homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Ship of Fools media sightings (general) (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Ship of Fools media sightings (general)
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Also Washington Times and Thaindian News and Yahoo News India.

[ 15. December 2008, 07:55: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
See Newser too (which is news to me)

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

For those in Northern Ireland (or listening on the web) I will be on Sunday Sequence, BBC Radio Ulster this Sunday (21 Dec) talking car crash carols at approx 8.45am.

[ 19. December 2008, 15:14: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

--------------------

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Link to the BBC Radio Ulster interview here - titled 'a festive car crash'.

[Cool]

--------------------

Peter Owen
Shipmate
# 134

- Posted      Profile for Peter Owen   Author's homepage   Email Peter Owen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ancient Mariner was also interviewed about car crash carols on Radio Merseyside this morning.

Daybreak

The interview starts at 2 hours 24 minutes 30 seconds.

--------------------
Πετρος

Posts: 266 | From: overlooking Liverpool Bay | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Car crash goes BBC tomorrow. Look out for interviews on the following stations:

6.50am - BBC Radio 5 Live (Ancient Mariner)
7.20am - BBC Radio Wales (Simon)
7.25am - BBC Radio Northants (Ancient Mariner)
8.25am - BBC Radio Newcastle (Ancient Mariner)

We also expect a feature on BBC Radio 4's Today programme - not sure what time.

--------------------

daisymay

St Elmo's Fire
# 1480

- Posted      Profile for daisymay     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
hmmm, I always get wakened early am and turn on Five Live! So I may hear this interview! All the best, both of you!

--------------------
London
Flickr fotos

Posts: 11224 | From: London - originally Dundee, Blairgowrie etc... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SusanDoris:
I expect all UK members have just been listening to 'Today' on BBC Radio 4! Around 07:45 there was quite a long item about carol words, mentioning SoF quite a lot, complete with interview ... but I didn't catch the name of the SoF member who spoke.

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
quote:
I expect all UK members have just been listening to 'Today' on BBC Radio 4! Around 07:45 there was quite a long item about carol words, mentioning SoF quite a lot, complete with interview ... but I didn't catch the name of the SoF member who spoke.

That was Steve - Ancient Mariner. Good piece too.

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moth

Shipmate
# 2589

- Posted      Profile for Moth     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nice work on the Today programme!

--------------------
"There are governments that burn books, and then there are those that sell the libraries and shut the universities to anyone who can't pay for a key." Laurie Penny.

Posts: 3446 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

See Kent Online

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
BBC Five Live here - fast forward to 53.30 to hear AM. Lots of mention of the Ship.

'Sounds like a bit of a fuss about nothing' says Mark Pougatch. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Agent Smith
Shipmate
# 3299

- Posted      Profile for Agent Smith   Email Agent Smith   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just mentioned on Classic FM [Big Grin] [Overused]

--------------------
"I'm so English, I am probably descended from a Cricket Bat and a cup of tea".

James May - 20th Century

http://www.flickr.com/photos/agentsmith1974/

Posts: 536 | From: Inside M25 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Agent Smith
Shipmate
# 3299

- Posted      Profile for Agent Smith   Email Agent Smith   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Agent Smith:

Sorry, [Hot and Hormonal] should clarify that one, (was a bit surprised hearing about the ship in "normal" life. - Briefly talking about the car crash carols.

--------------------
"I'm so English, I am probably descended from a Cricket Bat and a cup of tea".

James May - 20th Century

http://www.flickr.com/photos/agentsmith1974/

Posts: 536 | From: Inside M25 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Roseofsharon
Shipmate
# 9657

- Posted      Profile for Roseofsharon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Sorry, [Hot and Hormonal] should clarify that one, (was a bit surprised hearing about the ship in "normal" life. - Briefly talking about the car crash carols.
I got quite excited hearing The Ship being talked about on "Today" - it was almost like hearing my own name being mentioned.
If Mr RoS hadn't still been abed I would have nudged him and said "I belong to that" [Hot and Hormonal] [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Talk about books -any books- on our rejuvenatedforum http://www.bookgrouponline.com/index.php?

Posts: 3060 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Wales Online

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rev per Minute:
BBC Five Live here - fast forward to 53.30 to hear AM. Lots of mention of the Ship.

'Sounds like a bit of a fuss about nothing' says Mark Pougatch. [Roll Eyes]

Actually, Mark immediately slipped in that it was the ones who had changed the words, the PC brigade, that had made a fuss over nothing. I'm not sure that Steve caught that distinction either.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I downloaded real player on rejected ol' used laptop to hear it. I agree with Steve about not changing the carols...tis disgrace.

Thanks for the heads up to go to 53:30 or so. I started listening to lorrys being attacked by thieves after power was restored to parts of Lancaster or wherever and starting to doze off...but then saw I could fast forward and hear the beloved Steve. Thanks appreciate it.

[ 25. December 2008, 04:48: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

A present on Christmas Day from the Daily Telegraph.

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

ITV News has the story - and it was apparently on ITV Wales Teletext as well.

