homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 15)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm very pleased to say my Facebook friends are far more interested in puppies than politics. I simply unfollow the political ones (which means you are still friends but don't see their stuff)

🐾🐾🐾🐾

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
We have a 10 year old neighbour boy who appears to still have all his deciduous teeth - is this as unusual as it seems to me?

This is a mild genetic defect. Some members of my family kept some of their baby teeth throughout their lives.

My father had a different defect. Instead of having four upper and four lower incisors, he only had two of each.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Moo:
...My father had a different defect. Instead of having four upper and four lower incisors, he only had two of each.

Moo

We have a lad [?, he's in his early 20s] like that in the village, too.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I still have one of my baby teeth: causes comment every time I see a new dentist. Not sure what that shows about my maturity!
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Had one, finally lost it to decay at age 50. Then I needed an implant (bleaurghhh!)

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
In other news, doing some light 'weeding' today in the church front flower/shrub bed, I noticed lots of intriguing little plants, with nice green leaves, and nice little flowers, beginning to appear.

Aha! Instant ground cover! Isn't nature wonderful? I'll keep a check on them, in case they make a bid for World Domination, but not just yet...

[Big Grin]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
... Instant ground cover ...

We've got that as well - it's called sn*w. [Waterworks]

We got about 3-4 inches of the stuff last night, but mercifully it doesn't look as if it's going to lie - by this afternoon it was disappearing from the fence of our deck, quite literally like sn*w off a dyke.

Moonlitdoor- I should lay off the cheese sandwiches before bed if I were you. [Devil]

I always used to think the cheese-before-bed thing was just an old wives' tale, but I do seem more likely to have dreams that I remember if I've been eating cheese late at night. Maybe those old wives knew a thing or two after all.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Maybe those old wives knew a thing or two after all.

Old Wives quite often do! Only no one listens to us! [Biased]
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ethne Alba
Shipmate
# 5804

- Posted      Profile for Ethne Alba     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sweet Woodruff..... whilst having wonderful leaves and sweet little white flowers....will make a break for it and start world domination....

....as i found out when i planted it in a church flower border recently!

It was loosened around the edges, rolled up and relocated under remote and almost inaccessable woodland, for future generations to enjoy.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No, it isn't Sweet Woodruff (what a lovely name), but if what we have takes over, perhaps Sweet Woodruff might do instead..... [Snigger]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
No, it isn't Sweet Woodruff (what a lovely name), but if what we have takes over, perhaps Sweet Woodruff might do instead..... [Snigger]
I'll let you have some of ours! Very pretty in the right place, but it can outstay its welcome!

Your plants aren't Lily of the Valley, are they?

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

No, they're not LOTV. I'll have a closer look tomorrow, and see if I can work out what they are...there's not a lot of them at the moment.

IJ

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, that started out as a lovely day. Lunch out with my friend and her two sons (my godsons) at the local park. The boys were out on their push scooters, until they weren't. Godson 1 took a tumble, missed all the grass and tried to take a chunk out of the kerb with his head!

Luckily he hasn't broken anything, but we were sat in the hospital for 2½ hours before I was relieved by their Dad. Very impressed by super speedy service at the local A&E and also by the resilience of small children...

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
In other news, doing some light 'weeding' today in the church front flower/shrub bed, I noticed lots of intriguing little plants, with nice green leaves, and nice little flowers, beginning to appear.

Aha! Instant ground cover! Isn't nature wonderful? I'll keep a check on them, in case they make a bid for World Domination, but not just yet...

[Big Grin]

IJ

Well if like the parish church on Iona they might be three cornered leek or wild garlic.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Alas, no, again....though we do have some garlic cloves, which seem to produce long grass-like stems...

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Talking of garlic, we're just back from supper with friends, which included a deliciously garlicky guacamole as a pre-dinner nibble.

For some reason, the Cathedral hall (which is on the floor below D's office) has been let out for some sort of party this evening, so I'm being treated* to some very noisy, repetitive, thumpy music**.

