homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » UBB Practice Thread (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  110  111  112 

Source: (consider it) Thread: UBB Practice Thread
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by icklejen:
help! i entered the knockout quiz, but it has since dawned on me that i have no idea how to post links,not just www.etc, but the neat way when a word is red and people can click on it to get to the rightlink. aaaah! geekboy husband is at geekconference in germany so he's no use! i don't even know where or whom i should be asking!

You need to use the URL button below the reply window. If you copy the address of the site you want to link to into your clipboard, paste it into the first pop-up you get then type some description text into the second. And, voila! One proper link.

[add quoted text so the reply makes sense as we're top of a new page]

[ 13. September 2006, 18:59: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
auntie di

Ship's Magic Pudding
# 11521

- Posted      Profile for auntie di   Email auntie di   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
α β

γιθ

Ω
Ρ

[ 13. September 2006, 22:16: Message edited by: auntie di ]

--------------------
auntie di

Posts: 586 | From: Staffordshire | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jahlove
Tied to the mast
# 10290

- Posted      Profile for Jahlove   Email Jahlove   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
“Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like its heaven on earth.” - Mark Twain

Posts: 6477 | From: Alice's Restaurant (UK Franchise) | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is in QB boldface.
This is in .B boldface.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is B:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog.

This is QB:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy black dog.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Nice little piece out of Mr Mendelssohn's Elijah for a .sig.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
You need to use the URL button below the reply window. If you copy the address of the site you want to link to into your clipboard, paste it into the first pop-up you get then type some description text into the second. And, voila! One proper link.

ok, in my primary school i could find a child with the initials URL, a clipboard, some paste and a pop-up book, but really alan... what??!

--------------------
"I'ma be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtedly"

Posts: 1879 | From: SW2 to 20009 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

- Posted      Profile for Liberty   Email Liberty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
the greatest team on the planet!

ok, when i'm not being sarcastic, i am prepared to try!

--------------------

Liberty

ship's football fanatic
# 713

it works! [Smile] alan, thanks soo much. i take it all back, particularly the bit about finding paste, noone ordered any glue in the summer vac [Razz]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test (oh please work, please please work)

E.T.A It does work. Wonders never cease!

[ 14. September 2006, 20:47: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mullygrub
Up and over
# 9113

- Posted      Profile for Mullygrub   Email Mullygrub   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test.

--------------------
Smurfs are weird. And so am I.

Posts: 634 | From: Melbskies | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fauja

Lesser known misfit
# 2054

- Posted      Profile for Fauja   Email Fauja   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test
Posts: 829 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
signature test

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jen.

Godless Liberal
# 3131

- Posted      Profile for Jen.   Email Jen.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
new sig

--------------------
Was Jenny Ann, but fancied being more minimal.

Posts: 5318 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
yet another sig test

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pine Marten
Shipmate
# 11068

- Posted      Profile for Pine Marten   Email Pine Marten   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
New sig test

--------------------
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1731 | From: Isle of Albion | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
siggygygygygy

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Flausa

Mad Woman
# 3466

- Posted      Profile for Flausa     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oooohh .. I made it into someone's sig. [Biased]
Posts: 4610 | From: bonny Scotland | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
paula_okie
Apprentice
# 11837

- Posted      Profile for paula_okie   Email paula_okie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hi I'm new and I don't have a sig yet
Posts: 1 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Nicodemia
WYSIWYG
# 4756

- Posted      Profile for Nicodemia   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How do I find the URL of a thread in, say, Purgatory? I can copy it, when I've got it, but do I then go to the thread I'm replying to and paste it into that URL?

Its finding the damn thing first I can't do!

Posts: 4544 | From: not too far from Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
When you're on the home page for each board right click on a thread title and there'll be an option like "copy shortcut" that'll put the URL into your clipboard. You can then paste that into the reply window just like any other URL.

--------------------

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Loquacious beachcomber
Shipmate
# 8783

- Posted      Profile for Loquacious beachcomber     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
TODAY'S SPECIAL - AND SO ARE YOU (Sign on beachfront fish & chips shop)

Posts: 5954 | From: Southeast of Wawa, between the beach and the hiking trail.. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Question: Is there any way of indenting text on certain lines, rather than it always starting on the left hand margin?

Tab just moves away from the text box, and leading spaces seem to get removed by the software.

