homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Shipmates' Gallery (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shipmates' Gallery
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for posting the picture, Gort. And thanks to Lynn MagdalenHall for taking it.

Numpty, I imagine the pictures with the most comments were, in general, the earliest ones, when there was a flurry of interest in the gallery.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Call me Numpty:
... Would it be wrong to think that those with the most comments (nice ones of course) are the innies and those who haven't are the outies? Or have we done that already? [Biased]

Yes, that's wrong. By its very nature, all who simply share their photo in the Gallery are "innies".

So, Shippies, be part of the Gallery "In Crowd" by sharing your gorgeous graphics. Don't be shy! Besides, you never know if a scullery maid is looking for her cabin boy! [Biased]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please welcome Aggie, our most recent Gallery portrait.

--------------------

Aggie
Ship's cat
# 4385

- Posted      Profile for Aggie   Email Aggie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you for posting the pic Gort, and thanks Spike for taking it.

--------------------
“I see his blood upon the rose
And in the stars the glory of his eyes,
His body gleams amid eternal snows,
His tears fall from the skies.”
(Joseph Mary Plunkett 1887-1917)

Posts: 581 | From: A crazy, crazy world | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

It was my pleasure, Aggie! <bows>

Universalist has shared his photo with the Gallery. Welcome to you, also!

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

seasick has joined the Gallery. Welcome!

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Updated Ancient Mariner's photo by request.

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
thanks, Gort!

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

International mystery-man and roguish romantic, riverfalls, has shared a portrait from his travels.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good pic of Riverfalls! He even has his eyes open.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Sine Nomine has shared a photo of his recent Halloween party costume! Tarzan and Cheetah never looked so good. Umgawa, apeman!

And please welcome new Gallery shipmate, uncletoby!

--------------------

Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I don't get a date out of this one I guess I'll have to sent Gort my gay.com picture. (ITTWACW.)

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Whoa! Shaved tan goodness alert!
eta: If you've got it, flaunt it.

[ 09. November 2007, 14:33: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Crikey! That thing's gotta be nine inches long!

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What a blatant attempt to get in the quotes file!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
uncletoby

hobbyhorsical
# 13067

- Posted      Profile for uncletoby   Email uncletoby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Sine Nomine has shared a photo of his recent Halloween party costume! Tarzan and Cheetah never looked so good. Umgawa, apeman!

And please welcome new Gallery shipmate, uncletoby!

I clearly timed this very badly - I can't possibly compete with Sine Nomine!

--------------------
`` L--d! I cannot look at it ----

Posts: 1150 | From: Cambridge | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
moron
Shipmate
# 206

- Posted      Profile for moron   Email moron   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't going to bring this up but has anyone else observed the blatant discrimination against numbers that exists here?

(Yeah, I recognize it's probably a good thing.)

And Sine: [Overused]

Next time I'm in Nashville I'll buy you a cup of coffee, if you're that desperate. [Razz]

Posts: 4236 | From: Bentonville | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by uncletoby:
...I can't possibly compete with Sine Nomine!

None of us can - it's not even worth trying [Big Grin]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Sine Nomine

# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I can't possibly compete with Sine Nomine!

That's what you get for trying to be tasteful. You probably thought it was a Christian website.

--------------------

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
uncletoby

hobbyhorsical
# 13067

- Posted      Profile for uncletoby   Email uncletoby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomine:
quote:
I can't possibly compete with Sine Nomine!

That's what you get for trying to be tasteful. You probably thought it was a Christian website.
Now that I think of it, I do have some rather unchristian photos taken of me in a Paris hotel room some years ago by my then girlfriend (now wife) - although the pictures I took of her would probably have more of an impact.

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

I'm sorry. Only single people get to pose nekkid on the shipmates gallery. It's a rule. At least it's probably a rule somewhere. Or it ought to be.

--------------------

uncletoby

hobbyhorsical
# 13067

quote:
I'm sorry. Only single people get to pose nekkid on the shipmates gallery. It's a rule. At least it's probably a rule somewhere. Or it ought to be.

I wonder if you're just scared of the competition!

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

Of course I'm scared of the competition. It's a jungle out there. Why the hell do you think I was dressed as Tarzan?*

(*Well that and the fact they had leopard print velour at half-off in the clearance bin at Calico Corner.)

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

quote:

That'd put a whole new perspective on the dating threads! [Paranoid]

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
(*Well that and the fact they had leopard print velour at half-off in the clearance bin at Calico Corner.)

Well it's pretty obvious which half was off!
[Biased]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grits
Compassionate fundamentalist
# 4169

- Posted      Profile for Grits   Author's homepage   Email Grits   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

And apparently, they didn't even have a one yard minimum for purchase.

--------------------
Lord, fill my mouth with worthwhile stuff, and shut it when I've said enough. Amen.

Posts: 8419 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

Actually the lovely silver-haired lady at Calico Corner asked if she could help me and I said "Yes ma'am. I need some of the leopard print velour."

"How much do you need?" she replied.

"I'm not sure." I said.

"Well, what is it for?" she asked.

"Er...uh...a loincloth" I mumbled.

"Oh! [real loud] A loincloth! Well...I suppose half a yard should be sufficient." she said.

A friend of mine says I should have insisted that 1/2 yard wouldn't be nearly sufficient, but at that point I was mostly just interested in getting out of there.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Actually the lovely silver-haired lady at Calico Corner asked if she could help me and I said "Yes ma'am. I need some of the leopard print velour."

I am not too sure that is a phrase I ever thought I would hear you saying.

er... were you wearing anything underneath? [Hot and Hormonal]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

The life and times of a Guernsey cow

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, I say! Sine has a cute little monkey.
Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
were you wearing anything underneath?