--------------------

Arrietty

Ship's borrower
# 45

- Posted      Profile for Arrietty   Author's homepage   Email Arrietty   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I can't see if anyone has posted a link to the full page Church Times feature on the 12 Days of Kitchmas - which was a direct lift from (and attributed to) SoF and appears in the non-subscriber bit of the online version as well.

--------------------
i-church

Online Mission and Ministry

Posts: 6634 | From: Coventry, UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sarkycow:
quote:

Radio 4 Today Programme link, of 24/12/2008, with Listen Again here, starting at 7.45am, as stated above. In good ole Today style: brief and dry, but good.

[ 30. December 2008, 10:03: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mockingbird

Mimus polyglottos navis
# 5818

- Posted      Profile for Mockingbird   Author's homepage   Email Mockingbird   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A recent Wall Street Journal article about mystery worship NOWHERE mentioned the Ship.

--------------------
Forţon we sealon efestan ţas Easterlican ţing to asmeagenne and to gehealdanne, ţaet we magon cuman to ţam Easterlican daege, ţe aa byđ, mid fullum glaedscipe and wynsumnysse and ecere blisse.

Posts: 1443 | From: Between Broken Bow and Black Mesa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Celtic Knotweed
Shipmate
# 13008

- Posted      Profile for Celtic Knotweed   Email Celtic Knotweed   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Ringing World (weekly journal, only headlines from the current week's stories on the website usually) dated 2/1/09 mentions the Ship in its 'From the e-lists' column. Someone on the Truro DG list liked the comments on their ringing in this Mystery Worshipper report.

--------------------
My little sister is riding 100k round London at night to raise money for cancer research donations here if you feel so inclined.

Posts: 664 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Good report of Mystery Worshipper in Canada's Christian Week - though (I should point out for accuracy) I have never been an official mystery shopper, only worked with market research organisations that employ them.

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Brief mention of 'the other place' (St Pixels) right now on BBC Radio 4, in the 'god.com' programme.

Not sure it the Ship is being mentioned too, as it ain't finished yet. An interesting report in any case, I find.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just heard that programme too, it was really interesting. I'm really glad that Ship of Fools was there at the start of people trying to make sense of their faith on the internet, and of our experiments in online embodied worship back in the church of fools.

'frin

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lothlorien
Ship's Grandma
# 4927

- Posted      Profile for Lothlorien   Email Lothlorien   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Wright writes wonderfully, accessibly and as smooth as fine chocolate
So says the endorsement quoting the Ship's site on the backcover of NT Wright's latest book on Romans, Paul for Everyone, Part I.

[ 11. February 2009, 22:06: Message edited by: Lothlorien ]

--------------------
Buy a bale. Help our Aussie rural communities and farmers. Another great cause needing support The High Country Patrol.

Posts: 9745 | From: girt by sea | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
St. Gwladys
Shipmate
# 14504

- Posted      Profile for St. Gwladys   Email St. Gwladys   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know it's a little late to contribute, but the 12 days of Kitchmas was mentioned in The Western Mail, which is the "National Newspaper of Wales". There's swank then!

--------------------
"I say - are you a matelot?"
"Careful what you say sir, we're on board ship here"
From "New York Girls", Steeleye Span, Commoners Crown (Voiced by Peter Sellers)

Posts: 3333 | From: Rhymney Valley, South Wales | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey, RuthW found this article and posted it on the What's wrong with the British? thread. See the citation of the Ship's Mystery Worshiper near the bottom of the article.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

frin

Drinking coffee for Jesus
# 9

- Posted      Profile for frin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There was a review of Mystery Worshipper reviews in the Observer last Sunday. A colleague had kept a copy to show me, it was page 3 of the Review section. A very nice piece.

--------------------
"Even the crocodile looks after her young" - Lamentations 4, remembering Erin.

Posts: 4496 | From: a library | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ferijen
Shipmate
# 4719

- Posted      Profile for Ferijen   Email Ferijen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spotted an Ancient Mariner on BBC1's the One Show. National TV indeed!
Posts: 3259 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by frin:
There was a review of Mystery Worshipper reviews in the Observer last Sunday. A colleague had kept a copy to show me, it was page 3 of the Review section. A very nice piece.

It's also online here.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ferijen:
Spotted an Ancient Mariner on BBC1's the One Show. National TV indeed!

i-player link to the show, the clip is 12:30 in, but it's SteveTom, not Ancient Mariner.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not quite the mass media, but there's an e-mail discussion for Bishops and Deputies to the Episcopal Church's General Convention. Only Deputies, Bishops, and members of Executive Council or the Church Center staff can post, but anyone who signs up can receive and read the (numerous) posts every day. Most of them belong in Dead Horse territory.

A couple of days ago someone posted a link to this eight-year-old SofF storyand now there have been all sorts of silly replies and suggestions. (I can't re-post them due to the rules, but really, you're not missing much.)

Then I discovered that the Rector of a church in Phoenix apparently subscribes to the General Convention list, because he has now posted the story on Facebook as if it's a new story -- in fact, he refers to it as a "recent story."

