homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » 2018, let us be thankful (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Source: (consider it) Thread: 2018, let us be thankful
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive]

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Votive] reading [Votive] praingg [Votive] and i was in the baed in the church and I wit later in the church/

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Always good and encouraging to read you, daisy may.

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Posts: 646 | From: Cape Town | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For surgeons, oncologists, medical teams, drugs, friends who think of things I hadn't considered, for MrD, for everything that is good about this situation I find myself in. Thank you God.
"For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says "Do not fear; I will help you"

It's a big adventure I'm setting out on, that I didn't choose, but which will happen anyway. I might as well try to enjoy the ride!!(if cancer can be said to be a "ride"!!)

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dormouse, you're an absolute inspiration - I very much doubt that I'd be saying much on the "praise and thanksgiving" thread if I were in your situation.

[Overused] [Votive] [Overused]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For the nurse who came on Friday, and said she would like to see D in clean clothes on the next visit. I've offered to wash clothes, but she's kept them on, and she's ever ready to accuse me of being dictatorial, so I sort of gave up on that. But they are now clean, she's got laundered things that have been waiting for ages actually on, and I've got her some new stuff as well, so she can change regularly - hopefully. Thank you nurse, for being the one who not only noticed, but commented.
Dormouse

Glis glis – Ship's rodent
# 5954

- Posted      Profile for Dormouse   Email Dormouse   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For a dear friend who has offered to pay for a holiday for MrD and me when everything is "better"! A holiday?! We are blown away by her generosity.

And Piglet, no, not an inspiration...Just trying to get through this the best I can!

--------------------
What are you doing for Lent?
40 days, 40 reflections, 40 acts of generosity. Join the #40acts challenge for #Lent and let's start a movement. www.40acts.org.uk

Posts: 3042 | From: 'twixt les Bois Noirs & Les Monts de la Madeleine | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] it have been at the chursh and bith at both at veld as pread

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
X-rays yesterday, and no follow-up cast after ten weeks! Thanks be to God.

[Votive]

Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] praying [Votive] soding [Votive] and I work in e church ad it was good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pangolin Guerre:
X-rays yesterday, and no follow-up cast after ten weeks! Thanks be to God.

[Votive]

That is good news for you.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My sister is safely back from surgery. Thank you for your prayers and thank you Father for prayers answered.

[Votive]

--------------------
And I shot a man in Tesco, just to watch him die.

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and I waths in the church and it was good.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

- Posted      Profile for Erroneous Monk   Email Erroneous Monk   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Giving thanks for the vocations of all who have chosen to live religious lives, whether in religious orders or otherwise.

[Votive]

--------------------

Posts: 2950 | From: I cannot tell you, for you are not a friar | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bishops Finger
Shipmate
# 5430

- Posted      Profile for Bishops Finger   Email Bishops Finger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amen to that.

In other news, praise be to God that my toenailectomy was nowhere near as painful (during or after) as I had feared, and that the two Episcopal Toes affected are healing up nicely.

IJ

--------------------
Our words are giants when they do us an injury, and dwarfs when they do us a service. (Wilkie Collins)

Posts: 10151 | From: Behind The Wheel Again! | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] it been in the schurs and it was bood

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Glad to hear that the episcopal piggies are on the mend! [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] I have been in he church and it was good .

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of goodness, decency, common sense, well-being, joy and upliftedness on the planet, despite those many bad things in the news. Thankful for this - like, over and over again, calm in the midst of the storm and of the sheer madness of the world. Amazing grace.

[Votive]

[ 03. February 2018, 22:05: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

- Posted      Profile for MaryLouise   Author's homepage   Email MaryLouise   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What Wesley said. [Votive]

--------------------
“As regards plots I find real life no help at all. Real life seems to have no plots.”

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] and it was a curc and a long wate

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Dear Lord, another day to love you!

[Votive]

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] peding [Votive] praying [Votive] and I was in the church and it was gread and it was.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] reading [Votive] praying [Votive] she was in the church and I was in here.

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Rossweisse

High Church Valkyrie
# 2349

- Posted      Profile for Rossweisse     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
God bless you, daisymay.

--------------------
I'm not dead yet.

Posts: 15117 | From: Valhalla | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Erroneous Monk
Shipmate
# 10858

Bless God for His goodness - a great parents' evening. Teachers seem to be enjoying teaching the boy and to be pleased with his behaviour and achievement. Long may it last!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Great stuff.

