homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » Gadgets for God Suggestions (Page 3)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Gadgets for God Suggestions
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Just in time for Easter... Chocolate Praying Hands with a Religious Easter Card Attached!
quote:
Each ‘Hear My Prayer’ Easter greeting card features edible chocolate praying hands encased on the front of the card, offering the recipient a tasty treat to enjoy on this special day while also honoring its true meaning through an appropriate religious message.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Rite this one down.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Well, OK...but I'm quite sure that Jesus doesn't like black nail polish.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Are you saying God doesn't like Goths? Despite them creating some oh his most inspired* architecture? Is it because they brought down the Roman Empire? I mean, Rome had gone quite potty by that time anyway. Yeah, their music is depressing, but no reason to hate on them.

*The most inspired is by the lesser known tribe; the Gaudís.
Only one cathedral, true, but what a work.

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
Rite this one down.

Cool. You'd just need a purple one to be set for most of the liturgical year

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Many more variations on Barbie and Ken dolls, including Barbie as the Virgin Mary and Our Lady of Guadaloupe, and Ken as Jesus on the cross.

Actually it is an art exhibit rather than a commercial product, but that needn't stop you from enjoying the images. (You can follow the various links to see and read more.)

North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Holy socks, Biblical brollies and Glory golf balls.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
A twist on an old (gadgets) theme.

Time to send us your favourite "Badvent" calendar.

[Cool]

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
With more than 10 million Advent calendars due to be purchased in the next six weeks, we're leading a national (UK) search to find one we can truly call a "Badvent" calendar – the one furthest from the true meaning of Christmas.
Is this only open to the U.K.?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Ancient Mariner

Sip the ship
# 4

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner   Author's homepage   Email Ancient Mariner   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Only ones available in the UK can be entered, Pidg, but we'd like to see those from other countries for comparison.

--------------------
Ship of Fools' first novel, Rattles & Rosettes, is the tale of two football (soccer) fans: 16-year-old Tom in 1914 and Dan in 2010. More at www.rattlesandrosettes.com

Posts: 2582 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Any of these.

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Dad said he'd make an advent calendar and the kids got all excited ...

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Make sure you have enough chocolate willies for advent, it would never do to be short.

[ 21. October 2014, 19:20: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

Apologies IOS 8 is screwing with my links. The DIY one is a beer advent calendar, and the last is one marketed by guesswhatiforgot.com as a sexy advent calendar.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
The DIY one is a beer advent calendar,

Like this one?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink.:
a sexy advent calendar.

Like this? http://www.ann summers.com/p/chocolate-advent-calendar/08cfccas1060037

(remove the space in the link to view.)

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Probably doesn't qualify for GFG, since it will only be up for a couple more days, but woot.com has the following tag line for Teva sandals:

"All the style of a medieval monk with none of the irritating fasting and praying."

[Snigger]

For some reason, the UBB code won't take the link, so:
http://www.woot.com/plus/teva-mens-sandals-1?ref=cnt_wp_23

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Archie McPhee's novelty store has an assortment of "religious kitsch".

I especially like:

--Mo Moses. (6 action figures, for "a total of 60 commandments").

--Ark of the Covenant (Is it safe to touch???)

--Jesus bandages.

--And assorted Buddhist gear (especially "break-dancing monks" tea cups).

Oh, and does your clergy (or God!) complain that your confession is short, uncreative, or just plain dull? Try all the seven deadly sins items!

[Smile]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

One more at McPhee's: An existentialist coloring book for grown-ups.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

I have seen this doing the rounds on Facebook. Lot and his wife salt and pepper shakers.

http://www.amazon.com/Kosher-Turning-Around-Pepper-Judaica/dp/B00OXC4P6G

Guess which one's salt.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

Or, if you prefer, the same company has a Noah's Ark cake pan.

http://www.thekoshercook.com/product_p/kcbw-0013.htm

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

What better way is there of contemplating the passion than this wonderful crucifixion neck tie. What could be more tasteful?

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
What better way is there of contemplating the passion than this wonderful crucifixion neck tie. What could be more tasteful?

I particularly like the comment on the line where Ebay usually puts other stuff it wants you to buy:

quote:
0 items similar to Jesus Son God Mens Necktie Crucifixion Christian Religious Easter Gift Tie New
Yes, I have to believe that that is true.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

From TheOnion.com:
"Christ Returns To NBA" magnet.

From Prairie Bible Fellowship comics:
"Spelling Bee" comic, available as print.
And yes, it's pertinent! [Smile]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Easter cookies of Jesus' hands with a blob of jam for wounds.

A link, because breaking scroll-lock makes the baby Jeebus cry.

