homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Technical support (Page 25)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Technical support
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We're getting somewhat off the topic here. Seldom a good look for The Styx.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 29840 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brenda Clough
Shipmate
# 18061

- Posted      Profile for Brenda Clough   Author's homepage   Email Brenda Clough   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I have, oh let me see. A work computer. A home computer. An Ipad. And now, God bless it, a smart phone. I am able to access and log into SoF on the first three. Mysteriously, on the Android, even though I am using the very user name I use here, and my proper password, it doesn't recognize me. Is it something about Androids that is accursed?

--------------------
Science fiction and fantasy writer with a Patreon page

Posts: 5355 | From: Washington DC | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've an android tablet that I never had trouble logging in on. It is older, so not running whatever version of the OS is current, though.

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16600 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't log into the Ship on my Android either. It tells me the password is incorrect but I'm certain I'm typing it correctly. I don't care, though, as I never use the Android to surf the web except as a last resort.

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 10218 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My droid has difficulty connecting with the Ship. But then it does tend to blather on about how it can speak Bocce (I now know better than to ask), and that sort of backhanded self-aggrandizement doesn't play well on the boards.
Posts: 15096 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have an android, not even one that speaks Bocce. But, I have noticed on touch screen devices that letting the keyboard auto-complete login details sometimes inserts a space at the end, which is then invalid. Which may have nothing to do with the problems on (newer) Android devices.

--------------------
Don't Brexit if you haven't a scooby how to fix it.

Posts: 31964 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Typing this painfully slow response on my ancient android tablet. Had to log in, though it did autofill my name and password

--------------------
So goodnight moon, I want the sun
If it's not here soon, I might be done
No it won't be too soon 'til I say goodnight moon

- A. N. Parsley, D. Mcvinni

Posts: 16600 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm trying to purchase a custom title "President of the Universe I am so Great there has never been so fantastic and great a President as me and I've been saying that for a long time" but after going past the credit card option screen it tells me to fop off and gives me a 404 file not found error. I tried it a few days ago using the Aussie dollars option, and just now using the default GBP option.

--------------------
The opinions expressed above are transitory emotional responses and do not necessarily reflect the considered views of the author.

Posts: 1005 | From: Romsey, Vic, AU | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You have hit the recently installed Trump Filter....

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18499 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by simontoad:
I'm trying to purchase a custom title "President of the Universe I am so Great there has never been so fantastic and great a President as me and I've been saying that for a long time" but after going past the credit card option screen it tells me to fop off and gives me a 404 file not found error. I tried it a few days ago using the Aussie dollars option, and just now using the default GBP option.

Apologies. All the financial features are handled personally by the Captain and his pet SysAdmin. Also, I do not have write access to the image database if you were also interested in a custom avatar. However, if you PM me a somewhat more brief Custom Title, I can make that happen for you. As long as you don't mind me intentionally spelling it wrong or accidentally changing your avatar to something similar to a Georgia O'Keeffe.
Posts: 15096 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
simontoad--

Please do not use an avatar of the guy that your proposed title implies.

If you do, one of three things will happen:

1) We will ship him down to Oz to live with *you*, and put him on security lists so he can't come back here;

2) We will whisk you away to live in that pale building with him, for as long as he's in that job, and he might even put you to work;

3) We will give him your contact info, for all those times when he's lonely and just needs to talk.

[Biased] [Two face] [Cool]

But a serious request. [Angel]

Thanks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?"--Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon"
--"I'm not giving up--and neither should you." --SNL

Posts: 17647 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

- Posted      Profile for simontoad   Email simontoad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
lol at all three responses [Smile] I shall send PM with non-Trump related title.

--------------------
The opinions expressed above are transitory emotional responses and do not necessarily reflect the considered views of the author.

simontoad
Ship's Amphibian
# 18096

umm, in making up the funny Trump one I kind of forgot the title I really wanted. I'll send Rook a PM when I remember it.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016