I was planning to attach the velour to a black Calvin Klein thong (which I had to purchase, being a thong virgin so to speak) but it soon became apparent that for the authentic loincloth experience the thong would have to go.

So, in a word: no.

(Also, I now have a like-new black thong I'd be willing to sell for - if you'll pardon the expression - next to nothing.)

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:

Actually the monkey was a backpack holding my wallet and keys.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Well, that ruined it for me. Next you'll be saying the knife is plastic. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Of course I'm scared of the competition.

I think you are too modest (though perhaps that isn't quite the word). Anyone who would wear that costume AND post the picture on the Ship is surely one who knows no fear...

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

# 66

It's the Attention Whore Disorder. It's worse in the Fall with the shorter days and lack of sunlight.

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

- Posted      Profile for Auntie Doris   Author's homepage   Email Auntie Doris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Twilight:

Actually the monkey was a backpack holding my wallet and keys.
Did you spank the little monkey? [Two face]

Auntie Doris x

[ 09. November 2007, 19:13: Message edited by: Auntie Doris ]

--------------------
"And you don't get to pronounce that I am not a Christian. Nope. Not in your remit nor power." - iGeek in response to a gay-hater :)

Posts: 6019 | From: The Rock at the Centre of the Universe | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
A friend of mine says I should have insisted that 1/2 yard wouldn't be nearly sufficient, but at that point I was mostly just interested in getting out of there.

I'll point out to you that half a yard is 18"... [Eek!]

[Big Grin] I love the photo. And uncletoby is lovely, too - although a bit young to be uncletoby, don'cha think?

--------------------

Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
And uncletoby is lovely, too - although a bit young to be uncletoby, don'cha think?

Almost as young as Auntie Doris [Biased]

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Doris:
quote:
And uncletoby is lovely, too - although a bit young to be uncletoby, don'cha think?

Almost as young as Auntie Doris [Biased]
You don't have any photographs of yourself taken in a Paris hotel room you could send him, do you?

(Why does 'taken in a Paris hotel room' just sound SO wicked? Things could be just as wicked in a room at the Travel Lodge in Spokane, Washington one would think.)

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
It's the Attention Whore Disorder. It's worse in the Fall with the shorter days and lack of sunlight.

This 'seasonal affective' business seems to be contagious. I haven't been this busy with the Gallery for months!

At the risk of diverting the spotlight from Sine's savage contenance, Kepler's Puppet has updated his portrait to share his new toupeé!

Please feel free, fellow shipmates, to share your updated photos or new submittals during this orgy of attention whoredom. I would like to take the opportunity, during these dark and dreary (northern) days, to propose a pledge drive for the Organ Fund. The idea is very simple. You pledge to donate X amount to the fund on the condition a shipmate of your choice submits a portrait of themself. What say you?

I'll pony up seed money for the effort by pledging $50 if our inimitable admin, Erin, reveals her lovely self! [Snigger]

--------------------

Sine Nomine

# 66

You need to be specific. I assume you mean a current frontal shot. Not her 4th grade class photograph or one of the back of her head.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Yes! Good point. Firenze? Front and center! Hop to it! Chop-chop!

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

quote:
(Why does 'taken in a Paris hotel room' just sound SO wicked? Things could be just as wicked in a room at the Travel Lodge in Spokane, Washington one would think.)

I have a photo of myself in a Paris hotel room, taken by my good friend while I was coming out of the closet... sounds ever so wicked, eh?! If it weren't for the risk of the dazzling acreage of my midrift causing snowblindness, I might scan it and post it... [Snigger]

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

(it's sort of the Anti-Sine Tarzan shot-- he's lean and tan and rather dangerous with that big knife and all).

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
If it weren't for the risk of the dazzling acreage of my midrift causing snowblindness, I might scan it and post it... [Snigger]

Never fear! I'm sure most of us have sunglasses at the ready. Submit away!

--------------------

The Bede's American Successor

Curmudgeon-in-Training
# 5042

- Posted      Profile for The Bede's American Successor   Author's homepage   Email The Bede's American Successor   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

You haven't been keeping up with the news stories lately, have you?

International Herald Tribune, no less.

This is old news.

These are just the gay stories.

My partner earned his Bachelor's Degree in Spokane. He can tell stories about life in the Inland Empire.

[ 09. November 2007, 21:51: Message edited by: The Bede's American Successor ]

--------------------
This was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride of wealth and food in plenty, comfort and ease, and yet she never helped the poor and the wretched.

—Ezekiel 16.49

Posts: 6079 | From: The banks of Possession Sound | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Auntie Doris

Screen Goddess
# 9433

quote:
Now that I think of it, I do have some rather unchristian photos taken of me in a Paris hotel room some years ago by my then girlfriend (now wife) - although the pictures I took of her would probably have more of an impact.

Not for Sine.

Auntie Doris x

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Would anyone be interested in taking over responsibility for the Gallery? Simple graphics editing experience and FTP client required; subject to approval by Simon. Volunteer here or by PM.

Thanks!
Daniel

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have much graphics editing experience (though a bit I guess), but I have the rest (know about FTP and use sites regularly etc.) and am happy to help. If graphics editing is needed, perhaps I could work in tandem...or not. Just an offer to help the ship. It does give me enough.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
Would anyone be interested in taking over responsibility for the Gallery? Simple graphics editing experience and FTP client required; subject to approval by Simon. Volunteer here or by PM.

Thanks!
Daniel

BTW, thanks sincerely for all the work you have done on the gallery.
[Overused]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Presumably if there was no-one currently able to take over, the gallery could sit there with us all in frozen animation, until someone is able to come forward with the right amount of time and know-how in the future. I'm all in favour of not growing any older.....

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016