homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 13)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My first day in spring like clothes, espadrilles and no socks. Lovely. Out place is small so I have to put away summer clothes, to get out winter ones. Do I trust the weather enough to put away long sleeved t-shirts and jumpers, and get out shorts and short sleeved tops or do I wait?

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Best wait, I think.... [Paranoid]

We've Had The Best Of The Weather - Now We Need A Good Drop Of Rain For The Garden (heard at the Bus Stop today...). [Eek!]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ne'er cast a clout and all that, Sarasa. It's been nice and sunny today, but I'm sat under a duvet right now.
Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's been a nice, almost-springish day here, and looking at the forecast for the next few days, the temperatures do seem to be heading in a generally upward direction (famous last words ...) [Paranoid]

In other news, we woke up to no electricity this morning* - not what you need when you'd planned on a laundry/hoovering/cleaning blitz in time for the return of the cat's regular staff.

As we had no electricity, there was nothing for it but to go out for lunch, so we went to a place called Uncle Pete's Diner (yes, really [Big Grin] ), where D. had an all-day breakfast and I had v. decent fish and chips with the nicest tartare sauce I've ever tasted, and the whole thing came to under $30 (about £18). It's just down the road from the new château, so I suspect we may be back. [Smile]

* there were men with chainsaws doing things to trees, which I assume had something to do with it.

[ 30. March 2017, 21:40: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah - Chish and Fips - one of the Finest Meals known to man or piglets! The Tartare Sauce sounds good, too, though I hope to have Mushy Peas with my Chish and Fips tomorrow....

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thankfully, they haven't discovered mushy peas over here ... [Projectile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

O well - each to his own!

Hope you get your Lecktrickicity back soon...

[Ultra confused]

IJ

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My workplace has a canteen style restaurant which turns out meals of, let's say, variable quality but Wednesday's roast, Thursday's curry and Friday's fish'n'chips, all priced at about £4 really aren't bad at all. Quite how some of my single friends manage at the weekend and on Monday & Tuesday is a mystery. Maybe they have sandwich toasters?
Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Microwaves, perhaps? Mr. Co-Op sells ready meals e.g. lasagne, chicken + bacon pasta, shepherd's pie etc. at £4 for two, and I daresay other supermarkets do something similar

Guess how I know this.... [Big Grin]

I had my fish 'n chips 'n mushy peas at the bistro in a sheltered housing development in Our Parish (I was catching up on some pastoral visiting as well as having lunch). £4.75 for the meal (freshly cooked, and just right), and a Nice Mug Of Tea.

The café at the Bus Station provides decent grub at similar prices, too.

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
Quite how some of my single friends manage at the weekend and on Monday & Tuesday is a mystery. Maybe they have sandwich toasters?

Single people can't cook? Not sure I understand this -- I eat quite well seven days a week, usually all by myself. And I don't own a sandwich toaster.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yeah, I've never tried Strongbow, and now I'm thinking no big loss. (I tend toward locally brewed craft cider, which is definitely not oversweet. Yuck.)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
Yeah, I've never tried Strongbow, and now I'm thinking no big loss. (I tend toward locally brewed craft cider, which is definitely not oversweet. Yuck.)

I must start calling scrumpy "craft cider"!
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

After all the faffing about, today is The Day!!! [Yipee]

Our friends are due back from France late tonight, and we're in the last stages of taking our stuff out to the new place, so when they arrive back, we'll let them into their house, and then bugger off up to our house.

Did I mention [Yipee] ?

And, though I never imagined I'd say it, I will miss the cat. [Frown]

I think at this point I should say a huge thank-you to everyone on this thread - your support over the last while has been much appreciated.

[Overused]

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

I think at this point I should say a huge thank-you to everyone on this thread - your support over the last while has been much appreciated.

[Overused]

Your thanks are appreciated. While I have shared (a little) in some of your pain, the despatches from the front line have been fascinating and kept most of my own problems (like why do standing bus passengers congregate in the narrowest part of the damned bus?) in their rightful place.

May you from now forever be at peace.

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piglet, I have the cutest little black cat hanging around here. She is black, affectionate and short haired. Shall I parcel her up and post her to Chateau Piglet? My cat hates her.

Great that your finally settled into your home.

Huia

[ 01. April 2017, 06:54: Message edited by: Huia ]

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Much as I've enjoyed Tabby's company (and seeing her again today when we called round to pick up the things that we'd left behind [Hot and Hormonal] ), I really don't see us having a cat of our own. D. isn't at all keen on the idea, and they're really a luxury we can't afford; if he/she were to become ill it could absolutely bankrupt us.

I'm quite content with the knitted Piglet whose name I borrowed for my Ship name and our large collection of small bears.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Small bears and knitted Piglets rarely get ill -- and they don't eat very much.
[Smile]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actually cost was the reason driving me to find where the black cat belonged as G-P needs regular meds that aren't cheap, and may need more visits to the vet as she gets older.

I had a Piglet sewed out of pink calico with blue beads for eyes when I was a child. It was lopsided and my favourite toy. It lost it's nose on a Wellington bus [Waterworks]

Huia

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dangerous places, those Wellington buses.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

I read it as Wellington boot....

