homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » The prayers of the people 2018 (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The prayers of the people 2018
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pigwidgeon:
I'll happily bother God on your behalf, Zappa. Please keep us posted.

Thanks all .. good skype conversation .. now they have to make a recommendation to the bishop and he has total say [Paranoid]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For all in need.

My lower back is extremely painful, and there's a good chance that the cancer has spread further into that neighborhood. A bone scan is scheduled for Monday; in the meantime, prayer would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Zappa, that the welcoming door may open wide [Votive]

For Rossweisse [Votive]

For all in need of prayer [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer for WW, Sir K, Zeke, Dormouse, Rossweisse, Zappa, all intentions posted here and those known only to God.

Lord hear our prayers.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could you please bother Our Lord about some family stuff. A mixture of heartbreak and anger.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For all here.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shipmate P was lost - so to say -, but has been found: in fact, her puter seems down again, and for some reason she couldn't be bothered to pick up any of the phones. Some confusionanism, there. She seems ok though, otherwise. (I managed to get in touch.)

Thank you for your prayers!

Indeed, there's no thing too big and no thing too small to bring to God.

[Votive] for all

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Rossweisse, Zappa and SS.

Glad to hear that P. is all right.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all in need [Votive]

For all of us struggling with anxiety or depression (the January blehs) [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying through for all.

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Joining you in prayer for Sioni Sais, those with depression and all intentions posted and unposted.

Lord, graciously hear us.

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for all. [Votive]
(((Rossweisse))) [Votive] [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just to let you know, the operation went well - TBTG - but some "suspicious" cells were found in the sentinel node. So some lymph nodes were removed and sent for analysis.
I have my next appointment with the oncology consultant on 26th January, when I should discover what the next treatment will be. Hoping that it isn't chemo, but if it is, it is. We'll deal with it.
I am remarkably grateful for an insurance policy taken out a few years back that pays a sum of money to cover lost earnings (as I'm self employed) Taking my usual travelling costs into account we'll actually be slightly better off with me not working! Also, 100% medical charges paid. That is a relief and a cause for thanksgiving!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Apologies for double post, but this is to note my prayers for all here - especially Rossweisse & Sioni, but all who need our prayers.
[Votive]

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially prayers continuing to ascend for Dormouse, Rossweisse and SS.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Dormouse

[Votive] For all.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Last Saturday afternoon one of my best friends succumbed to cancer, three years after diagnosis.

One of my best friends has pancreatic cancer.

No contract on the horizon.

My apartment fell through (the deal, not the structure).

I am in an arm cast for another three weeks (that will be ten weeks, total, unless the crack hasn't healed by then, then more).

I've spent the last two days in bed with the flu, and might be unable to attend the funeral tomorrow.

For Peter, Nick, and my relative inconveniences, candles, please.

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh Pangolin, you are heavily burdened.
[Votive]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For Pangolin, industrial strength prayers ascending.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{{PG}}}

Turbo prayers indeed. [Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For Pangolin's Peter, Nick and personal healing [Votive]

For all mentioned here in need of prayer [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

For Pangolin and for all intentions posted here and those known only to God.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for a couple of kids I had to call social services emergency duty team about last night. They've had enough chaos in their lives already [Frown]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jack the Lass

Ship's airhead
# 3415

- Posted      Profile for Jack the Lass   Author's homepage   Email Jack the Lass   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And praying for all here - particularly for Sir Kevin, Dormouse and Zappa. [Votive]

--------------------
"My body is a temple - it's big and doesn't move." (Jo Brand)
wiblog blipfoto blog

Posts: 5767 | From: the land of the deep-fried Mars Bar | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all above

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially JtL and the kids.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For all.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all.

My boyfriend broke up with me over New Year, after we had agreed I would move in with him. Probably need to leave my flat at the end of Feb and have nowhere to go atm.

Worse is the emotional trauma and the fact that it was unexpected. Looking back I can see how much this is my fault and ca't quite forgive myself for how badly I treated him. I wish I had a chance to put things right but I don't think that will happen.

Thankful for friends and for my job (which I feared for 8 months I would lose, but that's another story!).

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive] Lia, for a bright new place to live, and a mended relationship

[Votive] for everyone else here

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers. May your presence be known.

--------------------

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will not be updating unless my father up dates me but please pray for B, my father's neighbour. She is a foster mum and salt of the earth type who had the police around today for some reason. We have reason to be very thankful that B is a neighbour and would like protection for her and those in her care.

Jengie

[ 12. January 2018, 20:30: Message edited by: Jengie jon ]

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Lia and Jengie's dad and B.

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all, here and elsewhere. [Votive]
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have dood in te church and I have carcd and breach and inh.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Praying through for all mentioned, especially Jengie's B [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and especially for our friend D. (who I mentioned up-thread), who's suddenly having a tough time with his health.

--------------------

Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading and praying through the thread.
[Votive]
[Votive]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

[Votive]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016