homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
They didn't already know the descant?

Is Outrage!

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cwm Rhondda doesn't need a descant. On the other hand, if sung in English it should have the last two lines of the original hymn it was written for (quite different from Guide me, O thou great Redeemer) repeated in Welsh:
O, am aros! O, am aros!
Yn Ei gariad ddyddiau f'oes.
Yn Ei gariad ddyddiau f'oes.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a "Songs of Praise" at our church the other week - not a "Cymanfa Ganu" as all the hymns and songs were in English. One lady chose "Guide me" and explained that she had done so because it was written by John Hughes and the name held some personal associations for her.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was in fact the tune which was written by Hughes - the (original Welsh) words were by William Williams, Pantycelyn whose tercentenary is being celebrated this year across Wales. (The lady herself is English).

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:

It was only written six years ago - by James O'Donnell, the organist and choirmaster at Westminster Abbey - for the Royal wedding. The only reason we haven't done it here before is we've only recently got the home computer hooked up, and it has all D's Sibelius™ music scores on it.

To an extent, I'm inclined to agree with L'Organist; unlike certain Christmas carols, it wouldn't be sacrilege to sing it without, but now that it's got one, it is rather fun to sing. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
quote:

It was only written six years ago.
You think that's an adequate excuse? [Devil]
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is Still Outrage!

Points taken, though. Adding a descant to Cwm Rhondda might be a case of gilding the lily, so we await Piglet's report on how it was received by her Quire And Place Where They Sing.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Open House weekend means access to interesting places, and in the City of London, a series of sound installations and performances. I discovered one of the sound installations on Thursday on my way back from seeing King Lear at the Globe and investigated further. So free performance in the Guildhall Yard and a trail of installations later, plus a visit to St Lawrence Jewry (too late out of a matinee performance f Woyzeck in Winter at the Barbican to see much else).

The King Lear production was back to no amplification, music from drummers and musicians on stage, just the overblown lighting rig remains. It was an interesting performance, hinting at dementia for Lear's madness, but I found the ripping down of the dereliction overlaying the stage distracting,partly because I couldn't see the point.

The Woyzeck is a partly Irish production and is heading to Dublin next and is a fusion of Buchner's Woyzeck and Schubert's Winterreise. an amazing set and building tragedy.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have Open House weekend up here too, and went to the village of Kippen (about 10 or so miles out of Stirling) and looked round the boatyard*, the old smiddy, and the parish church. A very pleasant afternoon out, preceded by lunch at a nearby farm shop/cafe which always does very good food (and excellent CAKE).

* intriguing, as Kippen is pretty resolutely inland and nowhere near any significant body of water. They made small fishing boats, and also lifeboats for the Navy during WW2. Now it's just a garage at the bottom of someone's garden, but it was interesting in a "whoever would have thought that was there" kind of way.

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Our Open House experience was going the passage between the demolished High Level Station at Crystal Palace and Crystal Palace park, fascinating. I bumped into an ex-work colleague who I last met last time I was in the area. Neither of us live anywhere near Crystal Palace, so that was odd.
Tomrrow we are goign to Bushey House. Most Open House weekends my husband ihas been working or we've forgotten, so this is the first time we've actually gone somewhere.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I didn't get my act together properly for Open House, or the Thames Barge procession this morning. But I have seen two theatre and one outdoor productions today. Tonight was Lions and Tigers at the Sam Wanamaker theatre, thankfully back to candlelight and unamplified music and voices. It's a telling of an aspect of the struggle for Indian independence through the eyes of Dinesh Gupta, a great uncle of the playwright. There is a statue of Dinesh, together with two of his fellow freedom fighters in Kolkata.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
... we await Piglet's report on how it was received by her Quire And Place Where They Sing.

IJ

Quite well, I think, although we were a bit thin on the ground on Thursday night (we'd sung for that funeral in the morning, and one or two people were either heading away for holidays or taking part in the Jazz and Blues festival that's going on in Freddy at the moment). For myself* I found it felt higher than I remember it - it goes up to a top A, which is sometimes beyond me and sometimes not.

On Thursday it was sort of half-way - I could hit the note but not hold it on long enough (and it falls on that long note in the second-to-last line ("I will ever give to Thee"), which according to Welsh tradition has to be held even longer in the last verse. With any luck it'll work out OK tomorrow - although as the service is being held outside ( [Eek!] ) we won't have the benefit of the acoustics to help us along ...

Summer still seems to be showing little sign of abating - it was 28° today and feeling like 32 and it's set to stay in the mid-20s until Wednesday. Some of the trees are beginning to put on their autumnal clothes, but it feels a bit odd when the weather's still so damn hot!

* yes - I know I'm an alto, but I was a soprano until we left Orkney, and D's instruction is that anyone who can get up there should sing the descants, which is more fun. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

quote:
I know I'm an alto, but I was a soprano until we left Orkney.