Ahem.

Meanwhile, all best wishes to Piglet and D., as they settle into the new Chateau.

[Big Grin]

IJ

--------------------

ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
I read it as Wellington boot....

Ahem.

Meanwhile, all best wishes to Piglet and D., as they settle into the new Chateau.

[Big Grin]

IJ

That will be the chateauneuf de la porcelette, then, give or take the occasional accent. Not quite the same thing as chateauneuf du pape, but nearly.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Oh, a decent vintage, anyhow, I think.

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBunk:
That will be the chateauneuf de la porcelette, then, give or take the occasional accent. Not quite the same thing as chateauneuf du pape, but nearly.

Love it! [Killing me]

Perhaps we ought to toast our new abode in Châteauneuf du Pape? [Big Grin]

Our Piglet was the creative result of D's sister getting fed up of knitting little boots when she was expecting her daughter (who's now 28 and happily married [Eek!] ). He's become a sort of mascot: where we go, he goes. [Smile]

I used the dishwasher in the new place for the first time last night, and am glad to report that it seems to be most excellent. It was a real luxury to take dry dishes out of it; the one where we were house-sitting left everything absolutely dripping.

Before he left, the owner said that he only puts rinsing-agent in because the machine demands it, and actually waters the stuff down, which strikes me as a complete waste of time.

[Confused]

[ 02. April 2017, 15:51: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Whatever is this Dish Washing of which yu speak?

Cold water, and a handful of sand, was good enough for my Grandmother....

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

"Dish Washing" is something for which I much prefer to have a machine.

Today has been mostly cancelled - we both slept very late - apart from having lunch (left-overs cleared out from the freezer when we left our friends' house) all I've done is a bit of re-organising of my jewellery box, with a view to finding a place that'll buy a few bits and pieces.

I don't have anything particularly valuable, but much of it's good-quality silver that would cost a lot to replace, and a few bits of gold. I have a fair collection of stuff I wear regularly (I love jewellery and don't feel completely dressed without it), but there's a good deal of stuff I haven't worn in years, and if I could get even a fraction of its retail value I'd be well pleased.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am chief dishwasher as I (almost) never cook.

I put the dishwasher on after tea (that's the evening meal to those less cultured). In the morning, after breakfast, I wash up in the bowl. If I don't do this the dishwasher is too full after tea - Mr Boogs uses a LOT of pots and pans [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You are very lucky, Boogie! Mr. N does not know how to cook, though he occasionally looks over my shoulder.

In order to give me a bit of a rest I have resorted to Tesco Finest Ready meals once a week.
[Smile]

My mother would turn in her grave.

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jolly useful - Waitrose and M&S in my case. Usually from the reduced shelves. Feeding one person after 9, which is much too late for me, is pretty tricky with proper cooking. Two separate ready meals are helpful.

[ 04. April 2017, 17:51: Message edited by: Penny S ]

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When we lived in Belfast and were both working (me full-time, and D. with the odd hours inhabited by cathedral organists) we used ready-cooked meals rather more than we should have, as they were just so convenient.

These days we don't give them a second look - we both like cooking, and with me still a Piglet of Leisure, we don't really need the extra expense. We usually have a pizza in the freezer for those occasional late-night bursts of peckishness, but only buy them when they're on special offer.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've just looked at Environment Canada's web-site, and they think we're going to get 15° on Monday and Tuesday. [Yipee]

Better look out my flip-flops ... [Big Grin]

Actually, I'll believe it when I see it - at the moment it's 4°, wet, misty and rather miserable. I suppose at least the rain/fog combo will clear some of the sn*w that's still lying about.

--------------------

moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not much news from Kerala lately, does anyone know what Welease Woderwick is up to ?

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Perhaps WW is still recovering from Uncle Pete's recent visit? (Sorry, Uncle Pete....).

Meanwhile, this corner of UKipperland awaits Armageddon (courtesy of Chump, Putin, Assad, Kim Wrong-Trim et al) whilst basking in warm sunshine, with the trees and spring flowers bustin' out all over!

I think we'd better make the most of it - might be our last...

[Help]

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We have double digits! [Yipee]

It's 12° and feeling beautifully spring-like - I'm out for the first time in lightweight shoes (I haven't quite ditched the socks yet, but it may not be long ...) and a short-sleeved shirt with just a long waistcoat over it.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
'Ere oi be!

Sorry for the rather long absence but when one can't see the monitor properly checking through The Ship can be a bit chancy! L. eye still improving slowly but as per schedule and R. eye now striding on ahead, still a way to go but I feel I can read through at least once a day now.

When Dr looked at R. eye she found it was heavily bruised internally but no bruising around it but we tracked down the cause, or rather 8 month old nephew scored a direct hit again with his little fist [just the right size!] and we worked it out from there.

I worked out the other day that I have a nephew of 58 this year and a niece who is just 50 and yet I also have these twins not yet 9 months old - loads in between as well, of course. The twins have recently developed a fetish for saute potatoes, preferably smeared all round their mouths!

