homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 29)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've chopped chillies to start supper in the slow cooker before leaving for the day. Then I put my contact lenses in. That's definitely not recommended.

The other other one that isn't recommended is painting ceilings with a roller while wearing contact lenses. That left my hard lenses covered with a fine splatter of paint droplets. I horrified the fellow hostellers in the communal kitchens the following week, using neat washing up liquid to clean off a bit more paint each time I took my lenses out, before cleaning them with all the correct fluids.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You put your contact lenses into the slow cooker? [Devil] Definitely not a good idea!

As a former lens wearer, I can sympathise with the paint problem (and the chilli one).

[ 05. August 2017, 10:29: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:

** as in the immortal but (sadly) fictitious Scottish football result:

Forfar 5 - Fyvie 4

I always thought the fictitious one was Forfar 4, East Fife 5 ?

But Forfar 5 East Fife 4 did happen in 1964.

[ 05. August 2017, 12:12: Message edited by: Japes ]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The rather jolly tune to The Bonnie Lass of Fyvie-0 has been used (IIRC) by John Bell for an Iona Community hymn, We have a King.

For the edification of all, here's the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmoex2fWak

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
quote:
... the immortal but (sadly) fictitious Scottish football result:

Forfar 5 - Fyvie 4

I always thought the fictitious one was Forfar 4, East Fife 5 ?
I think the one I quoted was from Colin Campbell's Caithness Local Radio, a series of hilarious recordings taking the rise out of Caithness accents. As my late grandfather came from Caithness, I am permitted to snigger at such things. [Snigger]

Last batch of Strategic Laundry™ done before going on holiday, and pre-hol haircut has now happened.

I've even done some packing ... [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Happy Holidays, Piglet!

Do let us know how you get on...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
...I've even done some packing ... [Yipee]

I didn't realise you were leaving within the hour!

Suddenly yesterday late afternoon I got a Skype™ call from my friend Mike direct from his room in the hospice, a very nice surprise! He was a having a good day, which was pleasing to hear.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Indeed you are entitled to snigger, Piglet. I'll remember that one as well! (I'm not a football fan, but I like words and numbers.)

I took the risk of doing some ironing before church - normally a strategy guaranteed to mean I'll burn my finger and wince all through the morning's organ playing. I seem to have escaped unscathed, which I'm thankful for as I have a bruised knee which may cause me problems.

I just need to get to church a bit early now as we have had to find emergency cover for today and I usually talk any visiting clergy through our little ways. AND I offered to do the intercessions at 10.00 p.m. last night - but only because I already had some suitable ones I just needed to amend and print out and check the lists in church!

I'm also preaching... which in the circumstances is most fortuitous. Hence the ironing - thought I'd better be slightly more respectable than my usual jeans and t-shirt. None of this robing malarkey for this organist though everyone would like it if I did!

They do get their money's worth from me...

--------------------

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Indeed they do.

I always think organists look as though they should be hampered by wearing cassock, surplice, and hood whilst playing (yes, I know they have surplices with specially slit sleeves - try saying that without your teeth in)!

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
D. reckons that cassocks are OK as long as they're the three-button sort - one at each shoulder and one at the side - which you just fling out behind you, and not the Roman-style ones with lots of buttons.

The Cathedral was unbearably hot this morning; although the outside temperature is only 21° (which should have been rather pleasant), the humidity is 88%, which is about as high as we've seen since we moved here, and it was horrid.

I'm now sitting in D's office with the air-con going full blast and feel much better. [Smile]

We head off this evening in your general direction (at least I hope that's the direction we'll be going!), arriving at Heathrow tomorrow morning.

We'll be travelling almost the whole length of the country: south as far as Kent and north as far as Orkney, so a hell of a lot of driving for D., but he likes driving (and it's mostly broken up into manageable chunks by stopping half way in Edinburgh), so it's not too bad.

I'll have limited interwebicity - we're taking the new tablet with us but we'll be dependent on places with free wi-fi, so I'll drop in for a cup of tea (or a quick GIN) when I get the chance.

Wodders - you're right - I'm not usually this organised. Now what have I forgotten? [Paranoid]

Glad to hear that Mike had a good day. [Votive]

As always, be good while I'm away. [Angel]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Pace Jerome K. Jerome, have you packed your toothbrush?

[Help]

IJ

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

As I sit with my back to a wall, facing the congregation, and no space for flinging anything behind me, I will continue to be cassock free!

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If you read that post without scrolling back to see the previous ones, a very different picture forms in the mind's eye.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

[Eek!]

IJ

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We dispensed with surplices (and ruffs, for that matter) a long time ago: the choir now wears double-breasted cassocks with crossover neck - looks v. smart.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good folks of this most British cabin on the ship, I come to seek your wisdom and recommendations.

In the 2nd half of September, I have a fortnight off work and am hoping to spend some time of it away. Thing is, my budget is quite tight and have some travel restrictions. I’ve spent the last couple of days trawling the web for affordable autumn breaks, but what I found quite frankly made my eyes water!

