homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  44  45  46 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Roses, foxgloves, snowdrops, blue forget-me-nots
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I'm glad I never had to cope with more than one sort of eye-drops at a time. I got so used to putting them in I could do it practically anywhere, but when I had the second eye operated on it was nice not to have to put them in at all.

Painting of the two shelving units for the sitting-room chez Piglet has happened and I'm really rather pleased with how they turned out. The loose shelves are still to be done, but they shouldn't take too long.

quite industrious piglet

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We went to see The Play That Goes Wrong at the Trafalgar Studios in London. I agree, just hilariously silly, laugh out loud the whole way through. And very cleverly done. We took a brother and sister in law to see it after it had moved to a bigger theatre, and they had had to change it a bit to make it work, but still so, so funny.

We've since seen Peter Pan Goes Wrong and The Bank Robbery That Goes Wrong. All very funny, but I think we probably need a rest for a while!

But I would recommend it to anyone who needs a silly, harmless, laugh.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We have Peter Pan on our Humax box, recorded over Christmas - having watched it once, we're keeping it for one of those evenings when we just need to cheer ourselves up [Yipee]

Mrs. S, who has not yet come across the Bank Robbery!

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's feeling decidedly springy here today (despite the sn*w-heaps), and the temperature briefly hit double digits. I don't imagine for a minute that we're completely done with winter yet, but it's a start ... [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a nice time up in the mountains but it was nice to come down the hill yesterday and be properly warm again! At night up there it got down to about 12C which might seem warm enough to you but having been coastal and tropical for nearly 20 years it seemed a bit on the cool side to me.

The twins seemed to love it up there but I think that at that age [7 months] they are just happy being surrounded by lots of loving attention. Male twin has not yet worked out kissing so tends to grab my hand and lick the back of it - but he is cute. Female twin is a bit of a flooze and definitely prefers male attention which she rewards with huge smiles.*

One lovely thing was that in a couple of eating places staff came and picked up the kids and wandered about with them thus giving the parents a chance to eat in relative peace - and the wife of our hotelier was cooing over them like mad, but then so were most of the female guests in the hotel.

*eta: there is a character in Louisa May Alcott's Little Men who is a sort of older version and has all the boys in her thrall - give this one a few years and she'll be just the same.

[ 23. February 2017, 22:29: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear you had such a good time, and that the twins were properly appreciated. [Smile]

The formerly scruffy and green shelves are now nice, smart and black (probably needing just a bit of touching-up once they're dry) and as I mentioned on the decluttering thread a lady at the Cathedral has found someone who could use the bed, sofa and chest-of-drawers, which we'll be very glad to get rid of. Apparently the prospective recipient lost her furniture to an unscrupulous flat-mate and will be glad of some freebies - winners all round!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
We had a pleasant, sunny winter day yesterday - back to damp and drizzle today. Waterproof trousers and wellies it is [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Quite dense fog here today - no bad thing as it helps to get rid of the sn*w - but it did make getting about a bit more, um, interesting than it might have been. We went up to the shopping mall in the early evening and kept taking wrong turnings as things looked so different in the fog.

Some shops here give you birthday vouchers if you buy regularly, and one of these yielded a nice leather handbag for under $20 (about £12); we discovered that the shop where the other one came from closes early on Saturdays so I'll have to give them a go on Monday or Tuesday, as the voucher expires at the end of the month.

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The boxes are diminishing. We now have one in the living room (husband en rouge’s administrative papers), two in the bedroom (shoes) and four in the dining room (the good crockery and glasses). In order to empty all but the first one we first need to get the relevant furniture.

The man came round on Saturday and did up the walk-in wardrobe and connected all the light fittings, except for one ceiling light that has disappeared without trace. I think a monster’s eaten it. He also put up the curtain rails and oh woe our old curtains are too short. They are miniskirt curtains. Dammit.

He’s coming back this week for a few last minor bits and then to take on the bigger works in the bathroom.

And after that it will be finished. And I will be happy. And not moving house again for a *long* time.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If the curtains are too short, why not lower the curtain poles, so that it's the top part of the window that is uncovered? All you need do then is to wear a Hat whilst you are moving about the room.

