homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools
Thread closed  Thread closed

Post new thread  
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Ship's business   » The Styx   » FAQs - History of the Ship (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Source: (consider it) Thread: FAQs - History of the Ship
Fiddleback
unregistered

- Posted            Edit/delete post 
So when was 'The Gods' set up then?

('The Gods', for those who don't know, is a top secret board that only hosts and administrators are allowed to post on.)

IP: Logged
Robert Armin

All licens'd fool
# 182

- Posted      Profile for Robert Armin     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
You mean you don't post there? I thought everyone was given the secret password when they achieved Shipmate status?

Oh (shuffles feet nervously) wasn't I supposed to say that......

--------------------
Keeping fit was an obsession with Fr Moity .... He did chin ups in the vestry, calisthenics in the pulpit, and had developed a series of Tai-Chi exercises to correspond with ritual movements of the Mass. The Antipope Robert Rankin

Posts: 8927 | From: In the pack | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Edward Green
Review Editor
# 46

- Posted      Profile for Edward Green   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It's a conspiracy I tell you!

However in a spirit of openess I have decided to serialise transcripts of editorial discussion I have. So lets starts with todays:

s3: Hi, can I speak to Catherine Please?
Receptionist: I'm afraid she's on another call.
s3: Ok, it's Edward Green here, I was returning her call about the interview.
Receptionist: Okay. I'll get her to call you as soon as she's available.
s3: Okay. Thanks. Bye.
Click

Next in this exciting series, emails sent to to marketing departments of major publishers ... watch this space!

--------------------
blog//twitter//
linkedin

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fiddleback:
So when was 'The Gods' set up then?

('The Gods', for those who don't know, is a top secret board that only hosts and administrators are allowed to post on.)

It's hardly 'top-secret' is it now? It's been mentioned several times in different threads by shipmates. And none of the hosts/admins have ever denied it's existence - IIRC they've acknowledged it's existence when it's been mentioned. So what definition of top-secret are you working with?

Or do you mean that it's not listed on the main board page? That would get really confusing for people, particularly newbies who tried to click on it, and found that they didn't have access, and then got confused, and then started repetitive threads in styx about it.

Maybe you mean that there shouldn't be a special board for hosts and admins to talk about threads, and hosting changes, and issues that come up? Then they would have to do all that through PMs, and making sure everyone had all the information would be difficult. Much easier to have a board, and simply post it up, so that all hosts/admins can read it, and reply etc.

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

Sean
Shipmate
# 51

- Posted      Profile for Sean   Author's homepage   Email Sean   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Its a pretty reasonable assumption the hosts and administrators talk to each other. How else could they do their job. Does it matter one iota how they do it?

--------------------
"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality" - Einstein

Posts: 1085 | From: A very long way away | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It even says so in the FAQs - just not what it's named.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The Gods was set up just after Hurricane Joanne, which must make it just over three years old. Coordinating our efforts in dealing with the hurricane had to be done by email, which was very inefficient, so the board was set up in the aftermath.

The board was then called Editorial. The name change to The Gods only happened a few months ago. There's still a private board called Editorial for discussing main site features and projects, in contrast to The Gods, where issues relating only to the boards are discussed.

There is absolutely no truth in the rumour that there is a Paranoia board hosted by Fiddleback.

--------------------
Eternal memory

Posts: 3787 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fiddleback
unregistered

Ah but its contents are strictly top sectret. However the spies tell me that there are whole threads dedicated to troublesome shipmates. They're keeping dossiers on us, folks...
seasick

...over the edge
# 48

- Posted      Profile for seasick   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Of course, in the UK, Data Protection requires that they tell us what they say if we ask . . .

--------------------
We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian Church, ... an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein. - John Wesley

Posts: 5769 | From: A world of my own | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Ah but its contents are strictly top sectret. However the spies tell me that there are whole threads dedicated to troublesome shipmates. They're keeping dossiers on us, folks...

[joke alert ON - please do not take any of the following statments seriously in any way]

Oh goody! So if I go around the Ship causing problems and arguing with the hosts and admins and generally be obnoxious I can have my very own thread? Wheeeee...I can't wait. Just as soon as I iron my husband's underwear and polish the copper pipes in the basement, I'll be sure to find time to do this. What could be more wonderful than to be famous on a board that's not open to the public.

[joke alert OFF]

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Will there be a prize for the shipmate with the longest thread?

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(looks very nervous) (joke!)

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
As a fairly new host I was all excited about access to the Gods board, only to be sadly dissapointed.

Typical Gods thread:-

Viola - Look, heaven is 4 pages again
Clare - Bother
Viola - I may delete some tonight
Clare - Good idea, so might I
Belisarius - Oh good
Clare - Thats better
Starbelly - Yes.

And the thing is - I am not joking!

