homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » UBB Practice Thread (Page 103)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  110  111  112 

Source: (consider it) Thread: UBB Practice Thread
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
yet another sig test

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
why isn't this working?
And before anyone even mentions Godwin's Law, it only applies to: "inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons"
[url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law]Wikipedia[/url]
Which this ain't.

On screen, it looks as though there's a gap between the = and http, but there isn't when I type it. And I've also tried using instant.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The UBB software has trouble with URLs that contain non-standard characters, which is common with Wiki pages. In this case, I suspect the apostrophe to be to blaim. Put the URL into something like tinyurl.com, and then use the URL that generates.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Thanks, Alan - I feel the moment has passed, but thanks anyway.

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
RooK

1 of 6
# 1852

- Posted      Profile for RooK   Author's homepage   Email RooK   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
The UBB software has trouble with URLs that contain non-standard characters, which is common with Wiki pages. In this case, I suspect the apostrophe to be to blaim.

UBB actually can't handle the UNDERSCORE _ - which punts an annoyingly large proportion of wikipedia content.
Posts: 15274 | From: Portland, Oregon, USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
underscores are cool

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Damn. I CANNOT work it out. How does one use a link to a specific comment on a thread? Please.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Directly above the word damn in your post, there is a little white page icon. If you click on it, it will give you the option to copy.

Once you have copied you can use the url button, and paste into the first bit that comes up - what you have copied (make sure you don't end up with a double http.)

[ 27. August 2014, 21:59: Message edited by: Doublethink ]

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Martin60
Shipmate
# 368

- Posted      Profile for Martin60   Email Martin60   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You won't believe this, but I went away and worked it out PRIOR to reading your kind response Doublethink. Typical. And no one will believe me. Even me. The universe has a funny sense of humour.

--------------------
Love wins

Posts: 17586 | From: Never Dobunni after all. Corieltauvi after all. Just moved to the capital. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stetson
Shipmate
# 9597

- Posted      Profile for Stetson     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
testing

--------------------
I have the power...Lucifer is lord!

Posts: 6574 | From: back and forth between bible belts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
stirr degently and frrk.

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A quick test of something

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
M.
Ship's Spare Part
# 3291

- Posted      Profile for M.   Email M.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does this work?

M.

Posts: 2303 | From: Lurking in Surrey | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by M.:
Does this work?

M.

It works for me.

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Av test

--------------------

churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Testing sig. I linked to a new post in my blog. They come so infrequently these days...

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
test

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Drifting Star

Drifting against the wind
# 12799

- Posted      Profile for Drifting Star   Email Drifting Star   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Heraclitus

Posts: 3126 | From: A thin place. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
quetzalcoatl
Shipmate
# 16740

- Posted      Profile for quetzalcoatl   Email quetzalcoatl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
yagga magga clagga

--------------------
I can't talk to you today; I talked to two people yesterday.

Posts: 9878 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
* hope neither the Hosts nor the ****s have mess with my sig.

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Booyakasha !

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig &c
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Testing the mirror

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

"You are the fairest of them all"

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Next couple of verses - fingers crossed!

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
nOPE. Weird error message. Try again. ?

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

"No verses in requested range" - Requested range being John 15.8-10

Must have misread the link. No more time for this nonsense.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

What's happening here - there's a dark rectangle above the Styx board with "Ad by PM leads" ? Looks suspicious. The same message is cropping up all over my screen

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

There should only be ads down the right hand side of the screen. I'm not seeing any more than that - Reform Magazine, Ship Mugs and AdChoices inviting me to chat with Philippine girls.

Have you checked your computer for some form of mal-ware?

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Mus be what it is. I'm in the library now and there's no problem here.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers
***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers
Dr Who turns into a space lizard

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers
***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***
***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***spoilers***

--------------------

Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig

--------------------
Gilbert's Potoroo is Australia's most endangered animal.

Posts: 2778 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

- Posted      Profile for Potoroo     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Link

Gilbert's Potoroo

--------------------

Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

Link in sig

--------------------

Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

Two links in sig

--------------------

Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

Dammit!

Two links in sig (again)

--------------------

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

You've got a special character in the Wiki URL that the software here won't accept. Try using tinyurl.com, or similar, to get a link that will work here.

--------------------

Potoroo
Shipmate
# 13466

Thank you, Alan Cresswell.

That was getting embarrassing! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Sig test

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Again, again.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For W Hyatt (and anyone else interested):

You can reproduce the nested list from your Keryg OP by using the UBB LIST function.

In this function:

[ list ] generates a bulleted list.
[ list=a ] generates a lettered list.
[ list=1 ] generates a numbered list.
[ * ] needs to be put in front of each list item.

(spaces added so the codes will display rather than trying to create a list!)

Your original list looked like this
code:
1. but
a. nevertheless, notwithstanding
b. an objection
c. an exception
d. a restriction
e. nay, rather, yea, moreover
f. forms a transition to the cardinal matter

By using a combination of the above LIST codes, you can do the same thing without the CODE tags. Here it is:

1. but
    1. nevertheless, notwithstanding
    2. an objection
    3. an exception
    4. a restriction
    5. nay, rather, yea, moreover
    6. forms a transition to the cardinal matter

And here it is with the code "exploded" so you can see how I did it:

[ list=1 ][ * ]but
[ list=a ][ * ]nevertheless, notwithstanding
[ * ]an objection
[ * ]an exception
[ * ]a restriction
[ * ]nay, rather, yea, moreover
[ * ]forms a transition to the cardinal matter[ /list ] [ /list ]

There you go!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  110  111  112 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016