I'll get my own coat on the way out...

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

We did quite a bit of box-emptying this afternoon, and discovered that while the stuff that D. packed himself is (so far) still all intact, [Overused] the same can't be said for the stuff that the movers helped him with.

We have a set of little wooden boards that we use as side-plates that D. brought back after his godson's christening in Norway, and two of them have split (I mean really, how do you break something made of wood???); and a few other dishes have arrived in considerably more pieces than they left in. [Frown] So far mostly just cheapies and dollar-store buys, but we haven't unwrapped The Posh Set™ yet. [Eek!]

We think the wooden boards might be reparable with the application of some Superglue, but that's not really the point.

However, the bookshelves are now completely painted, and I've found a place for the pull-out larder (a corner in the hallway opposite the kitchen), which should leave much more space for the dining-table and chairs.

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is a shame about breakages.. I think wood glue may work better than superglue on the wooden side dishes. Called Aquadhere downhere,water soluble and made for wood.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I second the idea of wood glue, SuperGlue works on the principle of the exclusion of air which is very difficult with wood even if you do wet it thoroughly first.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas Aus
Shipmate
# 15869

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas Aus   Email Barnabas Aus   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Probably not water-soluble PVA glue, Piglet. Look for some good-quality waterproof wood glue, apply thinly to both faces and make sure the edges marry up tightly before you quickly wipe away any excess. Leave until completely dry so the bond is complete and strong.
Posts: 375 | From: Hunter Valley NSW | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That sounds good, Barnabas. My suggestion of Aquadhere shows sign of 80s, if not 70s.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas Aus:
[...] apply thinly to both faces and make sure the edges marry up tightly [...]

It not only sounds good, it also sounds terribly romantic! [Axe murder]

May Piglet's and D's, as well as LVER's and hubby's settling in and down be crowned with lasting success and joyfulness, and may they happily live there ever* after. [Smile]

* (or insert appropriate, friendly timeframe)

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
la vie en rouge
If the curtains are far too too short (if you know what I mean) then you could try getting complimenting fabric and giving them a decorative hem? Have a couple of cushion covers in the new fabric and people will think it was your original intention.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That, I have to admit, was a far more useful and sensible suggestion than mine....

I'll shut the door on me way out.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Meh. The curtains are about 10 cm too short with little pathetic bottom hems that are too small to let out.

For the trouble it would take to try and change them I might as well make new ones.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Probably the most sensible idea of all!

IJ

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks for the wood-glue advice, folks - will give it a go. We've had the boards for nearly 30 years, so I don't suppose they owe us anything, but I'd miss them if I didn't have them. When we moved here, I only packed what I thought we'd need (and what would fit in the Pigletmobile), so I only put in two of the boards, never thinking the others would get broken.

I'm pottering around on here waiting for D., who volunteered his services for the Holy Joes'* pancake supper (v. nice pancakes, sausages and indecent quantities of maple syrup), where ladies are Not Permitted in the kitchen.

* The Guild of St. Joseph - the Cathedral gentlemen's association

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

Well, I hope D. brings you back some nice sausages, though personally I'd prefer them without maple syrup. Brown sauce, now that's quite another matter....

IJ

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
...the Cathedral gentlemen's association...

Now that, you'd think, would be an oxymoron!

[Biased]

Pete leaves at a completely indecent hour tomorrow morning which is probably just as well as the bearings on his castor wheels, or one of them, appear to be giving up the ghost making mobility a trifle unsteady on his evening walk last night.

For some reason he wanted a big, thick fleece jacket packed at the top of his bag for easy access when he lands in Toronto - will it really be that much cooler there?

[Eek!]

--------------------

Stercus Tauri
Shipmate
# 16668

- Posted      Profile for Stercus Tauri   Email Stercus Tauri   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Thanks for the wood-glue advice, folks - will give it a go. We've had the boards for nearly 30 years, so I don't suppose they owe us anything, but I'd miss them if I didn't have them. When we moved here, I only packed what I thought we'd need (and what would fit in the Pigletmobile), so I only put in two of the boards, never thinking the others would get broken.

