearts be open, all desires known, an from ye nay secrets be hid: Cleanse th' thoughts o' arr hearts by th' inspiration o' yer Holy Spirit, that we may parfectly love ye, an' warthily magnify yer holy Name, through Christ arr Lord. Aye! Aye!

[ 19. September 2017, 21:55: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20728 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mamacita - [Killing me] Cranmer meets Blackbeard.

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Posts: 19781 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
... Almighty God, t'ye all hearts be open, all desires known, an from ye nay secrets be hid: Cleanse th' thoughts o' arr hearts by th' inspiration o' yer Holy Spirit, that we may parfectly love ye, an' warthily magnify yer holy Name, through Christ arr Lord. Aye! Aye!

Arrr-men.

[Votive] For my dear friend Patty, recovering from laser surgery on her eye

[Votive] For all

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7275 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all

Please pray for my nephew, who was born with a congenital heart defect and had multiple surgeries when he was younger.
He's been having difficulties again recently. They're going in tomorrow to install a pacemaker. They put the lines in during his last surgery but aren't sure if they're still good. If they are, it should be a relatively short operation, if not it'll be a bit more complicated. He's been very brave, but he's 12 now, and unlike the last time, he and his sister are old enough to know what's happening and worry about it.

So pray for the surgery to go well, and for everyone to bear up through the process.

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2941 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mamacita’s pirate prayer made my morning! Aye, Aye! [Votive]

For Rossweisse’s friend Patty recovering from eye surgery [Votive]

For saysay’s nephew about to have surgery and his worried sister [Votive]

For Mexico City after the earthquake [Votive]

For world peace, that dim impossible dream [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 524 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer for all intentions posted here and for those known only to God.

((Alex))

Thank you for your prayers for Bill. He has now been moved from ICU to a ward - this is good.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2887 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For B...recovering from life changing medical episodes, that his family will be able to support B wisely.
[Votive]

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]
For the folks affected by Maria in the Caribbean. ((Puerto Rico...where some of my friends live.)) [Votive]

Hoping for more survivors of the earthquake in the Mexico City area. Lord Help. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17867 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Patty, Bill, Saysay's nephew and the people of the Caribbean islands and Mexico City.

edited for coding snafu [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 20. September 2017, 18:26: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] it was good at the church.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nephew's surgery went well.

[Votive] for all

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2941 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Saysay - prayers ascending for his speedy recovery.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Continuing prayers for my friend, and yours too. Holding WW in the Living, Loving Light, and everyone else.

[Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20432 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Continuing prayers for my friend, and yours too. Holding WW in the Living, Loving Light, and everyone else.

[Votive]

Yes indeed. We miss him here.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9520 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Yes, WW [Votive]
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all who need our prayers [Votive]
WW [Votive]

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1951 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and it was church in the bread and it also food worsh.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially WW - you're missed more than you know.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for your prayers! I heard news about my Puerto Rico friends today! They are OK! Don't know about their home, though. [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17867 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For WW and Uncle Pete [Votive]

For a friend in Mexico City unable to locate her cousin [Votive]

For Puerto Rico [Votive]

For all mentioned here [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and continuing for the people of the Caribbean.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

I heard from her husband that Jane is still in serious pain. [Votive]

[Votive] for WW

[Votive] for all posting here.

[Votive] For all suffering from the results of natural disasters, from fires to hurricanes to earthquakes

[Votive] For all suffering from human-made disasters

Bene Gesserit
Shipmate
# 14718

- Posted      Profile for Bene Gesserit   Email Bene Gesserit   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus

Posts: 393 | From: Flatlands of the East | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I goo to the church tomow, and I is good and i word there.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend of mine was diagnosed with oral cancer earlier this month. They went in this week and took out most of her tongue and 14 lymph nodes. Testing shows that the nodes are all malignant, and suddenly she has Stage 4 cancer. Her name is Lace.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5847 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Lace

[Votive] for all

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially BC's Lace - all cancer is vile, but that one sounds particularly nasty.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lace [Votive]
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Mili’s grandfather.

For Rossweisse’s symptoms to be nothing. For Patty. For Jane.

For healing for our shipmate P. And some coffee.

For Erroneous Monk’s Bill, for healing.

For MaryLouise’s U, for healing.

For WW.

For Annoying Orange not to spark WWIII, or in fact any war, whether accidentally or deliberately.

For confidence, company, and independence for Alex Cockell.

For daislymay.

For saysay’s nephew, for healing, and for upholding for everyone involved.

For Mexico City, and in particular for D., a friend of mine who lives there and who is at least temporarily homeless after her building collapsed. For MaryLouise’s friend to find her cousin.

And… world peace.

For Ethne Alba’s B, for healing, and for upholding and wisdom for B’s family.

For everyone affected by Maria, in particular, jedijudy’s friends.

For Uncle Pete.

For Brenda Clough’s Lace, for healing.

For V.

For K., waiting for major surgery and incapacitated until then.

For J., looking after his mother on her deathbed.

For all my applications to be granted, for P.’s to, and for the land to flow with milk and honey.

For G., D., M., and J.

For the Telemum.

General self-regulation and progress for me please, kthx.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3505 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] draying [Votive] I was in the curch and it was good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mum is in respite care. Please pray that either it works out or we know on Tuesday. Tomorrow will cause real problems as my nephew is going to uni and that means probably that I have to drop everything and run and even that is slower than people would like. Apart from that if it is not working the sooner we know the better. However, I would really like this to be the right place and for it to work at least for a while.

Thanks

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20718 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Jengie's mum.

--------------------

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A small prayer but a great concern for me, my cat Bjorn has stopped eating again. Please pray that somehow the vet can set him right. I think he's mourning my other cat, Spyder, who died earlier this year.

Prayers for all here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11689 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For BC’s Lace [Votive]

For Jengie jon’s mum [Votive]

For everyone mentioned in Telepath’s prayer list [Votive]

My friend in Mexico City has heard that her cousin P was killed in the earthquake. May P rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]

For Nicolemr’s little cat Bjorn [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer.
[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2887 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

[Votive]
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr FD has a job interview on Thursday, after being unemployed since Feb. It's only a 6 month contract, but there's the possibility of it being extended. It's his first interview in this slew of job applications, so we're keeping fingers crossed.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 2999 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all, and especially for those coping with the swift onset of serious illness.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 9469 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Mr FD [Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Mr. FD and Nicole and Bjorn; and for the soul of MaryLouise's P.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  61  62  63 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016