homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » The prayers of the people 2018 (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The prayers of the people 2018
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My condolences Piglet. x

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For Piglet and family.

And if you could please continue to pray for I and his mother, A
A was admitted to hospital at the weekend. She can't stand and has stopped eating. She has had trouble swallowing for a long time and they suspect throat cancer. I is distraught.

--------------------
The older I get the less I know.

Posts: 505 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gee D
Shipmate
# 13815

- Posted      Profile for Gee D     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And from us also, Piglet.

--------------------
Not every Anglican in Sydney is Sydney Anglican

Posts: 7028 | From: Warrawee NSW Australia | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] For Piglet and family.

[Votive] For St. Sebastian et al.

[Votive] For all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Landlubber
Shipmate
# 11055

- Posted      Profile for Landlubber   Email Landlubber   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
For Piglet and family
For St Sebastian and family

--------------------
They that go down to the sea in ships … reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man

Posts: 383 | From: On dry land | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks again, everyone.

[Votive] for all in need, especially Abigail's A. and I., and for St. Sebastian and the soul of his mum.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her.

St. Peter's having a busy couple of days ... [Tear]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Piglet and family

For St Sebastian and family

For Abigail’s I and his mother A

For Uncle Pete’s family and friends

For WW

For all of us entering into the penance of Lent this Ash Wednesday

For star-crossed lovers everywhere and those with no Valentine to celebrate

[Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Many years ago D saved my life by running me home from church. Today I learnt that his father F has advanced pancreatic cancer. Please pray for F, D and their family.

Thanks

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On top of the tragedies, sorrows and losses felt by so many a deal of family shit has come raining down. I could easily post in Hell on the Difficult Relatives thread but I have faith that Things Can Get Better. They may not Only Get Better, but with wisdom, care and love they may do so.

I do feel however that some will get hurt and as little ones are concerned I just hope it isn't them. My view is that adults should behave as such, desist from troublemaking for whatever reason known or unknown, deliberate or inadvertent, and give us the strength to protect those kids.

Thank you for your forbearance. [Votive]

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for the light of God's love to shine through and protect in SS's situation

[Votive] for all above

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for F, D, and family

[Votive] for SS's Difficult Relatives

[Votive] for all in need

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Leaf
Shipmate
# 14169

- Posted      Profile for Leaf     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for Piglet. Campbellite once compared the passing of a very elderly person to "a library burning down" [Frown] praying for comfort and safe travels.

[Votive] for Sioni Sais. May the winds of shit blow in some other direction!

[Votive] for so many more here whose needs are known or unknown. [Votive]

Posts: 2786 | From: the electrical field | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Students and parents (and other loved ones) of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School could sure use our prayers. [Votive] [Votive] [Votive]

Special prayers for the friends and loved ones of the dead and injured. [Waterworks] [Votive]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Graven Image
Shipmate
# 8755

- Posted      Profile for Graven Image   Email Graven Image   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers. [Votive]
Posts: 2641 | From: Third planet from the sun. USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] for all in need, especially Jengie's F. and D.; SS's family; and all affected by the shooting in Florida and for the souls of those who were killed.

May they rest in peace and rise in glory.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] Kyrie eleison

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Piglet. [Votive]

And for all affected by the shooting in Florida. [Votive]

And for everyone else mentioned here. [Votive]

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

- Posted      Profile for Abigail     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Abigail:
[Votive]
...And if you could please continue to pray for I and his mother, A...

A died yesterday morning. [Tear]
Praying for I who is devastated [Votive]

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For A, and for I.

[Votive] For all victims of gun violence, and for the stirring of conscience in those who could do something about it, but won't.

[Votive] For all mentioned here.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, especially Abigail's I., and for the soul of A.

This really hasn't been a good week: I heard today that my cousin L. (who was also a very good friend, although we'd rather lost touch over recent years) died this morning from complications following surgery. She was 53.

Rest eternal grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

Oh, Piglet. [Votive]

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Abigail
Shipmate
# 1672

For all here [Votive]

--------------------

Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I start chemotherapy on Thursday. While I'm not scared about the reoccurence of cancer I am more-than-a-little apprehensive about what the effects of chemo will be. Also very disappointed that it means I will miss out on a trip home to see my mum, plus a Bill Bailey comedy gig, and an Elbow concert - all planned & paid for before this bastard cancer reared its ugly head

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

{{{Dormouse}}}

[Votive] for you, and for all others in need.

--------------------

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

(((Dormouse)))

A lot depends on the kind of chemo. PM me if you'd like to discuss anything.

[Votive] For you

[Votive] For all in need

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive]
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(Dormouse)

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For Abigail's friend I who has lost his mother [Votive]

For the soul of Piglet's cousin L. May she rest in peace and rise in glory [Votive]

For Dormouse [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Could I please ask for prayer for a tiny (literally!) thing? - I've mislaid my mobile phone somewhere in the house, and it would be helpful to have it again, as I need to fiddle something on it.

I have a replacement one, and don't use it very often, but still.

Thank you very much.

[Votive] for all

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it on? Have a friend phone that number, and see if you can track it by the ring.

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

[Votive] for all in need, and an extra [Votive] to St. Anthony for Wesley's mobile.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Clough:
Is it on? Have a friend phone that number, and see if you can track it by the ring.

Nope. Or I could talk to myself with my other phone. But I guess I'm doing that anyway!

[Votive]

--------------------

Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
yeah, prayer is your only hope!

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 6378 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meanwhile, in a rather remote part of the world:

Church shooting in Dagestan

[Votive] for those killed or injured.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For all who have died - may they find in the Lord a place of light, refreshment and peace.

For the sick, that they may know the comforting presence of Jesus.

For all the intentions on this thread and for those known only to God.

For us all, at this favourable time.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
(((Piglet)))
(((Dormouse)))

Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] For all in need.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it just me, or has this been a particularly bad month for shipmates?

For all in need or distress.

[Votive]

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know about others but I had a week from hell last week. Pete was part of it, but there was a good deal more.

[ 20. February 2018, 00:15: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

[Votive] Loth [Axe murder]

[Votive] all

--------------------

Alex Cockell

Ship’s penguin
# 7487

- Posted      Profile for Alex Cockell     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm lonely and need a cuddle.
Posts: 2146 | From: Reading, Berkshire UK | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Huia
Shipmate
# 3473

- Posted      Profile for Huia   Email Huia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The remains of tropical cyclone Gita are about to hit NZ. A state of Emergency has already been declared in Christchurch which has always been flood prone, but more so since the quakes.

So, in solidarity with other Pacific nations who bore the full brunt of the full cyclone, and didn't have either the money or infrastructure the way NZ has, I'm asking for your prayers tonight.

Huia

--------------------
Charity gives food from the table, Justice gives a place at the table.

Posts: 10382 | From: Te Wai Pounamu | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

[Votive] for Lothlorien

[Votive] for Alex

[Votive] for the people affected by the cyclone, in NZ and elsewhere

[Votive] for all in need

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
{{Alex, and all needing a Group Hug}}

[Votive] Jesu, mercy. Mary, pray.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please could I ask your prayers for the repose of the soul of JJ, who dies on 12 February at the age of 84 after a long decline. Also for comfort for his surviving brother J.

Praying for all intentions here and for those know only to God.

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016