homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » UBB Practice Thread (Page 21)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  110  111  112 

Source: (consider it) Thread: UBB Practice Thread
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia:
So how do you link to a specific post then? I tried using the address that showed up in the tool bar above the post, but all that came up was the boards home page.

Just to the left of the date/time above each post there's a little icon like a bit of paper. Right click on that, copy the URL into your clipboard and use that.

[added quote of question so the top of page answer makes more sense]

[ 24. October 2006, 07:35: Message edited by: Alan Cresswell ]

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
latest sig

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
christianjimmy
Shipmate
# 1820

- Posted      Profile for christianjimmy   Author's homepage   Email christianjimmy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
testing this out

--------------------
[on discovering that 'Happy Birthday' was composed in 1924]
Alan Davies: What did people sing in 1923, for goodness' sake? They got the cake out and everyone just stood about in a slightly awkward silence?

Posts: 411 | From: That small insignificant country next to Wales... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig the second (well the third if you count what it was originally too!)

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
adjusting the bumper stickers

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*scrape scrape scrape... adjust... measure... pat pat pat*

that's the one

[ 26. October 2006, 06:23: Message edited by: comet ]

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Am I the only one to notice that when you hover your mouse over the [Overused] icon, it says "overused"???

Perhaps someone's trying to tell us something [Biased]

Btw, I rather think it's a shame that we can't make a whole row of [Overused] 's and set them off one after another, so that they do a kind of Mexican wave.

Note to self: get a sig.

--------------------
Pure Sunshine by name, and sometimes by nature.

Posts: 472 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Quizmaster

Quick quipper
# 1435

- Posted      Profile for Quizmaster   Author's homepage   Email Quizmaster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Like this?

Mexican Wave

[ 26. October 2006, 20:33: Message edited by: Quizmaster ]

--------------------
The more questions I ask the more I ask fewer questions.
OR=========================================
The wise person does not know all the answers, but always asks the right questions.

Posts: 3326 | From: Exeter, Devon | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I always forget. Now how do you do that trademark thingy again?

--------------------
The Society of St. Pius *
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Posts: 4161 | From: Choral Evensong | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
& trade ; but without the spaces.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
test

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

- Posted      Profile for St. Punk the Pious   Author's homepage   Email St. Punk the Pious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Campbellite, thank you™.

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ondergard
Shipmate
# 9324

- Posted      Profile for Ondergard   Email Ondergard   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Αγαπωμεν αγαπητοι αλληλους
Posts: 276 | From: Essex | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hmmmm

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(deleted, cos I asked a question and then realised that Dr. Cresswell has only just answered it. Ooopsy.)

[ 30. October 2006, 16:22: Message edited by: Papio ]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Posts: 12176 | From: a zoo in England. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

- Posted      Profile for Papio   Email Papio   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This should link to a post of mine from a Purgatory thread. Does it?

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

[Yipee]

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

sparkly_h
Shipmate
# 7997

- Posted      Profile for sparkly_h   Email sparkly_h   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test
Posts: 158 | From: Chichester | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
siggly.. piccie change time again

--------------------
Many big thank yous to those who sponsored us.

I use £6m of military hardware to find hidden Tupperware in the woods.

Posts: 15217 | From: A grown up house | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

- Posted      Profile for Pants   Email Pants   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
or is this what i meant actually

--------------------

Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test.

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

- Posted      Profile for Pure Sunshine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now that I'm almost a Shipmate™ (did that work???) I had better check that I can link to pages:

This should link to the Ship homepage.

Btw, how do you do that clever thing where you link to a specific post on a thread?

--------------------

St. Punk the Pious

Biblical™ Punk
# 683

Holy sig check, cause I found a faithful remnant of the Society of St. Pius I online.
[Angel]

--------------------
Wannabe Anglican, Reader
My reely gud book.

Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Sunshine:
Btw, how do you do that clever thing where you link to a specific post on a thread?

You mean, like linking to this post at the top of this page ?

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Don't mind me, just testing something...

...which appears to have worked. I'll probably be back soon to test something else.

[ 31. October 2006, 16:17: Message edited by: Stevie Boy Wonder ]

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

- Posted      Profile for Stevie Boy Wonder   Author's homepage   Email Stevie Boy Wonder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test... talk amongst yourselves...

...yes, all fine. Please disperse, people, nothing to see here...