AND - it's half term next week!

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

[Votive] praying [Votive] surid [Votive] and I was in the church at sind

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dil is home now after ankle surgery and says she is exhausted but in significantly less pain than she has had since accident almost a month ago.

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

MaryLouise
Shipmate
# 18697

Good news, Lothlorien.

--------------------

-- Ivy Compton-Burnett

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Glad to hear it, Loth - wishing her a swift recovery!

--------------------

Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks and praise for the life and work of my friend M, to whom we gave a splendid send-off at Lichfield Cathedral yesterday. Good to know she died soon after being taken ill, so no long-drawn-out suffering.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was going to put this on the prayer request thread, but enough time has passed that I can breathe a sigh of relief and make this praise.

A very sweet young lady in the community where I work— let’s call her Dulce, because she is— got a call from someone claiming to be a representative of ICE, telling her she had tax issues that would threaten her work visa. ( from that point he continued on with the bank info/ iTunes card demands that tax scammers have been using for the last two years.

I overheard her boss tell her these people were crooks, and that ICE doesn’t operate that way. It was suggested she report the number to the IRS, but Dulce was understandably reluctant to draw attention to herself.

And she didn’t come to work the next day.

Since I had heard very little about the situation and it would not be appropriate for me to ask around, I told myself she was probably taking time off to review the situation, but due to the current immigration environment I was beating back catastrophic thoughts until she came back. Again I kept my ears peeled going by the office, and heard her telling her boss that everything checked out. All seems normal now.

Anyway— this is not the first time we’ve had one of these scares, and it won’t be the last. For now, Praise God that Dulce is ok.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

I am doig chuch

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Praying for Uncle Pete. See Smudgie's post on the Canada thread

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
sabine
Shipmate
# 3861

- Posted      Profile for sabine   Email sabine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OMG!! I am posting on a small phone with only one eye. The above belongs in the prayer thread.

sabine

--------------------
"Hunger looks like the man that hunger is killing." Eduardo Galeano

Posts: 5887 | From: the US Heartland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Polly Plummer
Shipmate
# 13354

- Posted      Profile for Polly Plummer   Email Polly Plummer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is confusing, hosts, that the prayer thread and the thanksgiving thread have changed places!
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've been thinking that, Polly. I think it may be to do with the relative times that each thread was started. I'll ask upstairs to see if they can be swapped.

Piglet, AS host

--------------------

Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

Piglet I have already asked about the manner to do it.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heartfelt thanksgiving - it's half-term!

Even more thanksgiving if I manage to do half the things I have earmarked for the week....

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:
Piglet I have already asked about the manner to do it.

To all wanting a reversal of the order of posts. It can be done, but is a bit messy.

However. We now know how to avoid it happeneing, so when the new boards arrive, we will be careful to get them right.

[ 12. February 2018, 19:39: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Thanks Lothlorien! [Smile]

--------------------

Penny S
Shipmate
# 14768

- Posted      Profile for Penny S     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can hear, the other side of the flimsy bedroom wall, my friend breathing peacefully in his sleep. He has been finding sleep very difficult with his flu (or whatever it is) and his mother rabbiting on about trivia - he usually spends the night with her to make sure she used stairs safely, and she does not sleep at normal times - never has. Good peaceful sleep is what he very much needs.
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

It was so good to hear DIL say she was beginning to feel good in and about herself.Thr3ee weeks out from ankle reconstruction after accident occurred near the end of January.

No pain meds all day yesterda till evening was goofd too. She has check up with surgeon tomorrow and is resigned to more weeks of antibiotics for infection in the wound.

My teenaged granddaughter had them for three months for golden staph picked up in hospital when wounds from being hit by a car were dressed. I don’t think DIL has that problem but knows it is not a quick fix.

--------------------

Lia
Shipmate
# 7396

- Posted      Profile for Lia   Email Lia   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I asked for prayers a while ago in relation to a prolonged and nasty disciplinary process that could have led to dismissal.

It took 8 months of huge stress but I have kept my job and want to give thanks to my wonderfully supportive boss and all the friends who supported me through a horrible period.

Although I handled the stress will on the job, the anger I vented at my boyfriend as a result, has cost my my relationship, but that is another story (one for the prayer thread again...)

Posts: 127 | From: Cherry Tree Lane | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016