Ideally I’d be looking for something 6-10 days in length, but am flexible within that. Budget, including travel, would be about £700 (a year’s worth of savings). My preference would be something in the countryside that has good walking if there’s weather’s OK, but where one can comfortably curl up with a good book if the weather is typically British and a tads autumnal. My restriction for travel is that it must be accessible by train, as I don’t drive.

So far, I’ve been looking at the Lake District (Windermere seems to be the only accessible place) and the Cotswolds (Charlbury, Ascott-under-Wychwood, Kingham) though I have next to no familiarity with these areas.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
What about north Norfolk (Cromer, Sheringham etc.)? Those places are on the railway, one can walk the coast east and west, there's a good Coasthopper bus service along the coast. And Norwich itself is well worth a visit!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I enjoyed walking round Chepstow and Monmouth recently. There are trains to Chepstow and if the signposts are anything to go by, quite a few walks in the area as well as sites such as Tintern Abbey.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A little further west there is the Forest of Dean, Lydney is on the train line. Nice and peaceful area and not heavily touristed.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have no idea how to search for public transport-only options, but a search on the hoseasons option would definitely give you a choice of accommodation within that price range in September, if self catering would be your thing.

(I'm now tied to school holidays and paying approximately 3x the price which is less attractive..)

Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I was looking at a chunk of the Cornish coast path for a week away next week - and the Lake District, but I'm now on duty. I suspected this was going to happen, which is why I was dithering about booking it in the first place.

There is this walk between hostels which appealed, but the route into the first hostel is bus from Windermere or coach to Grasmere.

I was also looking at the South West coast path - the section from Padstow to Hayle, because there are youth hostels for that section, Hayle has a station and Padstow is possible by train to Bodmin Parkway, bus to Padstow. The route suggests going on to St Ives, but that would mean returning to Hayle for me.

This (academic) year I have spent the weekend at:
  • Arnside which is on Morecambe Bay in the Southern Lakes and has rail access;
  • Haworth - with lots of walking in the area and a steam train should you be interested.
  • Sheringham, which I would second as being worth visiting - on the railway line as is Cromer;
  • Wells-next-the-Sea, which I returned to to continue walking the Norfolk Coast Path - and got there by bus from Sheringham (well, Cley-next-the-Sea and then walked to Wells)
  • Buxton - although we then caught a bus to Bakewell and walked back along the Monsal Line
  • Hereford, Leominster and Ludlow - we stayed in Leominster but the three towns are connected by rail;
  • Beverley - another walking area easily accessible by rail.

I'll second the Chepstow - Monmouth area, I cycled it a couple of summers ago and want to return to explore further and also the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley. I also visited St Briavel's Castle for a night.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sipech

If willing to carry your own luggage that you could walk along the Northumberland Coastal Path would be doable. Hostel accommodation is limited. YHA at Berwick on Tweed Booking.com have one at Beal (accommodation is limited there so worth looking at) and there seem to be others including at Seahouses and Alnwick as well.

You can pick up the main north east coast lines at various points quite easily.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Sorry, forgot Berwick on my list of placed I've stayed. Also recommended as good to explore and stay in. The Youth Hostel there is on the waterfront.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Speaking of holidays, I suspect our dear sister Piglet has now arrived in Ukland. Why?
[Paranoid]

Well, rain is teeming down, and yet more is forecast. At least it's keeping The Glums indoors, as the Bus home today was almost empty.

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm glad I'm not the only one to cause it to rain in the U.K. when I come over for a visit.

[Biased]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Not only is it raining outside the Episcopal Palace, but also inside, as new leaks have appeared in the roof...

[Mad]

[Help]

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
Not only is it raining outside the Episcopal Palace, but also inside, as new leaks have appeared in the roof...

[Mad]

[Help]

IJ

Sounds as if you're dealing with as many leaks as Trump's White House.

(I'll get me raincoat...)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

No, no - fair comment!

Please send me your raincoat, so that I can spread it across the Palace Roof...

IJ

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I'm glad I'm not the only one to cause it to rain in the U.K. when I come over for a visit.

[Biased]

This damn well better not happen to me. Pack rain jacket reminder

[ 09. August 2017, 21:57: Message edited by: Uncle Pete ]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My daughter had a particular gift for drawing bad weather. She was in the South when Hurricane Katrina came through; she was in Paris for that killer heat wave. It seems to have damped down over time, however -- she's living in Atlanta now and although they did have snow last year (a faint dusting that shut the entire region down) nothing terrible has happened lately.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pete, don't pack the reminder, better to pack the jacket!

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Five of my friends and I go for a sunshine holiday once a year. We call ourselves the 'droughtbusters' as we never fail to get some rain [Roll Eyes] We are off to Ibiza in four weeks time, so look out for downpours there!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

What is this thing called Sun-Shine of which you speak?