* "subjected" might be a better word.

** "noise" might be a better word ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last weekend, Easter weekend, my daughter and I stayed in Sheringham - and to my amusement, one of my emails has just popped up with this description of a play:
quote:
Jimmy’s sixteen, sexually confused and stuck in Sheringham; the seaside town they forgot to bomb.
I enjoyed it - but I walked a bit of the North Norfolk Coast Path - from Cley-next-the-Sea with pretty windmill and nature reserve to Cromer with pier and rail links. We took a trip to see the seals on Blakeney Point and Sheringham was interesting to explore. It even has a steam train. I would have liked to explore Wells-next-the-Sea and Hunstanton on our way up the coast to Kings Lynn on the Coast Hopper bus to a train line that was running on Easter Monday, but my daughter was having problems breathing (allergic reactions).

I am planning to go back and walk more of this coast path - I reckon I can walk a chunk more in a weekend - staying at the YHA at Wells-next-the-Sea.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

piglet, I think the phrase you're looking for is 'children's music'. Very annoying, too.

CK...so glad you enjoyed Norfolk. Next time, make your way to Walsingham..... [Two face]

IJ

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just had a lovely heartwarming phone call from a boy I used to tutor - he's 18 now!

I tend to assume people simply forget me when they move on in life - so I am truly touched that he thought of me to tell me how things are going.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's nice when something like that happens, isn't it?

We got more sn*w last night - even more than the other day, although again, it doesn't look as if it'll lie for very long, especially as they're forecasting 11° for tomorrow.

Lazy morning followed by a haircut, which always makes me feel good. Also, my hairdresser was good enough to let me know that she's moving to a different salon, and how to contact her. Once I've got a hairdresser used to my particular trichological nightmare, I hate to lose her. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Bishop's Finger - there's a miniature steam railway line out to Walsingham (place, not shrine) from Wells-next-the-Sea. There are two services at Sheringham, the branch line from Norwich via Cromer and the steam Poppy Line, both running on the same line. Where the road would have been a level crossing it now separates the two sections of track.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A few weeks ago a friend in UK emailed to say a friend of hers would be coming to India soon and could we act as a point of contact if she [the visiting friend] needed one so yesterday we had a guest join us for lunch, we picked her up at the airport and afterwards put her in a taxi for the big city. A nice lunch with a lot of pleasant chat and lightweight teasing - she also adored the kids, which was nice.

...and not-boy twin now has Two Teeth!

eta: and lunch guest brought me Marmite™!

[ 23. April 2017, 11:58: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

CK...the Wells & Walsingham Light Railway is an old friend, though it's many years since I last saw it. The Walsingham station is in the village, and not far from the (Anglican) shrine.

Sheringham's North Norfolk Railway was, IIRC, rejoined to the national rail system some years ago by the reinstatement of the level crossing. I daresay it's only used on High Days and Holy Days, or when transferring locomotives etc.

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... and lunch guest brought me Marmite™!

With friends like that, who needs enemies? [Devil]

D. and I went on the Wells and Walsingham railway aeons ago and my chief memory of it was that I got something (probably a smut) lodged under one of my contact lenses and spent the entire journey in deepest discomfort.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Off the point but ...

Some years ago we visited the Hungarian city of Eger. One of the "sights" is an ancient minaret which one ascend - however the staircase is very narrow, twisty, uneven and dark; and the tiny platform at the top is very windy and it was a dry dusty day.

It was when standing on said platform that I got a bit of grit behind my contact lends; it attempting the get it out the lens fell out. I caught it on my finger-tip but had to make the descent trying not to drop it, scrtach it or lose it - not easy.

I succeeded (whew!)

[ 23. April 2017, 15:56: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

You're reminding me why I've just given up wearing contact lenses - after 40 odd years. That and I had to take them out for close work or wear glasses which I found uncomfortable - and silly. If I'm going to be wearing glasses anyway I'm going to just wear the damn things, rather than have a set to lose and still not be able to do close work. (I take the glasses off to thread needles.)

