homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 55)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by St. Gwladys:
... The wedding day went without any major hitches and they are now on honeymoon in Ireland.

Glad to hear it, St. G. Congratulations to Lord and Lady P.! [Yipee]

Ireland is The Correct Place for a Honeymoon: my parents (in 1951), my sister and b-i-l (in 1977) and D. and I (in 1988) all had our honeymoons there.

Having said that, a special [Votive] for the people of Ireland and Scotland as they're bracing themselves for Hurricane Ophelia - I heard on Facebook that all the schools in Northern Ireland are closed tomorrow. [Eek!]

Hope Lord and Lady P. don't get caught up in it.

[Votive] for them, and for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19596 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For all in the path of Ophelia and other forces of nature.

[Votive] For all in any kind of need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14680 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying through for all mentioned [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 490 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad the wedding went well St. G. Prayers for Lord P and Lady P for their new life together - I'm another one who went to Ireland for my honeymoon.
Prayers for WW continued recovery. I hope he can find his way back here soon, he is much missed.
For all who need our prayers and cannot ask.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1915 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer for all the intentions here and those known only to God.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2849 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] i have seen at the church and it feding braen and brind

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11134 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would appreciate prayer for good health for all my family. We are due to be heading off overseas at the weekend and at least two of the family are not entirely well...

Also please hold in prayer the family and friends of H who died unexpectedly last week, especially her husband and two young children.

Thank you.

Posts: 1066 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all you mention, Lucia.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9445 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Lucia and her family, and for the soul of H. and all who mourn her.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

--------------------

Posts: 19596 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Praying for all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 14680 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If anyone has prayers to spare, please spare a few for a dog of my acquaintance, whose recently-won happy world has crashed around hie ears. No fault and nothing to be done but I feel so sorry for the poor creature, more so than perhaps I should.

M.

Posts: 2252 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7252 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for a little girl I know who is struggling with secondary school transition, that she can get the support she needs.

Praying for the repose of the soul of H and all the departed and that all who mourn may be comforted.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2849 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] paying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11134 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially M's little canine friend, and EM's little human friend.

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all mentioned here [Votive]

For those grieving [Votive]

For those struggling with anxiety and/or depression [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Palpitating with excitement) I do believe the prayers have been answered! I may have shoveled as many as eight novels out into the world! Thank you for all your intercessions!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5654 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] raying [Votive] I have been at the church tis laterand it was bood.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good news Brenda and daisymay.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17957 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7252 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] I wash been at the church and it was good and later and food funs for is .

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Margaret

Shipmate
# 283

- Posted      Profile for Margaret   Email Margaret   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
May I ask for prayers for Rossweisse? She fainted on an overnight flight to Paris, got checked over in the airport medical centre, and is now on a train to Avignon. She asks for travelling mercies and no repeats of the faint.
Posts: 2451 | From: West Midlands UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wodders has been discharged from the hospital, as Himself informed me this morning. Please continue to hold him in the Light as he adjusts to his new reality.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20412 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for Rossweisse - if she's on a train in France, she's in a Good Place.

[Votive] for WW.

Uncle Pete, are we to understand that WW has lost his sight? Thanks for keeping us updated, but please don't release any private information, of course.

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9157 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 19991 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
R WW [Votive] [Votive]
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Shipmates with health concerns especially Rossweisse and WW.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5232 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and Praying [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Rossweisse [Votive]
[Votive] Wodders [Votive]

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20196 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Rossweisse and WW. [Votive]

[ 20. October 2017, 22:05: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Rossweisse and Wodders. [Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Rossweise and WW [Votive]

Congratulations, Brenda! [Votive]

For all mentioned this week [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially for Rossweisse and WW.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 6707 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] I will at the church at 10
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Author's homepage   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all. [Votive]

(((Rossweisse))) [Votive]

(((Wodders))) [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 17826 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you who prayed for Randy who was in an accident with multiply injuries. He passed peacefully on Friday with his family by his side.
Posts: 2604 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, sad to hear that.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5654 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Graven Image and for the soul of Randy.

May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Randy’s family [Votive]
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the family and friends of V who now travel on together, without V [Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and for the soul of Ethne Alba's V.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all who have recently died, and for those mourning their loss.

[Votive] for Our Place, please.

A previous possible 'Interim Minister' having fallen ill - [Votive] for Father A. - we now have a serous offer from Father B. to 'come over into Macedonia and help us', when he becomes available at the end of the year.

Everyone approves the idea - a True Gift From God - from the Bishop downwards, so we hope and pray that this comes to fruition. All through a 'chance' meeting between a member of our congo with Father B. on a pedestrian crossing in London....

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9157 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
All through a 'chance' meeting between a member of our congo with Father B. on a pedestrian crossing in London....

IJ

I never thought of looking for a priest in a London pedestrian crossing -- maybe I should suggest that when our Parish starts its search next year.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9452 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016