homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ah, your turn will come! You Mark My Words....

[Two face]

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(Thunderbunk, I mean. BT is suffering enough already).

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rain has started downtipping ... [Frown]
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
ThunderBunk

Stone cold idiot
# 15579

- Posted      Profile for ThunderBunk   Email ThunderBunk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Baptist Trainfan:
quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBunk:
Don't know what you mean. The Fine City is fine.

Having recently moved from the county town about 50 miles to the south, I cannot possibly comment.

But this is our current weather forecast.

Well, you should have had the pollution washed out of you pretty thoroughly by the end of tomorrow.

--------------------
Currently mostly furious, and occasionally foolish. Normal service may resume eventually. Or it may not. And remember children, "feiern ist wichtig".

Foolish, potentially deranged witterings

Posts: 2208 | From: Norwich | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Knowing how wet it is currently in Cambridge, I shouldn't think Norwich is due to stay dry. We got asked to squidge up in the tent where I am currently to make more room at the back to let more in under cover over an hour ago and it doesn't sound as if it much drier. It is a bit difficult to tell over the music.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Thank you!

[Killing me]

Thinking of Lords Of Fear And Darkness, I wonder if there's yet a cuddly toy version of The Trump?

Or a pin-cushion version, perhaps...

[Snigger]

IJ

I have a recollection of the availability of plush toys in the shape of bacteria, so anything's possible.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Amazon seems to supply.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
Not sure of your definition of temporary but those signals were there all winter, which is when I spotted them, and earlier this week when I wandered through from Embankment to theatres various. (I definitely saw the light in the photo with Saddiq Khan, which is outside Waterstones, on my way to the Theatre Royal Haymarket.)

I noticed them when I was in London in June of 2016.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Meanwhile, has anyone else in Ukland noticed that, now most schools are on holiday, it is raining every bl**dy day?

I have certainly noticed that the past ten days that I have spent on your soggy island have been rainy every day. I expect that when I come to England, but couldn't there have been ONE sunny day?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm coming over the week after next - a spot of dry but not too hot weather would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. [Smile]

In other news, we bought a tablet computer today, so if we can suss out how it works ( [Eek!] ) I might have rather more interwebicity than I currently have - and even be able to take photographs and post them on the Book of Face. (Our mobiles take photographs, but we've never actually worked out how to get them anywhere - the mobile package doesn't include the web because it'd apparently cost a fortune).

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love my iPad, Piglet. Links and things like that took me a while when I first got it. Actrually I am on my second. I bought the first some years ago and son swapped it perhaps a year ago for a newer one at no cost to me.

I have Mac Mini desktop which is also my second after the big bulky original Macs and I also have the latest iPhone. My iPhone 5 shoqwed distinct signs of approaching death. All my phones have been hand me downs from one son or another, so this time I stumped up the money myself.

All devices are synced to each other and happily share pics etc and updates all round. I love them all, but iPad gets most use but iPhone is always with me. Mobile gets such use and is so convenient that I almost never use the landline. All calls and texts within Australia are free on my plan. I am happy with all arrangements.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I have a Microsoft Surface, which I love. Being an old fogey, I appreciate that it can be used with a mouse and a keyboard.

I couldn't keep up with the Ship (or emails) when I travel otherwise. I really appreciate that so many hotels now provide free Wi-Fi (though usually, like where I am now, verrrry slow!).

--------------------
~Tortuf

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am away with a phone and tablet with keyboard, all Microsoft, sadly, but Android is much harder to set up like this, and linked to the laptop which is at home, so all get emails, have the same calendar and whichever documents, photos and music I choose to save on the cloud.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I love my Samsung Android Tablet - I went for the 8-inch 3x4 model and it is fabulous, particularly combined with the Kindle app. I also use a folding but rigid Bluetooth keyboard when I travel.

Brilliant!

...although I may be forced to buy a bigger Micro-SD card for it, I'm certainly tempted.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I forgot to mention keyboard. I was using the internal one, was given another which was quite second hand, perhaps fourth or fifth hand even. Then one day, son and DIL arrived with a brand new Bluetooth Apple keyboard still in its box. I love it, although I can hit capslock easily if I am not careful.