[ 31. October 2006, 16:22: Message edited by: Stevie Boy Wonder ]

--------------------
Jesus saves. But in the current economic climate, His pension probably won't be enough for eternity...

Also by the same author

Posts: 1599 | From: Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Never Conforming

Aspiring to Something
# 4054

- Posted      Profile for Never Conforming   Author's homepage   Email Never Conforming   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
.sig test

--------------------
I used to poison Student Minds™ and am proud to have done so
Never Conforming in the Surreal World

Posts: 1419 | From: Oop Norf | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Sunshine:

You mean, like linking to this post at the top of this page ?
Yep, that. I don't think I've ever seen any refs to how to do that anywhere, though will go back to the URL tips page to check.

--------------------

Scot

Deck hand
# 2095

- Posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Look at the post to which Alan linked.

--------------------
“Here, we are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9515 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Did it work?

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yet another sig test! The new link is great!

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
Yet another sig test! The new link is great!

... Except when it doesn't work. Giving it another go...

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pure Sunshine
Shipmate
# 11904

quote:
Originally posted by Scot:
Look at the post to which Alan linked.

The fool looks at the finger, the wise man looks where the finger points ...

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Padingtun Bear.

Bear of Very Little Brain
# 3935

- Posted      Profile for Padingtun Bear.   Email Padingtun Bear.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test. It's been a while...

--------------------
Shameless publicity for a great new book:
A voice from the fringe

Posts: 961 | From: South Oxfordshire | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
homeward bound pilgrim?
Apprentice
# 11965

- Posted      Profile for homeward bound pilgrim?   Email homeward bound pilgrim?   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Cresswell:
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia:
So how do you link to a specific post then? I tried using the address that showed up in the tool bar above the post, but all that came up was the boards home page.

Just to the left of the date/time above each post there's a little icon like a bit of paper. Right click on that, copy the URL into your clipboard and use that.

[added quote of question so the top of page answer makes more sense]

testing

--------------------
May you live every day of your life. --Jonathan Swift

Posts: 39 | From: Shipley, West Yorkshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
homeward bound pilgrim?
Apprentice
# 11965

- Posted      Profile for homeward bound pilgrim?   Email homeward bound pilgrim?   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Hey it worked! [Yipee]

--------------------

homeward bound pilgrim?
Apprentice
# 11965

Just seeing whether I got an avitar

--------------------

Paul W.

Shipmate
# 1450

- Posted      Profile for Paul W.   Author's homepage   Email Paul W.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Siggus Testus

--------------------
"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks

Blog
Flickr

Posts: 2835 | From: Leeds, UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
samara
Shipmate
# 9932

- Posted      Profile for samara   Email samara   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Ditto Paul, and probably for the same reason.

--------------------
Bookworms will rule the world (after we finish the background reading).
Courtesy of Trouble in China

Posts: 439 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

Whoop whoop!™

--------------------

Also by the same author

Stevie Boy Wonder
Shipmate
# 11869

While I'm here, I think I'll have a go at linking to my first ever post.

Ooh, how clever am I? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Also by the same author

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is it there yet?

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
here

--------------------
Jamat ..in utmost longditude, where Heaven
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect
Against the eastern gate of Paradise. (Milton Paradise Lost Bk iv)

Posts: 3228 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jamat
Shipmate
# 11621

- Posted      Profile for Jamat   Author's homepage   Email Jamat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
here

--------------------
Jamat ..in utmost longditude, where Heaven
with Earth and ocean meets, the setting sun slowly descended, and with right aspect
Against the eastern gate of Paradise. (Milton Paradise Lost Bk iv)

Posts: 3228 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pants

Emergency underwear
# 999

caterpillar

--------------------

Papio

Ship's baboon
# 4201

Ho hum, tiddly tum.

--------------------
Infinite Penguins.
My "Readit, Swapit" page
My "LibraryThing" page

Imaginary Friend

Real to you
# 186

- Posted      Profile for Imaginary Friend   Email Imaginary Friend   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Papio - I can't wait 'til you get to 10000 and stop posting things like that!

[Smile]

Anyhow: the point of my coming here was to see what the 'code' tag did:

code:
some code

________
_ / \
/ \_/ _ \
| _ |_| |
| | | |
|_| |__________|

Hmm. That's nice. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We had a good team on paper. Unfortunately, the game was played on grass."
Brian Clough

Posts: 9455 | From: Left a bit... Right a bit... | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  110  111  112 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016