homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Community discussion   » All Saints   » Wakefield Rhubarb Festival Fri 23 rd February

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.    
Source: (consider it) Thread: Wakefield Rhubarb Festival Fri 23 rd February
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi sorry for the late notice said l would post something about this but just remembered today.
We will be in Wakefield this Fri about 11.15 aiming to catch the 10.31 train from Huddersfield.
Is anyone free to meet up. Will have a look round then find somewhere for lunch. Then prob have another look in the afternoon.

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry LRP, I meant to DM you about this. Yes I'll be at the Rhubarb Fest on Friday, possibly with MuminElmet in tow. Should we meet you somewhere at lunchtime? Possibly at the Cathedral doors?

It's a pity there aren't picnic benches like Huddersfield Food Festival as we could have eaten festival food.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, I can't run away for the day, as I'm now in the clutches of the hospital clinics as of last Friday, and once they'd finished having hysterics last week at my first appointment, argued about whether they should keep me in or not, they demanded the pleasure of my company again this Friday for a follow up.

To add to the joys, my GP is seeing me later in the day as well. (At least, if I'm let out he will.)

Have a lovely time! I'd rather be in Wakefield...

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

- Posted      Profile for LRP   Email LRP   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We have managed to find some seating in the past to have festival food but it was too cold last year. Will meet you by Cathederal doors at about 12.30.We could find the place we ate last year unless you have other suggestions but we found the Cathederal cafe too busy an cramped.
Our Daughter in law is joining us all being well.

Posts: 420 | From: Yorkshire lass, born and bred. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Japes:
I'd rather be in Wakefield...

That's probably the first time anyone's said that [Biased] Sorry you're having trouble, Japes. I hope that the doctors sort you out.

LRP: yes we can be at the Cathedral at 12.30. Do you remember where you went to eat last time?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Along from bull ring will try an locate it before we meet up and get the name l know they did a rhubarb drink.
LRP
Shipmate
# 5013

Lovely meet up for lunch today.
Found the place we ate at last year on way back. We found it last time when we came round the back way from the station after the town hall and on the opposite side. Called jamelios
Food was different to last time Tapas and Steaks.
We stopped for a drink to get out of the cold.
Really enjoyed our lunch choice great salad bar with salmon. Recommend the ham as well.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

quote:
Originally posted by LRP:
Lovely meet up for lunch today.
Found the place we ate at last year on way back. We found it last time when we came round the back way from the station after the town hall and on the opposite side. Called jamelios
Food was different to last time Tapas and Steaks.
We stopped for a drink to get out of the cold.
Really enjoyed our lunch choice great salad bar with salmon. Recommend the ham as well.

Aha, I know which place you mean now. It changes it's cuisine every couple of years.

It was nice to see you too. I'm sorry I missed the mulled cider, I didn't think they'd let me in the library with it.

--------------------

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016