It must be something to do with the air quality ...
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Killing me]

Actually, it was because the choir in Belfast had a top line made up of trebles (boys) only, but had a few lady altos, so it was a case of sing alto or don't sing at all. No contest. It did mean, though, that I lost a few of my top notes through lack of use ... [Frown]

The weather gods smiled on us this morning: although it was cloudy, it was just a nice temperature - not too hot, not too cold - and (more to the point) dry, so the sound equipment didn't (a) go phut or (b) electrocute anybody. I don't know how many visitors we attracted, but the whole thing went off very nicely, and the corn-cobs served up on the Cathedral green afterwards were v. good.

I still have a few bits of them lurking in my teeth, but that's a minor detail.

Then home for a spot of vegging out (or "Quality Bear Time" as D. calls it), and I'm just waiting for a chicken casserole to finish cooking for tomorrow's lunch.*

* and probably a lunch at some point in the future as well, as it's quite large.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Last night's entertainment was the first performance of a new show from Gyre and Gimble, the puppeteers behind War Horse, a retelling of the legend of The Hartlepool Monkey, billed as suitable for children. As the man in front me shouted across at the end, "I feel traumatised!" Who knew the hanging of a puppet monkey could be so moving? I fell in love with the monkey, which leapt and swung across the stage, chitter-chattering away expressively. The i's were dotted and the t's crossed, which I guess is the aiming at children, against human nature displayed in its meanest form.

And yay, I get to ride in one of the new Crossrail trains this morning! It still smells new and shiny.

--------------------

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
CK, I work with a local puppet team, going in to school assemblies (they are normally glad to have us do an assembly, as it saves the teachers from doing it!)

All right, we are nowhere on the same scale as Gyre and Gimble, but you would be amazed at how much more they take in when a puppet tells them something, than when an adult does. I shall never forget one little boy, filing into assembly about six months after we'd last been, yelling out 'I lost my sheep!' [Yipee]

(That one is a firm favourite, though others such as Jonah and the whale, or the Good Samaritan, are equally memorable - and the Bethlehem Rhapsody is our tour de force!)

Mrs. S, girding her lions for a new term [Smile]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Puppets (except hand puppets or the Muppets) have always creeped me out. And hanging a monkey? I would be absolutely horrified.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kitten
Shipmate
# 1179

- Posted      Profile for Kitten   Email Kitten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Those big mouth puppets they tend to use in Churches creep me out. They have the same effect on my Grandson, I has one in my house once as I was asked to make it a new costume and he really did not feel comfortable with it in the room

--------------------
Maius intra qua extra

Never accept a ride from a stranger, unless they are in a big blue box

Posts: 2330 | From: Carmarthenshire | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

According to the legend, the Hartlepool Monkey was washed ashore during the Napoleonic Wars, dressed as a sailor boy. It was hanged as a French spy. It's why the ubiquitous nickname across Hartlepool and Angus the Monkey, someone dressing in a monkey suit, standing against Peter Mandelson in the general election and being elected as town mayor a few years later.

The puppets of Gyre and Gimble are life-sized and articulated. The horses in War Horse were amazing.

And even more yay, a new Cross-Rail train home too. Even better, it's delayed so we get to speed through most of the stops, except mine.

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I once went to the performance of a traditional Japanese puppet show, where the more or less life-size puppets were handled by people you could see. It was a Romeo and Juliet type story and by the end I was convinced that everything would be all right if only the puppets ignored their handlers and sorted their own lives out.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
Puppets (except hand puppets or the Muppets) have always creeped me out ...

I'm inclined to agree.

I have memories of an old Ealing horror film (the name of which completely escapes me - any old film buffs out there?) about a puppeteer being taken over by his (extremely creepy) puppet.

IMHO puppets (except for Sooty and Basil Brush) are almost up there with clowns for creepitude.

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
There used to be some brilliant puppets at the Midland Art Centre in Birmingham - not at all creepy. Can't remember what the puppetry company was called.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Curiosity killed ...:
The puppets of Gyre and Gimble are life-sized and articulated. The horses in War Horse were amazing.

Are they similar to the ones in The Lion King? I absolutely loved those!

Some of the creepiest puppets, however, were in the short film Parable -- tortured human puppets. Petrushka is quite creepy, too.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can assure you that our puppets are very far from creepy - Heather the sheepdog, and The Librarian (an orang-utan, natch) not to mention Alphonso the Alpaca, are mine. Very occasionally a child is frightened by them, but overwhelmingly the reaction is joy and laughter, thank heavens [Yipee]

Mrs. S, non-creepy herself

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The puppets I have ever seen have been fine. Its the ventriloquist's dummies that creep me right out!

I used to scream if the Archie Andrews show came on! [Eek!]

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
IMHO all clowns are creepy - live humans at a circus, animated cartoon or puppet.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Muppets are fine 🙂

Today I'm in a muddle, which makes me realise I'm usually quite well organised!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Mrs. S's puppets sound like fun, but clowns - [Projectile]

@Boogie, never mind about the muddle. Nibiru will sort that out for you on Saturday.

IJ

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

@Boogie, never mind about the muddle. Nibiru will sort that out for you on Saturday.

I had to google that one - I responded on the Heavenly thread without knowing the source of the doomsday prediction.

