homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Shipmates' Gallery (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shipmates' Gallery
Scot
Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Admins' mercy shines.
Code fuckers do not suffer
beyond mockery.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9513 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can I ask why there is a picture, supposedly of me, which is not me, which I did not supply, which is about 30 years too young, and which looks like a drunken fart?
Hmmmmmm?

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably the same reason you have a Teletubby for an avatar! Would you like to relace it with a more reasonable facsimile? [Snigger]

Groveling and supplication may encourage sympathy.

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
This is wonderful! The submissions keep rolling in. I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage other shipmates who haven't shared their photos to do so now!

Gort, I do soooo appreciate all your efforts on the Rogues' Gallery, but I'm concerned that you've mistakenly posted an erroneous pic for Ham'n'Eggs - here is the Genuine Article.

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Probably the same reason you have a Teletubby for an avatar! Would you like to relace it with a more reasonable facsimile? [Snigger]

Groveling and supplication may encourage sympathy.

Relace it?
Have you been tying one on, nipping into the lickher already?
Bourbon makes metal rust, you know!

--------------------

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bourbon? Pffft! Typical plebe. Not but the noble single-malt Scotch touches these titanium lips, Tinky-Winky.

Since you have failed to grovel properly, I must now invoke my editing power and correct the comment on your gallery page.

--------------------

Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

Nobody wants to hear about your use of single malt as an enema, tin man.
But with a with an acquaintance like you, who needs enemas?
In fact, who needs tea pots named Enema?

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Mostly Noble Pixels:
Nobody wants to hear about your use of single malt as an enema, tin man.
But with a with an acquaintance like you, who needs enemas?

Honestly, Tinky, I haven't offered you a Scotch enema, but I'd be happy to perform laser surgery on your hemorrhoids. Let me put you on hold while I check my schedule...

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Duchess submitted an update for her gallery photo and I reluctantly complied [S'truth!].

I'm not sure what possessed her. Maybe she's upset from not being chosen one of Ruth's Crusaders.

--------------------

John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I got broken links
on your photos of duchess
and MNP, Gort.

[ 26. December 2006, 00:33: Message edited by: Jimmy B ]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yeah, sorry, Jimmy. I removed all the H&A Days silliness listed here and here, including duchess' [photo of nearly nekkid obese woman munching cake]. She's going to send me a real update but hasn't yet.

--------------------

Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK - if it isn't the first thing I load, the gallery crashes my browser (Firefox) every time. Any ideas why this might be?

ETA it never used to. It's only started doing this since the weekend.

[ 26. December 2006, 20:09: Message edited by: Ariel ]

pease
Tech Admin
# 6

- Posted      Profile for pease     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any error message?

Does it happen regardles of whether or not you're logged into the boards?

Posts: 184 | From: sunset on the strong river | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel
Shipmate
# 58

- Posted      Profile for Ariel   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No error message as such, and yes, it still happens even if I'm not logged in to the boards. It tries to load the page, then I get the Dr Watson notification about encountering an error and it crashes.
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Latest additions and updates:
  • luvanddaisies
  • Ye Olde Motherboarde
  • marmot
  • duchess
  • halfbreedellie
  • Rev per Minute

[ 30. December 2006, 04:49: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------

JonahMan
Shipmate
# 12126

- Posted      Profile for JonahMan   Email JonahMan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If it's any help (probably not) the Gallery loads fine for me in Firefox (version 1.5.0.9) under Windows XP.

Have you added any extensions or anything recently?

--------------------
Thank God for the aged
And old age itself, and illness and the grave
For when you're old, or ill and particularly in the coffin
It's no trouble to behave

Posts: 911 | From: Planet Zog | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Gort [Smile]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3680 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariel:
OK - if it isn't the first thing I load, the gallery crashes my browser (Firefox) every time. Any ideas why this might be?

ETA it never used to. It's only started doing this since the weekend.

It must be me. My photo's too hideous for your browser [Waterworks]

[and my spelling's too hopeless for it too]

[ 31. December 2006, 02:21: Message edited by: luvanddaisies ]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3680 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Don't be silly, luvandaisies! If these latest additions and updates won't crash a browser, surely your lovely photo won't! [Big Grin]
  • Mad Coyote
  • Gordon Cheng
  • AdamPater
  • dj_ordinaire

Thanks, everyone, for participating! Keep them coming... don't be shy. I'm looking specifically at you brave folk on the new dating thread. [Biased]

--------------------

duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Thanks, everyone, for participating! Keep them coming... don't be shy. I'm looking specifically at you brave folk on the new dating thread. [Biased]

Me too.
[Devil]

[ [Biased] ]

[ 09. January 2007, 04:06: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Remember, everyone who posts a pic could win a FREE humorous comment by me! Post now, web servers are standing by!
Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That might almost be worth it right there, Ken!
Posts: 24417 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Ruth, I think we need proof of concept from that strenuous, overseas hike last year.

How about it? [Biased]

--------------------

dj_ordinaire
Host
# 4643

- Posted      Profile for dj_ordinaire   Author's homepage   Email dj_ordinaire   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Don't be silly, luvandaisies! If these latest additions and updates won't crash a browser, surely your lovely photo won't! [Big Grin]
  • Mad Coyote
  • Gordon Cheng
  • AdamPater
  • dj_ordinaire

Oi, I'm looking especially holy in mine... Thanks for adding it Gort!

DJO

--------------------
Flinging wide the gates...

Posts: 10323 | From: Hanging in the balance of the reality of man | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ruth, I think we need proof of concept from that strenuous, overseas hike last year.