[Disappointed]

Another Dismal Desmond of a Day here, though not (thank the Lord) raining at the moment....Uncle Pete, you might just be the lucky one!

IJ

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Well, we saw a bit of it this morning although, for some unaccountable reason (and despite the prognostications of the BBC) it seems to have taken fright and toddled off.
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Ah! It's heard that Uncle Pete is on his way!

[Eek!]

IJ

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Rhod Gilbert: "In the Bible, God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights. That’s a pretty good summer for us in Wales". [Help]
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

They call rain 'liquid sunshine' in Wales, don't they?

BTW, have you noticed that all those Shipmates from across the pond, bringing us Interesting Weather, have names beginning with P? Pete, Pigwidgeon, Piglet..... [Paranoid]

Just saying. Not blaming anyone. O no. Not at all.

IJ

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Shhh! It's sunny now and even reasonably warm, unlike this morning when I had to find a heater for the others in w*rk today.

However, I'm caught up in my second lot of severe delays on the Tube in two days. Yesterday there was a person on the track at Mile End, today at Bond Street.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
Five of my friends and I go for a sunshine holiday once a year. We call ourselves the 'droughtbusters' as we never fail to get some rain [Roll Eyes] We are off to Ibiza in four weeks time, so look out for downpours there!

We're off there in 5 weeks, keep your eyes open.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
They call rain 'liquid sunshine' in Wales, don't they?

And Yorkshire.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

St Everild
Shipmate
# 3626

- Posted      Profile for St Everild   Email St Everild   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It brightened up considerably this afternoon, after a chill morning.

I never thought I would be taking a hot water bottle to bed with me in August....the cats are obviously cold too, because they all try and hog it. At least I am warm....

Posts: 1782 | From: Bethnei | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Something has gone Very Wrong. We were told that it would be tipping down with rain this morning - instead, the sun is out (although it's not warm).

Ah well, there's always later ...

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Yes - Shine Of Sun here at the moment, but cloud and rain later.....

I hate August..... [Disappointed]

IJ

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Well, my wife took the bus to go swimming, and came home again, without getting wet.

(Except in the pool, of course. Don't be silly).

Later on she's going into the big city to meet the Great Leader of her favoured political party. (Rhymes with Mince Fable),

[ 11. August 2017, 09:30: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

MrsBeaky
Shipmate
# 17663

- Posted      Profile for MrsBeaky   Author's homepage   Email MrsBeaky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Glorious sunshine here too but sadly husband, daughter and Baby Beaky are all missing it as they are in bed recovering from a bad night with baby Beaky. I joined in at 5.45 am and they went back to bed and I am so far fine and enjoying watching the birds in our beautiful little town garden.
[Axe murder]

--------------------
"It is better to be kind than right."

http://davidandlizacooke.wordpress.com

Posts: 693 | From: UK/ Kenya | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The towels for the nurse's use will be dry, anyway.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pardon me for asking but why would anyone take a bus swimming?

[Eek!]

Yesterday was what my late, lamented old dad would have referred to as a Pig's Breakfast of a day. A week earlier when booking we had been unable to get an appointment for the morning so, very foolishly, accepted an afternoon appointment - we left home at 11:00am and got home after 18:00pm. No fault of the Dr but purely that she was having a busy day - the place was heaving! Anyway things continue to improve, albeit far more slowly than I would like. I am hoping that by Christmas things will be pretty much back to normal.

The buses were crowded on the way home and Himself got some poor schoolboy [c.14 years] to give up his seat for me; when I thanked him he "It's a pleasure." I thought, "I bet it isn't!" Poor lad had to stand for half an hour.

Next appointment is in September and we have made a morning appointment.

[ 11. August 2017, 13:18: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Pardon me for asking but why would anyone take a bus swimming?

[Eek!]

I asked for that ...
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Some roads in Ukland were so waterlogged a couple of days ago that the buses were almost swimming...

...but not today, as the Yellow Face has shown himself pretty well all the time, with just a few clouds 'bubbling' up(the new buzz-word for clouds).

Grass at Our Place duly mown, some gutters cleared out, and a small buddleia removed from the Lady Chapel roof (!). Back to the Episcopal Palace, and time to put myself outside a nice bottle of CIDER.

*hic*

IJ

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Good folks of this most British cabin on the ship, I come to seek your wisdom and recommendations.

Ideally I’d be looking for something 6-10 days in length, but am flexible within that. Budget, including travel, would be about £700 (a year’s worth of savings). My preference would be something in the countryside that has good walking if there’s weather’s OK, but where one can comfortably curl up with a good book if the weather is typically British and a tads autumnal.

Sounds like Hexham, Northumberland is up your street. The walking takes in Hadrian's wall, The train ride to Haltwhistle is worth it for the scenery. (And another walk to a different part of the wall.) If it rains there's the Abbey.

We saved money by going room only and having a Wetherspoon breakfast (Cheaper and better than the hotel one.)

Did I mention Hadrian's Wall?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016