homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Moving (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Moving
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hope the move went well, Pete. No sign of Australia being obliterated by flying planets down here, so hope they missed Canada too. I have moved three times in the last ten years but spent most of my life with only one move. It has been a shock to the system and I realised only a week or so ago that I was finally beginning to relax in what is my place.

Take things easy, accept help, be kind to yourself.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9313 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It would be my place, if only the staff here didn't have a master key to pop in at their convenience (which never seems to be mine). However, since it is Saturday, and I got up at 4am, I made a cup of tea and had some toast from my private stash (Breakfast is 3.5 hours away, then 4 hours till lunch, then 5 hours till dinner). I will say the kitchen is doing their best to accommodate my lactose intolerance and vegetarian diet, though, so far, there seems to be a preponderance of things drenched in tomato sauce. However, I bought some chili flakes yesterday, so the taste should improve a little. Still looking for a proper container for my garam masala.

Like BL's Mama, I have taken to wearing pink, because I know it irritates some people. Happily not (yet) my table.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
... I have taken to wearing pink, because I know it irritates some people ...

Not even in there a week, and already starting a revolution ...

Good on you! [Devil]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 19318 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad you got there safely and have got back on-line. Hope you settle in really quickly and they think of other things than tomato-based sauces for you to ear.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 1892 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are still waiting for our house to sell. The last two who looked stayed for an hour, as we drove around out of sight. I had high hopes but alas no offer. We are lucky as we are retired and have no time frame when we need to move, but I would like to get on with it. Time to bury St. Joseph in the yard upside down I am thinking. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2588 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016