Neil

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fiddleback
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
Will there be a prize for the shipmate with the longest thread?

According to my mole, Cosmo still has this honour with a four page thread, but I should imagine that Ultraspike is rapidly catching up.

Ultraspike

Incensemeister
# 268

- Posted      Profile for Ultraspike   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
But I don't think we'll catch up with you, Father!

--------------------
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posts: 2732 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

- Posted      Profile for Simon   Author's homepage   Email Simon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fiddleback, do you have a point to make here? If so, please get to it. I'm happy to receive either well-argued negative points or (better) positive suggestions on how the boards can be run better. The sniping you've done so far is a bit of a pain, though, because it's not clear whether you want a serious go at the issues or just a bit of a laugh. And it would be very tiresome for me to enter into the former if all you were doing was the latter... I have better things to do with my time. So. What's it to be?

--------------------
Eternal memory

Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

- Posted      Profile for Sarkycow   Email Sarkycow   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Now that starbelly has revealed secrets from threads on the Gods board to us mere mortals, will he be taken out at dawn and shot? Or merely slapped on the wrist? And will Erin come all the way over from America to administer the correct punishment?

Viki

--------------------
“Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.”

David
Complete Bastard
# 3

- Posted      Profile for David     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Might I also add that you can have Your Very Own Private Board?

Granted, there is a small fee involved, but this is trivial compared to the cost involved in having access to The Gods.

We pay with our sanity.

Posts: 3815 | From: Redneck Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

- Posted      Profile for jlg   Email jlg   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Sorry, Capn Simon, sir, for giving in to the urge to stir the Fiddleback pot. For those of us who don't know the whole story, things are sometimes just amusing. But I've been on the other side of the table, so I understand that "information not available to everyone" is not synonymous with "no information" or "pack of lies".

jlg (who has held elected office in a very, very, very small town with lots of people who assume all elected officials are always lying or trying to get away with something unnecessary just to make people pay higher taxes.)

Posts: 17391 | From: Just a Town, New Hampshire, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChastMastr
Shipmate
# 716

- Posted      Profile for ChastMastr   Author's homepage   Email ChastMastr   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by sarkycow:
Now that starbelly has revealed secrets from threads on the Gods board to us mere mortals, will he be taken out at dawn and shot?

Nothing so violent as that. However, everyone listen up! Everyone who has seen those secrets! There's one more... do you see that little red light? Look carefully now...

*FLASH*

What were we talking about? Oh, yes, the weather is nice this time of year, isn't it? I do wonder what those "secret boards" are all about... guess we'll never know!

Men in Black II will be out this summer, for those who care.

--------------------
My essays on comics continuity: http://chastmastr.tumblr.com/tagged/continuity

Posts: 14068 | From: Clearwater, Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
According to my mole, Cosmo still has this honour with a four page thread, but I should imagine that Ultraspike is rapidly catching up.

quote:
Originally posted by Ultraspike:
But I don't think we'll catch up with you, Father!

Awwwww I want a thread as long as Fiddleback's : pouty smilie :

Viki

[the evil smilies won't behave]

[ 12 April 2002: Message edited by: Erin ]

--------------------

starbelly
but you can call me Neil
# 25

- Posted      Profile for starbelly   Author's homepage   Email starbelly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:

Awwwww I want a thread as long as Fiddleback's : pouty smilie :

Viki

Thats just vanity.

Neil

[it's an epidemic]

[ 12 April 2002: Message edited by: Erin ]

Posts: 6009 | From: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Does anybody remember the news bit about Robert Novak, a pet-store owner who sued a community Web site last year? Somebody made the mistake of putting his particular petstore into a discussion on the net so Robert Novak decided to sue. If you want more details
link here

[fixed horizontal scroll]

[Mad]

[ 24. November 2002, 05:23: Message edited by: RuthW ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
(as if y'all haven't enough to do already...)
(and I'm sure someone's already thought of this...)
Has anyone ever thought of writing a Book of Fools? This thread is fascinating, as are the archived histories.
Plus...Y'know..income...(cough,cough)

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
jlg

What is this place?
Why am I here?
# 98

duchess has brought up an example of just the sort of thing the admins and hosts have to worry about.

Kelly, you are a mind-reader. Go to this link in Styx"Looking for board junkies" and you will find a project underway.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Is that so! Was wondering what that was about!

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatMac

Ship's Macintosh
# 2914

- Posted      Profile for FatMac   Author's homepage   Email FatMac   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
It was great to read this thread and get some background on SoF. (Thanks Eutychus!)

I had one question if I may. I'm fascinated to know what the following involves. Erin?

quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
I spend a lot of time in trend analysis, too, to see if we're headed in the right direction and what the next step in our evolution should be.

--------------------
Do not beware the slippery slope - it is where faith resides.
Do not avoid the grey areas - they are where God works.