They accidentally left price tag on. My eyes watered when I saw it but they refused anything. Son deals with Apple and gets good pricxes, but it was far from cheap, even at a discount.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This wee thing (it's a Samsung Galaxy, and bigger than a smart-phone but smaller than a Kindle) wasn't at all expensive - about $200 (£122). It doesn't have a separate keyboard, which I'm going to find quite hard to get used to (I'm a traditionally-trained typist and fully-paid-up old fogey) but I've already used it to take a couple of photographs (which was really why we bought it), and it seems quite good at that. The plan is that we'll take photographs of the new château to show to our respective Aged Parents; the pictures we have on our current mobiles are really too small for Elderly Eyes ...

I haven't actually had it in a place with wi-fi yet, so I haven't logged into all the bits and pieces, but that'll come.

technically challenged piglet [Hot and Hormonal]

[ 30. July 2017, 15:17: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Last day of the singing term today [Yipee]

Its become what the choir refer to as Lollipop Sunday because the hymns (so far as appropriate), setting, etc for this one Sunday are all of the top-of-the-pops variety.

And all topped off with yours truly giving it some stick with the Radetsky March at the end.

No more rehearsals for a whole month.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Macarius and I are just back from a lovely weekend in Stamford with rellies. It really is the most beautiful town! We think it's about 35 years since we were last there, when we went to a wedding at Burghley House.

We didn't get to Burghley this weekend but did go to Rutland Water, which was gorgeous in the sunshine this morning.

When we told people where we were going, I think everyone said 'are you staying at the George?' We hadn't been able to get in there but stayed at the Crown instead, which was wholly delightful.

We were sad to come away!

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Scene: I am making new living room curtains. This is turning out to be rather more complicated than I anticipated.

Husband en rouge is advised that this is &!@$&!!! hard and expletives are going to be forthcoming.

"Alright, ma chérie, would you like me to make you a list?"

What a man. [Axe murder]

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Lovely.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That man deserves a prize for that!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
moonlitdoor
Shipmate
# 11707

- Posted      Profile for moonlitdoor   Email moonlitdoor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a lovely sunny morning today Pigwidgeon, which I guess means that you have gone home !

--------------------
We've evolved to being strange monkeys, but in the next life he'll help us be something more worthwhile - Gwai

Posts: 2210 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by moonlitdoor:
It's a lovely sunny morning today Pigwidgeon, which I guess means that you have gone home !

I'm flying out of Heathrow in a few hours. I do apologise* that my presence caused such bad weather on your Scepter'd Isle.

*Tomorrow I'll be back to spelling it 'apologize.'
[Biased]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

It wasn't bad yesterday in Cambridge and looks positively pleasant this morning. I'm here for the Folk Festival, going home today. A few showers, but nothing like the downpour on Saturday. I definitely made the right choice of finding somewhere warm and dry to sleep rather than a campsite. (With free showers, wi-fi and charging facilities, unlike the campsite which charged for all of these and cost £1 less than staying in the YHA hostel for three nights.)

There's been a certain amount of muttering about the festival this year from the regulars as it is under new management and apparently larger and not as good. I have no idea, it's first time I've been, which is partly why I didn't stay on site, but I noticed Folk by the Oak, a couple of weeks ago, was bigger this year.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:

*Tomorrow I'll be back to spelling it wrong.

Fixed that for you [Razz]

It's lovely and sunny here, warm with a light breeze - perfect. And due to last until 1pm. Ho hum!

I took Mollie on a training walk to town. Two banks, two shops, a cafe for a coffee and a bus ride. She was paw perfect, bless her.

[ 31. July 2017, 11:05: Message edited by: Boogie ]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

It's not been a bad day at all here, either, thanks to Pigwidgeon taking our Interesting Weather away with her!

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That was very kind of you, Pigwidgeon - does that mean it'll be nice when we get there?

It's been hot here today (30°), but I wasn't over the door until about 8 o'clock this evening, by which time it had cooled down to 25° and was chucking it with rain, so I didn't really notice.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Back home in hot Arizona -- thunderstorms predicted for tomorrow.