I also hated varifocals and gave up on them too - too many stairs in my life some of which are in very nasty places and not safe to use looking down the way you have to in varifocals. It was not helped by finding some Australian research that found that the number of falls experienced by elderly people reduced by over 40% if they wore distance glasses for walking around rather than varifocals. And you still can't thread needles wearing varifocals.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I had cataract surgery. Which got me out of my contact lenses, but trapped me forever behind a series of readers. And I have lost, forever, my crazy myopic focus, when I could thread a needle without sweat or count the threads in a 100-thread-count bedsheet. I really miss that.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've recently given up contact lenses too, after 20-odd years with them. I've now had varifocal glasses for the past year, personally I have found them wonderful, I wish I'd taken the plunge a couple of years earlier. Lots of people warned me about the stairs thing, but I have been lucky and never experienced it.

The opticians did offer me varifocal lenses, which I would have considered except that because I have an astigmatism and therefore have to have toric rather than bog-standard lenses, my direct debit was going to increase from £15 a month to nearly £50 - over just one year that would buy me another 2 pairs of fancy designer specs, so I just couldn't justify it. Instead I kept my normal lenses and got a pair of reading glasses to go with them for when I needed to do close work, which worked OK for short periods but I often felt quite headachey after a while with them. And I found that I just couldn't see as well at distance with the lenses as I could before, to the extent that driving was starting to worry me a bit.

I stopped colouring my hair many years ago and have well and truly embraced the grey, so along with varifocals I think I can say that middle age has well and truly arrived [Smile]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Not grey - silver, which, with the specs, means that elegance has arrived!

(I have the specs, but not the hair... [Disappointed] )

IJ

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I use varifocals and cannot tread a needle. But as I couldn't thread one before it id no hardship. As for the vari/bifocal problem with stairs, I am so used to navigating with my non-glasses eyesight that I navigate indoors at night by touch, touching a wall and don't bother turning the lights on.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I try not to tread needles balaam. [Big Grin] It hurts

I have never had any problem with stairs in many years of wearing varifocals. I do remember the first time I wore them I was very careful stepping up and down from footpath to road. Just the once and nothing since in many years.

But treading needles definitely is not advised.

Edited to correct autocorrect balaam's name from balsam.

[ 23. April 2017, 21:53: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've worn contact lenses (rigid gas-permeable) for over 30 years now and I hate, hate, hate wearing spectacles for general vision. If I have my lenses in I'm quite happy wearing reading glasses or sunglasses as well, but wearing ordinary glasses leaves me with big gaps at the sides where I can't see properly.

Glaucoma eye drops force me to take my lenses out in the evening, at which point you find me wearing glasses to watch the telly - but with them on top of my head while navigating the house very myopically!

Mrs. S, permanently carrying eye drops and a mirror in case she gets something other than a contact lens in her eye [Help]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I get over the 'having to wear glasses as well as contact lenses' for close work problem by wearing one contact lens. That gives me the best of both worlds. My optician at the time said it was a 'viable strategy', whereas I'd just thought it was a good idea!

I do wear glasses for driving though.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I tried doing that - despite my optician's optimism, I couldn't get it to work.

After 40 years of contacts (including varifocals), I found them irritating my eyes and now wear glasses. I find that I have to take them off and peer at close range to read tiny writing on packets at supermarkets, though!

My eyes have also become more sensitive, especially in cold wind. And I find that they occasionally start watering without warning, which is a problem if I'm driving.

[ 24. April 2017, 07:12: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Yes, my increasingly aged eyes also water more easily (especially whilst waiting at the bus stop in the Cold Wind That Always Blows At Bus Stops).

Ah well - at least prescriptions are free for us Old Gits....

IJ

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

I had laser surgery, well worth the cost [Cool]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Edited to correct autocorrect balaam's name from balsam.

I've been called worse.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm very comfortable with my body, except for my eyes - very squeamish. I've had glasses for forty years, never contacts.

