homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » The prayers of the people 2018 (Page 5)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The prayers of the people 2018
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please could you pray for my sister who is having her anterior cruciate ligament reconstructed under general anaesthetic in a few hours time.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayer that EM's sister's surgery goes well [Votive]

Prayer for all mentioned and all in need of prayer [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially EM's sister, and for ML and the people of Cape Town facing severe water shortages.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sister's surgery went well and she is home - thanks to you all for your prayers and to God for prayers answered.

But now my 94 year old FIL is in hospital with leg ulcers. [Frown]

Joining you all in prayer for Cape Town's dire situation and for all other intentions, whether posted here or not.

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That EM’s sister might make a full recovery and praying for healing for his FIL [Votive]

Praying for calm and civility in a very stressed Cape Town. And for rain [Votive]

Prayer for WW whom I miss reading here [Votive]

Praying for all struggling with loneliness and depression
[Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially EM's father-in-law (and in thanks that your sister's op. went well); and continuing for the people of Cape Town and for WW.

eta: We've got far more water than we need (admittedly most of it frozen) - I wish we could send you some. [Frown]

[ 01. February 2018, 20:35: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have just heard that my ex BIL, K, has been diagnosed with mesothelioma. He has been ill and in severe pain for some months.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A couple of hours after that news, my DIL was told she needed operation on ankle. MRI had revealed damage not shown by x-rays or CT scan.

That will be next Thursday and she will be off work for three months.

Not a good day for family here.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

The Intrepid Mrs S
Shipmate
# 17002

- Posted      Profile for The Intrepid Mrs S   Email The Intrepid Mrs S   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] oh Loth [Votive]

--------------------
Don't get your knickers in a twist over your advancing age. It achieves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Prayer should be our first recourse, not our last resort
'Lord, please give us patience. NOW!'

Posts: 1464 | From: Neither here nor there | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Loth's DiL and all the family. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You could do without all that, Loth.

[Votive] for you, your family and all others in need.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all above

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for a family I know - single parent likely to die imminently, child old enough to be told and to tell others that parent is very poorly and might go to heaven soon but too young to really understand this. Both of them have really had far too much rubbish to deal with in their lives. [Votive]

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dormouse:
... [Votive] for all, but esp Rossweisse. I hope you soon find flexibility and movement again, Ross. Back pain is horrible at the best of times, and this isn't the best of times.

Likewise chemo. Prayers ascending, dear Dormouse.

[Votive] For Loth.

[Votive] For all in need.

I am grateful to be safely home from the pilgrimage; my companions were a huge help to me. (Greece is lovely, but it's not the best spot in which to suffer from mobility issues.) My back is a little better; I'm waiting to hear what treatments might be offered besides Lidocaine patches and the odd Ibuprofen.

[ 03. February 2018, 02:02: Message edited by: Rossweisse ]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

My sister whose ex was diagnosed yesterday with mesothelioma has just spoken to me, very upset, as is their daughter, another K. I think he is possibly gravely ill. He is on hourly doses of endone. Hourly! And still in pain. My guess is that doctors think there is little time. Why else hourly of that dreadful drug?

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For the family mentioned by Zoey [Votive]

For Dormouse [Votive]

For Rossweise [Votive]

For Loth’s sister, niece and former BIL
[Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers for all - what a difficult time.

And we need some, as well. D's son has had a nasty infection that is going round. One of the visiting nurses had had something which sounds very like it, and recovered, but he has had a very disturbing effect of a limited and selective dysphasia - he is fighting to recall nouns, including names, in order to communicate what he wants to eat and drink, and I think I am going to have to persuade him into A&E when he wakes up again. D is not coping with this well, and has got very upset that he is blanking her out, which has got him worked up and his headache back. It has not been a good night.
I can't see how we are going to go forward from this.

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
I would appreciate prayers for a conversation I will be having tomorrow. I've got to tell people about a decision I have made and I don't think they are going to like it...

It didn't go well. The main person I needed to talk to didn't turn up (he knew I wanted to talk to him, though not what about) so I emailed him instead. No response yet and I now feel I've made a mess of everything. As usual [Frown]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No date yet for start of chemo, but likely to be mid-Feb. We are really hoping it will fit round a planned-and-paid-for trip to Liverpool/Manchester, with tickets for Bill Bailey and Elbow. And that I won't be too fatigued to enjoy it all.