Next time I plan a visit to England, I shall warn you all in advance so that you can plan your holidays elsewhere while I'm there -- or at least be sure that no outdoor activities are planned.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

I think I have today officially joined the ranks of Old People.

I got on the Bus this afternoon, returning from a hospital appointment, and a Charming Young Lady offered me her seat.....even though there were a number of vacant seats further back.

[Paranoid]

IJ

--------------------

shamwari
Shipmate
# 15556

- Posted      Profile for shamwari   Email shamwari   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I retired ( for the 3rd and last time ) yesterday. Now what? Have still got most of my marbles. And still a passion for preaching. But not on a one-off hit and run basis. That limits the opportunities. We shall see,
Posts: 1914 | From: from the abyss of misunderstanding | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Best of luck for a happy and healthy retirement, Shamwari! [Smile]

I've been in Culinary Piglet mode today - after a ridiculously long lie-in* I made lunch (The Sausage Thing) and then made some broccoli-and-Stilton soup to use up some of the Stilton in the fridge before we go away. I didn't use all of it (I didn't want the soup to stink to high heaven) so D. will have to finish the rest, 'cos I ain't going near it!

* Having been bitten to b*ggery by some of the Horrid Wee Beasties™ in a friend's (stunningly beautiful) garden the other evening, I've been taking anti-histamine pills before going to bed, and they seem to knock me right out.

--------------------

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My ear worm for the last few days has, for some unfathomable reason, been 'The Tennessee Waltz'.

And it keeps segueing into 'The Old Rugged Cross'.

How do I rid myself of this affliction?

(Exit stage left, singing, 'my friend stole my sweetheart from me. And I'll cling to that old rugged cross....')

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

My ear worms have been various Oysterband songs including It's My Country Too - with added rants against Theresa May and a tent full of us blasting out "And I want it back". (That recording is very civilised compared with the live performance.)

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

My ear worm for the last couple of weeks has been Bavel's Bolero, which is a piece I love but oh it gets boring when it's going round and round and round and round...

eta; my other recent one incorporates the line:

quote:
Socrates himself is particularly missed,...

[ 02. August 2017, 07:37: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Earworms rarely get the chance to be completely embedded with me, although having seen a thing on Facebook about Mr. Scaramucci's exit from the White House that was based on the words of Bohemian Rhapsody ... well, you can guess the rest ... [Big Grin]

I did a tiny, last bit of pre-holiday shopping today and got a couple of T-shirts; as they were having a 60% off sale, I got both for about $15 (£9), which was less than the marked price of one of them. I do love a bargain. [Smile]

In other news, it's 29°C and feeling like 32. Apparently tomorrow it's going to be 30°, and feeling like 38.

[Help]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

38 might even be a little warm for me!

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:

Once it gets over body temperature it doesn't pay to move, go outside or speak if you do go outside. Caravans move in silence.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Currently much amused to be riding on one of the new Crossrail trains. I had a suspicion they were part of the reason that more trains have been timetabled on this part of TfL Rail, but this is the first time I've caught one.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can't speak for the peak hour frequency, but off-peak has been every 10 minutes for years - unless they've augmented the timetable with extra unadvertised services.

I hope the trains are nice: I'm afraid I've succumbed to the sin of envy!

[ 03. August 2017, 11:55: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Peak hour frequency from London out has been every 10 minutes with a fast train every half hour before 6:30am or after 9:30am (ie not during rush hour). The last month or so there's been a semi fast train in the gap - so 7:57, 8:07, 8:17 was the normal pattern. A couple times recently I've just missed the 8:07 and caught the 8:14.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Thanks!
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Today I got a message from Mike and Mike that the Civil Partnership has happened - for which I am very thankful. The one who is in the hospice said he loved the day but it made him very tired. I get the impression that we may be approaching the end, which makes me very sad. I did ask, in my reply, if one of them could tell me who was making an honest man of whom - I am not sure if I'll get a reply to that on!

So today we celebrate; there will be plenty of time to mourn later on.