Posts: 1706 | From: Sydney | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Erin is going to buy a pair of hot pants, kinky boots a Mary Quant cape and a crocodile handbag? [Eek!]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Willyburger

Ship's barber
# 658

- Posted      Profile for Willyburger     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
An alligator carrying a crocodile handbag is a forward step in evolution? [Eek!]

--------------------
Willy, Unix Bigot, Esq.
--
Why is it that every time I go out to buy bookshelves, I come home with more books?

Posts: 835 | From: Arizona, US | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erin
Meaner than Godzilla
# 2

- Posted      Profile for Erin   Author's homepage   Email Erin       Edit/delete post 
You should have asked me this before, when I was still in charge. Now I just sit back and give the admins a hard time. [Smile]

Seriously... just making sure the boards are on the right track, that we're not in danger of losing sight of what we're about. Every now and then I would have to freak out and start shutting down threads left and right. About a year ago -- before T&T! -- suddenly threads about people's sexual habits were EVERYWHERE, to the extent where Simon and I began to wonder if somehow we'd slipped into a coma and the Ship had converted to an adult site while we were out of it. So I had to put the brakes on (lots of bitching, but that's par for the course).

--------------------
Commandment number one: shut the hell up.

Posts: 17140 | From: 330 miles north of paradise | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
RuthW

liberal "peace first" hankie squeezer
# 13

- Posted      Profile for RuthW     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
You should have asked me this before, when I was still in charge. Now I just sit back and give the admins a hard time. [Smile]

Six freakin' months since she roped other people into doing this and she's still gloating.
Posts: 24453 | From: La La Land | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
KenWritez
Shipmate
# 3238

- Posted      Profile for KenWritez   Email KenWritez   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I enjoyed reading about the history of the Ship; fascinating stuff. If I was wearing a hat, I'd take it off to you, Simon and Erin, and to all the hosts, admins and support staff who make the SoF possible.

Having begun and then abruptly broken off a relationship with a woman who somewhat resembled Joanne, I certainly understand and sympathize with the reactions against her.

A few questions for you, Simon and Erin: Where is the Ship headed? What developments do you both foresee in her in the next year or three? What are you both most proud of concerning the Ship?

--------------------
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd." --Quentin Tarantino, Pulp Fiction

My blog: http://oxygenofgrace.blogspot.com

Posts: 11102 | From: Left coast of Wonderland, by the rabbit hole | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
chukovsky

Ship's toddler
# 116

- Posted      Profile for chukovsky   Author's homepage   Email chukovsky   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by kenwritez:
Having begun and then abruptly broken off a relationship with a woman who somewhat resembled Joanne, I certainly understand and sympathize with the reactions against her.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank. Do not write on both sides of the paper at once.

Posts: 6842 | From: somewhere else | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Mariner*
SOF Co-editor
# 105

- Posted      Profile for Ancient Mariner*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
A few questions for you, Simon and Erin: Where is the Ship headed? What developments do you both foresee in her in the next year or three? What are you both most proud of concerning the Ship?

Ken, we've been growing something in the dark here for the past six months that is going to steer the ship into some very entertaining and highly original waters in 2003.

Suffice to say at this stage that it is highly interactive, very shipmate orientated - and that nothing like it has been attempted in the mainstream/secular or religious world before.

We hope to do a pre-launch of this project before Christmas - so keep [Eek!]

--------------------
'Now if you'll excuse me, I have to appear on a tortilla in Mexico...'
Jesus to Homer Simpson

Posts: 1087 | From: St Helens (near Liverpool) UK | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Ken, we've been growing something in the dark here for the past six months that is going to steer the ship into some very entertaining and highly original waters in 2003.
Many things that grow in the dark are not very nice to be around. [Help]

Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
da_musicman
Shipmate
# 1018

- Posted      Profile for da_musicman     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:
quote:

Suffice to say at this stage that it is highly interactive, very shipmate orientated - and that nothing like it has been attempted in the mainstream/secular or religious world before.

I'm intrigued.
Posts: 3202 | From: The Dreaming | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

AM's been growing magic mushrooms again...

Viki

--------------------

JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief

Ship's pirate
# 2049

- Posted      Profile for JoyfulNoise & Parrot OKief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Oh good - I've just noticed I've run out.

--------------------
Written from my alternative universe.

Posts: 1101 | From: East Anglia in the UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
How exciting - I can't wait to see what it is. An adopt a baby mole project, perhaps? [Cool]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead*

Ship’s Photographer
# 1143

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead*     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Mariner:

I'm [Eek!] , I'm very [Eek!] .

Can't wait.

--------------------
Benedikt Gott Geschickt!

Posts: 7082 | From: Turbolift Control. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
strathclydezero

# 180

- Posted      Profile for strathclydezero   Email strathclydezero   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
I can.