When I was in high school, I went to visit a friend at university. We went out to lunch, and while we were waiting for our food, he started massaging his eye with considerable attention. "Scott, what's wrong?" Nonchalantly, "Oh, my contact has floated behind my eye." [Projectile]

I had cataract surgery last summer. Once it was over, I realised that the worst part was having no water in advance. Before the act, my blood pressure was through the roof.

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Apparently how easily you get on with the varifocal option depends on relative prescriptions. I would have to have two different contact lenses to continue coping and I still wouldn't be able to thread needles - you need two eyes working together.

I have had some very interesting evenings at Guides threading and rethreading 20 needles when we were sewing something - neither of the other two adults could see to thread those needles - I could with no lenses or glasses. There are reasons I need to be able to thread needles.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
... the Cold Wind That Always Blows At Bus Stops).

This was not a problem where I lived until last month, as the bus sop outside my house lost its service a couple of years ago!
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I have contact lenses for distance and spectacles for reading; my peculiar optical requirements mean that the contact lenses can't be replaced with specs. I don't like the idea of bifocals or varifocals, but I imagine they'd be useful for simultaneously reading the music and watching the conductor.

As for threading needles - I do it mostly by touch: loop the thread round the eye end of the needle, pull it off, holding it tightly, and slip the eye over the loop.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

We are on holiday on Lindisfarne and it's brrrrrrrrrrrrr cold! Lots of dog walks on beaches with full winter gear, followed by visits to castles and cafes, followed by evenings in the pub by the fire.

We haven't brought our pet dog, she's staying with friends. The pup can go everywhere with us and this holiday will be as much indoors as out.

Puppy is being very well behaved.

[Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Today we celebrate having survived two whole years of marriage without killing each other. [Big Grin]

I have bought husband en rouge a set of grooming products for the bearded man. Generally I prefer a clean-shaven man but it cannot be denied that husband en rouge looks deeply cute with a goatee. He has one of those faces it just works on.

Every so often he threatens to shave it off but he has recently discovered the joy of trips to a traditional barbers. To further discourage shaving, he now has beard oil, beard shampoo and a beard brush. And he can’t claim that it’s a present I’m planning to appropriate at a later date. [Biased]

This weekend we're going to the seaside in Normandy. (It's a long weekend because 1 May is a public holiday here.) I believe it's going to rain... but at least it will be a break from Paris. Crepes will be consumed, also cider, calvados and moules frites which take me right back to my childhood holidays and make me eight years old all over again.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not everyone would have good memories of drinking calvados as a child, so you were clearly destined to be a Francophile.

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I thought that might be ambiguous... I only meant moules frites as a childhood memory!

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think I'd pass on the moules, - they're something that I almost wish I liked, but I just don't. Mind you, I've never tried them frites - I've only ever seen them served in their shells, in a lovely garlicky-tomatoey broth.

Hope you have a lovely time though, and happy anniversary! [Smile]

[ 25. April 2017, 21:31: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I went to the clinical lab this morning and had a couple of gallons of blood* taken for a liver function test and a platelet count - much relieved that they did not have to extract the liver to test its functioning!

The results [all within the expected normal range] have just arrived by email! Is that service or what?

*It has been suggested to me that what they don't use they sell to make ketchup.

[ 26. April 2017, 06:29: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was wondering if they re-infused it, as it were.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I went to the clinical lab this morning and had a couple of gallons of blood* taken for a liver function test and a platelet count - much relieved that they did not have to extract the liver to test its functioning!

The results [all within the expected normal range] have just arrived by email! Is that service or what?

*It has been suggested to me that what they don't use they sell to make ketchup.

My mum had the chronic form of leukaemia. She would have blood tests at the back of a building near hospital, walk around the front to haematologist and results would be on haematologist's computer

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Whereas a hospital near central London sent information about ordering transport for an appointment ten days before said appointment and that information arrived on the morning of the appointment, thus rendering the whole arrangement void. (They used a private delivery firm for the first part of the journey.)

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016