homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Technical support (Page 7)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  23  24  25 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Technical support
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Far as I know we only have the one instaled on the computer, so it's not really an option to try.

I'm assuming it's my problem, I'm just hoping that someone has some idea what the problem is!

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

- Posted      Profile for Nicolemr   Author's homepage   Email Nicolemr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've also just tried clearing the cookies and the temporary internet files and that didn't help either.

--------------------
On pilgrimage in the endless realms of Cyberia, currently traveling by ship. Now with live journal!

Posts: 11803 | From: New York City "The City Carries On" | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nicolemr
Shipmate
# 28

Hate to triple post, but I just wanted to say that, knock wood, for the moment at least, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I have no idea why, I didn't try anything new, didn't change anything, or take any other action, but I now seem to be able to get into Heaven. Go figure.

--------------------

sanityman
Shipmate
# 11598

- Posted      Profile for sanityman   Email sanityman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I've just had email notification of a PM, but no PM registers when I log in. I noticed that someone else had had similar problems, but didn't see the solution..?

As has been pointed out, had the contact details in the email so end of world != nigh [Biased]

- Chris.

--------------------
Prophesy to the wind, to the wind only for only the wind will listen - TS Eliot

Posts: 1453 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You've got an option for people to email you through the board software, rather than having your email address visible to all. Such emails will look very similar to PM notifications.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sanityman
Shipmate
# 11598

- Posted      Profile for sanityman   Email sanityman   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
You've got an option for people to email you through the board software, rather than having your email address visible to all. Such emails will look very similar to PM notifications.

And lo, when the email was read it was revealed to be exactly as the Admin had fortold.
And the sound of slapping of foreheads was heard in the land [Hot and Hormonal]

Cheers,

- Chris.

--------------------
Prophesy to the wind, to the wind only for only the wind will listen - TS Eliot

Posts: 1453 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just bumping this up for use if people have name change questions.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I seem to have pressed some combination of keys that has made the board text bigger. It hasn't affected the side-bar, or the main Ship site text, just the boards.

Any idea what the keys for de-bigging the text are?

I'm using IE 6.0, if it matters.

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Albert Ross
Shipmate
# 3241

- Posted      Profile for Albert Ross   Email Albert Ross   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Chapelhead

Was it "View", "Text Size" in Internet Explorer?

Albert

--------------------
Elegant, concise and full of meaning.

Posts: 80 | From: Thames Estuary | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You can also affect text size by holding the 'Alt Gr' key and using the mouse scroll wheel. My guess is that the HTML code for the non-board parts of the site sets the text size with little room for the user to change it, but that boards software doesn't fix text size.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I think it must have been Alt Gr and the scroll button that caused the problem, but both that and >View >Text size work to solve it.

Thanks to you both. [Smile]

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is there any way I can instruct SoF to log me out if I am inactive for a certain length of time a/o if the browser window with SoF closes a/o similar situation?

I only have access to the 'net via internet cafes or (sporadically) via my landlord's 'puter. I was a little unnerved today to find that, having forgotten to log off on Saturday, I am still logged in to SoF on my landlord's puter 3 days later, even though the puter has been switched off for some of that time. Obviously, I'm going to become much more careful about remembering to log out, but is there any way I can set up some kind of log-out safety-net?

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mountainsnowtiger:
Is there any way I can instruct SoF to log me out if I am inactive for a certain length of time a/o if the browser window with SoF closes a/o similar situation?

I only have access to the 'net via internet cafes or (sporadically) via my landlord's 'puter. I was a little unnerved today to find that, having forgotten to log off on Saturday, I am still logged in to SoF on my landlord's puter 3 days later, even though the puter has been switched off for some of that time. Obviously, I'm going to become much more careful about remembering to log out, but is there any way I can set up some kind of log-out safety-net?

Not that I'm aware of - it's something you'll need to get into the habit of doing before you switch the PC off.

In fact, it's a good habit to get into for all sites that involve logging in and logging out. Particularly if you share a PC

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12701 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know if I'm the only one having this, but ever since about 11 o'clock GMT today, the ship has been moving so slowly (we're talking minutes to access a thread here) that I've given up trying.

AFAIK, I haven't changed any technical settings on my PC, all I've done is defragment the disc, but that was after it got really slow.

Anyone any ideas what might be up?

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

- Posted      Profile for fabula rasa   Email fabula rasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
works OK for me...
Posts: 465 | From: scepter'd isle | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lots of Yay

Cookies enabled
# 2790

- Posted      Profile for Lots of Yay   Author's homepage   Email Lots of Yay   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have just installed the new upgrade of Firefox and have discovered that it does auto spell checking in fields such as this one that I'm typing in now (er* so that would be all text box thingies*). I have no idea if it can be turned off, however I am offering this piece of news in case it interests any of the copying and pasting people.

*(Apparently "er" and "thingies" are not proper words)

--------------------
Current status: idle
Tales of Variable Yayness
Photos of stuff. Including Pooka!