I'm at a fun day running a pig race at a Methodist Church [Ultra confused] The end of the world for sure!

My muddle continues - a mixture of return from holiday and too much to do before Sunday. Oh, and two lively pups to look after! [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

Yup, in full agreement with y'all (and the late, great Sir Terry) (Pratchett, that is, not Wogan) about clowns *shiver*

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
... running a pig race ...

I hope the piggies enjoyed themselves. [Smile]

It's an utterly perfect day here, meteorologically speaking: 22°, sun shining from a cloudless sky. I had a very nice little amble* - I had contemplated bunking off as I regard choir practice as a form of physical exercise ( [Big Grin] ), but it looked so nice I really couldn't not take advantage of it.

* You wouldn't catch this little piglet in a race ... [Eek!]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
I have memories of an old Ealing horror film (the name of which completely escapes me - any old film buffs out there?) about a puppeteer being taken over by his (extremely creepy) puppet.

Is this what you're thinking of? There are loads of other creepy, ventriloquist doll stories; they're definitely a horror film staple.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It is, although I was getting confused - old age creeping up on me??? [Eek!]

The film I was thinking of was The Halfway House, another Ealing offering about someone who wasn't quite dead and didn't cast a shadow.

Both excellent, and properly creepy, without being gory (they were in black-and-white, so limited scope for gore; it was more a psychological creepiness). Far more scary than anything the Hammer House of Horror could come up with.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think we're going to have to file today being the official start of Autumn under "fake news" - it's 23° and the sun's splitting the trees. I'm just back from an enjoyable amble (it's very pleasantly un-humid), and according to the forecast it's going to be 27° tomorrow (might have to have my amble in a nice air-conditioned shopping centre [Devil] ).

Autumn? Not quite yet ... [Smile]

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So I'm seeing lots of reports about TfL removing Uber's licence to operate in London, but no specifics about their complaints - just a load of veiled insinuation.

Can anyone point me at some actual substantive facts, rather than the "mutter mutter safety mutter" that the press seem to be producing at the moment.

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

For those of us Uklanders (the majority) who don't live in London, this is one big [Snore] .

We have more important things to worry about (Brexit, The Barking Dog, Kim Wrong-Trim, Nibiru, running out of ALE, etc.).

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Running out of ALE? [Eek!]

Well, it's another gloriously sunny day here, and no sign of any stray planets.

So far ... [Paranoid]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

A lovely autumn day in London too, and no sign of any rogue planets. We went to Kenwood House with my sister and brother in law. I've never been before but it is to be recommneded if you like art and Paladian architecture. We live in South-West London and they live in Milton Keynes and they got home before us.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well, we all appear to still be here, so the Planet X nutters were wrong ... [Big Grin]

I'm girding my loins and turning up the air-conditioning: it's apparently going to be 30°, but feeling like 37 here this afternoon. I think today's amble might have to be put on hold. [Eek!]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

No, no - a nice amble in the heat will bring on a healthy, thinning, sweat...

IJ

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Leorning Cniht, TfL have a statement about Uber on their website.

Glorious weekend in London which I failed to use, because I was working, gtumpily - still at the same damn company, even after handing my notice in at Easter, because my successor needs DBS clearance. And DBS clearance is currently spectacularly slow following the installation of a new computer system, for 1st September, start of the new school year, to replace the no longer supported version based on Windows XP. One of my daughter's ex flatmates is now working there and apparently it is not going well.

--------------------

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Thanks, CK. There's not much of substance in that statement, but it's better than the media's version.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Is it because the Uber drivers don't have to pass the Knowledge, or that the black-cab drivers who do are objecting?

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is there any up to date news about WW and his eye problems? I read Uncle Pete's post on the Prayer thread a few weeks back, but have seen nothing since. I miss him.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

One of the problems is that Uber seem to think that it is optional for them to report one of their drivers to police if they become aware he has assaulted a passenger.

Not making this up: heard the Big Cheese from Uber on the Today programme and he kept talking about "working with police to find a solution" for the problem of drivers they became aware had assaulted a passeger.

Still want an Uber cab?

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
Is there any up to date news about WW and his eye problems? I read Uncle Pete's post on the Prayer thread a few weeks back, but have seen nothing since. I miss him.

I miss him too [Frown]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:
quote:

Thanks, CK. There's not much of substance in that statement, but it's better than the media's version.
Not to derail the conversation (WW, [Votive] [Votive] ) but I just came across this version of events, so thought I'd post them here.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

As the mercury has hit the fabled 30° mark, any exercise I'm going to get today is going to be housework-related: floors are being swept, laundry is being done.

Ironing may ensue later on ...

Temperatures like that (and feeling like 36 with the humidity) are not conducive to moving about outdoors.

[Eek!]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Sounds as though you're doing a fair bit of within-doors ambling, though!

(But what is this Iron Ing of which you speak?)

IJ

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

(But what is this Iron Ing of which you speak?)

IJ

It's the successor to the Stone Ing and the Bronze Ing.

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Groans.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016