homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Shipmates' Gallery (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Shipmates' Gallery
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Paranoid]

Ta [Axe murder]

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How is having that sort of photo different than just posting a picture of your dog or cat? I thought photos in the gallery are really supposed to be us.
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh. I was following Erin's lead, I guess. Anonymity is a gift of God, anonymity blended with what I thought was humour is a use of that gift. But I guess it may defeat the purpose of the gallery if realism is the issue.

I personally wouldn't have had a problem, for example, with PaulH's dog photo, though there seems to have been some disparity between the claim it was a pic of his dog and the appearance of it in other locations around the ether. At least I took the photo!

If Gallery management don't want my new visage they can of course remove it.

--------------------

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm guilty of posting Erin's 'gator pic during one of those admin & host day extravaganzas when I posted joke photos of several shipmates and never took her's down. I was hoping she would submit a real portrait but all efforts at bribery or extortion have failed.

Pease's is the only other non-portrait and he uploaded it himself during the test phase. RooK's is also my unauthorized handiwork (ripped off his website). I believe Simon would prefer that submittals be up-close portraits without extra characters in the shot but there are a couple that include babies, etc. It's up to Gwai's discretion now! [Biased]

--------------------
--Formerly: Gort--

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Okay - I'll roll with the judges' decision - I don't want to create a Bad Precedent™ because this is a particularly bad time of year to make the baby Jesus cry [Frown]

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

- Posted      Profile for Alfred E. Neuman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think yours was pretty funny Zappa! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am thinking I will follow any expressed preferences by the admins and failing any, will do ask the users ask. Personally, I don't imagine a sudden switch of tons of people to silly pictures. Probably most people who submitted pictures don't want/need anonymity after all.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Just to clarify, I don't think it's a big deal! I have rejected some offbeat photos like one of a gorilla wearing a mitre... did you get that one too, Gwai?

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

I've had a couple of episcopoi to whom that gorilla pic could apply, though I don't think it was I wot sent it. But thanks, all - I won't be self-harming or anyfink if my glamourous self-portrait is vaporised. [Waterworks]

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

[Killing me]

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not yet!

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think you're gorgeous Zappa. It would be a sad loss.

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well gee, if we get to pick slighty dubious photos, then I'd like to change mine to this, please. That was pre-pregnancy, of course.
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Ye gods - that weapon is worse than Kelly's Axe - but perhaps not as bad as that missile

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

quote:
Originally posted by Flausa:
Well gee, if we get to pick slighty dubious photos, then I'd like to change mine to this, please. That was pre-pregnancy, of course.

You know... if you guys are gonna submit fantasy alter-egos, then at least try to personalize them a bit.

Check out Flausa Croft! (pre-pregnancy) [Cool]

--------------------

Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

Oooohhh ... thank you, Santa Gort.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that's Alan's Christmas present sorted, then. [Biased]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
OrganistOnTheRoof
Apprentice
# 12950

- Posted      Profile for OrganistOnTheRoof   Author's homepage   Email OrganistOnTheRoof   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am posting my very first post on this site. [Big Grin]
I don't really understand what SOF is all about, [Confused] and don't really know what to say here [Frown] .
But it appears no one else understands what SOF is about or what they should say here either, so I guess I fit right in. [Killing me]

Going to the Chapel
quote:
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - George Harrison

--------------------
James Arthur Weinberg, MME
Choirmaster-Organist
Holy Cross Anglican Church
Franklin, Tennessee USA

Posts: 2 | From: Nashville TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

Wecome Organist ... you make like to check out this thread ... and make yourself at home. [Smile]

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very first post? what about this then? [Big Grin]

Otherwise, welcome, and what Zappa said!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How do I get my ugly mug onto the gallery?

(If I have to look at it in the shaving mirror every day, I don't see why you lot should escape......)

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Check out the FAQs.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Check out this JibJab snowball fight starring several shipmates! [Big Grin] Happy Holidays!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wonderful!
[Killing me]

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Somebody! Stop me! Akinola and Williams doing the Hula! [Eek!]