There are other things I can't wait for ...

--------------------
All religions will pass, but this will remain:
simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.
V V Rozanov

Posts: 3276 | From: The Near East | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dave Walker

Contributing Editor
# 14

- Posted      Profile for Dave Walker   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
strathclydezero:
There are other things I can't wait for ...

Well you'll just have to. We can only afford one cubicle and there's certainly no budget for a cleaner.

--------------------
Cartoon blog / @davewalker

ChrisT

One of the Good Guys™
# 62

- Posted      Profile for ChrisT   Author's homepage   Email ChrisT   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Good point W, and SCZ please wait in line like everyone else.

I want to come back to a couple of earlier points. Firstly the ShipMate number thing *coughs politely, hoping people will notice his very impressive 62*

And secondly this, as posted by Erin about 8 months ago or something...

quote:
the only people still left from that first month or so on the boards are me, David Rayner, Steve T, Dyfrig, Chris, rachel (not rachel_o, the rachel who had Sven in Minnesota), DP, rosemary and Fudge. (Apologies if I left anyone out.)
Is that Chris me? Was I part of the Original 250 who paid up? Have I been around that long? I wish I had taken more of an active role back then now, I seem to have missed out on the Hurricane and probably several other interesting goings on... oh well.

Very interesting reading though, I salute all you who lead this Ship so magnificently.

--------------------
Firmly on dry land

Posts: 6489 | From: Here, there and everywhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
brodavid
Shipmate
# 460

- Posted      Profile for brodavid   Author's homepage   Email brodavid   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
Fascinating history. It has given me some appreciation for what all you early shipmates did to get the Ship going and keep it afloat. Personally, I want to know how the Ungodly Fear board came about, since that was what sucked me into the boards and community.

--------------------
Brodavid

"Prayer can do anything that God can do."
- E.M. Bounds

Posts: 702 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Simon

Editor
# 1

Hi brodavid... How did the Ungodly Fear board come about? We were planning to run a few extracts from Stephen Parsons' book of the same name, and it struck us that rather than just give the author's text, we might be able to generate a lot of useful debate if we linked it to a dedicated bulletin board. It worked a treat, as you know.

I've been on the lookout ever since for another book which might be worth giving the same treatment to, but haven't yet found anything to equal UF's documentary, cover-blowing approach. Glad you found us through the UF board. It's still online, in our archive, at this address.

--------------------
Eternal memory

ej
Shipmate
# 2259

- Posted      Profile for ej   Author's homepage   Email ej   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
*sitting here feeling respect levels increasing regarding rest of team, and feeling somewhat humbled and envious of the long-termers*

I'll admit to some dubiosity around SOF when i first arrived when things got ugly around the 'secret boards' thingy... But having stuck with it I'm glad I did... and having just perused another board yesterday for chuckles, I realise how important and developed and mature this place is... The journey it's taken has clearly brought it in the right direction... Here's hoping (actually, I'm sure that it will) that continues in the future.

--------------------
For my next trick I shall turn this water into funk...
...a little breathing-space...

Posts: 426 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Yo-Yo
Shipmate
# 2541

- Posted      Profile for Yo-Yo   Email Yo-Yo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by ej:
*sitting here feeling respect levels increasing regarding rest of team, and feeling somewhat humbled and envious of the long-termers*

I just wanted to echo EJ here. Thanks to Simon, Erin and all the other responsible parties for building an online christian community where I feel so welcome. [Not worthy!]

Is the print version of the Ship still published?

--------------------
"The purpose of life... is to love whoever is around to be loved." - Kurt Vonnegut jnr

Posts: 371 | From: XS | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wood
The Milkman of Human Kindness
# 7

- Posted      Profile for Wood   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
The print version of the Ship went the way of the Titanic about twenty years ago.

--------------------
Narcissism.

Posts: 7842 | From: Wood Towers | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sarkycow
La belle Dame sans merci
# 1012

quote:
Originally posted by Wood:
The print version of the Ship went the way of the Titanic about twenty years ago.

It hit an iceberg cause Simon had his eyes on something else?

And who were acting Leo and Kate?

[Big Grin]

Viki

--------------------

Rev per Minute
Shipmate
# 69

- Posted      Profile for Rev per Minute   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wood:

It hit an iceberg cause Simon had his eyes on something else?

And who were acting Leo and Kate?

[Big Grin]

Viki

Wood and Britney? [Big Grin]

(Sorry Wood, couldn't resist this on a 'history' thread)

--------------------
"Allons-y!" "Geronimo!" "Oh, for God's sake!" The Day of the Doctor

At the end of the day, we face our Maker alongside Jesus. RIP ken

Posts: 2696 | From: my desk (if I can find the keyboard under this mess) | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10 

Post new thread  
Open thread   Unfeature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016