For most purposes, the list function works. But I'm working on a creed, and refuse to write ones with bullet points - it will look like it's escaped from Powerpoint!

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

Like this?
You need to insert some non-breaking spaces at the start of the line. They're special characters like the ™ symbol. The bit of text between & and ; is nbsp

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
α
β
γ

[ 21. September 2006, 19:07: Message edited by: Chelley ]

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
fisher
Shipmate
# 9080

- Posted      Profile for fisher     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
    Like this?
You need to insert some non-breaking spaces at the start of the line. They're special characters like the ™ symbol. The bit of text between & and ; is nbsp

Thanks! Alas, I've sort of rephrased it now and don't want to make a complete hash of the thread by editing and re-posting. But I'll know for next time.

--------------------
"Down, down, presumptuous human reason!" But somehow they found out I was not a real bishop at all G. K. Chesterton

Posts: 1327 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pyx_e

Quixotic Tilter
# 57

- Posted      Profile for Pyx_e     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
It is better to be Kind than right.

Posts: 9778 | From: The Dark Tower | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Snap!

(sig test)

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
scopatore segreto
Shipmate
# 11848

- Posted      Profile for scopatore segreto     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
test

--------------------
"Well, if it's a symbol, to hell with it." Flannery O'Connor

Posts: 291 | From: the Christ-haunted South | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
scopatore segreto
Shipmate
# 11848

- Posted      Profile for scopatore segreto     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
italics

--------------------

Posts: 291 | From: the Christ-haunted South | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
scopatore segreto
Shipmate
# 11848

with signature?

--------------------

Amazing Grace

High Church Protestant
# 95

- Posted      Profile for Amazing Grace   Email Amazing Grace   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
One good sig quote deserves another. Thanks Kel.

--------------------
WTFWED? "Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck" - the Gator
Memory Eternal! Sheep 3, Phil the Wise Guy, and Jesus' Evil Twin in the SoF Nativity Play

Posts: 6593 | From: Sittin' by the dock of the [SF] bay | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ginga
Ship's lurker
# 1899

- Posted      Profile for Ginga     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
seg tist
Posts: 1075 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zorro
Shipmate
# 9156

- Posted      Profile for Zorro   Author's homepage   Email Zorro   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
It is so hard to believe, because it is so hard to obey. Soren Kierkegaard
Well, churches really should be like sluts; take everyone no matter who they are or whether they can pay. Spiffy da wondersheep

Posts: 2568 | From: Baja California (actually the UK but that's where my fans know me from) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jumping on the bandwagon...

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
HenryT

Canadian Anglican
# 3722

- Posted      Profile for HenryT   Author's homepage   Email HenryT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
test

--------------------
"Perhaps an invincible attachment to the dearest rights of man may, in these refined, enlightened days, be deemed old-fashioned" P. Henry, 1788

Posts: 7231 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Angry pacifist sig test.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig.

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Unda Maris
Shipmate
# 4983

- Posted      Profile for Unda Maris   Email Unda Maris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yet another newbie (well, rare-y) practising inserting a link ...

Auntie Beeb

--------------------
Competence costs extra!

Posts: 66 | From: Solihull - the centre of England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Unda Maris
Shipmate
# 4983

- Posted      Profile for Unda Maris   Email Unda Maris   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey, it worked first time!!! [Yipee]

Thank you all!

--------------------
Competence costs extra!

Posts: 66 | From: Solihull - the centre of England | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Siggy goodness

Paul W

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
murdo
Apprentice
# 11729

- Posted      Profile for murdo   Email murdo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Testing quotes take 1.

--------------------
'Don't make me slap you. Once I start I may not be able to stop.'
My mum

murdo
Apprentice
# 11729

- Posted      Profile for murdo   Email murdo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
Sig test (oh please work, please please work)

E.T.A It does work. Wonders never cease!

Take 2!! Pretty plesae.

--------------------
'Don't make me slap you. Once I start I may not be able to stop.'
My mum

Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test.

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
mr cheesy
Shipmate
# 3330

- Posted      Profile for mr cheesy   Email mr cheesy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

WAAA how good is that?

[ 28. September 2006, 07:46: Message edited by: mr cheesy ]

--------------------
arse

mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
testing

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  110  111  112 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016