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ya know? For some people, only 8 years IS recent.

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

It's not exactly a media sighting, but Tree Bee found mention of the Ship in a book she's been reading, Adventures on the High Teas by Stuart Maconie. It even mentions Hell! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ender's Shadow
Shipmate
# 2272

- Posted      Profile for Ender's Shadow   Email Ender's Shadow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Campbellite:
Ya know? For some people, only 8 years IS recent.

We must tell our Orthodox friends, who after all think in terms of centuries; they might have more hope for the Episcopal church if they see such a 'healthy' definition of recent... [Big Grin]

Nope - probably not

--------------------
Test everything. Hold on to the good.

Please don't refer to me as 'Ender' - the whole point of Ender's Shadow is that he isn't Ender.

Posts: 5018 | From: Manchester, England | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

Max tips off the Daily Telegraph about Post the Host.

--------------------

Peter Owen
Shipmate
# 134

- Posted      Profile for Peter Owen   Author's homepage   Email Peter Owen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The National Post of Canada has found the Ship.

Nancy Gall: Ship of Fools charts course through religion's weirdest waters

--------------------
Πετρος

Posts: 266 | From: overlooking Liverpool Bay | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonathan Strange
Shipmate
# 11001

- Posted      Profile for Jonathan Strange   Email Jonathan Strange   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A red herring, but worth a look: Mariah Mundi and the Ship of Fools

--------------------
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bears his teeth, winter meets its death,
When he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again"

Posts: 1327 | From: Wessex | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Change the names and the blurb could read like a certain recent Hell thread! [Ultra confused]

Love the illustrations!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Great Gumby

Ship's Brain Surgeon
# 10989

- Posted      Profile for The Great Gumby   Author's homepage   Email The Great Gumby   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guardian's Comment is Free site is discussing the future of Thought for the Day. Halfway down the first page, there's a comment from "eleutheria" stating that atheists can discuss theology just as well as theists, including this incisive comment:
quote:
I'm an atheist, and I take an "intelligent general interest" in religion and in theology. I read theological discussions on Ship of Fools for pleasure, I read Donne, Herbert, Vaughan, Traherne, Crashaw. None of these diversions winds me up - except where Ship of Fools discussions turn into a pissing contest between self-declared holders of orthodoxy and those they deem heretics.

--------------------
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

A letter to my son about death

Posts: 5382 | From: Home for shot clergy spouses | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quite a lot about the ship spin off, St Pixels, but he Ship was briefly mentioned in BBC Radio 4's Beyond Belief programme today.

A podcast should be available from the beeb soon.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Hooker's Trick

Admin Emeritus and Guardian of the Gin
# 89

- Posted      Profile for Hooker's Trick   Author's homepage   Email Hooker's Trick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St Michael and All Angels, Exeter responds to a recent MW Report in the June issue of their parish magazine. (linked on the left).
Posts: 6735 | From: Gin Lane | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lord Pontivillian
Shipmate
# 14308

- Posted      Profile for Lord Pontivillian   Author's homepage   Email Lord Pontivillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cardiff born editor of Ship-of-Fools Simon Jenkins was quoted in the Western Mail regarding the +Nichols comments.

--------------------
The Church in Wales is Ancient, Catholic and Deformed - Typo found in old catechism.

Posts: 665 | From: Horsham | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lord Pontivillian
Shipmate
# 14308

- Posted      Profile for Lord Pontivillian   Author's homepage   Email Lord Pontivillian   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by booktonmacarthur:
Cardiff born editor of Ship-of-Fools Simon Jenkins was quoted in the Western Mail regarding the +Nichols comments.

I hate to double post, but the internet failed and I ran out of edit-time...

I loved the "Cardiff born" bit, only in the Western Mail! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Church in Wales is Ancient, Catholic and Deformed - Typo found in old catechism.

Posts: 665 | From: Horsham | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Viola
Administrator
# 20

- Posted      Profile for Viola   Email Viola   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam:
Quite a lot about the ship spin off, St Pixels, but he Ship was briefly mentioned in BBC Radio 4's Beyond Belief programme today.

A podcast should be available from the beeb soon.

Here in fact. Just listening now. Good stuff Ancient Mariner!

--------------------
"If ye love me, keep my commandments" John 14:15

"Commandment number one: shut the hell up." Erin Etheredge 1971-2010

Posts: 4345 | From: West of England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is a full-page feature in the Church Times this week (page 19, subscriber only at the mo.) called 'Click your way to church'. It is mainly about i-church, with mentions for Church of Fools, St. Pixels, Anglican Cathedral in Second Life and others. 'Ship of Fools' is shown clearly as a link from the i-church site, so anyone visiting as a result of the article could potentially find their way here.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chapter and Worse featured on BBC Radio 4's Sunday this morning. Steve Toms was interviewed from Greenbelt and someone else in the studio got to pontificate on how the Bible should have been read. 'Twould have made more sense had they read the Ship's discussions beforehand, because they obviously hadn't.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016