Yellow carpenters' glue is the stuff. The big hardware stores will all have it. You have to make sure you clamp the pieces together tightly while it cures (lots of rubber bands, for example), so there's just the thinnest film between them, and be careful to wipe off the surplus with a wet rag right away. Once it cures, it's hard to remove.

--------------------
Thay haif said. Quhat say thay, Lat thame say (George Keith, 5th Earl Marischal)

Posts: 905 | From: On the traditional lands of the Six Nations. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Actually Wodders, I only need the big fleece in Ottawa (this big fleece is no bigger than the one you wore in Munnar - clutching itself to you like a baby blanket). The forecast is -8 high, and -20 low, so positively balmy.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
quote:
...the Cathedral gentlemen's association...

Now that, you'd think, would be an oxymoron!
Not at all - our Cathedral's full of gentlemen. [Smile]

Pete, you have my sympathy. The only time we had a stop-over in Ottawa it was February, and it had been a particularly balmy February in the UK: real, actual shirt-sleeve weather in the south of England. Ottawa was not balmy; it must have been about -15° with a goodly dollop of wind-chill on top of that, and it came as something of a culture-shock.

Wishing you safe travels and a gagnez on your first Timmy's when you get back!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pete has been delivered into the apparently completely indifferent hands of Air India and we didn't even get to say goodbye!

We got to the airport and unloaded Pete but the Air India outside office wasn't staffed so we took him to the Departures doorway where we were told by big burly armed police to get help from the outside office - DUH! - so I mentioned that it wasn't staffed so they instructed us to push Pete and the trolley through into the building and then were told quite summarily that we then had to leave so we didn't even shake his hand or anything! I doubt he even knew we were leaving.

As far as Customer Care went it was crap both on our part and that of the airline!

He is now half an hour out from Delhi so I fervently hope that he gets better treatment there.

Meanwhile peace, perfect peace, has descended on the house - well, as peaceful as you'd expect with 7 month old twins in the establishment.

[Biased]

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hope Pete has a good onward journey (as pilots like to say!)

Today was the wettest, coldest yukkiest day. Snow, hail, rain and mud mud mud. But I was dressed for the weather and went with a good friend and her dog. So the dogs zoomed for an hour and we happily put the world and the Church to rights, followed by a well earned coffee ☕️ ☕️

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I was just thinking after I posted good wishes to Pete that it seems like five minutes ago that I was wishing him bon voyage on his way to India. Tempus fugit*, eh?

I'm pleased to report that I've (a) remembered why the dinner-plates of a favourite set haven't surfaced: we brought them with us to use in the flat, so they're in a box in D's office; and (b) found Bruno, a generously-proportioned teddy-bear who was in a box guarding some breakables (which didn't get broken). Well done Bruno. [Yipee]

* Time flies; or as the old joke goes, "time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana".

--------------------

la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

Château rouge has got messier, not tidier.

The man is now doing the work plumbing in the shower and moving the washing machine. The place looks like a bombsite again. Also he left the detritus of his lunch sitting right in the middle of the dining table instead of putting it in the bin because, hey, building site. Does he do that at home? [Mad]

It’s supposed to be finished by this evening. We’ll get there…

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It [more than] surprised me recently when we had the decorators painting the outside of the house when they not only cleared away after their snack breaks but they washed up their dishes as well!

I've lazed most of the day but suddenly woke up at 5pm all motivated and raring to go - this is a positive sign.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I did one of the more enjoyable bits of unpacking this afternoon: arranging the main ursularium. [Smile]

We've put a tall set of shelves in one corner of the bedroom and I had a lovely time renewing acquaintance with lots of little bears and arranging them in such a way that they'll enjoy each other's company. This was achieved in part by putting the Norwich and Ipswich bears on different shelves ... [Big Grin]

There are still quite a few bears to be accommodated, but once the office and library are sorted out, there should be plenty of bookshelves with empty tops ripe for ursine colonisation.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
to all those wondering - uneventful flight from Kochi onward to Delhi - usual kerfuffle in Delhi, but nothing serious, Hotel was lovely - 2 nd room was accessible. Flight was long and I am COLD. sighs Must go have breakfast - 2200 Friday, but actually stomach says Saturday morning

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I always knew you were a bit behind the times.

quote:
I say, I say, I say: why does going to eye hospital always remind me of Pete's sense of humour?