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love the snowball fight (particularly MadGeo's collapse, ouch! poor baby!) but I find the hula strangely disturbing... maybe it's the exploration of the navel lint...?! [Eek!]

Happy French Hens day! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

You think that's strange? Check out It's a Ship of Fool's Life!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Welcome to TigerGaz, who I think we can safely label a soccer fan.
(Safely unless he objects to the word soccer; still, looks friendly.) [Biased]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
erm, I think that's a rugby jersey
Leicester tigers

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oops. I should've known (Gwai isn't so much the sports person, except for baseball...). [Hot and Hormonal]

It's still a great picture!

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Phantom Flan Flinger
Shipmate
# 8891

- Posted      Profile for The Phantom Flan Flinger   Author's homepage   Email The Phantom Flan Flinger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep - those are the colours of the mighty Leicester Tigers rugby team.

That photo was taken just after the European Cup Final in may this year - we lost [Disappointed]

(If you think I seem cheerful considering we had just lost the european cup, look at what's in my hand - not the first nor the last......)

--------------------
http://www.faith-hope-and-confusion.com/

Posts: 1020 | From: Leicester, England | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Sandemaniac, and the reverend who so (un)wisely gave permission, are in the gallery--and this time I'm sure they're not showing rugby spirit!

--------------------

Sandemaniac
Shipmate
# 12829

- Posted      Profile for Sandemaniac   Email Sandemaniac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, Gwai! Much appreciated!

No rugby spirit involved - though we did both feel the spirit moving within before the reception had ended. Judging by the next morning, it was an evil spirit...

AG

--------------------
"It becomes soon pleasantly apparent that change-ringing is by no means merely an excuse for beer" Charles Dickens gets it wrong, 1869

Posts: 3574 | From: The wardrobe of my soul | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
Welcome to TigerGaz, who I think we can safely label a soccer fan.

Who would've thought that wouldn't be true?! [Biased] (emphasis added)

quote:
Originally posted by Gort:
You think that's strange? Check out It's a Ship of Fool's Life!

I missed this until today... it's very funny but a couple of those faces go by so quickly I'm not sure who they are-- obviously I need to spend more time studying in the Gallery.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Welcome to the gallery, crunt!

--------------------

Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I misread that and was about to ask was it meant to be in hell! [Snigger]

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Celtic Knotweed and a bunch of pretty French snow are up in the gallery.

--------------------

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

I went looking for a new Shipmate called French snow... [Roll Eyes] [Help]

--------------------

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So did I ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks Gwai. Just to confuse people more, it's German snow - although that area was French in the 1600s [Biased]

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Having finally been declared not-spam-mail, Spike is up in the gallery.

--------------------

Spike

Mostly Harmless
# 36

- Posted      Profile for Spike   Email Spike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Errm... That still appears to be the old picture of me.

--------------------
"May you get to heaven before the devil knows you're dead" - Irish blessing

Posts: 12860 | From: The Valley of Crocuses | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Uhoh! That's the one I got in my email.

--------------------

Alfred E. Neuman

What? Me worry?
# 6855

Try reloading the page, Spike.

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Welcome to the gallery, JennyAnn!

--------------------

Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ta!

J

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Amber. has joined us on the gallery. Go see!

--------------------

Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

Perhaps this whole namechange business is good for the gallery as we all view how we're percieved online? [Razz]

Please welcome Zach82, Padre Joshua and Cattyish to the gallery!

(Though if you wish to welcome them visually, you may have to wait a few minutes until the gallery reloads.)

[ 05. April 2008, 19:23: Message edited by: Gwai ]

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

quote:
Originally posted by Gwai:
Please welcome Zach82, Padre Joshua and Cattyish to the gallery!

I see Zach82 and Padre Joshua but not Cattyish -- is it just me?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

Nope, I'm reloading the page and I don't see Cattyish either... [Confused]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016