[ 12. April 2015, 20:34: Message edited by: RooK ]

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I read your description of the link and didn't really believe you... but [Eek!] - someone somewhere thought that was a lovely idea, presumably [Ultra confused]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I don't know if the Tornado Atheists made them but they seemed to think it was a good idea.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
Or, if you prefer, the same company has a Noah's Ark cake pan.

http://www.thekoshercook.com/product_p/kcbw-0013.htm

Animal crackers make it more "realistic," apparently.

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Cast that first stone with the Jesus Slingshot.

I feel just terrible that I didn't learn of this until weeks after our regional Confirmation service. It would have made such a lovely gift for the youth. Maybe next year.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

For those who love zombies and Jesus, there is Fist of Jesus!

The Film!
The Merchandise! (Shirts, stickers, action figure and digital download!)
And the Video Game!
All your holiday needs in one website!

--------------------
Hallellou, hallellou

luvanddaisies

the'fun'in'fundie'™
# 5761

- Posted      Profile for luvanddaisies   Email luvanddaisies   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not so much a gadget as an entity...
a heavy metal band themed around the world's best-known cartoon Christian, Ned Flanders.
Okily Dokily
[Eek!]

--------------------
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Posts: 3711 | From: all at sea. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Hedgehog

Ship's Shortstop
# 14125

- Posted      Profile for Hedgehog   Email Hedgehog   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An article today about the many items being marketed for the Pope's forthcoming visit to Philadelphia.

There is a lot to choose from, but I think my favorite is:

quote:

...the pope-shaped mozzarella that will be available at Pastificio in South Philadelphia. Owners Anthony Messina and Frank Sangiuliano commissioned artist Larry Buss to make the mold.

"I see that being a centerpiece at the table decorated with some tomatoes and basil," Messina said. He's taken 80 advance orders at $20 apiece.

--------------------
"We must regain the conviction that we need one another, that we have a shared responsibility for others and the world, and that being good and decent are worth it."--Pope Francis, Laudato Si'

Posts: 2740 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Jesus heals!
(with this useful collection of plasters)

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Why wonder where Waldo is, when you could be Finding Jesus? (I saw this at a bookstore today.)

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Barbie is now stirring up controversy in Argentina, where she and (ex-boyfriend) Ken are depicting Jesus, Mary, and other religious figures.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Not sure whether this belongs here or Ecclesiantics but Fr Leopold Celebrates Mass seems to have arrived.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
That is SO awesome. I have a son who would delight in teasing his clerical Dad with that set.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Some important additions to the genre here.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Over at fiverr.com, where people do all sorts of things for five bucks, there's "I will have Jesus send you a custom video from Heaven".

quote:
Bethlehem in tha house!!! That's right, the son of God has a Fiverr account! Imagine the possibilities, they're endless! But for now, most folks just seem to want Christ our Lord and Savior to wish their friends/family a "Happy Birthday" or inform children their pet is in heaven with me, chillin.
So, for a video Christmas card, would he sing "Happy Birthday to Me"?

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
For people who hate Christmas.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
North East Quine

Curious beastie
# 13049

- Posted      Profile for North East Quine   Email North East Quine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Difficult choice? Wash your hands of it.
Posts: 6414 | From: North East Scotland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Instructables has many Advent calendars to make. I really like this non-religious Toy Train Advent Calendar.

Same with Nativity scenes, like "Unorthodox nativity, Gabriel's message in a plastic bottle ".

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Cast that first stone with the Jesus Slingshot.

I feel just terrible that I didn't learn of this until weeks after our regional Confirmation service. It would have made such a lovely gift for the youth. Maybe next year.

How do you keep from thwapping Him in the back of the head with your rock?

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Just what every bride wants -- The giant glass slipper church of Taiwan!

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
This is clearly sarcasm, but I think it deserves a special mention nonetheless: the Thoughts and Prayers app.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Inspired by this thread on the prosperity gospel, I came across the wonderful board game for aspiring televangelists: Fleece the flock. It appears not to be on general sale anymore, but you can pick up a second hand copy from some online retailers.
Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sipech:
Inspired by this thread on the prosperity gospel, I came across the wonderful board game for aspiring televangelists: Fleece the flock. It appears not to be on general sale anymore, but you can pick up a second hand copy from some online retailers.

[Killing me]
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Every family needs to update their creche with this lovely Hipster Nativity Set.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Don't think we're doing a Badvent calendar again this year, but if we were then Merry Force Be With You would surely be a contender.
passer

Indigo
# 13329

- Posted      Profile for passer   Email passer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Do you sometimes wonder what Christmas is really about? Is it the gifts, or is it the Faith? Well now you can battle it out in this Santa versus Jesus game. Which team will you join? Find out here.
Posts: 1289 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016