I don't know, why does going to the eye hospital always remind you of Pete's sense of humour?

His jokes are cornea than most!

Ta-da!

The twins are both now sort-of crawling - they need watching ALL the time.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
This was achieved in part by putting the Norwich and Ipswich bears on different shelves ...

Different shelves? They need to be in different houses, one of them preferably near Vancouver!
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Piglet! How many bears have you got??? [Eek!] [Confused] [Ultra confused]
Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As another Ursophile I can give an answer to that - not enough!

My collection also includes dogs and cats and Eeyore [who really is a bit of a misery] and a bright red rabbit and a gorgeous raccoon!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:

My collection also includes dogs and cats and Eeyore [who really is a bit of a misery] and a bright red rabbit and a gorgeous raccoon!

And a Christmas koala! And a moose, I think,

[ 04. March 2017, 14:24: Message edited by: Uncle Pete ]

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

All those Bears! And all those Shelves!

However do you do the dusting around them?

[Eek!]

IJ

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

I've been meaning to ask you how Eeyore is doing since you were going to try to move him, IIRC.

(My sister was a life-long lover and collector of bears.)

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Nicodemia:
Piglet! How many bears have you got???

... to which Wodders replied:
quote:
I find that the number of bears we have at any given time is exactly the right number; if another one decides to adopt us*, then that's the new right number. I don't think we've ever counted them, but I'd guess it's somewhat over a hundred. Many of them are very small (under 6 inches tall), so they don't take up quite as much space as you might think, and a few are specifically Christmassy, so will only be on display when the decorations are up.

We also have sundry Other Creatures: several piggies, a badger, an Andrex puppy, a few rabbits, two Clangers and an Eeyore (who, unlike Wodders' one, seems to be reasonably contented wherever he lives).

BT - [Killing me] I couldn't send either of them that far away!!!

* D. sometimes goes into a charity-shop looking for a shirt and comes out having been adopted by a bear. [Smile]

We're just back from supper with one of the Archdeacons, who was a student at Queen's in St. John's when D. taught there, and we had a very jolly evening reminiscing, drinking blueberry mead (much nicer than it sounds) and eating v. good food.

You might like to know that at the moment it's -14°C, and feeling like -24, which is a bit brrrrr even for me. [Eek!]

eta: BF, what is this "dusting" of which you speak??? [Confused]

[ 05. March 2017, 01:29: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Point of pedantry: should a bear-lover really be called an "ursophile"? The word mixes Latin and Greek roots, so wouldn't "arktophile" be better?
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yes it should, thanks for the correction - I knew ursophile wasn't right but had my brain seize on me...

...a not unusual occurrence.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You might want to check ursophile in the Urban Dictionary before you use that particular neologism again, it may not mean what you think it does. Arctophile is the recognised word for a lover of teddy bears.

The misuse of of perfectly good words and phrases is unhelpful. I use glory hole to refer to the store cupboard at one of our sites. I am forever being told off by one of my colleagues, as it is now being used very differently as per urban dictionary.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The word 'television' also mixes Latin and Greek roots, so It seems to be permissible to do that in English.

M.

[ 05. March 2017, 10:50: Message edited by: M. ]

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Automobile and hyperactive do too [Smile]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Being neither a bear nor an ursophile I still should have known that!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've just googled "glory hole". Oh dear. [Eek!]

What am I now supposed to call a repository for junk?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You can see why I didn't provide links to either of those words or phrases, can't you?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Glory hole

Noun

1. A place, such as a cupboard, for storing odds and ends.
2. The opening of a furnace used in glassblowing.
3. A vertical mine shaft or pit used for mining ore.

You're welcome.

My dictionary does not include rood slang! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  44  45  46 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016