Posts: 2006 | From: the plasticine room | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Firefox 2.0 works well for me for the Ship and all the other stuff out there.

The spellcheck feature can be turned on or off by going to the toolbar at the top of the browser: click on Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Browsing -> Check my spelling as I type.

Hope this helps. [Smile]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mama Thomas
Shipmate
# 10170

- Posted      Profile for Mama Thomas   Email Mama Thomas   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dear Admin/Host

Sorry for posting here, but since Friday, I've noticed I have a PM but I can't get to it. Can't go to my profile. Tried PMing an admin/host but get a snitty notice about cakes. (I didn't block anything). Also, no email notice has come of the PM as they always have before.

Sorry for posting here, but don't know where else to go.

Thanks,

Mama Thomas

--------------------
All hearts are open, all desires known

Posts: 3742 | From: Somewhere far away | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
As I've said many times, whenever I notice that e-mail notifications of PMs are bounced back to the board admin address, I lock profiles until the member in question fixes the problem. As part of the conditions for participation here you are required to have a valid, working e-mail address. If the e-mail address in your profile is valid, then you need to take steps to fix the bouncing. If the e-mail address is not valid, provide me with one that works. Either way, e-mail me when you've got this sorted and I'll turn your privileges back on.

[ 06. November 2006, 09:25: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Celsti
Shipmate
# 4523

- Posted      Profile for Celsti   Email Celsti   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...
Just wondering if anyone has any tips about Java. Apparently my computer has Java disabled/doesn't have it/something like that and I can't use the cafe (not to mention any other Java related doovers).
I know next to nothing about computers and can't find any tips in Windows Help. I think the time may have come to reveal my complete lack of brain.

--------------------
Gunwog gumwam gore gadum, Nuda beiwud nadug, manedjare wengi, nuda ganmargmanbun. Mark 1:11, Gunwinggu.

Posts: 787 | From: the beyonderland | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

You can get any version of Java from this page. For our Cafe, the newest versions of Java don't work so select 1.4.2 of the standard edition (the first drop down menu) then the run time environmnet from the next page ... installing the software should result in it all being set up to run with your browser.

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I am unable to log out.

I logged out as 'Jimmy B', but my log in reverted to my previous screen name. I deleted cookies, but have remained logged in as that name. And when I log out, I get the logged out message but remain logged in.

[Edit: after I logged out, I composed and posted this msg with my old screen name showing, but it has posted correctly

Edit2: Cookies del'd using the facility in profile]

[ 23. November 2006, 13:02: Message edited by: Jimmy B ]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erm,

Don't know if this is just me, but I can no longer get the links in the left hand frame to work. when I click them (either left click, or right-click-open-in-new-window) nothing happens.

J

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zoey

Broken idealist
# 11152

- Posted      Profile for Zoey   Email Zoey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
If I log into the Cafe and then, at the bottom of the page with the Cafe commandments, where there should be the 'connect to Cafe' button, there is instead the message 'DigiChat requires a Java Compatible web browser to run', does that mean the computer I'm on will not run the Cafe?

*sigh* - well, this is technically a university library so I suppose it's sort of fair enough that they're not going to allow me to chat [Waterworks]

--------------------
Pay no mind, I'm doing fine, I'm breathing on my own.

Posts: 3095 | From: the penultimate stop? | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mountainsnowtiger:
If I log into the Cafe and then, at the bottom of the page with the Cafe commandments, where there should be the 'connect to Cafe' button, there is instead the message 'DigiChat requires a Java Compatible web browser to run', does that mean the computer I'm on will not run the Cafe?

*sigh* - well, this is technically a university library so I suppose it's sort of fair enough that they're not going to allow me to chat [Waterworks]

Possible. Lots of places won't allow cafe type software through their firewall. Sorry.

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So is it possible to be remotely logged out by an admin?
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
No. If I'm not mistaken, your login status is cookie-based and resides on your computer, not the server. The admins can deactivate your account, but not log you out of it.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fabula rasa
Shipmate
# 11436

- Posted      Profile for fabula rasa   Email fabula rasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
So if the Admins deactivated Jimmy B's account and then reactivated it, would that solve the problem, at least for now? (I'm ignorant but curious.)
Posts: 465 | From: scepter'd isle | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That depends on what the problem is.

If an account is deactivated, nobody can post from that account. Any computer logged into the account, however, remains logged in.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Horseman Bree
Shipmate
# 5290

- Posted      Profile for Horseman Bree   Email Horseman Bree   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I started the Reader Survey and filled in the first page. But when I tried "Next Page", all I got was "Internal Server Error".

Is this happening to anyone else?

--------------------
It's Not That Simple

Posts: 5372 | From: more herring choker than bluenose | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yup. I got "Page cannot be displayed."

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

Thanks for letting us know. This now appears to be fixed

Tubbs

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

Ah ha! I am fixed now. Manually deleted cookies from IE (no login cookies on IE) and Firefox - I use Firefox usually. Now I am showing correct login name. For some reason Firefox was holding on to the cookies even when deleted via Profile.

Maybe it just talks to IE?

