homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Shipmates' Gallery (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shipmates' Gallery
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*Flutters eyelids*

You are such a flirt Cc. I can't remember how long ago it was that I was last classed as totty. Last century, at least.

[ 15. December 2006, 01:47: Message edited by: Left at the Altar ]

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left at the Altar:
*Flutters eyelids*

You are such a flirt Cc.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrawwwwwwwwwwwww!
quote:
I can't remember how long ago it was that I was last classed as totty. Last century, at least.
Clearly, Antipodean gentlemen are slack in attending their ladies and are behind the times and, moreover, don't know how lucky they are.

Bastards.

Cc

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Low Treason
Shipmate
# 11924

- Posted      Profile for Low Treason   Email Low Treason   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must say its very nice to see some of the real shipmates.... why some of you look almost.... human!!! [Killing me]

--------------------
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.

Posts: 1914 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We've been without power in my town for the last 18 hours, due to a big storm last night. This is just to let you know that I'll be a little slow posting any new pictures for awhile. (no one knows how long power will be out)

Meanwhile, have temp access from another office. It's propane light and fireplace heat at home for the duration!

Cheers,
Gort

Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hope you are OK, Gort. Thanks (and Melon) for the photo gallery.

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was tough working out, but I've adapted the propane tank to the power supply on my computer. <wheeew> 26 hours without internet access from home! I felt like a meth addict with only 50 cents in his pocket.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

FreeJack
Shipmate
# 10612

- Posted      Profile for FreeJack   Email FreeJack   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just as long as you don't start taking the propane as a meth substitute.
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Minor detail, but I thought Fiddleback was no longer a shippie - if he's not still reading the ship he may not aware of the gallery but his picture's on it.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
... I think Gort still has my photo somewhere, which I'm happy to have added.

I'm sorry, Leftie! I no longer have one of you. Will post another if you email it, though! [Cool]

[ETA: Correct me if wrong, but I thought Fiddleback had a 2-week suspension]

[ 16. December 2006, 20:37: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Minor detail, but I thought Fiddleback was no longer a shippie - if he's not still reading the ship he may not aware of the gallery but his picture's on it.

Fiddleback currently has the same posting privileges as everyone else.

[ 16. December 2006, 22:14: Message edited by: Scot ]

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh OK, my mistake.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Left at the Altar

Ship's Siren
# 5077

- Posted      Profile for Left at the Altar         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
quote:
... I think Gort still has my photo somewhere, which I'm happy to have added.

I'm sorry, Leftie! I no longer have one of you. Will post another if you email it, though! [Cool]

Done. But I accidently sent the wrong photo the first time. Sorry about that. (No one wants to see me in the nude, I'm sure [Razz] ).

--------------------
Still pretty Amazing, but no longer Mavis.

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[Eek!] [...breaks nail scrambling to open his in-box]

--------------------

Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Suggestions:

- Is it possible to have a link to a person's profile from their photo page?

- If you're adding new people, or updating photos, could you do some sort of "What's New?" page to track changes? I realise this might cause you extra work, so I understand if you'd rather not.

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foaming Draught
The Low in Low Church
# 9134

- Posted      Profile for Foaming Draught   Email Foaming Draught   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
Antipodean gentlemen

Tautology
quote:
Antipodean ...... Bastards
Oxymoron

Or is it the other way round, I forget.

Posts: 8661 | From: Et in Australia Ego | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
Is it possible to have a link to a person's profile from their photo page?

I think that would be fairly easy
quote:
If you're adding new people, or updating photos, could you do some sort of "What's New?" page to track changes?
Yes, I plan to do this, but I'm waiting for the initial round of photo exchanges and photo retouching by Gort to calm down first, so that new pictures really are new pictures rather than yet another version of the old picture. At that point I'll wipe comments and gallery profiles whenever the picture changes too (although I suppose letting people change their photos while keeping the old comments could be quite entertaining).

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Amie
Antipodean Puma
# 8497

- Posted      Profile for Amie   Email Amie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Foaming Draught:
quote:
Originally posted by Corpus cani:
Antipodean gentlemen

Tautology
quote:
Antipodean ...... Bastards
Oxymoron

Or is it the other way round, I forget.

You are correct FD. Although when I was a girl, we were taught "Nouns in Opposition" or something like it. Oxymorons? Who knew!

--------------------
"Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light"

Posts: 462 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melon:
and photo retouching by Gort

While he's at it, could he reduce my image by a couple of stone please?

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes, but I'm a little cagey about altering photos beyond sharpening or cropping to fit the page better.

I think your photo is just fine the way it is but I took your challenge just for fun. Would you like me to PM it or link here? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Yes, but I'm a little cagey about altering photos beyond sharpening or cropping to fit the page better.

I think your photo is just fine the way it is but I took your challenge just for fun. Would you like me to PM it or link here? [Big Grin]

link here, give us all a laugh!

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

OK! Here it is! Please don't smack me too hard! [Biased]

--------------------

Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

Who is that strange woman wearing my clothes? [Help]

Give me back my flab, I think i'll risk the heart-attack [Eek!]