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
God bless them both.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Congratulations to Mike and Mike.
Talking of trains, there won't be any from this neck of the wood from Saturday for most of August due to revamping Waterloo Station. It's just sinking in what a pain getting to the various places I need to get to is going to be for the next few weeks

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:

It didn't get quite that far - Deo gratias - but it's currently 26° and feeling decidedly sticky.

Why isn't the temperature going down to Almost Civilised Levels (i.e. low-mid-20s) until after we go away???

Congratulations to Mike and Mike - it must have been a bitter-sweet sort of day for them, but I hope the Mike who's ill has at least a little time to celebrate. [Votive]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think I'm going into competition with the twins on napping times - I think I might just win! Perhaps I'm in my second childhood - or third or fourth!

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for a cuddly toy Eeyore for the girl child - every time she is brought to my room to see me when it is my eye-drop time she zeroes in on Eeyore and gives his ear and/or tail a chew and the poor guy won't survive forever; though he doesn't seem to mind but, of course, never cracks a smile.

Strangely whilst looking through a well-known online shopping site I saw a smiling Eeyore is available - surely that has to be a travesty of the highest order!

ete: I do NOT spend all my time in bed, lest what I said gives you that impression, but it is easier to administer eye-drops if I am lying down, or so Himself maintains.

[ 04. August 2017, 12:01: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Several hours later a memory occurred to me:

At breakfast the other day I was having puttu, a steamed cake that I have made with red rice flour and oats, and a dal made from unhusked mung [green] gram. Herself makes a wonderful one with a green chilli sliced open and fried with the cooked gram - then she takes the chilli out before serving it into a dish for the table except the kids distracted her and it appeared on the table with the chilli in situ.

Serving myself I noticed the chilli and took it out with my fingers, knowing how fierce it might be, and then made a foolish mistake and for some reason then sucked my fingers!

I can assure you the hot, spicy oil from the chilli needs nanoseconds to transfer itself to the human finger...

..it is good to know that my suffering can cause such amusement to my family!

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
I think I'm going into competition with the twins on napping times - I think I might just win! Perhaps I'm in my second childhood - or third or fourth!

I'm going to have to keep my eye out for a cuddly toy Eeyore for the girl child - every time she is brought to my room to see me when it is my eye-drop time she zeroes in on Eeyore and gives his ear and/or tail a chew and the poor guy won't survive forever; though he doesn't seem to mind but, of course, never cracks a smile.

Strangely whilst looking through a well-known online shopping site I saw a smiling Eeyore is available - surely that has to be a travesty of the highest order!

A smiling Eeyore or a Pooh Bear with turned up button nose are both travesties and an Abomination to the Lord. Surely someone must have looked at the orignal illustrations before coming out with such things?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

One of the acts I saw at Cambridge Folk Festival was Chris TT sings A A Milne, which was delightful. He comes with a health warning that his usual output is protest songs which are NSFW, but this was child friendly.

Chatting around the songs, he said that when he was putting the collection together he researched A A Milne, who served in WWI and fought on the Somme. He suggested that the air of melancholy may well have been an expression of PTSD.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
... made a foolish mistake and for some reason then sucked my fingers ...

It could have been worse ... [Snigger]
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
... A smiling Eeyore or a Pooh Bear with turned up button nose are both travesties and an Abomination to the Lord ...

They are indeed, and I give you one word: D*sn*y. [Mad]

Wodders, Himself is absolutely right about it being easier to administer eye-drops lying down - they're far more likely to end up where they're supposed to be. Take it from someone who had to put in eye-drops several times a day (usually standing up) for over 20 years.

Today's Music in the Cathedral concert was more folk-music, this time from a family from Nova Scotia, and included bagpipes. [Eek!] Fortunately they were indoor bagpipes*, which actually sounded rather good along with fiddle and guitar, and at one point D. and I were almost tempted to break into an Eva Three-step.

Highlights included The Bonny Lass of Fyvie** and Scotland the Brave, which almost brought a tear to the porcine cheek. [Hot and Hormonal]

* Who knew such a thing existed?

** as in the immortal but (sadly) fictitious Scottish football result:

Forfar 5 - Fyvie 4

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016