In other news, now I can see again perhaps it is time I get to work on designing this year's Christmas Card.

Time Marches on!

[ 08. April 2017, 11:29: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So glad the sight is improving WW, I hope it gets completely better, pronto.
A lovely sunny day here again. I went walking round the park as part of my keep fit campaign, being lapped by lots of joggers. I don't know how they do it.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Wodders, I'd smack you too if you planted raspberries on my tummy every five minutes! [Killing me]

Ps: Christmas card? How come I never get one?

[ 08. April 2017, 11:34: Message edited by: Uncle Pete ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

So are you signing the nephew up as a future boxing contender?

Glad your vision is improving.

Huia

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear the sight is improving, WW - we've missed your wit and wisdom around the teapot the last wee while.

Just finished singing in the choir for a funeral, for which the Cathedral was packed almost to the doors, and I think we gave the deceased (a gentleman in his 80s who had been ill for some time) a decent send-off.

Now off home for a short spell of R&R (or "quality bear time" as D. calls it [Smile] ) then to a local United church in the evening to turn pages for D., who's playing for the local Choral Society's performance of Fauré's Requiem.

As for most of next week - I'll call in when I can; the week before Easter offers no rest for the wicked or the choral singer.

Or even the wicked choral singer ... [Devil]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Glad to hear the sight is improving, WW - we've missed your wit and wisdom around the teapot the last wee while.

Just finished singing in the choir for a funeral, for which the Cathedral was packed almost to the doors, and I think we gave the deceased (a gentleman in his 80s who had been ill for some time) a decent send-off.

Now off home for a short spell of R&R (or "quality bear time" as D. calls it [Smile] ) then to a local United church in the evening to turn pages for D., who's playing for the local Choral Society's performance of Fauré's Requiem.
As for most of next week - I'll call in when I can; the week before Easter offers no rest for the wicked or the choral singer.

Or even the wicked choral singer ... [Devil]

As a friend of mine says every year, "Holy s**t! It's Holy Week!"

It applies to church office workers, altar guilds, flower guilds, cleaners, etc., as well as church musicians. And clergy.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
Ps: Christmas card? How come I never get one?

Possibly because often you are already here? I can't see the point in posting an e-card all that way from upstairs to downstairs possibly via Washington DC for trumpery clearance!

quote:
Originally posted by Huia:
So are you signing the nephew up as a future boxing contender?

I think his career path is already set as a Professional Sadist as he laughs as he punches me!

Both of the twins are now climbing up to stand using any wall or door or chair or a passing uncle - Girl Twin then looks around for something to cling on to so she can move about, Boy Twin just looks around as if to say "Okay, I'm standing, what do I do next?"

[ 09. April 2017, 02:08: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Welcome back WW, I hope your sight continues to improve. If you ever feel the need there are excellent screen readers out there I can point you to [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Welcome back WW, I hope your sight continues to improve. If you ever feel the need there are excellent screen readers out there I can point you to [Smile]

When my dad developed cataracts some guy came to set his PC so the monitor screen was black and the text a medium sized white and he found that very helpful - if my situation goes back to like it was a couple of weeks ago then I think I'll see if I can find something similar.

We went to a house warming thingy at lunchtime at some friends/relatives but the kids ended up a bit fractious, I think being passed around from hand to hand was a bit of a strain...

...but the food was good...

...but three [or was it four?] helpings of ice cream was possibly an unnecessary indulgence on my part!

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Talking of indulgences, Macarius knows that I don't really approve of having hot cross buns except on Good Friday and Easter Day.

But recently we have been having quite a lot of spicy tea cakes with a cruciform motif.

Not the same thing at all, I assure you.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

M., you're probably a heretick. [Devil] Actually (confession time) I bought a couple of HCBs at the market last week and we ate them, but TBH they weren't the best I'd ever tasted. Serves me right. If I'm a very organised piglet I might try and make some myself ...

We had a v. nice Palm Sunday service today - usual hymns coming in, Victoria's setting of the Passion Gospel sung very nicely (but rather slowly) by the Dean and Tallis's Salvator mundi for the motet, which was new to me but I suspect will be entering my top 20 - it's got the most gloriously squidgy cadence for the first altos ( [Smile] ) near the end.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
And now I want hot cross buns, dammit.

I'll have to go and see if they have them in Marks and Sparks.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

UK Marks certainly has HCB, and in lots of flavours too. I've not had any from there this year but had some from our local market, that were OK, but not as good as I'd hoped. It's probably a lesson about waiting until the appropriate time.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Marks and Sparks here doesn't do food at all but then there is a pretty big food Hypermarket in the same Mall.

It's still good for socks and underwear.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus welcoming back WW - it's good to see you here again (although presumably not as good as you seeing again!).

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I go to the village bakers early on GF morning for fresh from the oven, true to description, HCBs. (Rather naughtily, I don't go there for much else. I don't eat much bread.)

I also get some richly fruited, and some wholemeal HCBs from Waitrose, which are suitably spiced. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and then no more.

I hope this satisfies my guests.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've recently found M&S's hot cross sliced loaf a revelation.
Tasty and easily popped in a toaster.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016