homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » UBB Practice Thread (Page 37)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  110  111  112 

Source: (consider it) Thread: UBB Practice Thread
John Donne

Renaissance Man
# 220

- Posted      Profile for John Donne     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test in honour of my calculator that I am revisiting and falling in love with again.
Posts: 13667 | From: Perth, W.A. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
siggity sig sig

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
siggity sig sig the second

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

...the third

--------------------
"What's good about sad?"

To The Pain
Shipmate
# 12235

- Posted      Profile for To The Pain   Email To The Pain   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test - being smug about my Masters grade

--------------------
Now occasionally blogging.
Hire Bell Tents and camping equipment in Scotland

Posts: 1183 | From: The Granite City | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
Books and things.

I lied. There are no things. Just books.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
testing link

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ooops, trying again.

[url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Je_t%27aime..._moi_non_plus]link[/url]
eta: damn, why does it do that?

[ 30. August 2007, 20:28: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alan Cresswell

Mad Scientist 先生
# 31

- Posted      Profile for Alan Cresswell   Email Alan Cresswell   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It doesn't like the % in the url ... I'd suggest using tinyurl.com, or similar, to create a link without odd characters that the UBB software will accept.

--------------------
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it.

Posts: 32413 | From: East Kilbride (Scotland) or 福島 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

OK, here goes. link to a dumb song somebody mentioned in a Heaven thread .

Wow! It worked! And, even better, it was easy. (Said the technophobe.) Thank you, Alan.

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
trying a link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20465878/

or
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20465878/

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Posts: 4336 | From: Eastern US | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

- Posted      Profile for Geneviève   Email Geneviève   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
ok, help please. I posted the link, but how do you get the comments in red that people put in,
so that for example,in my text instead of seeing the link, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20465878/, you see a phrase such as "here" or "Oprah story", etc.?

the UBB instructions don't say. Thanks.

--------------------
"Ineffable" defined: "I cannot and will not be effed with." (Courtesy of CCTooSweet in Running the Books)

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

One more point: I did read back in this thread where someone was explaining how to do the link, but I didn't get it...sorry!!

--------------------

Geneviève

Mother-Hatting Cat Lover
# 9098

trying again (I found Alan's explanation):

Oprah story

Here it goes

[Yipee] No need for help. [Yipee]

[ 01. September 2007, 14:16: Message edited by: DaisyM ]

--------------------

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

“Christian men who can bridge the gap between the different classes of society” – a go-between the lower classes and the clergyman who was regarded as being high on the social scale. As the Dean of Manchester put it, most Readers were “more in unison with the masses with whom they mixed

test

test

[ 01. September 2007, 19:59: Message edited by: justlooking ]

Posts: 2319 | From: thither and yon | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chesterbelloc

Tremendous trifler
# 3128

- Posted      Profile for Chesterbelloc   Email Chesterbelloc   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
"[A] moral, intellectual, and social step below Mudfrog."

Posts: 4199 | From: Athens Borealis | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jes checkin' a noo look

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Puppycat
Ship's Toast and Vegemite
# 4941

- Posted      Profile for Puppycat   Email Puppycat   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Checking my sig.

--------------------
“The Angels stole my phone box.” Doctor Who ~ Blink

Pics of my trip to Israel and Paris

Posts: 1905 | From: Picnicking at Hanging Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
kenosis
Shipmate
# 10433

- Posted      Profile for kenosis   Email kenosis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[URL=http://www.google.com]Test[/URL
kenosis
Shipmate
# 10433

- Posted      Profile for kenosis   Email kenosis   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Test
kenosis
Shipmate
# 10433

Oh dear...

How about this? test

kenosis
Shipmate
# 10433

Success!
comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*cough*

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
I'm a Fundagelical Evangimentalist. What are you?
Take Me Home * My Heart * An hour with Rich Mullins *

Posts: 13788 | From: Below the Bible Belt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

- Posted      Profile for Janine   Email Janine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
testing testing

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test
Posts: 6806 | From: Tio'tia:ke | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig.

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Divine Outlaw
Gin-soaked boy
# 2252

- Posted      Profile for Divine Outlaw   Author's homepage   Email Divine Outlaw   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Let's sig. again, like we did last summer.

--------------------
insert amusing sig. here

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

yah!

--------------------

Janine

The Endless Simmer
# 3337

where'd that come from?

--------------------

Keren-Happuch

Ship's Eyeshadow
# 9818

- Posted      Profile for Keren-Happuch   Author's homepage   Email Keren-Happuch   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig?

--------------------
Travesty, treachery, betrayal!
EXCESS - The Art of Treason
Nea Fox

Posts: 2407 | From: A Fine City | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
J Whitgift

Pro ecclesia dei!
# 1981

- Posted      Profile for J Whitgift   Email J Whitgift   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Test new sig.

--------------------
On the issue of homosexuality the Liberals have spent their time thinking, considering and listening (in the spirit of the Windsor process), whereas Conservative Anglicans have used the time to further dig their feet in and become more intransigent.

Posts: 2838 | From: Gone shoreside | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

- Posted      Profile for Trudy Scrumptious   Author's homepage   Email Trudy Scrumptious   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Yada yada sig test

--------------------
Books and things.

Posts: 7428 | From: Closer to Paris than I am to Vancouver | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Autenrieth Road

Shipmate
# 10509

- Posted      Profile for Autenrieth Road   Email Autenrieth Road   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
nother sig test

--------------------
Truth

Posts: 9559 | From: starlight | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For the record, it's "publisher" in the original, but the same sentiment applies and I'm sure Le Carré would approve.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trudy Scrumptious

BBE Shieldmaiden
# 5647

Once more, with feeling.

--------------------
Books and things.

the giant cheeseburger
Shipmate
# 10942

- Posted      Profile for the giant cheeseburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
found in a comments section of an online news article about Alicia Silverstone stripping for PETA...

--------------------
If I give a homeopathy advocate a really huge punch in the face, can the injury be cured by giving them another really small punch in the face?

Posts: 4834 | From: Adelaide, South Australia. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Testing

I think it worked.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Testing this one

I think this one worked too...

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

- Posted      Profile for Knopwood   Email Knopwood   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
sig test
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sig test

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

- Posted      Profile for justlooking   Author's homepage   Email justlooking   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
[URL=http://www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/the-wormwood-file-e-mail-from-hell/ ]what the mentalist sent me[/URL]

does this work ?

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

quote:
Originally posted by justlooking:
[URL=http://www.incommunion.org/forest-flier/books/the-wormwood-file-e-mail-from-hell/ ]what the mentalist sent me[/URL]

does this work ?

nope. try again.

again

justlooking
Shipmate
# 12079

quote:
quote:

does this work ?

nope. try again.

again

what the mentalist sent me

[Smile]

Thurible
Shipmate
# 3206

- Posted      Profile for Thurible   Email Thurible   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 

--------------------
"I've been baptised not lobotomised."

Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sit still on 28th November
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Adrienne
Shipmate
# 2334

- Posted      Profile for Adrienne   Email Adrienne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
and again
Posts: 977 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Knopwood
Shipmate
# 11596

sig test

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  110  111  112 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016