homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Prayers of the Faithful - 2017 (Page 56)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Prayers of the Faithful - 2017
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As I say, a 'chance' encounter.... [Paranoid]

The priest was already well-known to the member of the congo in question, BTW, and to me (by repute).

[Big Grin]

Feel free to search whilst you're in Ukland, but mind the traffic!

IJ

--------------------
The future is another country - they might do things differently there...

Posts: 9170 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WW's stroke has affected his left (dominant) side, which, together with his lack of eyesight, makes it difficult to walk unassisted.

One of the local young people (a fellow we have both adored since he was a child) comes every morning to give him a chance to have a walk. I am fairly certain that there are others on the W.W.W. (Walk Welease Woderick) team.

I have tracked down a talking clock for the blind, and am currently making arrangements to pay for it. (400 rupees (circa $CAD8.00).

He may need other devices to give his life a sense of connection, and I will probably crowd fund these on the B of Face.

Please continue to hold WW in the Living, Loving, Light [Votive]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20414 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for the update, Uncle Pete.

Continuing [Votive] for WW himself, and for all those helping him at this difficult time.

IJ

--------------------

Posts: 9170 | From: Passing The Glums At The Bus Stop | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks indeed, Pete.

I shall continue to bother the Almighty on a daily basis on WW's behalf, and on behalf of those around him.

[Votive]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Continued prayers for improvement for WW and all in need.
Posts: 2606 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed [Votive]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A friend of mine revealed yesterday that she is expecting. She is nearly fifty, and has had a long struggle with infertility issues. I don't want to go into technical detail, but we could all pray that the pregnancy will go well. She's due in March.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5666 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] ad I was in the church and it was good !

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11135 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two very old friends who have been neighbors of my family forever have died within a couple of days. Jim had been declining with Alsheimer's and then died of intestinal blockage. His wife Sylvia, who had taken care of him so kindly and patiently for years shockingly died two days later apparently of a heart attack. Her best friend, another neighbor, came over to tell me. Sylvia was such a lovely soul. May light perpetual shine upon them. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21293 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for WW as he faces massive changes in his life now. Holding him in the light as he has done many times for others.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9453 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed.

[Votive] for all in need, especially WW, Brenda's friend and for the souls of Lyda Rose's neighbours, and for all who mourn them.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Posts: 19606 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For WW and Rossweisse and for all intentions posted on this thread and those known only to God.

May everything in our hearts and minds become prayers, bringing us closer to God, and to each other, every moment.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2851 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

An amended 2 Samuel 1 v23 (KJV):

'[Jim and Sylvia] were lovely and pleasant in their lives, and in their death they were not divided...'

[Votive] for Lyda Rose's neighbours.

IJ

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please could you pray for the team of people I work with? We all seem so disengaged and put upon. I think we need hope, love, compassion for each other and the other teams we work with, generosity of heart and general uplifting.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2851 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

EM and all the staff [Votive]
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and it was church.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for needs here posted and for those whose needs are known only to our Lord. [Votive]
Posts: 2606 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially EM and her colleagues.

There are few things worse than a difficult work situation: you're thrown in with a group of people with whom you may or may not get on, and you have to spend half your waking life with them ...

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Joining you in prayer here
[Votive]

--------------------

cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My infant granddaughter is having her 2nd (of 3) open heart surgeries right now. Please pray for the surgeon and for her healing and release from pain.

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11087 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading through and praying [Votive] [Votive]

Healing for Cliffdweller's granddaughter [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Baby Cliffdweller and those looking after her.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Clarence
Shipmate
# 9491

- Posted      Profile for Clarence   Email Clarence   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

[Votive] Lord have mercy
[Votive] Thee we adore
[Votive] Into thy hands

Reading through and conscious of my own prayers for friends making decisions, having relationship issues, looking for work, battling cancer, fearing for the health and wellbeing of children or ageing parents, the last line of Elizabeth Goudge’s quote above feels like the only way to bear the weight of it all.

--------------------
I scraped my knees while I was praying - Paramore

Posts: 784 | From: Over the rainbow | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would so appreciate prayers for professional negotiations that I am undertaking. And at which I am not very good.

[Votive] For all those in need.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5666 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7253 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
cliffdweller
Shipmate
# 13338

- Posted      Profile for cliffdweller     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for Clarence and for Brenda [Votive]

Baby Cliffdweller came thru surgery well. She's uncomfortable but that's to be expected. Thank you all so much for your prayers

--------------------
"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid." -Frederick Buechner

Posts: 11087 | From: a small canyon overlooking the city | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For EM and colleagues [Votive]

For cliffdweller’s granddaughter t heal quickly and completely [Votive]

Echoing Clarence’s beautiful prayer [Votive]

For Brenda’s negotiations [Votive]

For WW and Rossweise [Votive]

For all of us who dread the festive season
[Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 491 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

May everyone and everything feel, do, and be a bit better, and feel loved.

For the heat in the San Francisco Bay Area to cool down soon.

Thx.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17978 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive] for Catalonia, that bloodshed may be avoided, and a peaceful settlement arrived at.

IJ

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] i went in a plain and fivet to there,

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear that Baby Cliffdweller's surgery went well.

[Votive] continuing for her and for WW and Rossweisse, for BC's negotiations and for all others in sorrow, need, danger or other adversity.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

saysay

Ship's Praying Mantis
# 6645

- Posted      Profile for saysay   Email saysay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"It's been a long day without you, my friend
I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"
"'Oh sweet baby purple Jesus' - that's a direct quote from a 9 year old - shoutout to purple Jesus."

Posts: 2934 | From: The Wire | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
amber.
Ship's Aspiedestra
# 11142

- Posted      Profile for amber.   Email amber.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 5102 | From: Central South of England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading through and praying for all mentioned this last week [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 491 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Joining you in prayer for all intentions here and those known only to God.

Also commending to God all priests, deacons, ministers of whatever kind. Keep them strong in faith and aware always of Your love.

[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and i was the church and it was bread and vine.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Praying for us all to encounter Jesus in everyone we come into contact with today

[Votive]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Posts: 24004 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1829 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In an hour's time I am doing something that feels quite risky. It actually isn't, and I will have a good friend with me but...

Would appreciate prayers.

Huia

[ 31. October 2017, 19:06: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10118 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Votive] for Huia.

Hope that's in time, but prayer sometimes seems to work backwards... [Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For those killed and injured, and all their loved ones, after a man drove a pickup truck down a stretch of bike path in Lower Manhattan, New York City.

[Votive]

--------------------
Don't keep calm. Go change the world.

Posts: 9454 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016