This world feels so hurt and bruised and broken at the moment. [Votive] for all who need them.

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Prayers arising [Votive]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Zoey's friends, Loth's b-in-l, Dormouse, Rossweisse, Abigail and Penny, D. and D's son.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] Prayers ascending for all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for everyone by name.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wet and it was church and he church me.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Telepath
Ship's Steamer Trunk
# 3534

- Posted      Profile for Telepath   Email Telepath   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For daisymay.

--------------------
Take emptiness and lying speech far from me, and do not give me poverty or wealth. Give me a living sufficient for me.

Posts: 3509 | From: East Anglia | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Praying through, for all, by name.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

So many in need here - please be assured you are in my prayers.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

Also FIL now out of hospital and doing well thank you all, and thanks the Lord.

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
D's son is recovering, and much more coherent. Still has headaches, and finds being vertical less easy than it should be.
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mrs Sioni's autistic great-nephew handled a six hour trip to his Nana's funeral, the funeral itself and the trip back without a meltdown, something of a landmark for all concerned. My admiration for his parents knows no bounds.

On the other front (education) Ofsted did their annual review of Speciaal Needs education in the county so they got some suitably scathing comments from Z's parents M & J, and a few others they have mobilised.

[Votive] for Z and his sister L, parents J, M and everyone in the same position
[Votive] My shipmates and their friends and relations in need.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

--------------------

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pray for my Dear Spouse, Ellen1 ( I am Ellen2 in real life)... we had to go to the hospital today after she developed pancreatitis and kidney failure. Her blood pressure also dropped dangerously low. She was in the ER twice I’m the last four days. No one can discover why this is happening. We are waiting for a consult right now. She’s in less distress, and they’re just pushing fluids into her, but what precipitated this is a big mystery.

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How awful, poor thing. [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] That's terrifying. Prayers for Ellen 1 ascending.

[Votive] For the members of my cancer support group, some of whom are having a hard time.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{{Ellen1}}} [Votive]

--------------------

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

For LutheranChik and Ellen1 [Votive]

For Sioni Sais' family [Votive]

For all in need of prayer [Votive]

For all struggling with cancer [Votive]

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

[Votive]
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

quote:
Originally posted by MaryLouise:
For LutheranChik and Ellen1 [Votive]

For Sioni Sais' family [Votive]

For all in need of prayer [Votive]

For all struggling with cancer [Votive]

Amen.

Also I'm very grumpy today. I don't deserve your prayers but I do need them.

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all here [Votive]

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Could I ask your prayers for my dad, who turned 93 today? He's at the stage of "end-of-life" treatments; he's begun to reject his peg-feeder and the nurses in the home where he's been for the last 3 years are talking about syringe drivers. It looks as if we're going to have to make a trip across the Pond sooner rather than later.

In some ways I'm not upset, because for the last year or two he's been "ready to go"; as he put it to a friend, he feels as if he's in a waiting room and has missed the bus. My mum died six years ago, and I think a good bit of his raison d'être died with her.

--------------------

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for piglet's Dad, and for those caring for him.

Hope you get to see him before he gets promoted to glory.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all here, and elsewhere.

[Votive]

And let our cry come unto thee.

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading through and praying for all
[Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Bishops Finger:
[Votive] for piglet's Dad, and for those caring for him.

Hope you get to see him before he gets promoted to glory.

IJ

Sadly, that's unlikely. I don't know whether he would know me, and he hasn't been able to communicate for some time now. At the moment our plan is to be over after rather than before, as D. will be expected to play for the funeral when the time comes.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Piglet, prayers that your father's passing is as peaceful and comfortable as possible, and comfort for you and the rest of your family.

[Votive]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For Piglet and her pater, for a comfortable end for him and peace for all.

Just a few weeks after finally recovering from a nasty virus, I seem to be coming down with another one. (So much for zinc tablets.) Prayers for good physical health would be appreciated; I'm horribly behind already.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

LutheranChik
Shipmate
# 9826

- Posted      Profile for LutheranChik   Author's homepage   Email LutheranChik   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For best outcomes for all; for peace. [Votive]

--------------------
Simul iustus et peccator
http://www.lutheranchiklworddiary.blogspot.com

Posts: 6462 | From: rural Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016