How about it? [Biased]

Yes, I offered to donate to the Organ Fund but no result. It is a fine line between appearing as an abstractly interested connoisseur of the human form and... a lecher. So I'll be quiet and let someone else attempt the transaction.
[Angel]

Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by KenWritez:
Remember, everyone who posts a pic could win a FREE humorous comment by me! Post now, web servers are standing by!

Get 'em boy! Fresh pics!:
  • Earwig
  • Orb
  • daisydaisy

--------------------

RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No pictures from the hike -- the developing people lost my film. Fuckers.
Posts: 24417 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Attention on deck! Please welcome to the gallery:
  • Tree Bee
  • TheMightyMartyr

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
No pictures from the hike...

A nice close-up portrait will do!

[shall I crop one from a SoCal shipmeet photo? [Biased] ]

--------------------

Tubbs

Miss Congeniality
# 440

- Posted      Profile for Tubbs   Author's homepage   Email Tubbs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can you do pixelating with your software Gort? There is a picture of me that's more recent and very nice but it has DD in it and I don't want her appearing all over the web.

KenWritz, you will be pleased to know that I do have much longer hair [Razz]

Tubbs

--------------------
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it up and remove all doubt" - Dennis Thatcher. My blog. Decide for yourself which I am

Posts: 12647 | From: Someplace strange | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Sure, Tubbs! It would be better if you have a single portrait, but I'll see what I can do.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

I'm pleased to present, for your admiration and regard, our latest additions to the rogue's gallery:
  • caty the southerner
  • Chicklegirl

[erm..forgot..the server won't register them for another 50 minutes]

[ 13. January 2007, 03:22: Message edited by: Gort ]

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've posted links to the gallery on the Dancing in Heaven thread. I am assuming this is OK since it links to a password-protected part of the Ship, but somebody was concerned that they might end up all over Google. Can someone in the know just reassure us that it's OK? Thanks.

JtW.

Posts: 2795 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Melon

Ship's desserter
# 4038

- Posted      Profile for Melon   Author's homepage   Email Melon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Check it yourself: log out, click the link from heaven and tell us what happens.

[ETA: Linking to a page should give you an error unless you are logged in. Linking to the photo itself will indeed take search engines to the photo in question.]

[ 13. January 2007, 15:32: Message edited by: Melon ]

--------------------
French Whine

Posts: 4177 | From: Cavaillon, France | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Today's additions and updates:
  • DaisyM
  • Telepath
  • Littlelady
Thanks, again, for your photos, everyone! I've tried to crop the photos so that they appear as portraits as much as possible. Remember that if you send a picture of your smiling visage within a large photo that includes too much landscape, it may result in a much smaller graphic (and relatively fuzzy) when I crop your portrait from the sample. Closeup single shots of just you are best! [Biased]
Littlelady
Shipmate
# 9616

- Posted      Profile for Littlelady     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Gort! At least I don't look like I'm committing a violent act anymore ... [Smile]

--------------------
'When ideas fail, words come in very handy' ~ Goethe

Posts: 3737 | From: home of the best Rugby League team in the universe | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

You're very welcome, Littlelady!

Gallery afficionados, please give a warm welcome to:
  • lazystudent
  • Tina
  • Spike (more recent)

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm e-mailing a "less posh" mugshot, Gort. The present likeness is a bit "upmarket" cf my normal somewhat scruffier reality. Later today.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 20929 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Advocatus Diaboli
Ship's cannon
# 5172

- Posted      Profile for Advocatus Diaboli   Author's homepage   Email Advocatus Diaboli   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Littlelady:
Thanks Gort! At least I don't look like I'm committing a violent act anymore ... [Smile]

No, but I look like I'm contemplating one!

--------------------
Shipmate formerly known as lazystudent

The only way of catching a train, I have discovered, is to miss the train before. (G.K.C.)

Posts: 576 | From: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
I'm e-mailing a "less posh" mugshot, Gort. The present likeness is a bit "upmarket" cf my normal somewhat scruffier reality. Later today.

[beats feet to Gallery]

--------------------
"Take your broken heart, make it into art"-- Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

Posts: 35053 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to have a split personality. The thumbnail pic is my old one, but clicking on it shows the recent pic.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12842 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
I seem to have a split personality. The thumbnail pic is my old one, but clicking on it shows the recent pic.

I think it's your cache - or your cookies - or whatever it is that stops things updating properly - I see your new pic in the thumbnail and the real thing.

K.

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4344 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Barnabas62:
I'm e-mailing a "less posh" mugshot, Gort...

<checks email> Nope, nuthin' yet. [Biased]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, the one he's got is just fine. [Cool]

--------------------
"Take your broken heart, make it into art"-- Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

Posts: 35053 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Posted. My grandchildren like this one - cut out of another photo. The slightly "decapitated" effect makes them laugh.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will have to find a photo of myself ... ideally not one which says, 'I tried to take this myself (and failed badly)' [brick wall] .

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

Photo failed Gort's quality control - for which much thanks. Gent in dinner jacket remains in place pro tem.

--------------------

KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
B62, your pic of you in the dinner jacket is ideal! As they say on your planet, "ab fab." You look mightily distinguished in that costume. FWIW, my vote is you keep it.
Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J Whitgift:
Will have to find a photo of myself ... ideally not one which says, 'I tried to take this myself (and failed badly)' [brick wall] .

Personally I'm really fond of those "I took this picture myself!" photos (mine is one... I have a collection of them; I just wish the one I took at Stonehenge was better).

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Sorry, Barny! I like your formally outfitted picture, too!

Maybe we should take a rogue's gallery vote. Here's a link to B62's updated photo! [Big Grin]

What say ye, shippies?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016