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Over the last three days, I find I can only get into the Cafe intermittently, I get a coffee-cup icon but the *connect* button is greyed out - even if I can enter, I am often getting just a blank white screen or I can see user names but my typing does not appear in the chat-window.

I'm on an e-mac, using Safari as a browser. I am not tech-savvy so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

[ 04. December 2006, 20:25: Message edited by: Jahlove ]

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have changed address and now cannot get into the chatroom. Am using same computer etc etc as before, but now it tells me that "an unknown error has occured".

Have never had this trouble before. [Frown]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ARRRGGHHHH, the dreaded "unknown error" ~
Hope you get back in soon, Papio, we miss you.

PB4S

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Papio:
I have changed address and now cannot get into the chatroom. Am using same computer etc etc as before, but now it tells me that "an unknown error has occured".

If you've moved, does this mean you're using a different internet connection (ISP, or maybe modem or firewall) from previously?
Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My IP address my be different. I'm not sure what else might be/would be. I don't know enough about it.

I am using the same broadband company that I used at my old address, and the computer is the same computer, I haven't changed any of the settings AFAIK, and I am on the same package. The only things that I know has changed is the house I am living in. [Frown]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Have you tried different browsers, Papio? Perhaps one of them might work, at least as a temporary solution?

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

ship's cat

stowaway
# 11793

- Posted      Profile for ship's cat   Email ship's cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
My apologies if I'm raising this in the wrong place as it's not a specifically SoF problem -
Does anyone know what's going on with the Thinking Anglicans website? I've not been able to get on to it for days.

--------------------
Custom without truth is but the longevity of error. St Cyprian

Posts: 310 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

If it's thinkinganglicans.org.uk , I can access it without any problems, as I can the .org site, in both Firefox and IE.

Have you cleaned your cache and cookies yet?

--------------------

ship's cat

stowaway
# 11793

- Posted      Profile for ship's cat   Email ship's cat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I tried from your link but still got shunted to website not found. I know my colleague on our work server had the same problem - maybe it's at our end rather than their's.

--------------------
Custom without truth is but the longevity of error. St Cyprian

Posts: 310 | From: Vancouver | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

quote:
Originally posted by ship's cat:
My apologies if I'm raising this in the wrong place as it's not a specifically SoF problem -
Does anyone know what's going on with the Thinking Anglicans website? I've not been able to get on to it for days.

Please keep this thread for Ship related technical issues, thanks.

Tubbs
Styx Host

PS Site works fine from my PC at home

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

quote:
Originally posted by Wesley J:
Have you tried different browsers, Papio? Perhaps one of them might work, at least as a temporary solution?

Seemingly, I can get in with IE but not with Firefox.

Odd.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

- Posted      Profile for Ophelia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yesterday I sent a PM to Gort.
I just looked in my profile to check he'd read it, when I noticed that instead of the message I'd sent him in the "sent" section of the PM box, there was a message that had been sent to Alan Cresswell, entitled "Sunday lunch?". This message has been "recieved" by him, rather than "read by recipient" or "unread by recipient".
Now, as nice a chap as Alan is, and as much as I'd love to invite him for lunch, I don't recall ever having PMd him before. When I clicked on the message I was told to mind my own buisness, in true Ship style!!!!!
Also, the message I sent Gort has vanished.

Any ideas? It's all a bit odd. I'm definatly logged on as me, and unless my 2 year old is some kind of child genius, it really is only me that could be using this computer. Very strange.

--------------------
Just as I am, without one flea...

Posts: 523 | From: Ottery St. Catchpole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Well, I did have an exchange of PMs with my brother yesterday on the subject of his coming over on Sunday. So there are PMs around with that title, but they weren't for you.

There do seem to be occasional glitches with PMs, resulting in people appearing to get PMs that weren't intended for them. To the best of my knowledge, it's never resulted in someone reading PMs not sent to them.

--------------------

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ophelia - just to add that the glitch has probably obliterated your PM, so you'll need to send it again.
Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ophelia
Shipmate
# 3136

- Posted      Profile for Ophelia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks pease

Sorry Alan, wasn't meaning to appear nosy about the PM, I just clicked on it as part of the whole wondering what was going on thing. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Just as I am, without one flea...

Posts: 523 | From: Ottery St. Catchpole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just in addition to the mystery, I received email notification of your PM, Ophelia, so I did read it. When I went to my PM box to respond, I also found the PM to Alan C. (won't open) and nothing of yours. Unable to delete the mystery PM without the same "mind your own business" message.

There's a ghost in the machine, I tell ya; maybe Jacob Marley.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Leetle Masha

Cantankerous Anchoress
# 8209

- Posted      Profile for Leetle Masha   Email Leetle Masha   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I have a "ghost in the machine" tonight. Whenever I try to type the word Xmas spelled out in a pm, it gives me a string of asterisks!

Mary
[Confused]

--------------------
eleison me, tin amartolin: have mercy on me, the sinner

Posts: 6351 | From: Hesychia, in Hyperdulia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  23  24  25 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016