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[Killing me] Me too! I'm quite comfortable as I am, thank you very much!

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W.:
- If you're adding new people, or updating photos, could you do some sort of "What's New?" page to track changes?

Till things are sorted out on the gallery, I'll list here.

Latest additions or updates:
  • Laura
  • The Bede's American Successor
  • Left at the Altar
  • Old Hundredth
  • Auntie Doris

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought you all ought to have at least one more Admin photo to add to your dart boards.

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Scrumpmeister
Ship’s Taverner
# 5638

- Posted      Profile for The Scrumpmeister   Author's homepage   Email The Scrumpmeister   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How dare you all not look the way I expected you to!

--------------------
If Christ is not fully human, humankind is not fully saved. - St John of Saint-Denis

Posts: 14741 | From: Greater Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Um, I wasn't reading the Ship when this kicked off. Would it be cheeky to ask if you could remove my picture?

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Not at all! Consider it done.

--------------------

RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oddly, with the missing link still hanging in the Gallery, it makes my comment all the more amusing. Temporarily.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

It takes an hour for the script-gremlins to recognize my edit and re-write the thumbnail page. [or somesuch legerdemain]

--------------------

Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Not at all! Consider it done.

Much appreciated.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Today's additions or updates:
  • Smudgie
  • Mirrizin
  • Gwai

--------------------

Corpus cani

Ship's Anachronism
# 1663

- Posted      Profile for Corpus cani     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She's there! At last! My life is complete.
[Axe murder] Cc

--------------------
Bishop Lord Corpus Cani the Tremulous of Buzzing St Helens.

Posts: 4435 | From: Trumpton | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Today's additions or updates:
  • Rev per Minute
  • Erin
I would like to thank everyone for participating in the gallery.

But I won't. [Snigger]

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that really Erin...? (*whimper*)

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Wow! I've had a flurry of submissions from some of the Hosts that we've had no pictures of! Thanks, Hosts, for supporting my humble efforts at community! You are all lovely!

--------------------

Laura
General nuisance
# 10

- Posted      Profile for Laura   Email Laura   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice pictures, guys!

--------------------
Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. - Erich Fromm

Posts: 16883 | From: East Coast, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had no idea just how gorgeous they all are!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ori***ally posted by Gort:
Wow! I've had a flurry of submissions from some of the Hosts that we've had no pictures of!
Thanks, Hosts, for supporting my humble efforts at community! You are all lovely!
Very good likenesses!

I recognise them all.

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
fight-club for the soul
Shipmate
# 11098

- Posted      Profile for fight-club for the soul   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crusading in Styx,
especially sans haiku,
makes me look foolish.

[ 23. December 2006, 00:30: Message edited by: Scot ]

--------------------
"If I go they'll say I'm wrong, if I stay there'll be no song." - Delirious

Posts: 566 | From: 35°14'04.35" S 149°02'19.56" E | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Clear thy cache, young guitar player, and look upon the left hand frame in the main board page. There it is written "Gallery" for those who have eyes to see.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

This is wonderful! The submissions keep rolling in. I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage other shipmates who haven't shared their photos to do so now!

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I must search my files
Surely there is a picture
That won't scare most folks.

And glory shone around, and glory shone around.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
fight-club for the soul
Shipmate
# 11098

- Posted      Profile for fight-club for the soul   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am so silly.
Arguing with an admin
will never end well.

[ 23. December 2006, 03:06: Message edited by: Scot ]

--------------------
"If I go they'll say I'm wrong, if I stay there'll be no song." - Delirious

Posts: 566 | From: 35°14'04.35" S 149°02'19.56" E | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pânts, with circumflex
accent, can now add comments
in the gallery.

Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ham'n'Eggs

Ship's Pig
# 629

- Posted      Profile for Ham'n'Eggs   Email Ham'n'Eggs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There goes the neighborhood. [Disappointed]

--------------------
"...the heresies that men do leave / Are hated most of those they did deceive" - Will S

Posts: 3103 | From: Genghis Khan's sleep depot | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aah, so that's why my PM box has suddenly filled up with frankly filthy suggestions from female (and one or two male) Shipmates. Then again, I knew that once my chiselled features and sexy body were exposed to the world, I'd be fighting them off with a shitty stick...

And as for the unnamed Shippie who made the suggestion involving the riding crop, the chocolate sauce and the Times Educational Supplement... [Biased] you should be ashamed of yourself! (and then PM me again)

[ 23. December 2006, 14:03: Message edited by: Stevie Boy Wonder ]

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Stevie Boy Wonder:
... And as for the unnamed Shippie who made the suggestion involving the riding crop, the chocolate sauce and the Times Educational Supplement...

That would be Jimmy B. He's been a bit odd since giving up the obsession with coots.

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
[*]TonyK

TonyK is an Alaskan! He could be my neighbor!

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
rats.

missed edit window;
botched code there for all to see.
will admins kick ass?

(sorry)

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016